NATION

PASSWORD

[HS] Mass Effect: Factions 4.0|OOC| CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

You know the drill.

Spacer
47%
Colonist
20%
Earth-Born
33%

Total votes : 15

Celivaia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Celivaia » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:29 am

North America Inc wrote:
Celivaia wrote:
Do you mean in terms of what the maximum number of structures for each planet type is, or just a strategy for placing infrastructure on planets? There's already a section written in the game's first post that I can copy/paste into the tutorial as well for the former, and for the latter, I can write something for it about prioritizing where to build based on where you'll get the most benefit from.

Even i have a few questions.

How do you know what planets, moons, asteroids are under my control so i know where to place my infrastructure.

You claim them. If you're the first person to plant infrastructure there or call dibs, the planet is yours as long as it isn't conquered by someone else. If you want to play Cerberus canonically as being limited to the shadows, then sure, you can just run with a self-imposed restriction of having a lab here or there, and mostly using stations for your income. One of our Cerberus guys, since Cerberus receives funding from companies and influential people, had "claimed" and built infrastructure on a planet, while in reality, he wrote it off as the planet being a client/supporter of Cerberus.

In this RP, for example, I only claimed planets I would build up fully, meaning I only had ~4, with plans to take several more, while Arch claimed a large number, with most remaining unoccupied, or having very light occupation of only a structure or two.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:31 am

Are you guys redoing Factions?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Celivaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Celivaia » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:35 am

Ralnis wrote:Are you guys redoing Factions?

Yep, I'm heading it up. We're fast-forwarding it to start moments before the Reapers initially hit Earth, and increasing starting credit count to compensate for the time difference. Nothing that happened in this IC/RP will carry over to the new one.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:38 am

Celivaia wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Even i have a few questions.

How do you know what planets, moons, asteroids are under my control so i know where to place my infrastructure.

You claim them. If you're the first person to plant infrastructure there or call dibs, the planet is yours as long as it isn't conquered by someone else. If you want to play Cerberus canonically as being limited to the shadows, then sure, you can just run with a self-imposed restriction of having a lab here or there, and mostly using stations for your income. One of our Cerberus guys, since Cerberus receives funding from companies and influential people, had "claimed" and built infrastructure on a planet, while in reality, he wrote it off as the planet being a client/supporter of Cerberus.

In this RP, for example, I only claimed planets I would build up fully, meaning I only had ~4, with plans to take several more, while Arch claimed a large number, with most remaining unoccupied, or having very light occupation of only a structure or two.

Okay thank you. It's much more clear now.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:39 am

Yes, Yes we are.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:44 am

Celivaia wrote:

Yep, I'm heading it up. We're fast-forwarding it to start moments before the Reapers initially hit Earth, and increasing starting credit count to compensate for the time difference. Nothing that happened in this IC/RP will carry over to the new one.

Alright, I may be Omega, Vorcha, or some random no body.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:53 am

Ralnis wrote:
Celivaia wrote:

Alright, I may be Omega, Vorcha, or some random no body.

You should be Omega. *Mr.Burns rubs hands* "Excellent"

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:56 am

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Alright, I may be Omega, Vorcha, or some random no body.

You should be Omega. *Mr.Burns rubs hands* "Excellent"

Oh, I'll be repelling the Cerberus attack. You sold your sold to the Reapers, I will personally burn you. I won't be having Aria though, thinking of having something else. However, it depends what I'm allowed to do.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:58 am

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:You should be Omega. *Mr.Burns rubs hands* "Excellent"

Oh, I'll be repelling the Cerberus attack. You sold your sold to the Reapers, I will personally burn you. I won't be having Aria though, thinking of having something else. However, it depends what I'm allowed to do.

I like Aria :(
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Celivaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Celivaia » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:02 am

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:You should be Omega. *Mr.Burns rubs hands* "Excellent"

I'd prefer Aria, or someone similar. I'd like to keep it a bit more realistic/canon than House =P
Krogan Warlord, Rogue Turian, even a particularly crafty Salarian.

Go ahead and feel free to write it up, and when it comes time for apps, I'll see what you have.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:10 am

Celivaia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Oh, I'll be repelling the Cerberus attack. You sold your sold to the Reapers, I will personally burn you. I won't be having Aria though, thinking of having something else. However, it depends what I'm allowed to do.

I'd prefer Aria, or someone similar. I'd like to keep it a bit more realistic/canon than House =P

Go ahead and feel free to write it up, and when it comes time for apps, I'll see what you have.

Why did you think that I threw that out? That idea didn't make sense or fun in my eyes.
I was going a mixture of three or a group that were formed because they were just wanted more in life and wanted to control the station.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:16 am

Ralnis wrote:
Celivaia wrote:

Why did you think that I threw that out? That idea didn't make sense or fun in my eyes.
I was going a mixture of three or a group that were formed because they were just wanted more in life and wanted to control the station.

You won't stop me from creating the Aryan Master Race Reaper-upgraded Übermensch. Omega is merely a stepping stone, simply a Sodom full of decadence and squander. I'm going to change that, when, not if, I have Omega the asteroid will lead us to transcendence!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:22 am

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Why did you think that I threw that out? That idea didn't make sense or fun in my eyes.

You won't stop me from creating the Aryan Master Race Reaper-upgraded Übermensch. Omega is merely a stepping stone, simply a Sodom full of decadence and squander. I'm going to change that, when, not if, I have Omega the asteroid will lead us to transcendence!

Think like that all you want. You won't survive the Omega Terminator! However, I may just be a no body or rouge Human colony at best.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:24 am

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:You won't stop me from creating the Aryan Master Race Reaper-upgraded Übermensch. Omega is merely a stepping stone, simply a Sodom full of decadence and squander. I'm going to change that, when, not if, I have Omega the asteroid will lead us to transcendence!

Think like that all you want. You won't survive the Omega Terminator! However, I may just be a no body or rouge Human colony at best.

Oh, carry on then.

A question to Cel, if I mess with a factions that's an NPC, how do i determine losses?

Celivaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Celivaia » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 am

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Think like that all you want. You won't survive the Omega Terminator! However, I may just be a no body or rouge Human colony at best.

Oh, carry on then.

A question to Cel, if I mess with a factions that's an NPC, how do i determine losses?

TG me. I'll work with you to figure it out.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:29 am

Ralnis what type of faction do you want to play?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:30 am

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Think like that all you want. You won't survive the Omega Terminator! However, I may just be a no body or rouge Human colony at best.

Oh, carry on then.

I meant to say" I maybe Omega, if not, I will be a no body or rouge Human Colony at best".

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 am

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Oh, carry on then.

I meant to say" I maybe Omega, if not, I will be a no body or rouge Human Colony at best".

I think Cel wants the majors to be filled first before minor factions are filled.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:40 am

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I meant to say" I maybe Omega, if not, I will be a no body or rouge Human Colony at best".

I think Cel wants the majors to be filled first before minor factions are filled.

Fine by me, just have to make sure that the concept works and I can fight off indoctrinated terrorists.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:45 am

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:I think Cel wants the majors to be filled first before minor factions are filled.

Fine by me, just have to make sure that the concept works and I can fight off indoctrinated terrorists.

I'm helping mankind, I'm evolving mankind into something more. What are you doing? Nothing but impede progress.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:49 am

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Fine by me, just have to make sure that the concept works and I can fight off indoctrinated terrorists.

I'm helping mankind, I'm evolving mankind into something more. What are you doing? Nothing but impede progress.

Your evolution have sacrifice yourselves to the embrace of the enemy. You will not take my Sodom.

Celivaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Celivaia » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:55 am

Alright, since all objections raised to the starting values have been answered, let's get this shindig started.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=353865
Go there, app, and rejoice.

E: I won't look at this thread anymore now that all the others are up. If you need to reach me, TG, or contact me in the OOC thread.
Last edited by Celivaia on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:57 am

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:I'm helping mankind, I'm evolving mankind into something more. What are you doing? Nothing but impede progress.

Your evolution have sacrifice yourselves to the embrace of the enemy. You will not take my Sodom.

Sodom is filled with drunkard, perverts, and whores who enjoy the ecstasy for life and contribute nothing. These degenerates are no means innocent, they pollute humanity with their vices. Cerberus has committed the greatest of virtues-sacrifice, we work diligently, for no pay, no compensation. We risk everything and indoctrination and yet we persist. Why? Because in the end, Singularity will lead our species beyond our normal shackles and to something greater.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:08 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Your evolution have sacrifice yourselves to the embrace of the enemy. You will not take my Sodom.

Sodom is filled with drunkard, perverts, and whores who enjoy the ecstasy for life and contribute nothing. These degenerates are no means innocent, they pollute humanity with their vices. Cerberus has committed the greatest of virtues-sacrifice, we work diligently, for no pay, no compensation. We risk everything and indoctrination and yet we persist. Why? Because in the end, Singularity will lead our species beyond our normal shackles and to something greater.

And so you think genocide will save us? Our freedom will be secure when we take you down. We will hunt you to the ends of the galaxy before the Reapers try to swarm us.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Sodom is filled with drunkard, perverts, and whores who enjoy the ecstasy for life and contribute nothing. These degenerates are no means innocent, they pollute humanity with their vices. Cerberus has committed the greatest of virtues-sacrifice, we work diligently, for no pay, no compensation. We risk everything and indoctrination and yet we persist. Why? Because in the end, Singularity will lead our species beyond our normal shackles and to something greater.

And so you think genocide will save us? Our freedom will be secure when we take you down. We will hunt you to the ends of the galaxy before the Reapers try to swarm us.

Moving this to the new thread.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse