NATION

PASSWORD

Alliance of Democratic States [OOC - Sign-up]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Well, the group is largely dead. Which is unfortunate given I really like the name.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Semolia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Semolia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Pillowlandia wrote:Well, the group is largely dead. Which is unfortunate given I really like the name.

There is few of us, active. It's sad that every organization fall apart because of lack of activity.

Salderia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Salderia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Semolia wrote:
Pillowlandia wrote:Well, the group is largely dead. Which is unfortunate given I really like the name.

There is few of us, active. It's sad that every organization fall apart because of lack of activity.

You could try making it active again

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Semolia wrote:

The IFC seems to have managed the unusual trick of remaining at least semi-permanent, and is coming up to its 2nd Birthday (hmm, should plan something exciting...) - so I'm personally focusing my efforts there. Again, any members of the ADS are welcome to join the IFC without needing to fill in the IFC application form.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Im thinking doing a reboot thread... might just give the needed fresh start....

Thoughts on the matter?
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Well I for one am generally opposed to having democracies split between two alliances - on the basis that while some competition would no doubt be a good thing, there don't seem to be enough democracies to go round (yet).
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Still a big fan of the name though
#ValaranSoFab

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:24 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Well I for one am generally opposed to having democracies split between two alliances - on the basis that while some competition would no doubt be a good thing, there don't seem to be enough democracies to go round (yet).

I believe that the IFC and ADS have different goals, though both are pro-democracy. It seems good to have two alliances to focus on two different ideals of democracy.

Pillow, I'd be willing to help with a reboot alliance!
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:30 pm

I support rebooting!
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Semolia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Semolia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:41 pm

I support rebooting, but I think we should make it interesting somehow and if someone take position he should work on that matter. Also, we should introduce some political bodies such is Council or something.
Last edited by Semolia on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:51 pm

Semolia wrote:I support rebooting, but I think we should make it interesting somehow and if someone take position he should work on that matter. Also, we should introduce some political bodies such is Council or something.

Could you elaborate on what could be done to make it interesting? Any possible ideas?
#ValaranSoFab

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:54 pm

A reboot would be interesting...
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Semolia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Semolia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Pillowlandia wrote:Could you elaborate on what could be done to make it interesting? Any possible ideas?

Meetings, posts about daily situations (where we should post our opinion about that event), etc...

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:08 pm

alright, any other large ideas/improvements that we could work on? I think I'll start drafting a proposal for a reboot thread sometime towards the latter part of this week,I realize that it is already more than halfway over.
#ValaranSoFab

Yymea
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:13 am

I would also support a reboot.
Linnuis wrote: There's nothing at all stupid about the all leftists under twenty-fives online football challenge match... against the fascists.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:29 pm

alright this is what I got so far for a rewrite of a new OP, apologies for such the wait.

Alliance of Democratic States
OOC, sign-up, and ADS official Business

ADS Council (insert Link)

Alliance of Democratic States Mission
The ADS is an alliance dedicated to the safeguarding and promoting of democracy across the world. Composed of democratic member-nations, the ADS is pledged to uphold and defend the principles of democracy, free and fair elections, political plurality and free speech.

ADS members have only one duty; to come to one anothers' aid when democratic values and rights are threatened, in defiance of all tyrants, fascists, authoritarian states and dictators. The ADS has no economic stance. Provided that a country is truly governed according to the wish of the people, and provided that those people enjoy all the benefits of free speech and freedom of access to information, it is a fit and worthy member of the ADS.

APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
Applicant must be democratic in governance (parliamentary, republic, constitutional monarchy, direct democracy, etc)
Applicant must have laws and policies safeguarding free speech and access to information (internet, private media sources, etc)
Applicant must have laws safeguarding trial by jury of peers and the right to legal representation
Applicant must be modern-tech and human
Applicant must swear to abide by the ADS Charter
ADS Charter
We the members of The Alliance of Democratic States, in order to form a more functional alliance, further the spread of democratic ideals, protection of human freedoms and rights, and ensure internal tranquility, do ordain and establish this Charter for The Alliance of Democratic States. The members of The Alliance of Democratic States, hereafter known as 'The Alliance', shall uphold this document and all principles within it.

Article I
Section 1
The universal recognition of the unalienable right of every human being to free speech and the access to information. As such, no nation shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Section 2
The universal recognition of the unalienable right of every human being to suffrage, and freedom of slavery. As such, no nation shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof the right of all citizens of majority to vote; or abridging the freedom of the people to choose their own governance.
Section 3
The universal recognition of the unalienable right of every human being to a fair and speedy trial, freedom from unreasonable search and cruel and unusual punishment, due process, and equality among all proceedings.
Section 3
The universal declaration that members of the Alliance shall not attack each other, either economically or militarily. Shall a member declare war upon another, other members are compelled to defend against the aggression.
Article II

Section 1
The governance of The Alliance shall be split among two branches. The Executive and the Council.
Section 2
The Executive branch shall consist of a single elected member known as the Chair, and be entrusted to ensure that The Alliance remains active, enforce the laws and charter of The Alliance, act as the official representative of The Alliance in all external matters.
They shall carry out their duties with the advice and consent of the Council.
The
Section 3
The Council shall consist of all member states and be entrusted to pass resolutions, laws, and tend to matters of importance to The Alliance.
Disagreements within The Alliance shall be settled by a panel of other member states.
The Council shall have the power and right to pass resolutions which may, though are not limited to, govern The Alliance in these subjects:
Intervene in non-member states with the consent and request of their government
expel members in violation of The Alliance charter, or for other reasons deemed appropriate.
Launch Military aid or action in member nations, or other locations
Support various groups and elements
Begin humanitarian missions
Authorization permanent acquisition of military equipment and hardware for The Alliance
Authorize additional requirements, and other requests upon members

All votes by The Council shall be at least a 2/3's majority vote. Any passed resolution may be repealed by a 2/3's vote. All votes to expel members shall require a 3/4's vote and evidence beyond reasonable doubt.
Section 4
All member states shall assist in the funding and financing of The Alliance. The Council shall set requirements for each member either as a group or individually. All members may contribute more than their required amount if they desire. All member states shall assist in the formation and maintenance of The Alliance QRF.
Section 5
The position of Chair shall be re-elected every two months. The votes shall be tallied by a impartial member selected by The Council.
#ValaranSoFab

Grande Republic of Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Republic of Arcadia » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Membership Commission
River House,
New Carlingford, Carloso

Official application for ADS membership

National Information
National title: Constitutional Monarchy of the Grande Republic of Arcadia
Nation name: Arcadia
Demonym: Arcadian
Capital city: Casatolo
Roleplay population: 3.37 billion
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Democratic government: [Y/N] Y
Right to free speech: [Y/N] Y
Right to access information: [Y/N] Y
Freedom of religion: [Y/N] Y
Freedom of the media: [Y/N] Y
Right to peaceful assembly: [Y/N] Y
Freedom of association: [Y/N] Y
Freedom of movement: [Y/N] Y
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: [Y/N] Depends on the situation
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: [Y/N] Y
Freedom from slavery: [Y/N] Y
Universal suffrage: [Y/N] Y
Criminal suffrage: [Y/N] Y
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: [Y/N] Y
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: [Y/N] Y
Freedom from discrimination: [Y/N] Y
Head of State: Prime Minister Munche
Head of Government: Parliament
Economic System: Capitalist
Currency: Arcadian Dollar
Exchange Rate to NSD:
Major Exports: Small arms, Heavy machinery, oil
Major Imports: Uranium , Oil, copper diamonds
Language: English
National history (summary): GO to the link
IIwiki or Factbook link: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=570466

Foreign Relations
Military alliance memberships:
Non-military alliance memberships: IFC
Foreign Policy:
Number of active military personnel (RP): 33,437,267(If my numbers are considered high I would like to state we have a few years of Compulsory military service)
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 56,478,278
Nuclear Arsenal: 1,289 total stockpile
Name of Military: GRA military
Branches of Military: Army, Navy, Aircorp
RP example: Lt. Resnov Govech
As his invasion craft hit the beaches he jump over the sides. As they took immediate fire from the Martial Police. He fired off a few rounds at the Fascists. He saw his squad running for a building so he followed. As Russian Airforces flew overhead bombing the nearby cities. He knew Russia will win. A war here would be quick, the nation is falling apart. He ran to the road where they killed four Swedish soldiers. A t90 drove past them firing rounds into the nearby town. He expected more resistance than the Martial Police. He policed the bodies and took their money, he doubted the Ruble would have much value here. He light a smoke and looked around. His unit started to move out to heat to the a nearby town. Once he got to the town they arrested several threats and gave them over to the Russian MPs. At this rate Sweden will fall in the week. The french were moving in on the West and the South and Russia moved in by the East and the South.

ADS representative information
Name: Kirt Betfit
Biography (optional):
Education (optional): College

Conclusion

The applicant nation hereby undertakes to follow the terms of the ADS charter: Yes
Signature: ________________________
Date:______________________

**ADSAPP**
Last edited by Grande Republic of Arcadia on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRA overview
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636136
GRA military
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gra ... /id=636075
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
American Conservative, leaning towards Fascism
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
~General Patton
All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.
~Benito Mussolini

PyeMcGowan
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby PyeMcGowan » Sat May 27, 2017 10:28 am

Membership Commission
River House,
New Carlingford, Carloso

Official application for ADS membership

National Information
National title:
Nation name: PyeMcGowan
Demonym: PyeMcGowian
Capital city: Charleston
Roleplay population: 490,000,000
Government:
Democratic government: [Y/N] Yes
Right to free speech: [Y/N]Yes
Right to access information: [Y/N] 1/2
Freedom of religion: [Y/N] Yes (But only Registered religions are allowed)
Freedom of the media: [Y/N] Yes
Right to peaceful assembly: [Y/N] Yes
Freedom of association: [Y/N] Yes
Freedom of movement: [Y/N] mostly
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: [Y/N] Yes
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: [Y/N] Yes
Freedom from slavery: [Y/N] Yes
Universal suffrage: [Y/N] Yes
Criminal suffrage: [Y/N] No
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: [Y/N] yes
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: [Y/N] yes
Freedom from discrimination: [Y/N] yes
Head of State: President Pye
Head of Government: PrimeMinister McArthy
Economic System: Mixed Economy
Currency: Poggle
Exchange Rate to NSD: ₱1 = N$2 N$1= ₱0.50
Major Exports: Information Technolagy
Major Imports: Metals
Language: English
National history (summary): Founded in 1500 after indipendance from the Pyimcinian Empire
IIwiki or Factbook link: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=pyemcgowan/detail=factbook/id=814252

Foreign Relations

Military alliance memberships: DEUN, U10
Non-military alliance memberships: LETA, ISF, U10
Foreign Policy: Neutral
Number of active military personnel (RP): 5,000,000
Number of reserve military personnel (RP):10,000,000
Nuclear Arsenal: Yes, 550 ICBMs, 220 Abombs and 12 cold fission bombs
Name of Military: The Federal Military Of PyeMcGowan
Branches of Military:
[*]Army
[*]Air Force
[*]Navy
[*]Marines
[*]Coast Guard Tel:010
[*]Counter Terrorists Units tel:4311
[*]special Operations Division
[*]Home Guard
[*]PMIA (PyeMcGowan Intelligence agency)
[*]PMPO (PyeMcGowan Peacekeeping organisation)
[*]SPIELD (strategic, Pyemcgowan, Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Department)

ADS representative information
Name: John Davidson
Biography (optional):
Education (optional): Charleston University

Conclusion

The applicant nation hereby undertakes to follow the terms of the ADS charter:
Signature: _________PyeMcgowan______
Date:________27/05/2017______

**ADSAPP**
I'm a Proud Member of the DEUN! Are you?
Member of the International Trade Organisation
Elparia CORO Member

[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
My nation is based in the year 2017, but it has a few PMT elements.
WWW.WorldAssembly.Int/Nations/PyeMcGowan/Stats
The Federation of PyeMcGowan is now an official member of the LETA TRADE ZONE{} A homeless woman has been put under house arrest {} The Westeel building in New Manama has announced that they will re-open within a 3 - 5 month period {} A cat has won the DOG of the year award {} 3.98 Billion Poggles retrieved from Bank robbers hideout.

An N14 Nation according to the Civilizations Index
English to Pyenglish Translator

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates