NATION

PASSWORD

Did white people steal all their culture from black Egyptian

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are those who disagree racist or ignorant

Racist
61%
Ignorant
39%

Total votes : 23

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:41 am

British Empire Strikes Back wrote:The ancient Egyptians were White. The Nubians were Black Africans, and the Egyptians (argurably) had the better and more advanced civilisation. Can you think of one thing that was invented by a Black person? One thing that we use today? I am not saying Black people are bad, but to say that European culture comes from Africans is preposterous. In my opinion, European culture is far more interested and "cultured" than African culture.

Herodotus referred to Egyptians, Nubians and Ethiopians as Aethiopian, "dark skinned" so as far as the Greeks were concerned Egyotians were as "black" as Nubians.

Its important to note though that the Greeks did not divide the world on racial lines, only by continent.
Last edited by Cetacea on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:41 am

The existence of unicorns probably has more source material supporting their existence than this.

Kalmarium
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmarium » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:41 am

Grand Britannia wrote:OP did you come from the darkest reaches of Tumblr or just on summer break?

Lel
My political and
religious views:
Leftist, somewhat libertarian. Muslim, but I believe in secular systems
religions and enforced atheism should be irrelevant in law.
Voting Bernie because he holds the majority of my interests.
My Deviantart
Alt. hisotry fans
check it out!

Kalmarium does not go by NS stats. Please refer to my nation's factbook, thanks!
Pro: Old schhol RTS/Anti: MLG gaming

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:42 am

New Decius wrote:
Merizoc wrote:….what.

Think about it. Did Thomas Edison invent Electricity? No it already existed as energy, he just constructed a way to harness it to be useful to humanity. And even going up to Jet Fuel, it already in essence existed as a chemical, we just didn't know how to synthesize the formula for a while.

I never claimed Thomas Edison invented electricity?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:42 am

Cetacea wrote:
British Empire Strikes Back wrote:The ancient Egyptians were White. The Nubians were Black Africans, and the Egyptians (argurably) had the better and more advanced civilisation. Can you think of one thing that was invented by a Black person? One thing that we use today? I am not saying Black people are bad, but to say that European culture comes from Africans is preposterous. In my opinion, European culture is far more interested and "cultured" than African culture.

Herodotus referred to Egyptians, Nubians and Ethiopians as Aethiopian, "dark skinned" so as far as the Greeks were concerned Egyotians were as "black" as Nubians.

Its important to note though that the Greeks did not divide the world on racial lines, only by continent.

Not only that, but they regarded pretty much ANYONE who wasn't Greek a "barbarian" and inferior and inherently meant to be slaves.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am

United States Kingdom wrote:

I want to see the evidence stating the Egyptians were white. Source?

I'd prefer not to see BESB's arsehole please.

Gransk
Civilian

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gransk » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am

Ever since i can remember, i have never wanted to smoke, i think its disgusting and deadly, in fact 3 out of 4 of my grandparents smoked, and only one lived to meet their grandkids. But the main reason i dont smoke is because of the risk of cancer. But it turns out not smoking all these years was a waste of time, because this post gave me cancer anyway.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am

Esternial wrote:The existence of unicorns probably has more source material supporting their existence than this.

Yes, it has North Korea. And at least we know North Korea exists. *nods*
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Byrrazan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Byrrazan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am

This whole post is stupid. What's even worse is the fucking poll.
*Official Byrrazian flag established on November 4th, 2015*

Avery/17/Transgender Woman/Poly-Pansexual/Atheist-Agnostic

Generation 31 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I am NOT a "Shemale", I am NOT a "Tranny", I am NOT a "Sissy", I am NOT a "Faggot", I am NOT a "Sinner", and I am NOT confused. I am a transgender woman with valid human feelings and emotions like you!

Kalmarium
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmarium » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:44 am

Troll OP is fail OP
My political and
religious views:
Leftist, somewhat libertarian. Muslim, but I believe in secular systems
religions and enforced atheism should be irrelevant in law.
Voting Bernie because he holds the majority of my interests.
My Deviantart
Alt. hisotry fans
check it out!

Kalmarium does not go by NS stats. Please refer to my nation's factbook, thanks!
Pro: Old schhol RTS/Anti: MLG gaming

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:01 pm

If someone would like to make a thread for discussing the origins of various cultures and cultural diffusion, please do so but without the racism and trollishness evident in the OP here.

As was pointed out early on, troll-naming, the act of posting purely for the purpose of calling someone else a troll, is an actionable offense in these parts. Some Mods are more lenient than others regarding but do not mistake lack of action for non-enforcement of the rule.

And for whoever claimed to have stolen things from Kiengir, the Land of the Civilized Lords, don't worry, I know who you are. *smiles chillingly*
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General