NATION

PASSWORD

Downtime ahead! [now finished]

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drachmaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmaland » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:57 am

Nation of Quebec wrote:A lot of the colors are now gold, which I thought was reserved for #1 nations only?

Gold is now top 1%, not just #1: http://www.nationstates.net/page=news/2016/02/28/
Last edited by Drachmaland on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:07 am

any particular reason that the badges are now all over the screen?

and some of the trophies are just text. I realize that the ones up top are intentional, but the others are kinda messed up.
Last edited by Urran on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:27 am

Urran wrote:any particular reason that the badges are now all over the screen?

and some of the trophies are just text. I realize that the ones up top are intentional, but the others are kinda messed up.

Have you tried doing a hard-refresh? Otherwise, can you post a screencap of what you're talking about, with your OS and Browser info? Everything looks fine on my end.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

TtyS0
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby TtyS0 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:43 am

Mousebumples wrote:
Urran wrote:any particular reason that the badges are now all over the screen?

Have you tried doing a hard-refresh? Otherwise, can you post a screencap of what you're talking about, with your OS and Browser info? Everything looks fine on my end.

Is it OK if I ask a few questions about the new update here? If not please tell where else but here I go:

1) Why is Crime and Religiousness medals reversed? It should definitely be possible to switch certain rankings to start from the bottom, so that instead of being in the bottom ~95% in religiousness, I'd like to bet in top 6% least religious for example.
Last edited by TtyS0 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:50 am

TtyS0 wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:Have you tried doing a hard-refresh? Otherwise, can you post a screencap of what you're talking about, with your OS and Browser info? Everything looks fine on my end.

Is it OK if I ask a few questions about the new update here? If not please tell where else but here I go:

1) Why is Crime and Religiousness medals reversed? It should definitely be possible to switch certain rankings to start from the bottom, so that instead of being in the bottom ~95% in religiousness, I'd like to bet in top 6% least religious for example.

Those rankings have their opposites. Compliance and Secularism respectively.

Questions should probably be directed toward this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=368186
Last edited by Luna Amore on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tanzeratti
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Cool!

Postby Tanzeratti » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:22 pm

[violet] wrote:Hello all,

A big chunk of downtime is coming for a feature release, as mentioned on the News page.

The plan is to take the server down at 6:30pm PST / 9:30pm EST / 2:30am GMT / 1:30pm AEDT.

And come back up approximately 3 hours later.

This is an estimate and may vary depending on how many things go horrifically wrong in the process.

During this time, the forum will stay up, and I'm hopeful you will be able to remain logged-in. But that's what I thought last time, and it didn't work, so it may be that the forums go read-only during this time. I'll do my best.

Thanks for your patience!

Update: All done!

Some pretty neat new features. Well done guys, I'm impressed!
Firearms Expert, Master of Things
Mr. Money's right hand man!

King Avalon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby King Avalon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:22 pm

Stellonia wrote:Uhh... The fonts are too big and the cluster of symbols looks irritating.

*coders spend hours on coding for the new update for a free online game*

*users complain that the symbols look irritating*

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:32 pm

I most certainly enjoy the new updates. Thank you to those who added the features.

http://i.imgur.com/vzvqXSP.jpg

What is in the red box-thing though, looks quite odd.
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

Drachmaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmaland » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:33 pm

Yaramaqui wrote:http://i.imgur.com/vzvqXSP.jpg
What is in the red box-thing though, looks quite odd.

It's an NS++ issue, already reported.

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:20 pm

I like this though I hate knowing exactly how I fucked up with my issues. I'll learn to love it. :)
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical