NATION

PASSWORD

The First Entanglement[IC][INVITEONLY][CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Loreford
Secretary

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Edelus

Governor Clancy shook his head. "I am but a faithful servant and representative of Her Majesty the Queen. You may present your terms to me if you wish, but you would have to wait for the Queen to send her reply." He paced about the room. "Far better, I think, for you to visit Fordus and speak to the Queen in person."

Hopefully, this would persuade the smelly outlanders to leave his room.

Somewhere on the Alauncei Steppes

Lenna collected some supplies off of the dead horsemen and remounted her horse.

"So...Lazarus, was it?"

Lazarus nodded. What did she want?

"When was the last time you saw seals frolicking in the vast steppelands of Alaunce?"

Lazarus frowned, brows knotted in concentration. What the hell were seals? A slang term perhaps? Or maybe an Alauncei word Lenna picked up during her time in Coran? A word for what? A person? An animal? What was a seal?

"Oh sorry. You probably don't know what a seal is do you? I've never actually seen one in the flesh, myself," Lenna said, casually nocking an arrow on her bow. "Just the skins brought in by the Alauncei. Apparently they are rather bulky, rounded in the middle and tapered off at the---"

Lazarus cut her off. "Nevermind that, what was your point?" He glanced at her bow. "And why do you look like you're about to kill someone again?"

Lenna sighed as she moved her horse southwards. Lazarus called out after her: "Loreford is this way!" She ignored him. Frustrated, he directed his own horse after her.

"The point is, seals live in the frozen lands to the far south," Lenna said, raising her bow and pulling back on the string. "So unless one decided to crawl up thousands of kilometres to live in a climate it is unsuited for, we have someone, dressed in seal skin, following us." She paused for a moment and shouted across the grasslands: "Show yourself!"

Ildor
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ildor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Frostheim, along the Northcape River, Ildor

They arrived in little over a day, after Taerion relentlessly trekked through the snowstorms with little to no disregard for his health. Bella's condition had worsened, and she was now a shivering and sweating wreck as they stopped in the middle of the small village, calling for help.

"What happened here?' a villager shouted, as more and more of them started streaming in.

"We need a medic! This girl here's been burning up under her fever for several days now. She needs treatment!"

A man who appeared to be the village doctor was ushered forth.

"You've made it just in time," he mentioned to Taerion and the silent Anna. "Any later and she would be beyond saving."

He quickly began issuing forth orders to the other civilians. The quiet village was now a bustle of action.

As Taerion watched them take away his charge, he felt a great weariness take over him. He hadn't exerted himself this muchsince... since his training with the war goddess. Gently lying flat on the ground, he slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.
Last edited by Ildor on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seralea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seralea » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:01 am

South Loreford, Edelus

Umin wasn't surprised by this. The defence and grandeur of this place didn't feel very palace like nor did the Governor display an aura of wealth or respect. In fact he seemed to have turned up his nose against them visually.

"Very well, Gov'ner. I'll like a guide and a map to what you call Fordus. I'll also assume you will give clearance for my men to accompany me in full force and to protect the gifts i shall provide for your Queen as well as a select few to protect my ship in your city. For your troubles I shall gift you this scented wolf hide."

Feeling like the govener wanted them to leave quickly. hopefully this would appease him and make the talks between Serelea and Loreford to go more smoothly.

Alaunce, higher north somewhere on the steppes

"I ask of you before I shoot between your eyes, Show yourself!!!!!"

Hoshia gasped in surprise. There was no way the fighter of the pair could see her. She was behind the outcrop and her animal clothing should at least make others think that she was a wild animal. Seeing the female take down an entire group of horsemen by herself she knew she couldn't fight her, even if she had the element of surprise by her side.

"Don't shoot."

Hoshia revealed herself, pulling her hood down to reveal her ponytail. Her fingers toyed with the handle of her deer horn knives as the bow and spear on her back would be too slow if a fight ensures.

Loreford
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:13 am

Somewhere on the Alauncei Steppes (yes, still)

Lenna turned towards Lazarus. "What do you make of this?"

Lazarus scratched his head. The newcomer lacked the features typical of an Alauncei - most noticeably, she did not have the characteristic high cheekbones. Whoever she was, she was not Alauncei. "I'm...not entirely sure," he said. "She probably just happened on your last, uh, battle and took cover."

Lenna nodded, and lowered her bow. "I've heard of a land to the south of these plains. She could be from there." She waved at the newcomer. "Hello, fellow traveller! What brings you to these lands?"

While rumours of other nations beyond the vast expanse of the Alauncei Steppes persisted in Loreford, Lazarus never paid attention to these whisperings. He had resolved to believe such tales only when presented with proof. Yet here stood a foreigner from beyond the steppes, a sure sign that somewhere in the world there were those who did not consign themselves to a life of wretched barbarity like the horsemen of the steppes. Lazarus approached the stranger: "Is it true? Are you really from the southern wastes?"

Chromire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chromire » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:33 am

Envoy to Ildor

Oryth was the first to buckle at the sight of any large beast, but to unknown, foreign people? They were a walk in the park.

He strode up to the stronghold’s gates, shouting loudly as if he were possessed by the drink.

“Ahoy up there! Special envoy from Chromire!”

Rattling the gates once more, he gazed up at the parapets of Castle Solitude only to be met with an animalistic, solitary glare from one of the windows. Leaping back, he shoved the Senate’s envoy scroll into another person’s hands.

Stepping forward, Eurydice sidled up to the side of the gate, her eyes darting around for the tell-tale signs of a sentry on duty. Upon espying one, she shook her head, trying to suffocate the laughter bubbling up. Oryth was really thick in the head sometimes.

She politely cleared her throat, and spoke clearly,

“Excuse me, but we have a message for King Lyon from Lanartes of Chromire.”

Seralea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seralea » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:34 am

Alaunce, higher north somewhere on the steppes still as well >_<

Holy, that girl is flipping crazy. That tone change. I hope the other one is more sane, Hoshia thought.

Hoshia nodded in response to the wave, still apprehensive of whether the one she dubbed 'Crazy' will randomly attack her.

"Greetings, I'm just here, taking in the sights, hoping to see something amazing up north. What brings both of you here and whom do you owe your allegiance to, " Hoshia replied, stopping at the minimal distance she needed to react to a shot. Up close, she could see their clothing and facial features more clearer. They lacked the traditional clothing she saw and their faces were different from the Alauncei corpses she often saw.

Loreford
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:46 am

Lazarus cleared his throat. He spoke with all the grandeur he could possibly muster: "My name is Lazarus Descartes, High Constable of Corvus and servant of Her Majesty the Queen of Loreford."

Lenna, by contrast simply said in a bored voice: "I'm Lenna. I'm a shopkeeper." She leaned in closer, observing the other woman. "These steppes are quite dangerous to be traversing alone on foot. You really should turn back," she said in a neutral tone.

Lazarus found himself nodding. "Yes, this is true. I can see that you are well armed, but travelling alone is ill advised." He turned towards the foreigner. "May I have your name, milad---"

Lenna cut him off. "You're an awful long way from home, are you not?" she asked the southerner. "Makes me question your true intentions here."
Last edited by Loreford on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chromire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chromire » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:48 am

Envoy to Gogun

The masked pair took off their masks. It was clear that the looks on people's faces as they passed by were ones of disgust. How dare some dark faced, disguised, individual dare to buy wares at my stall!

That indignant rice merchant's voice still rung in Mao's ears!

Sighing, the man shrugged as he began to feel the breeze on his skin for the first time in hours. Travelling at a fast pace, the Praetor's Guard were trained to move as the wind but be just as gentle too. They were not to be froward, but always forward; they were to present well, but never present all.

On the other hand, Man was enjoying all this secret business - she had only just joined up to the Praetor's Guard, and was the first woman to be trained, after having served under the Senate's Guard, a far more progressive organisation in her opinion.

Upon reaching the Chroman borders, together, they stepped across into Gogun territory, wondering what troubles would ensue now...

Seralea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seralea » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:02 am

still up there yo

I have no idea where that is, but he seems full of himself. And that psycho, Lenna, a shop keeper with those skills?? Maybe this is some shady organisation. I should back off whenever I can. I have to get this info to the Prince

"Long way from home? Well you sight seeing does tend to take you away from home. And those are my true intentions. I could also say the same about you two. A shopkeeper not at her shop? A long ass title out here in the barbarian lands? If you don't question me, I wont question you. "

Loreford
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:08 am

Lenna stared at the woman for a good few seconds as Lazarus offered up an explanation: "Ah, you see, I was sent here on a mission of utmost importance by Governor Samael of Corvus." The foreigner did not seem convinced, shaking her head with the slightest of movements.

