NATION

PASSWORD

The Scramble for Earth (Interest, OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Scramble for Earth (Interest, OOC)

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 5:04 am

The Scramble for Earth
A Roleplay, OOC

News:

Notices:

THE IC IS UP! Did you know that the IC is up? Oh, by the way, the IC is up. Don't forget that the IC is up!

We are open to applications! Submit now!

So I've gotten this RP idea, which I got reviewed at the Traveller's Cafe, actually made! Yay! Let's hope it doesn't die like my last two role-plays did...

Role-play Background Information

Congratulations, President, for winning the great election of 2024 in a landslide. Welcome to the White House. From here, you will lead the American nation.

The People of the United States are hungrier than ever for wealth. Food, water, power, steel... a million things that our predecessors took for granted but we, thanks to the Oil Crisis of 2021, cannot. Here in the United States lies the great factories that is the lifeblood of the American nation.

And there in the African plains lie the metal and oil to power them. The metal and oil that we need.

This would be a really simple venture of conquer-and-take, except that we're not the only country after it. As long as those fools in other countries keep using stuff, we cannot.

Every barrel of oil running a Chinese car is one American who have to walk. Every bar of steel for the Russian railways is one bar of steel less for the revitalization of Detroit. Every gram of lithium for the European power grid means one less for our batteries.

It is about time we take what is rightfully ours. By killing everyone else who wants it, if need be!

I see a lot of post-apocalyptic role-plays, so I wanted to make something unique.

A pre-apocalyptic role-play. A nation-based (or faction-based) role-play of 21th Century imperialism (twenty cents for your arm, leg and first born child, deal?), genocidal warfare (raze their cities, plutonium-poison their farmland, punish them for their aggression!), desperate resource shortages (no, we ran out of oil twenty years ago) and the collapse of collective security (tell ya what, you ignore my atrocities and I'll ignore yours).

This is mostly a nation/faction based role-play, but players are allowed and encouraged to also role-play as particular characters from within their faction.

Bookkeeping:

Application

Notes:
Doctrine (Military Affairs) (choose one of four)
Blitzkrieg - chess games are so much easier when you make two moves a turn, the correct way to win wars is to overrun the enemy with haste.
Force projection - rifles can't hit bombers, the correct way to win wars is to bomb the enemy from the sea and air.
Human wave - quantity over quality, the correct way to win wars is to simply outnumber the enemy and overwhelm them.
Superior firepower - big explosions, the correct way to win wars is to have the biggest guns, as no armor can resist nuclear artillery.

UN or official government projections for 2024 is the best way to fill in these blanks. If those numbers are unavailable, just make your best guess.

If players feel like roleplaying as individual states within the European Union, they can do so with permission of the player roleplaying as the European Union.

Code: Select all
[b]APPLICATION[/b]

~Basic Information~
Country name, short (do not choose individual states in the E.U.):
Country name, formal:
Ideology and political system:
Current head of state and title:
Current head of government and title:

~Economy and Demographics~
Population, total (2024):
Birth rate:
Nominal GDP (2024):
Unemployment rate:
Energy self-sufficiency (as percentage):
Key electricity sources (mention share of each):
Key natural resources:

~Military Affairs~
Active personnel:
Reserve personnel:
Military aircraft (count):
Navy vessels (differentiate surface and subsurface vessels):
Military funding (USD per year):
Doctrine (see notes, above):

~Strategic Warfare Resources~
Nuclear technology (yes or no):
Nuclear bombs (number):
Nuclear power plants (total power output):
Bio-weapon capabilities (yes or no):
Delivery systems (how to get bomb from point A to point B):

~History~
(Write down everything of relevance that happened from 2015 to 2024. No, ABSOLUTELY NO TERRITORIAL CHANGES unless your country is in North Africa or the Middle East. The 2021 Oil Crisis must be mentioned somewhere in this section. Consider this your RP sample.)

Accepted Players
United States - Eulen
Russia - Slovak States
P. R. China - open!
European Union - Alleniana
India - open!
South Africa - Vykantis
North Korea - Schweinehund
Ukraine - Ibericas
United Kingdom - Agrincourt
Thailand - Gyrenaica
Australia - Zadiner
Indonesia - Indo-pasif archipelago
Japan - Sabara
Iran - SECP
Switzerland - Ril Island
Nigeria - Republic of the Cristo
Brazil - Sebtopiaris
Argentina - Kanaria
Malaysia - Malay Raya
Israel - The Olog-Hai
(plus whatever nation YOU feel like applying as)

Notable Peoples:
His Holiness the God (OP): Plzen
His Holiness the God's Spokesperson (co-OP): Alleniana, The Grand Republic of Hannover

IC-thread be here.
Last edited by Plzen on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 40 times in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 5:21 am

This space reserved for nefarious purposes.

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Tue May 26, 2015 5:48 am

Definitely tag
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue May 26, 2015 5:49 am

Hell yeah.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue May 26, 2015 5:53 am

Note to self that I probably won't have time for weeks, but oh well, this is cool. :P How far is it from completion?

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 6:25 am

Alleniana wrote:Note to self that I probably won't have time for weeks, but oh well, this is cool. :P How far is it from completion?

I am writing the application now. Unless anyone has world building or game mechanics ideas to contribute, I don't see why not to start it as soon as I get applications for all the major powers.

What do you think about this draft?

Yes, I said "absolutely no territorial changes," but if the E.U. player feels like getting Norway in as well, I'll accept that.

Code: Select all
[b]APPLICATION[/b]

~Basic Information~
Country name, short (do not choose individual states in the E.U.):
Country name, formal:
Ideology and political system:
Current head of state and title:
Current head of government and title:

Population, total (2024):
Birth rate:
Nominal GDP (2024):
Unemployment rate:
Energy self-sufficiency (as percentage):
Key natural resources:

~Military Affairs~
Active personnel:
Reserve personnel:
Military aircraft (count):
Military funding (USD per year):

Nuclear technology (yes or no):
Nuclear bombs (number):
Nuclear power plants (total power output):
Bio-weapon capabilities (yes or no):
Delivery systems (how to get bomb from point A to point B):

~History~
(Write down everything of relevance that happened from 2015 to 2024. No, ABSOLUTELY NO TERRITORIAL CHANGES unless your country is in North Africa or the Middle East. The 2021 Oil Crisis must be mentioned somewhere in this section. Consider this your RP sample.)

Required countries: United States, Russian Federation, P. R. China, European Union, India.
Other available countries: Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Great Britain (they left the E.U.), Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Ukraine, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, South Korea, Japan.

If I get enough players, I'll add the option to play as really minor countries as well.
Last edited by Plzen on Tue May 26, 2015 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 7:33 am

And OP said, let there be BUMP!

Agrincourt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agrincourt » Tue May 26, 2015 7:52 am

Tag. I'm definitely interested. Might take the UK, or the European Union.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 8:07 am

Agrincourt wrote:Tag. I'm definitely interested. Might take the UK, or the European Union.

Any opinions on the application-in-progress?

:p Any suggestions are always welcome!

Agrincourt
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Agrincourt » Tue May 26, 2015 8:19 am

I would suggest including naval capabilities/numbers, air force numbers, and so on in the military affairs section. You could also include more details in the section about economy; how do you get your energy, employment rate, and so on. Also, you should include a head of government, unless the leader of that country happens to be both.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 8:26 am

Agrincourt wrote:I would suggest including naval capabilities/numbers, air force numbers, and so on in the military affairs section. You could also include more details in the section about economy; how do you get your energy, employment rate, and so on. Also, you should include a head of government, unless the leader of that country happens to be both.

Done. I'm going to open this up to applications now.

EDIT: We are open! Submit applications now!
Last edited by Plzen on Tue May 26, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slovak States
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Slovak States » Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 am

I think I'll be applying for the Russian Federation or Ukraine. Are we just making up all the numbers on the application or do you have a way that you want them calculated? I'm just a bit confused. :p

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 8:39 am

Slovak States wrote:I think I'll be applying for the Russian Federation or Ukraine. Are we just making up all the numbers on the application or do you have a way that you want them calculated? I'm just a bit confused. :p

Reasonable numbers. 2024 projections, if you can find them, are awesome. Otherwise, just put down your best guess.

Slovak States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Slovak States » Tue May 26, 2015 8:40 am

Plzen wrote:
Slovak States wrote:I think I'll be applying for the Russian Federation or Ukraine. Are we just making up all the numbers on the application or do you have a way that you want them calculated? I'm just a bit confused. :p

Reasonable numbers. 2024 projections, if you can find them, are awesome. Otherwise, just put down your best guess.

Ok, thanks! I'll put in an application later, when I get the chance.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 am

Slovak States wrote:
Plzen wrote:Reasonable numbers. 2024 projections, if you can find them, are awesome. Otherwise, just put down your best guess.

Ok, thanks! I'll put in an application later, when I get the chance.

No hurries.

Agrincourt
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Agrincourt » Tue May 26, 2015 12:49 pm

APPLICATION

~Basic Information~
Country name, short: United Kingdom
Country name, formal: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Ideology and political system: Democracy; parliamentary democratic system with a constitutional monarchy
Current head of state and title: King William V
Current head of government and title: Prime Minister Michael Donovan (Conservative government)

Population, total (2024): 67 million
Birth rate: 12.6 per 1,000
Nominal GDP (2024): $3.290 trillion / 2.137 billion GBP
Unemployment rate: 6.42%
Energy self-sufficiency (as percentage): 53%
  • Non-renewable - natural gas (34%)
  • Non-renewable - coal (20%)
  • Renewable - nuclear (25%)
  • Renewable - wind (10%)
  • Other, inc. renewable and non-renewable (11%)
Key natural resources:
  • Coal
  • Petroleum
  • Natural Gas
  • Metals, including tin and iron ore

~Military Affairs~
Active personnel:
  • Army: 100,000
  • Navy: 30,000
  • RAF: 34,000
Reserve personnel:
  • Army: 40,000
  • Navy: 12,000
  • RAF: 9,000
Military aircraft (count): At least five hundred, including Army Air Corps and Fleet Air Arm
Navy vessels (differentiate surface and subsurface vessels): Around eighty five, if more:
  • Two aircraft carriers - HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Queen Elizabeth
  • Six Astute-class submarines, four Trafalgar-class subs, four Vanguard-class subs (14 subs in total)
  • Six Type-45 Guided Missile Destroyers, 13 Type-23 Frigates, two Type-26 frigates (21 surface combatant vessels)
  • Eight Hunt-class minehunters, Seven Sandown-class minehunters (15 countermeasure vessels)
  • Seven River-class patrol vessels, 11 Archer-class patrol vessels, two Scimitar-class vessels (20 patrol vessels)
  • At least fifteen other vessels, ranging from replenishment ships to forward repair ships belonging to the Royal Fleet Auxiliary
Military funding (USD per year): $82.2 billion (2.5% of GDP)
Doctrine: Superior firepower

Nuclear technology (yes or no): Yes
Nuclear bombs (number): Current stockpile hovers at around 225
Nuclear power plants: Around 10,000 megawatts
Bio-weapon capabilities (yes or no): Capable of producing, but no stockpile.
Delivery systems: Trident ballistic missiles

~History~
With the election of a Conservative majority government in May 2015, the United Kingdom continued down the path of recovery; its deficit shrank, unemployment decreased, and inflation reached its lowest since the middle of the 20th century. Yet key issues were still unresolved. A housing crisis loomed on the horizon, as did the issue of energy and the prospect of leaving the European Union. As pledged by the Conservative government of David Cameron, the United Kingdom held a referendum on its EU membership in the latter months of 2017. The results, with the largest turnout in a generation, were in favour of leaving. By the early months of 2018, the last treaties were signed and the UK was no longer a part of the European Union. In June of 2018, Queen Elizabeth II died aged 92, having served as monarch for 66 long years. Her son, Charles, succeeded her as King Charles III. He died in the latter half of 2019, aged 69, and ruling for only thirteen months. He himself was succeeded by his son, King William V.

Untill 2020, Cameron's government focused on the issue of energy. With significant opposition from business and industry, traditionally supporters of the Conservative Party, the North Sea Oil was in part nationalised and its profits directed towards a public fund. Part of it was directed towards renewable sources of energy, though most of it served as a reserve budget for the government. During the period between 2018 and 2020, the Middle East became even more volatile and unstable. This forced the Conservative government to import its oil from elsewhere; the UK also shifted towards renewable sources of energy, increasing the number of nuclear power stations, creating plans for offshore wind farms across the island, and decreasing its reliance on natural gas and oil.

By 2020, the election year, the UK was moving towards an even more prosperous period of time, despite the escalation of conflicts in the Middle East and North Africa. In May 2020, Cameron's conservative government won another election, with a majority of nearly one hundred seats. The Oil Crisis of 2021 came too soon. Prices soared, higher than ever before, and transport across some parts of the United Kingdom stood still until the intervention of the government. The oil reserves saved up through the North Sea Oil Fund were of a great help. Even so, Cameron was blamed - by his own MPs and the public itself - for not doing enough to prevent the Crisis' impact on the UK. He suffered a motion of no confidence, lost, and was replaced by Michael Donovan, who won the leadership election with a staggering amount of support. Donovan, a noted hard-liner, spent the next three years doing much to prepare the United Kingdom for a potential resource-based war; he increased the amount of funding towards the military, rallied the public through propaganda, and consolidated his own support base through constant speeches and inolvement with the public.
Last edited by Agrincourt on Sun May 31, 2015 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Slovak States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Slovak States » Tue May 26, 2015 1:39 pm

APPLICATION

~Basic Information~
Country name, short (do not choose individual states in the E.U.): Russia
Country name, formal: The Russian Federation
Ideology and political system: Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current head of state and title: Premier Lavrenti Voroshilov
Current head of government and title: Premier Lavrenti Voroshilov

Population, total (2024): 129,003,912
Birth rate: 12.0
Nominal GDP (2024): 3,554,824,000
Unemployment rate: 6%
Energy self-sufficiency (as percentage): 70%
Key electricity sources (mention share of each): Thermal: 61% Nuclear: 18% Hydroelectric: 21%
Key natural resources: Natural Gas, Coal, Oil, Uranium, Timber, Diamonds

~Military Affairs~
Active personnel: 1.4 Million
Reserve personnel: 2.6 Million
Military aircraft (count): Around 3,800
2 x Aircraft Carrier
6 x Cruisers
17 x Destroyers
6 x Frigates
82 x Corvettes
16 x Ballistic Missile Submarines
19 x Attack Submarines
29 x Minesweeper/Mine layer Ships

Military funding (USD per year): $126 Billion
Doctrine (see notes, above): Blitzkrieg

Nuclear technology (yes or no): Yes
Nuclear bombs (number): Around 2,600 Strategic Warheads, Around 2,200 Tactical Warheads
Nuclear power plants (total power output): 25,242 MW
Bio-weapon capabilities (yes or no): Yes
Delivery systems (how to get bomb from point A to point B): Ballistic Missiles, Tu-95 Strategic Bombers, Cruise Missiles

~History~
Vladimir Putin continued to extend his rule of Russia far longer than the law was supposed to allow. He was relentless, passing many laws that simply gave him more power and
and removed more rights from the Russian people. In 2017, he removed the term limit, giving himself essentially unlimited time in office. In 2018, he dissolved the position of Prime Minister,
outlawed elections, and renamed himself the Premier of the Russian Federation, giving himself nearly unlimited power and no way for the people to remove him. In 2020, Putin was
assassinated by Russian military officials. They chose the then Russian Minister of Energy Production and a former Russian Naval Officer, Lavrenti Voroshilov, to replace him. The main problem
facing Russia at the time was energy production. It was hoped that Vorshilov would both improve the energy situation in Russia and be less extreme than his predecessor. The impact on energy production
was felt almost immediately after Voroshilov took office. He ramped up the use of nuclear, and oil power to make up for short comings in other areas, and it worked. He eliminated the blackouts, and energy
unreliability that had become commonplace. However, Voroshilov was no less extreme than Putin was, and he ruled Russia with an iron fist. The Russian people were happy to have a strong leader, and one who
had essentially solved the Russian Energy Crisis.

Then, The 2021 Oil Crisis hit. Russian oil production ground to a halt, producing less than half of what was expected. Russia was slowly switching over to nuclear power, but it still relied heavily on oil.
The Russian Energy Crisis had returned, and much worse than before. The Russian peoples' dissent and disapproval of their government blossomed nearly into open rebellion as the government scrammbled to rectify
the situation. In the meantime, Voroshilov brutally suppressed all dissent. Those who spoke out were arrested, martial law was declared.

By 2023, the energy situation was slowly being fixed, as the government rushed to build nuclear power facilities. Russia was now essentially a police state. