NATION

PASSWORD

Astounding Immorality of Islam: Allah's "Rewards" in Heaven

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Toubourlouki
Attaché

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Toubourlouki » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:59 pm

I like to think about Islam and its idea of an Afterlife that God has a special place up there in Heaven where He houses all those Muslims and their virgins. Have you ever thought of that possibility?

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Toubourlouki wrote:I like to think about Islam and its idea of an Afterlife that God has a special place up there in Heaven where He houses all those Muslims and their virgins. Have you ever thought of that possibility?

Kinda. I like Gimlé a little better though.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Get off your high horse.

It's more of a high pony, really.

Ifreann wrote:Farn be locking threads like they were bridges.
Ifreann wrote:Political correctness needs to go further, because the tears of people crying over being called on their bullshit fuel my time machine.

Quintium wrote:Just another symptom of self-hatred in Western Europe and North America. Don't worry, it'll all end in war. But for the moment, try not to be too white if you don't want to be discriminated against.

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Not really. The Predator wouldn't bother fighting a baby.

It would if it had a sharp stick

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭
(ᓘᒃ 3:23–38)
1ᒪᓯᓇᐃᑲᓐ ᐃᑕ ᐁ ᐎᑖᑲᓂᐗᓂᓕᒃ ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑖᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭, ᑌᐱᑦ ᐅᑯᓯᓴ, ᐁᑉᕃᐋᒻ ᐅᑯᓯᓴ᙮

Toubourlouki
Attaché

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Toubourlouki » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm

New Ogunquit wrote:
Toubourlouki wrote:I like to think about Islam and its idea of an Afterlife that God has a special place up there in Heaven where He houses all those Muslims and their virgins. Have you ever thought of that possibility?

Kinda. I like Gimlé a little better though.

But would you get eternally laid in Gimlé?

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:23 pm

You might be disappointed then, considering it can also be read as "raisins", rather than virgins.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:41 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote: *Snip*

Where do I even begin...

While I am no longer a member of the "criticize Islam for being (allegedly) terrible" crowd, and thus I am not saying this to say that Christianity is "better" than Islam, I have to say that you've taken a lot of those verses out of context. First of all, a lot of it is from the Old Testament, which as I have said and provided evidence for earlier in this thread (and will again if you ask for it), does not apply as law in Christianity. So anything from Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Exodus, and pretty much any other Old Testament book can be tossed out.
I mean, this should be common sense really, a lot of this likely wasn't even practiced in Jesus's time, let alone in the Early Church. But, if you just want to smear Christianity without actually educating yourself I guess it's a good place to start.

As for the New Testament verses on slavery, you should realize (as should everyone else) that Christianity formed in the Roman Empire, in which slavery was a firmly entrenched institution (and was actually a lot better and relatively more humane than the race based slavery of the U.S), so obviously slavery had to be addressed in the Apostles' writings. It should be noted, especially by you considering you're posting said verses, that the slaves are not considered to be somehow lesser than a free man. In fact, allow me to show the COMPLETED versions of some of those verses you quoted.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Don't threaten them; remember, you both have the same Master in heaven, and He has no favorites. Ephesians 6:9 New Living Translation.

It's nice to put things in context.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

It should be noted that this is a PARABLE said by Jesus. And does not necessarily apply to Slavery. Note that he referred to them as "servants" rather than "slaves".

Colossians 3:18 *

18. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

19. Husbands, love your wives and never treat them harshly. Colossians 3:19.

I could do this for all your verses, but I suppose this is sufficient for my point.

Huh. So what you're saying is that taking quotes out of context in a large holy text written thousands of years ago shouldn't be a way to judge or dismiss a religion in the modern age.

Hmm. Interesting.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Where do I even begin...

While I am no longer a member of the "criticize Islam for being (allegedly) terrible" crowd, and thus I am not saying this to say that Christianity is "better" than Islam, I have to say that you've taken a lot of those verses out of context. First of all, a lot of it is from the Old Testament, which as I have said and provided evidence for earlier in this thread (and will again if you ask for it), does not apply as law in Christianity. So anything from Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Exodus, and pretty much any other Old Testament book can be tossed out.
I mean, this should be common sense really, a lot of this likely wasn't even practiced in Jesus's time, let alone in the Early Church. But, if you just want to smear Christianity without actually educating yourself I guess it's a good place to start.

As for the New Testament verses on slavery, you should realize (as should everyone else) that Christianity formed in the Roman Empire, in which slavery was a firmly entrenched institution (and was actually a lot better and relatively more humane than the race based slavery of the U.S), so obviously slavery had to be addressed in the Apostles' writings. It should be noted, especially by you considering you're posting said verses, that the slaves are not considered to be somehow lesser than a free man. In fact, allow me to show the COMPLETED versions of some of those verses you quoted.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Don't threaten them; remember, you both have the same Master in heaven, and He has no favorites. Ephesians 6:9 New Living Translation.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

It should be noted that this is a PARABLE said by Jesus. And does not necessarily apply to Slavery. Note that he referred to them as "servants" rather than "slaves".

I could do this for all your verses, but I suppose this is sufficient for my point.

Huh. So what you're saying is that taking quotes out of context in a large holy text written thousands of years ago shouldn't be a way to judge or dismiss a religion in the modern age.

Hmm. Interesting.

It's okay to take brown people's holy books out of context. *nod*
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

The Jaclean Empire
Minister

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jaclean Empire » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Did the OP legit just come here to start shit, and then get deleted?
A limited Monarchy with high constitutional and civil rights and little economic regulation

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:31 pm

The Jaclean empire wrote:Did the OP legit just come here to start shit, and then get deleted?

Welcome to summer.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:16 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Huh. So what you're saying is that taking quotes out of context in a large holy text written thousands of years ago shouldn't be a way to judge or dismiss a religion in the modern age.

Hmm. Interesting.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. And, as I'm sure you read my post thoroughly, you know I believe the same about Islam. Or at least I do now.

Gauthier wrote:
It's okay to take brown people's holy books out of context. *nod*

Salus Maior wrote:
Where do I even begin...

While I am no longer a member of the "criticize Islam for being (allegedly) terrible" crowd, and thus I am not saying this to say that Christianity is "better" than Islam....
Last edited by Salus Maior on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Ereria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ereria » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:27 am

http://www.justislam.co.uk/product.php?products_id=216

This explains how the 72 virgins thing is such a bullshit thing. I was first confused when I first encountered a debate about muslims on NationStates someone talking about 72 virgins. I was like ''I was never told about that''. I talked with my imam and he said it was just nonsense.

What I know of, is that men get a perfect woman and women get a perfect man in paradise (maybe their soul mates from earth?) and live together. Both sexes are promised endless pleasure in Paradise.

Where do I even begin...

How do you think we muslims have it then? :roll:
Last edited by Ereria on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Vatan savunmasında gereğinden fazla merhamet vatana ihanettir."
- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Kılıç kınından çıkmadıkça it sürüsü dağılmaz.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:32 am

Ereria wrote:

I'm not sure why me defending my faith somehow equates to me saying Islam does not have it's troubles or is misinterpreted (particularly when, as a disclaimer, I said in the beginning of my post that I am NOT saying this as a criticism of Islam, but just as a defense of Christianity). Anyway, yes, I do realize how Muslims "have it".

Ereria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ereria » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:47 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Ereria wrote:

I'm not sure why me defending my faith somehow equates to me saying Islam does not have it's troubles or is misinterpreted (particularly when, as a disclaimer, I said in the beginning of my post that I am NOT saying this as a criticism of Islam, but just as a defense of Christianity). Anyway, yes, I do realize how Muslims "have it".

Wasn't really directed at you, was just saying I know how you feel.
"Vatan savunmasında gereğinden fazla merhamet vatana ihanettir."
- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Kılıç kınından çıkmadıkça it sürüsü dağılmaz.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General