"Well, then. Good travels," Lenna finally said. "Come on, Constable. We must be off to Corvus." She trotted westwards.

Lazarus nodded. "This is farewell, citizen of the icy wastes. May Lady Luck guide your path." He followed suit.

Gogun
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Gogun » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:41 am

Gogun border with Chromire

The two figures were walking slowly along the winding path, when Hogu spotted them. He had gathered his men quickly and silently. One of them had stopped to look around at some unusual foliage and the other was taking a quick swig from a water skin. They would be noticed any moment now.

Hogu leapt from the branch and onto the ground in front of the pair. They both quickly drew their weapons to answer Hogu's extended spear. Behind the foreigners three more of his men dropped onto the ground and brandished their spears.

"We are the Bulgen Ili and you are tresspassing on Gogun territory."

The two soldiers continued to hold their weapons stead. Slightly irritated Hogu, waved them away.

"Don't bother. There are archers in the trees, you would be dead before you could take a step. Now. More importantly, Why are you here?"

Seralea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seralea » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:49 am

Nearly done here

Governor? Samael? Corvus? What are these places and titles. High and fancy here is journeying with a psycho shop keeper in the middle of the wastelands?. Hoshia slightly shook her head, hard to believe such words.

"Farewell fellow travellors, may the Celestial spirits grant you peace," she said as the pair headed westwards.

If they are going west to this Corvus, maybe there is a nation to the west of the Alaunce

She let out a deep breath as she watched the pair fade into the distance. She started taking the arrows from the seven dead horsemen's quivers, replenishing her own ammo before she headed north, to the floating river.

Loreford
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:33 am

Somewhere near Fordus - Capital of Loreford

The hooded figure paused to look around before continuing along the forest trail, stopping by a cluster of rocks at the bottom of a cliff. The figure pushed a flat piece of rock over to the side, revealing a opened trap door. Descending into it, the figure dragged the rock back over the entrance before continuing down the ladder, finally coming to a stone chamber lit by torches held by half a dozen people who had swords drawn.

The figure pulled down the hood of its cloak, revealing none other than Queen Iris herself. One by one, those assembled sheathed their blades and knelt down, bowing their heads. "Your Majesty."

"Skip the formalities. Report." The Queen sat herself down at a stool off to the side of the room.

"Our agent in Coran has sent word that the Ruverd has indeed flowed skywards," one of the assembled replied. The Queen nodded. Her agents - the Hidden Array - were her eyes and ears working in complete secrecy and reporting back to her on all matters. The Coran agent was among the most skilled of the Array - indeed, that particular agent had earned the nickname of Weaponmaster in light of her skills with almost all weapons, as well as her ability to improvise - in her hands, anything and everything was a weapon.

"Additionally, a pigeon arrived this morning informing us that the High Constable of Corvus was in the area, having been sent there by Governor Samael. The agent reported that she was using this opportunity to infiltrate Corvus once again."

"Why would Samael send someone to Alaunce?" the Queen asked herself. "No doubt he's looking for a casus belli. The warmonger's been looking for an excuse to wage war against the steppes for years now." One of the Arrays responded to her musings: "With the collapse of the Ruverd as a barrier, he may have found his excuse at last. Our agent also told us that the Alauncei tribes have intensified their raids, taking advantage of the situation." Another agent chimed in: "We are of the opinion that our agent should be reprimanded for leaving her post at such a critical time." A wave of agreements sounded across the room.

The Queen shook her head: "No. On the contrary, the agent should be rewarded for her initiative." The Arrays looked up in confusion. The Queen explained: "With her return to Corvus, we can now monitor Samael more closely. Indeed, I suspect that she will use the High Constable as a reliable means of obtaining information. This was quite a brilliant move on her part."

Alris (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alris (Ancient) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:04 am

“Varys.”

“Here!”

“Denarys.”

“Present.”

“Elron.”

“Present, sir.”

“Good, all of us are here.” confirmed Lu Min. “Then, I will give you your orders, designated by His Majesty. Varys and Denarys. You two are to head to Precipa via sea through Faeris. Gather intel along the way. Your purpose is to further our understanding of the Republic of Chromire, and to detect any immediate dangers. A diplomatic envoy will travel with you until you reach Chroman lands, at which point they will wait on the ship until you identify possible threats on the way to Precipa. You will enter Precipa ahead of time in order to provide the Chromans with proper forewarning in order to facilitate a proper meeting. You shall consistently gather information regarding Chromire.”

“Yes sir!”

“Elron, you will follow them until Precipa, at which point you will cross the Covstell ranges via the northern pass and scout the general area. Denarys, after the envoy arrives at Precipa, you are to make haste and join Elron at the earliest possible opportunity. Varys will continue operations in Precipa alone. You two will then explore the lands beyond the mountains. Return to Drang Bay in six months’ time – we will have a ship waiting to pick you up. Varys, you will return to Alris along with the envoy.”

“Yes sir!”

Two weeks had passed. Lucy had been training with her father again, just as she used to before he left a year ago on the fated expedition.

Today, she had been summoned to meet the king – not in the audience chamber, but in a more private setting. She trudged towards the meeting chamber on the second floor of the palace. Straightening her back and ensuring her appearance was neat and tidy, Lucy knocked before pushing open the door.

She was greeted by the sight of her father, Lu Min and His Majesty, King Alvus, sitting down at the end of the long rectangular table. She was about to kneel, when the king motioned for her to join them. Judging by her father’s nervous expression, this meeting wouldn’t be about anything good. Her ominous premonition was not wrong.

“Lucy, I have a special mission for you. You will enter Gogun.”

Chromire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chromire » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:09 am

Envoy to Gogun

Mao and Man stared quickly at each other, before putting away their weapons. Clearing his throat, the stocky man cleared his throat and announced,

"We are Chromans, envoys from the Senate seeking a friendly alliance between our Empire and your people. We are headed for the capital, but first looking at the lie of the land and what Lady Luck has bestowed upon your mighty nation"

Man nodded in agreement, before quickly adding,

"We mean no harm, neither any aggression. As you would expect, a journey into a little known, foreign nation is fraught with high risks, accounting for our stealthy manoeuvres and our travelling light."

At that, the Goguns replied...

Envoy to Ildor

Eurydice smiled, head bowed, as the gates opened without a single creak. As the party made their way into the main chambers, she rehearsed in her head what she needed to say...mentally numbering them as she ticked them off;

One, that Chromire was facing natural disasters that interfered with harvest time.
Two, that it was plentiful in natural minerals and resources.
Threee, that, in exchange for greater levels of basic grains, Chromire would increase exports of handcrafted tools.

Seralea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seralea » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:18 am

South Loreford, Edelus

Umin gathered his men on the ship, knowing noone could eavesdrop them here.

"OK men, we have the permission to land and embark to the capital. Load up the gifts and send some men to the other ships to get them up here. We embark at dawn."

~~Week later outside the Queen's palace in Fordus~~

"I have a letter from Governer Clancy with permission of entry and to conduct talks with the Queen"

Loreford
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:25 am

Children of Ethar Monastery near Corvus, East Loreford

Grannis watched as his troops scoured the grounds of the destroyed monastery, searching for survivors. It was a terrible sight to behold. The central courtyard was littered with humanoid corpses charred beyond recognition. The old monastery had been thoroughly disassembled, as if something had flung its bricks apart. A pile of ashes rested where the hospice used to be.

The Alauncei had to pay for this. Grannis recalled his discussion with Lazarus the last time they were here.

Loreford wrote:“I’ve always wondered how these monks avoid the seasonal Alauncei raids..."

He had been a fool. These monks didn't avoid the Alauncei, the Alauncei simply ignored the monks - they were probably too far away and too poor to bother raiding. Now that the flying Ruverd made entering Loreford a much easier task, the raiders had become more confident and more brazen in their attacks. His mistaken assumption that the monks were safe - his refusal to assign adequate security in the area due to his foolish notions of its safety - had led to their deaths and the destruction of their monastery.

The Governor was right. The Alauncei were monsters. Beasts given human form. They had to be exterminated, wiped off of the surface of the world. For the people of Corvus. For their friends, families, and children.

The Queen's refusal to be drawn into open conflict was holding them back and obstructing justice. Vengeance.

The monastery was not an isolated incident. Grannis had received reports from all over the province of villages having been completely and utterly destroyed. The Alauncei were waging bloody war, it seemed, and they were unable to retaliate, unable to do so because of the meddling of the bureaucrats in Fordus who knew nothing of the hardships the people of Corvus endured. Somehow, they would have to removed....

Gogun
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Gogun » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:27 am

Hogu smiled wanly. It seemed that old rice merchant was still doing his job. He made a mental note to give the man an extra silver the next time they saw each other.

"Hand over your weapons. We'll escort you to the capital. We had advance intelligence that you were coming, so we had horse prepared. I trust you both can ride?"

Some time later Josun North Gate
Hogu's party passed through the gate with ease as peasants parted quickly from the group of horsemen. No one wanted to make themselves the target of the Bulgen Ili. They stopped in front of the barracks and the men slid gratefully from their saddles. Several attendants rushed from the stables to accept the reins.

Hogu waved over the foreigners who both seemed quite beleaguered.

"The Palace is just up the road. You can get your weapons back when we head out of Gogun territory again. Just come back to these barracks. My advice if you want to get out of the country with your heads firmly attached to your necks is to go to the palace, make sure the emperor isn't the one responding to inquiries. If you see him just wait until the next day and go back. Here's a few Gogun silvers, if you want to have a last meal." Hogu tossed the handful of coins toward the taller Chroman and went to get some rest in the barracks.

Loreford
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:43 am

Fordus

"Your Majesty, Governor Samael once again sends a request to march his forces east--" The Queen waved the High Chancellor away and walked straight past him through the carpeted hallway: "Tell Samael that he will be relieved of duty at the end of this month."

One of her Arrays, disguised as a minor noble approached her, and when she continued walking, quickened his pace to keep up with her. "Reports from our provincial agents - it would seem that the Alauncei raids have become more aggressive. Villages are being slaughtered and burnt to ashes." The Queen whispered back: "Nothing we can do about it for now, tell Samael to increase patrols in the province and inform me when the Weaponmaster reaches Corvus." The Array nodded and inconspicuously moved away, disappearing into an adjacent hallway.

As she neared the Council Chambers, various Councillors surrounded her and petitioned for her support for their various causes. She gestured to her two Royal Guard escorts, and they pushed the rabble back. The Queen continued onwards to the Throne Room. Her steward awaited her, and upon spotting her, he graciously bowed. "Your Majesty. The foreigners have arrived seeking an audience with you."

"Do you know where they are from?" the Queen asked, making sure her crown was on properly.

"They claim to come from the uninhabited wastelands to the south." He paused for a bit. "Personally, I don't believe that this "Sara Leea" of theirs actually exists."

"If they are telling the truth, then this will be the first contact we've had with foreigners other than the Alauncei." The Queen gestured to the two guards flanking the double doors into the Throne Room. "If not, then it would have been a welcome respite from the constant hounding by the Council."

The guards simultaneously opened their respective sides of the doorway, revealing a circular chamber with guards posted at intervals along the walls. A throne, flanked by two guards stood atop a raised central dais. In front of the dais awaited strange men wearing skins. The Queen took a deep breath and moved to the Throne.
Last edited by Loreford on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seralea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seralea » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:30 am

Alaunce, River Ruverd

Hoshia could not believe what she saw. Like a snaking dragon, the river snaked upwards up the mountain and into the sky. She struggled to see where it ended. A waterfall? A floating island? Maybe it just disappears??

She was so awed that she didn't have time to hide before she heard the horse hooves.

"Well, well, what's this? A cute, little girl to keep me company tonight?" His companions laughed at their leader's boast.

Hoshia snarled out a reply, "You like them little cos your dick is little?"

The leader replied, "Well I show yo-" An arrow knocked him off this horse.

"Heh, 1 pansy down 4 to go."

Hoshia tumbled out of the way as two of them rushed her, firing another arrow before throwing her bow down in favour of her spear. One of the pair instantly died while the other rushed too far and fell into the waterless river, unable to rise as his horse crushed him.

"Ha, pansies this is all you have for a cute, little girl, " she said as she rushed the last pair.

The other two quickly exchanged some words before fleeing away. "You better watch out, you killed the chief's brother."

"Yea whatever pansies, ready whenever you are ;P."

Sigh, time to get back to Serelea and inform the Prince of this

That queen, now that displays power and royalty, unlike that dodgy governor. Now this girl, wow she's pretty

"Your highness, We ,the Sereleans, would like to conduct an alliance with your nation, the Loliford cough I mean Loreford due to the danger the Alaunce and possibly other nations. We suggest trade and support of each other in face of invasions by other nations. Also to create peace and culture exchange between our nations"

Loreford
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:37 am

"An alliance, you say?" The Queen leaned forward, intrigued. Her steward, who stood beside her, bent forwards to whisper into her ear: "Your Majesty, just look at their dress! Clearly they must be savages. While they would no doubt benefit from an alliance, what would we obtain from it?" The Queen dismissed him with a wave of the hand.

"These terms are agreeable to me. My Council will have the terms of the alliance written up and signed by this afternoon. Until then, please feel free to lodge in the guestrooms, or stretch your legs in the city. Now, if that is all...."

Seralea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Seralea » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:33 am

Loreford, Fordus

Well that was surprisingly easy. She didnt even question us or ask her many advisor around her. I better argue the terms better when they fully write the alliance up. Let's hope those gifts we left behind would appease her majesty and convince her fellow attendants that we aint savages. Well time to see what this city can offer us. Umin thought as he patted his coin pouch, eager to explore the place.

~~A few hours later at a Loreford blacksmith ~~

An assortment of weapons lined the place, ones Umin were familiar with and some he weren't. He placed his hand on a big sword who seemed to look as wide as a shield. Exerting his strength he lifted it, surprised at its weight and balanced differently from Serelean weapons.

"Woah there matey, don't swing that around out here."

Umin looked up to see the bulky blacksmith crossing his arms looking at him. "This sword, what type is it and how do I use it?"

The blacksmith sized Umin up, His eyes traced his muscles before landing at the sword at Umin's hip. Satisfied that it wasn't just a curious citizen he beckoned Umin. "Pick any other weapons you also want to try and well take it out the back for you to try."

Umin pointed out several unusual weapons and then followed the blacksmith to learn them. Hoping this will get him to learn their weapon uses and also gain him a souvenir.

Alaunce, Somewhere on the steppes

Having taken a horse from one of the Alauncei she killed, her return back to Serelea was going considerably fast and smooth despite her lack of handling the horse and her sore backside.

The air hummed with vibrations and soon the sound of many hooves hammering the ground resounded across the steppes.

"THERE'S THE GIRL THAT KILLED MY BROTHER, I WANT HER CAPTURED ALIVE, hiyah".

Hoshia looked behind her and saw a score of horsemen rushing at her, brandishing their weapons. Guess these pansies don't know what alive means raced through her mind as she awkwardly tried to dodge any arrows flying her way but despite her efforts, the more experienced horsemen were quickly gaining on her.

"Gah." She drew her bow back clumsily, trying hard to keep balance on the steed and hoping the arrow will hit with all those horsemen behind her.

The arrow flew over the Alauncei who were still shrieking and hollering. The next arrow took down a horse on the left flank, causing the horse to fall and tripping another.

A couple of bolas flew at her, each missing their mark until one hit Hoshia's horse's feet causing the horse to fall. Hoshia quicklytumbled away, letting a few arrows fly before running towards a more dependable area near a rock outcrop.

Dammit, those pansies really did come back in force. Tch, the info I have really needs to get back to the Prince.

The remaining horsemen trotted up to her location before demounting at a distance.

"Haha little girl, You are so going to regret killing my brother and men. You're going to be my personal slave and I'll play with you everyday, sweetie." The Alauncei erupted in laughter.

Hoshia swung her spear, "I am more than enough to take the likes of you. The Celestial spirits favour me."

"Hehehe, you wont be talking soon, you can't take all of us on. Capture her." Their warcry sounded across the land.

Hoshia uttered a prayer before focusing on the situation.

They want to catch me alive, I can fight recklessly. My bow broke when I fell off the horse, may its soul find peace , so I can't resort to range. My spear can only last as long as it takes me to take it out of their rotten bodies. My deer horn knives should carry me the rest of the way. If that fails, I'll...I'll..For the glory of Serelea.

Her enemy came at her by foot, heckling her and approaching her in an arc. Her spear pierced 3 of them before she threw it at another enemy, killing him. She picked up a sword from one of the fallen and cut a bola aimed at her before slashing the throat of one approaching from her. Another engaged her in a swordfight, careful to keep his back to his friends to avoid any bolas thrown at her. A quick parry later, her opponent disarmed her, a smile spread across his face before his face was slashed by Hoshia's knives.

The fight continued with Hoshia downing 9 of the twenty before the Alauncei captured her.

"Well well, look who's here by my feet." The chief grabbed the chin of Hoshia, who shrunk backwards at his touch. "Heh, you're pretty cute up close, reckon you'll be a pretty nice addition to my bedchamber. Right boys?" A lot of jeering started. "Hmm, for the trouble you caused us, why don't I try you out here. Boys, grab her, I'll give you guys a turn next." The Alauncei all looked eager and some of them were hunched over at just looking at her.

Hoshia's eyes widen in fear, her mouth open and a croak sounded before her high pitched shriek echoed across the land. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"
Last edited by Seralea on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loreford
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Loreford » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:24 pm

The Treaty of Fordus
  • Article 1: Both the nations of Loreford and Seralea undertake to co­operate for their common defence and to consult together on the problems raised by that defence.
  • Article 2: Both the nations of Loreford and Seralea undertake to resist any attack or aggression, direct or indirect, directed against the independence or the territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Loreford.
  • Article 3: Command of Alliance forces will fall under the reigning monarch of Loreford.
  • Article 4: Both the nations of Loreford and Seralea will exchange envoys within fifteen months of signing this treaty and permanently maintain diplomatic missions.
  • Article 5: The Common trading tongue will be used in diplomatic communiques.
  • Article 6: Seralea will maintain at least three suitable ports, as selected by Loreford surveyors, for the purposes of trade.
  • Article 7: Both the nations of Loreford and Seralea will provide aid and support for ships stranded or wrecked along their respective coasts.
  • Article 8: All Loreford mariners may conduct surveys and mapping operations at will in the seas off the Seralean coastline.
  • Article 9: All Loreford merchants are permitted residence, unhindered trade, and the right to lease land and buildings for those purposes in the open ports.
  • Article 10: All Loreford and Seralean merchants are guaranteed the freedom to conduct business without interference from either government and to trade without restrictions or prohibitions.
  • Article 11: All citizens of Lorefords are granted the right of extraterritoriality within Seralea.
  • Article 12: This treaty takes effect the moment it is signed.

Looking over the treaty, the Queen ordered that the foreigners be brought in to sign it, thus cementing the Loreford-Seralean Alliance.

Ildor
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ildor » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:10 am

Castle Solitude, Illiel, Ildor

Lyon slammed his desk in frustration. He had already sent another group to Vuk'Krakkis, but was beginning to question his decision. A few days ago the earth had tremored, and even here in Illiel they'd felt it. It was almost as if the fire mountain was aware of his probing and had responded accordingly. The scouting expedition hadn't been in touch with him ever since that day.

He had a feeling they had already passed on, claimed by Gaia.

"What the hell is happening?" he muttered to himself.

Standing up, he was about to head outdoors to relieve some stress when the door burst open. It looked like there would be no rest for him today.

"Your majesty, there is a party from Chromire here to see you," the guard said.

Lyon sighed. "Alright. I'll be right there."

Might as well see where this was heading. He hoped it wasn't anything major - probably just another trade caravan.

Chromire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chromire » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:30 pm

Josun North Gate, Gogun

Mao and Man shrugged as their weapons were surrendered. A horse each, they began riding until they reached the barracks, and the Goguns dismounted, giving instructions as to how to get to the Palace. The Chromans weren't sure whether the Emperor was in, and so decided to take the Gogun patrol leader's advice and avoid the Palace initially and skirted around the Palace to gather intelligence on the Emperor's whereabouts.

But after a long day, the envoys first had to find accommodation to spend the night...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents