NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion is Wrong?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Is Abortion "unethical"?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 530

Meldaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Abortion is Wrong?

Postby Meldaria » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Some people make the claim that abortion is wrong, because "you are destroying potential life". So wait, just because this "potential life" got a little bit farther than other "potential life", it's somehow more important? Every time you masturbate you're destroying millions of "potential lives". Every time you wear a condom, same principle. If you wake up in the morning with sticky sheets do you say, "CRAP I'M A MURDERER!" No of course not, but people still tend to call abortion doctors, "murderers". In fact, by not having constant sex as much as possibly entirely depleting your testicles of sperm and semen, you are destroying a whole lot of "potential life". It's really hard to avoid destroying "potential life", so just because an embryo or fetus is a bit further along the line doesn't mean it is any more deserving of life than all the other "potential life" we destroy on a daily basis. So I would just like to point out that arguments against abortion are short-sighted, ignorant, and illogical. Please debate here.
Last edited by NERVUN on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Poll edited
The Aryan Nationalist Party of Meldaria
Fascist Imperialist Union
All my comrades join me here today!
Extended Factbook
Democracy has failed. Return to the fascist ways!
FIU Map
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 [1]

The Hobbo
Secretary

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 am

Here's a link that has different articles that might answer your questions:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-ans ... euthanasia
Psalm 14:1

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, they have abominable works, there is none who dose good.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 am

Well, it really comes down to the fact that it occurs, a lot, regardless of whether it's legal or illegal and so, given that's the case, it's better to make it a safe, medical procedure than a risky non-medical procedure.

I mean, people can argue on forever about personhood but they're rather irrelevant arguments.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Nova Magna Germania
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Magna Germania » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:57 am

Only a fertilized egg is a potential person. When u jerk off, its just sperms. Sperms dont grow up to be people.

Eternal Life with God
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Life with God » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:00 am

ALL those who support abortion were not aborted themselves >:(
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6
Economic Left/Right: 4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56

“God became man so that man might become God.”
-St.Augustine of Hippo

Skibereen
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Skibereen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:02 am

I wouldnt debate this here if you were going to give the Serpent and Rainbow treatment.

I will say however(like many things that dumbed down to an AMAZING degree on this board) its a very complex issue, not black and white. Many people are torn where their loyalties should lie.

I am very much anti-abortion in just about all cases--fuck a list "Just about all cases" is the only answer Im giving.
However I am also very much in favor of choice, choice is freedom, it is free-will, it IS the woman's body...but then its the babies body too.
So I am a personally I very reluctant supporter of choice, and i feel sick when i say it. But I do say it, and as much as it pains me--and it does pain me--I mean it.
I dont like whack job bully-boy protesters outside clinics holding pictures of dead babies and acting like abusing women in trouble makes them rightgeous, I dont like filthy pig faced sluts who get 3 or 4 abortions because that cant figure out those cocks they keep hoping on are the cause of the problem. Yes I have known both kinds of people.

I dont like the issue, it isnt a win/lose issue. Its a lose lose issue. No matter what choices are shitty on this one and...bleh.
argumentum ad logicam, seriously think about it.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison
First in line for the pie in the sky

Nobel Hobos
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 am

Eternal Life with God wrote:ALL those who support abortion were not aborted themselves >:(

And all those who oppose abortion, likewise. Your point ?
AKA & RIP BunnySaurus Bugsii, Lucky Bicycle Works, Mean Feat, Godforsaken Warmachine, Class Warhair, Pandarchy

I'm sure I was excited when I won and bummed when I lost, but none of that stuck. Cause I was a kid, and I was alternately stoked and bummed at pretty much any given time. -Cannot think of a name
Brown people are only scary to those whose only contribution to humanity is their white skin.Big Jim P
I am a Christian. Christianity is my Morality's base OS.DASHES
... when the Light on the Hill dims, there are Greener pastures.Ardchoille

Eternal Life with God
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Life with God » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 am

Nobel Hobos wrote:
Eternal Life with God wrote:ALL those who support abortion were not aborted themselves >:(

Hypocrites >:( Liberalism cannot advance to the degree of allowing people to have such great liberty that others are(negatively) affected.
Imagine the "poor" babies in heaven:

:( -- Mummy doesn't want me!
Last edited by Eternal Life with God on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

-St.Augustine of Hippo

Former Principalities
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Principalities » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 am

This issue is one that I can't seem to have a definite stance on. I appreciate that women should be allowed to make decisions for themselves, but with abortion it's different. If the baby has an illness or something of that sort which threatens its life and/or the life of the mother, then abortion should be an option in that circumstance. However, an abortion which is performed to remove the baby because the mother-to-be complains that she can't support a baby, or other reasons such as that, is pure idiocy. The baby exists because you made the wrong choice relative to your own life and standing. Live with it.

I'm probably going to get hammered for this view, but hey, that's what a debate is all about.

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 am

I think the situation in the Philippines is one of the best arguments for legalised abortion.

(They have a total abortion ban, and complications from illegal abortions are one of the most common causes of hospitalisation among women.)

However there are people who would rather have been aborted then carried to term by a person who had no choice.

Besides, most people do not support abortion, they are just pro-choice.
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Nobel Hobos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 am

Eternal Life with God wrote:
Nobel Hobos wrote:

Hypocrites >:(

Same to you.
AKA & RIP BunnySaurus Bugsii, Lucky Bicycle Works, Mean Feat, Godforsaken Warmachine, Class Warhair, Pandarchy

I'm sure I was excited when I won and bummed when I lost, but none of that stuck. Cause I was a kid, and I was alternately stoked and bummed at pretty much any given time. -Cannot think of a name
Brown people are only scary to those whose only contribution to humanity is their white skin.Big Jim P

Nova Magna Germania
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Magna Germania » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:10 am

Nobel Hobos wrote:

Hypocrites >:( Liberalism cannot advance to the degree of allowing people to have such great liberty that others are(negatively) affected.

If there is a heaven and if there are fetuses there, how can they think "Mummy doesn't want me"?
Last edited by Nova Magna Germania on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Life with God
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Life with God » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:10 am

Nobel Hobos wrote:
Nobel Hobos wrote:

Same to you.

You are here now only because you were not aborted: "tumour and cell" >:(

-St.Augustine of Hippo

Eternal Life with God
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Life with God » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 am

Nova Magna Germania wrote:
Nobel Hobos wrote:

If there is a heaven and if there are fetuses there, how can they think "Mummy doesn't want me"?

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge

-St.Augustine of Hippo

Nobel Hobos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:15 am

Nobel Hobos wrote:
Nobel Hobos wrote:

Same to you.

You are here now only because you were not aborted: "tumour and cell" >:(

And you are only here because YOU were not aborted.

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 am

Eternal Life with God wrote:Hypocrites >:( Liberalism cannot advance to the degree of allowing people to have such great liberty that others are(negatively) affected.

Congratulations, you win the “first appeal to emotion in a new abortion thread” award.

I would disagree with someone being negatively affected in abortion (apart from the woman who has to go through it), because an embryo or foetus is unable to feel pain or suffering.

Also, if aborted foetuses go to heaven, why are you so insistent on keeping them here? If they are aborted, they have a free ticket to heaven without having to go through all the irritations of life.

Eternal Life with God wrote:You are here now only because you were not aborted: "tumour and cell" >:(

I’m here because my mother did not choose to abort me.

That doesn’t mean I should believe that she shouldn’t have the choice.
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Cabra West
Senator

Founded: Jan 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabra West » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:18 am

Yes, and some of us wish we had been. Your point being?
"I was walking along the bank of a stream when I saw a mother otter with her cubs. A very endearing sight, and as I watched, the mother otter dived into the water and came up with a plump salmon, which she subdued and dragged on to a half-submerged log. As she ate it, while of course it was still alive, the body split and I remember to this day the sweet pinkness of its roes as they spilled out, much to the delight of the baby otters who scrambled over themselves to feed on the delicacy. One of nature’s wonders: mother and children dining upon mother and children. And that’s when I first learned about evil. It is built in to the very nature of the universe. If there is any kind of supreme being, I told myself, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior."

Lord Vetinari

Nodinia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Nodinia » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 am

I make the following pronouncement -

This Thread Will End Well

Please carry on.

Cabra West
Senator

Founded: Jan 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabra West » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 am

Eternal Life with God wrote:Hypocrites >:( Liberalism cannot advance to the degree of allowing people to have such great liberty that others are(negatively) affected.

Yes, and growing up that mummy didn't want me and still doesn't want me, that having me made her life hell and she's in turn making mine hell now, that's oh so much better for all involved, is it?
"I was walking along the bank of a stream when I saw a mother otter with her cubs. A very endearing sight, and as I watched, the mother otter dived into the water and came up with a plump salmon, which she subdued and dragged on to a half-submerged log. As she ate it, while of course it was still alive, the body split and I remember to this day the sweet pinkness of its roes as they spilled out, much to the delight of the baby otters who scrambled over themselves to feed on the delicacy. One of nature’s wonders: mother and children dining upon mother and children. And that’s when I first learned about evil. It is built in to the very nature of the universe. If there is any kind of supreme being, I told myself, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior."

Lord Vetinari

The Future Kingdom
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Future Kingdom » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 am

The public should STAY OUT OF IT its the womans right to decide to do abortion OR NOT

Look at it this way if the kid is born and the parents are broke as hell would you really want another starving person living?? i sure would not want that kid to suffer

Eternal Life with God
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Life with God » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 am

Cabra West wrote:

Why don't you commit suicide, then?Why even bother joining NS if you wish to die so much?
Last edited by Eternal Life with God on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

-St.Augustine of Hippo

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:26 am

Nodinia wrote:I make the following pronouncement -

This Thread Will End Well

Please carry on.

I can't see it lasting more than a couple of pages tops,
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The Future Kingdom
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Future Kingdom » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:26 am

Cabra West wrote:

Why don't you commit suicide, then?Why even bother joining NS if you wish to die so much?

There is a difference between to commit suicide and abortion cause the baby isn't really alive till it leaves the mother (in my eyes anyways so think before u type

Eternal Life with God
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Life with God » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:27 am

The Tofu Islands wrote:

Congratulations, you win the “first appeal to emotion in a new abortion thread” award.

I would disagree with someone being negatively affected in abortion (apart from the woman who has to go through it), because an embryo or foetus is unable to feel pain or suffering.

Also, if aborted foetuses go to heaven, why are you so insistent on keeping them here? If they are aborted, they have a free ticket to heaven without having to go through all the irritations of life.

Eternal Life with God wrote:You are here now only because you were not aborted: "tumour and cell" >:(

I’m here because my mother did not choose to abort me.

That doesn’t mean I should believe that she shouldn’t have the choice.
In other words, you think she has the right and liberty to abort you, ma right so sacred Yeshua himself, George Washington, the Buddha, and indeed- Karl Marx himself worshipped

-St.Augustine of Hippo

Eternal Life with God
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Life with God » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 am

The Future Kingdom wrote:
Cabra West wrote:

There is a difference between to commit suicide and abortion cause the baby isn't really alive till it leaves the mother (in my eyes anyways so think before u type

What if it leaves the body before it has developed? Will it then be considered not alive, even when it really is alive?

-St.Augustine of Hippo

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General