NATION

PASSWORD

Regrowth: A Tale of the End [OOC|Signups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Regrowth: A Tale of the End [OOC|Signups]

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:16 am

Regrowth
A Tale of the End
In-Character Thread

Once upon a time, man lived in prosperity. He built high towers, forged mighty empires, and lived life to its fullest, draining the cup of civilization. No longer a beast of stone and fire, cowering in the wilderness as animals ravened about his abode, he tamed the wild and made its creatures his subjects. He bent rivers to his will, watering fields of golden wheat for his gluttony, and to the skies his temples reached.

But this is not that time. Man built too high, and discovered the power of the gods. Phos and Skotos were the two eldest deities, and revealed themselves to man, expecting worship and adoration for the gifts they had given him as he ascended from the mud. But man was proud, and had not seen their miracles, thinking himself the master of his domain. The gods grew angry, and sent afflictions upon mankind to teach him humility. Volcanoes ravaged the landscape of cities and farms, and the earth quaked beneath the feet of man, woman and child. But man's heart was hard; he shook his fist at the sky, and called curses against the powers of the circles of the world. As the world burned around him the wisest and most fell of man's scions dabbled in dark magics, and even as the lands of man sank beneath the waves they crafted a dread spell beyond even the ken of the gods.

And so the world ended, in fire. The gods fell as insidious incantations rent their forms from their strength, and man laughed to see his deities slain even as the last vestiges of civilization died under the apocalypse of magic. To the winds was scattered the earth, rock and stone, water and air, for the will of the divine had formed it, and as they were unmade so too were their creations.

That is not the end of the story though; man survived, lost as a sojourner amidst the planes of the cosmos, and into his breast a portion of the power of the divine was taken. His mind expanded, and the spark of creation was given to him, even the ability to reforge the world as it once was. Alone man walked, but not forever, and mayhaps in time he shall rise again to replace the gods he has cast down.

This is the story of Regrowth, and you are the actors. No gods are there, only man and his newfound strength, the Power; the ability to create, to mold the world to his will. But the world is gone, sundered into a land of lost islands and fragmented history. No knowledge of your past do you have, only the present, for the magical maelstrom that ended existence as you knew it wiped away all vestiges of your past. But in your breast the Power burns, and now you can make your own way amidst the stars. Under your feet is the blasted soil of the dead world, ash of consuming fire and parched sand, a pitiless sky beating down. All is not lost though; as long as the sun rises and sets, there is hope.

Welcome! Regrowth is a fantasy tale of man and his decisions, which you shall recount with your fellow RPers. Each RPer will be a character, one of the survivors of the Earth who somehow survived the end of all things, cast adrift on a floating shard of what once was. You have the power to rebuild all things, but there are others beside you, others who would remake the world according to their desires and not yours. Will you seek advancement through magic, rising to the heights of arcane lore that once ended the world? Will you craft civilization from the embers of the old, raising high towers and citadels with your knowledge of the sciences? Will you seek community, or slay your fellow man, determined to be the sole progenitor of the new age? The path is open, and lacks only the walker.

Application:
Name:
Physical Description:
Personality:

Guidelines

The Power is the main thing I'll talk about here, and let's get something clear straight away- your characters are not gods. They are very much human. The Power is a vestige of the old gods, a portion of their power, but it is currently the tiniest of fragments of what it used to be; it is limited by your weak corporeal forms, which require sustenance and sleep and all that good stuff. Conjuring objects straight into existence will exhaust you. Conjuring complicated or large objects into existence may injure or kill you, as your life force is consumed by the Power. The Power has rules, which you will learn over time, but until you know them it would be wise to be careful with your experimentation, or end up a desiccated husk as a cautionary tale to your fellows. It is far easier to make a leaf of bread from wheat than it is to make one from stone, and far easier to snuff out a candle with your fingers than to put it out with the Power. As a general rule of thumb, every few hours a character should have the power to transmute a lump of mud as long as their arm into something like sedimentary stone. Anything larger than that or more complex is perilous.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:16 am

Characters

Jarn | EI/M | S
Paramesura | F/C
Andvett | A/S
Omfridus | Fw/C
Neoseia | W/P
Ber | Fw/C
Hayseet | W/P
Gerij | W/P
Felix | Af/S
Jaylwin | WI/P
Rhian | A/S
Zas | Aw/S
Rache and Adina | Ew/M
Xiaojian | W/P
Radu | A/S
Ada | E/M
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:19 am

Browsing PT2M cuz a lot of the RPs I'm in are WAAAAAAY to slow
This looks neat. Tag
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:22 am

And now my app.

Application:
Name: Jarn
Physical Description: Tall as a forest tree and as broad as a bull, Jarn's name means 'Iron', and his physical form resembles this word. A great burly fellow, standing a head over most and broader through the chest than a bear, his muscles are not stacked but rather firm, a fit counterpoint to his lazy smile and somewhat disheveled hair. Sandy-haired and ice-eyed, his skin is tanned the color of fresh leather, and the rags that cling still to his body are of a thick greatcoat which he appreciates during the cold desert nights.
Personality: A stolid calm man, Jarn is slow to anger and quick to smile, though laughter is generally not his province. Grounded and thought of by many as preeminently reasonable, he still indulges in the occasional flight of fancy and wonder, especially now that the gods have been banished, the cruel oppressors of man. He remembers nothing of his old life, like all the other people he has met, but fervently enjoys the careful process of creation, everything in its balance and place.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 am

Wait, so pretty much it's a very slow start, and things might pick up as we go? Because, your description of the world makes me feel that its all desert, which would lead to a very tedious start.

And is it a typical desert environment?
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:36 am

Very interesting.

Has man taken a uniform path in physical evolution?
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:38 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:Wait, so pretty much it's a very slow start, and things might pick up as we go? Because, your description of the world makes me feel that its all desert, which would lead to a very tedious start.

And is it a typical desert environment?

The area immediately around where everyone begins is a blasted wasteland, yes.

As far as a typical desert, no. There is no life to speak of, just sand and ash.

Nude East Ireland wrote:Very interesting.

Has man taken a uniform path in physical evolution?

At this point, more or less. We're all Homo sapiens sapiens to begin, though the exact nature of that will very much so change in time. The world isn't exactly normal anymore, what with bits of god floating around.

Skrovishte
Spokesperson

Founded: May 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skrovishte » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:46 am

Tag
❤ Komunistica iz Hrvatske ❤ Nekada poznata kao Shigiel
Mediterranean, South Slavic/Romance mixture-speaking, PMT proletarian dictatorship which was recently created in a revolution, has a centrally planned economy and is structured around soviets (workers' councils) and attempting to build communism.
This nation represents my freedom-hating red bastardness views

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:48 am

I was also implying weather patterns. Ya know, if there's water, I can make seeds and grow plants.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:49 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:I was also implying weather patterns. Ya know, if there's water, I can make seeds and grow plants.

Weather is pretty buggered. There are small pools of water about, however.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:51 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:I was also implying weather patterns. Ya know, if there's water, I can make seeds and grow plants.

Weather is pretty buggered. There are small pools of water about, however.

Good ta know. Thinking up my character now

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:58 am

Skrovishte wrote:Tag

Welcome! Happy to see a new face. I'm G-Tech :)

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:10 am

Definite tag.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:11 am

Much hmmming.

App will appear after tea.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:17 am

Application:
Name:
Paramesura Nekhana
Physical Description: Average build, average height; a head of brown hair, two eyes of blue, and a light skin. Wrapped around him are clothes of a once-fine fabric and nature, now slightly withered by the elements. His trousers are held up by straps that reach over his shoulders, over his white shirt and under his black waistcoat. His leather shoes, which once sparkled like stars, now are dusty and worn. An elbow-length black cape dangles from his shoulders. When the fabric is stripped, the scars of former lives paint a story of turmoil all across his body, from his feet to his upper chest.
Personality: As though it were a distant dream, Nekhana cannot recall his past; and while the inferno has died, the embers still burn. Pain freely winds through his body like a snake, torturing his mind just as it does his body. Whatever he was, he is a calm and mild-mannered man, able to talk openly using symbolism that he may not entirely understand. He is courteous and kind, allowing others to speak first. And yet, there is a voice incomprehensible in his mind, nagging and torturing him with cryptic and unknown thoughts. Like an animal, he claws at the rusted locks of his inner mind to decipher the shadows that lurk deep in lost catacombs. Was it always like this?

Let me know if it needs changes, of course.
Last edited by Nude East Ireland on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:21 am

Nude East Ireland wrote:Application:
Name:
Paramesura Nekhana
Physical Description: Average build, average height; a head of brown hair, two eyes of blue, and a light skin. Wrapped around him are clothes of a once-fine fabric and nature, now slightly withered by the elements. His trousers are held up by straps that reach over his shoulders, over his white shirt and under his black waistcoat. His leather shoes, which once sparkled like stars, now are dusty and worn. An elbow-length black cape dangles from his shoulders. When the fabric is stripped, the scars of former lives paint a story of turmoil all across his body, from his feet to his upper chest.
Personality: As though it were a distant dream, Nekhana cannot recall his past; and while the inferno has died, the embers still burn. Pain freely winds through his body like a snake, torturing his mind just as it does his body. Whatever he was, he is a calm and mild-mannered man, able to talk openly using symbolism that he may not entirely understand. He is courteous and kind, allowing others to speak first. And yet, there is a voice incomprehensible in his mind, nagging and torturing him with cryptic and unknown thoughts. Like an animal, he claws at the rusted locks of his inner mind to decipher the shadows that lurk deep in lost catacombs. Was it always like this?

Naw, looks good to me. I like him, and the creative naming scheme.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:26 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:Application:
Name:
Paramesura Nekhana

Naw, looks good to me. I like him, and the creative naming scheme.

Cool.

VolksImperium (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby VolksImperium (Ancient) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:13 am

Application:
Name: Andvett Bann
Physical Description: Medium Muscular Build, Caucasion, Medium Length Blonde Hair, Blue-Greenish Eyes, There are large scars that cover his back, most looking like burns, his hands are also scarred but not all of them are burns, He was more than likely a working man before the events, however he does not remember. He wears a white short sleeve shirt, with a black jacket, black pants, and black boots, all of which are heavily worn.
Personality: Andvett is distant, and Normally Calm but he has a short temper. He is willing to work with others however he is not someone who typically enjoys social gatherings. He has many ideas about the future, although he doesnt talk about it much. He often debates the purpose of life, and the universe itself in his head. He enjoys the idea that the worlds recreation is completely up to them.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:15 am

VolksImperium wrote:Application:
Name: Andvett Bann
Physical Description: Medium Muscular Build, Caucasion, Medium Length Blonde Hair, Blue-Greenish Eyes, There are large scars that cover his back, most looking like burns, his hands are also scarred but not all of them are burns, He was more than likely a working man before the events, however he does not remember. He wears a white short sleeve shirt, with a black jacket, black pants, and black boots, all of which are heavily worn.
Personality: Andvett is distant, and Normally Calm but he has a short temper. He is willing to work with others however he is not someone who typically enjoys social gatherings. He has many ideas about the future, although he doesnt talk about it much. He often debates the purpose of life, and the universe itself in his head. He enjoys the idea that the worlds recreation is completely up to them.

Seems reasonable enough of a character. Welcome.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:17 am

Application:
Name: Omfridus Levallenon
Physical Description: Of above average height, but of low average build. He stands tall and thin, his head adorned by long waving white hair and his face and body has become withered with age. His eyes are a feline green, his lips chaffed and ancient. His clothing is a long dark robe of red, ripped and torn at the bottom due to constant dragging across the floor. He wears sandals upon his feet and a great grey wizard-esque hat. :P
Personality: His age has withered his ability to interact with people, but he maintains a charming and friendly personality with beings of all living. His mind is now completely focused on the ways of the age gone by, and seeks to rebuild the world of his forefathers (Something of his own mental interpretation, not the true world.) in a glory of imagination and fire. However, most unfortunately, he considers himself the last bastion of human kind - and the consequences of his constructions being broken would invoke a fury of bottled anger and hatred.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:22 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:Application:
Name: Omfridus Levallenon
Physical Description: Of above average height, but of low average build. He stands tall and thin, his head adorned by long waving white hair and his face and body has become withered with age. His eyes are a feline green, his lips chaffed and ancient. His clothing is a long dark robe of red, ripped and torn at the bottom due to constant dragging across the floor. He wears sandals upon his feet and a great grey wizard-esque hat. :P
Personality: His age has withered his ability to interact with people, but he maintains a charming and friendly personality with beings of all living. His mind is now completely focused on the ways of the age gone by, and seeks to rebuild the world of his forefathers (Something of his own mental interpretation, not the true world.) in a glory of imagination and fire. However, most unfortunately, he considers himself the last bastion of human kind - and the consequences of his constructions being broken would invoke a fury of bottled anger and hatred.

Happy to see you, as always Liec. Most certainly accepted.

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:31 am

Phos and Skotos? Sounds familiar. I know they mean Light and Darkness, and I also know that such names occur in the Videssos cycle, as the two opposing beings of the Zoroastrian/Orthodox Christian-esque fantasy combo in the series. :p
Last edited by Videssos on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:33 am

Videssos wrote:Phos and Skotos? Sounds familiar. I know they mean Light and Darkness, and I also know that such names occur in the Videssos cycle, as the two opposing beings of the Zoroastrian/Orthodox Christian-esque fantasy combo in the series. :p

I like the names, what can I say? And you would know, if anyone.

Also, with four characters, I'll probably open up the IC around six.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Dibs on making an app.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Jorgamunn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jorgamunn » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Tag. Loving the simplicity of this.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse