NATION

PASSWORD

How does ISIL reconcile their actions with their faith?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:34 am

The Greater Lebanon wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:Why doesn't the occupied people in their territories rebel I mean Isis/ISIL seems to be heavily weakened and over spread.

People do, there are large numbers of accounts of unknown armed gangs roaming around shooting Daesh terrorists, its usually only told in Syrian local reports, or journalists that have been lucky to survive an investigation there i guess. Any uprising is impossible because if they find one member against them they go into his village and kill all the men and boys.

http://www.syriahr.com/en/2015/03/after ... l-mayadin/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nment.html

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/NewsReports ... rity-chief

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nitor.html

The one that gets me the most is the father who had his son executed, and then took his Ak47 and shot up those terrorists before finally being killed himself.

I truly admire that man.
Pro: United Ireland, IRA, Allan Ryan, Palestine, Malvinas, Ukraine, Hamas-Fatah cooperation, legalized Gay marriage, Tibetan Resistance, Atheism.
Anti: English Imperialism, Nazism, communism, Israel, Zionism, Margret thatcher, Martin McGuinness, good Friday agreement.
Proud to be Irish, please telegram me I enjoy getting them.
Casualties showing why supporting Israel is morally corrupt: http://www.countthekids.org/

*The People's Republic of Aryan Union of Celts
*Was Aryan Union of Celts

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:35 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:ISIL tries though misinterpretation, but no, there really is no way to somehow justify their actions .

Why doesn't the occupied people in their territories rebel I mean Isis/ISIL seems to be heavily weakened and over spread.

Omg lol
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:36 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:When they are going around immolating people, removing heads, and committing atrocities against all who oppose them, trying to directly earn their ire seems stupid in the extreme.

In even simpler terms, the populace is afraid.

I feel terrible for them but question why they don't atleast try, I mean an uprising of mass scale would be very tough on Isis.

Do you not understand what fear and the basic human instinct of self preservation is or something?
New Grestin wrote:Welcome to Nationstates Summer.

You can log out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:40 am

Rhyfelnydd wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:I feel terrible for them but question why they don't atleast try, I mean an uprising of mass scale would be very tough on Isis.

Do you not understand what fear and the basic human instinct of self preservation is or something?

I understand it but I think people should think of the greater good before themselves.
Pro: United Ireland, IRA, Allan Ryan, Palestine, Malvinas, Ukraine, Hamas-Fatah cooperation, legalized Gay marriage, Tibetan Resistance, Atheism.
Anti: English Imperialism, Nazism, communism, Israel, Zionism, Margret thatcher, Martin McGuinness, good Friday agreement.
Casualties showing why supporting Israel is morally corrupt: http://www.countthekids.org/

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:41 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:Do you not understand what fear and the basic human instinct of self preservation is or something?

I understand it but I think people should think of the greater good before themselves.

Do you still do that if you have a gun pointed to you or to your family?
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:42 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:Do you not understand what fear and the basic human instinct of self preservation is or something?

Sounds like you live in a first world country.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.

ayy lmao

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 am

Jute wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:I understand it but I think people should think of the greater good before themselves.

Do you still do that if you have a gun pointed to you or to your family?

I feel bad for my family but yes I must think of the most amount of people, it's not that threatening to me cause I don't really get scared of death.

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 am

Benian Republic wrote:

Go tell that to the terrified millions who are just trying to live. Tell them they are being silly and selfish and should go get themselves killed for, really no reason.

Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:44 am

Rhyfelnydd wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:I understand it but I think people should think of the greater good before themselves.

Go tell that to the terrified millions who are just trying to live. Tell them they are being silly and selfish and should go get themselves killed for, really no reason.

I understand you don't care about nations but you should put that aside and think of the numbers.

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:44 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Jute wrote:Do you still do that if you have a gun pointed to you or to your family?

I feel bad for my family but yes I must think of the most amount of people, it's not that threatening to me cause I don't really get scared of death.

Clearly you have never actually faced it then. As only someone who hasn't been in a situation they may get killed in would say that.

Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:44 am

Rhyfelnydd wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:I feel bad for my family but yes I must think of the most amount of people, it's not that threatening to me cause I don't really get scared of death.

Clearly you have never actually faced it then. As only someone who hasn't been in a situation they may get killed in would say that.

No I just don't get scared because we all die eventually it's all a matter of time.

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:45 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:Clearly you have never actually faced it then. As only someone who hasn't been in a situation they may get killed in would say that.

No I just don't get scared because we all die eventually it's all a matter of time.

So what are you doing to stop ISIS?
Parhe on my Asian-ness.

ayy lmao

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:46 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:Go tell that to the terrified millions who are just trying to live. Tell them they are being silly and selfish and should go get themselves killed for, really no reason.

I understand you don't care about nations but you should put that aside and think of the numbers.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Not rising in futile revolt is what keeps them alive. You on the other hand think they should just go die because they are being selfish by just wanting to try and survive. If anything you are the one that should think of numbers, numbers of people that would be killed in this revolt of yours, and in retribution killings. Then again, you support killing innocent civilians based solely on the fact they live somewhere so, who knows.
Last edited by Rhyfelnydd on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:47 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:Clearly you have never actually faced it then. As only someone who hasn't been in a situation they may get killed in would say that.

And you have never been in a deadly situation. That much is made very clear.

Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:48 am

Rhyfelnydd wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:I understand you don't care about nations but you should put that aside and think of the numbers.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Not rising in futile revolt is what keeps them alive. You on the other hand think they should just go die because they are being selfish by just wanting to try and survive. If anything you are the one that should think of numbers, numbers of people that would be killed in this revolt of yours, and in retribution killings. Then again, you support killing innocent civilians based solely on the fact they live somewhere so, who knows.

So it's pointless to fight for what's right just because you know you'll fail?

Benian Republic
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Benian Republic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:48 am

Rhyfelnydd wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:No I just don't get scared because we all die eventually it's all a matter of time.

And you have never been in a deadly situation. That much is made very clear.

That's interesting my point still stands.

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:52 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:What the hell does that have to do with anything? Not rising in futile revolt is what keeps them alive. You on the other hand think they should just go die because they are being selfish by just wanting to try and survive. If anything you are the one that should think of numbers, numbers of people that would be killed in this revolt of yours, and in retribution killings. Then again, you support killing innocent civilians based solely on the fact they live somewhere so, who knows.

No, it is utterly arrogant to tell people actually living in a deadly situation they are doing the wrong thing by just trying to live.
Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:And you have never been in a deadly situation. That much is made very clear.

That's interesting my point still stands.

It really doesn't. One, you are speaking about something you have no personal experience of like you have actually experienced it. Pretty arrogant and insulting, really.

Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:26 am

Benian Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:What the hell does that have to do with anything? Not rising in futile revolt is what keeps them alive. You on the other hand think they should just go die because they are being selfish by just wanting to try and survive. If anything you are the one that should think of numbers, numbers of people that would be killed in this revolt of yours, and in retribution killings. Then again, you support killing innocent civilians based solely on the fact they live somewhere so, who knows.

... Yeah!?! What do you expected us to say? Yeah it's pointless to fight without hope of winning! I would even say that it's stupid to throw your life away like that!
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:30 am

Aelex wrote:
Benian Republic wrote:So it's pointless to fight for what's right just because you know you'll fail?

... Yeah!?! What do you expected us to say? Yeah it's pointless to fight without hope of winning! I would even say that it's stupid to throw your life away like that!

Struggling to accomplish something, even if the odds are stacked against you, is not always pointless. If that was the case then major civil rights milestones would never have come about, or at the least would have occurred much later. Even in war, fighting against all odds, despite a near certainty of failure and death, can set the stage for greater change that would not happen otherwise.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:35 am

Camicon wrote:Struggling to accomplish something, even if the odds are stacked against you, is not always pointless. If that was the case then major civil rights milestones would never have come about, or at the least would have occurred much later. Even in war, fighting against all odds, despite a near certainty of failure and death, can set the stage for greater change that would not happen otherwise.

Yeah but no. Fighting against all odds is a thing, suiciding yourself is another.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:50 am

Aelex wrote:
Camicon wrote:Struggling to accomplish something, even if the odds are stacked against you, is not always pointless. If that was the case then major civil rights milestones would never have come about, or at the least would have occurred much later. Even in war, fighting against all odds, despite a near certainty of failure and death, can set the stage for greater change that would not happen otherwise.

Yeah but no. Fighting against all odds is a thing, suiciding yourself is another.

Suicide is a very specific act, which "fighting against all odds" is not. The first is done with the intention of killing oneself, the second with the intention of accomplishing a goal no matter what opposition or consequences may be faced.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:18 am

Camicon wrote:Suicide is a very specific act, which "fighting against all odds" is not. The first is done with the intention of killing oneself, the second with the intention of accomplishing a goal no matter what opposition or consequences may be faced.

Ok, let's give you simple exemples of two revolts, one being a suicide the other a real fight against all odds.
La Commune (de Paris) was a suicide. Now, that it was a very good ideologically talking suicide, I'm not denying it. But it was a suicide nonetheless.
La Révolution (of 1789) was a fight against all odds. See the difference between the two?

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:59 am

Aelex wrote:
Camicon wrote:Suicide is a very specific act, which "fighting against all odds" is not. The first is done with the intention of killing oneself, the second with the intention of accomplishing a goal no matter what opposition or consequences may be faced.

Ok, let's give you simple exemples of two revolts, one being a suicide the other a real fight against all odds.
La Commune (de Paris) was a suicide. Now, that it was a very good ideologically talking suicide, I'm not denying it. But it was a suicide nonetheless.
La Révolution (of 1789) was a fight against all odds. See the difference between the two?

Suicide is a very particular act: the purposeful taking of ones own life. Fighting in either of those revolts is not suicide, unless a person was using them as a method of suicide, like goading police officers into shooting you. This is a very simple matter of definitions, which you seem not to understand.
Last edited by Camicon on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General