NATION

PASSWORD

[REMOVED] Commend Klopstock

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

ROM
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ROM » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:21 pm

The Constellation Islands wrote:
Rom wrote:A very Commendable nation, just this proposal lacks so much meat one could call it anorexic. If it ever makes to vote, I'll be voting against.

How so?

You list that he has been Defending for over ten years - very Commendable, don't get me wrong. But the only really impressive example you listed is the Asia one, and to say that those regions would still be is a big stretch, and you know it.
Author of SC Resolution #186 Commend Travelling Region

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:37 pm

Rom wrote:
The Constellation Islands wrote:
How so?

You list that he has been Defending for over ten years - very Commendable, don't get me wrong. But the only really impressive example you listed is the Asia one, and to say that those regions would still be is a big stretch, and you know it.

Precisely. I helped liberate several of those regions myself. Do I get a badge too? Don't get me wrong, Klopstock is a huge asset to the defender community, and does deserve to be commended. This just isn't the proposal to do it.

The Constellation Islands
Attaché

Founded: Nov 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Constellation Islands » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:59 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
Rom wrote:You list that he has been Defending for over ten years - very Commendable, don't get me wrong. But the only really impressive example you listed is the Asia one, and to say that those regions would still be is a big stretch, and you know it.

Precisely. I helped liberate several of those regions myself. Do I get a badge too? Don't get me wrong, Klopstock is a huge asset to the defender community, and does deserve to be commended. This just isn't the proposal to do it.

I appreciate your clarification. I would love to collaborate with you both on making a new proposal should the current one fail.

However I will stand by this proposal as long as it's on the floor of the SC.
Regional Delegate for the Cyberius Confederation
Fornax Corporation Chief Executive
www.government.co.tci
All uses of names (such as "Mr. Nicholas Louis", derived from French scientist Nicolas Louis de Laicalle), company names, technology, or any other possible copyrighted term, name, or image used on NationStates by this nation is strictly for entertainment and Roleplaying (RP) purposes, and by no means is meant for intellectual or copyright infringement, or false identity, and is however used to appreciate said image, term or name by means of Roleplay.

Icecream Princess
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Icecream Princess » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:I, for one, believe that defending the sovereignty of regions is a very noble and commend-worthy path. Precedent in the Security Council would suggest that much of the World is in agreement with such a line of thought. If players and regions can be condemned solely for their acts of invasion, then how isn't thwarting these players commendable?

I am shocked a defender believes defenders should be commended for defender actions.

I also don't think that raiding is -really- condemnation worthy. My main criteria for voting on that is if they want it.
Last edited by Icecream Princess on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Icecream Princess wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:I, for one, believe that defending the sovereignty of regions is a very noble and commend-worthy path. Precedent in the Security Council would suggest that much of the World is in agreement with such a line of thought. If players and regions can be condemned solely for their acts of invasion, then how isn't thwarting these players commendable?

I am shocked a defender believes defenders should be commended for defender actions.

I also don't think that raiding is -really- condemnation worthy. My main criteria for voting on that is if they want it.

Took ya' a while :P
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:57 am

Wrapper wrote:A few issues here:
Okay, it's noble to look out for the little guys, but for someone to earn a commendation, there's got to be more than just helping out reversing a raid in Narnia. And, I don't see any R/D activity at all in UNotJB. Was it just refounded?

Nah we tried hit it once. And we would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddlin' Field Commander and my awful triggering.

Previous

Return to Security Council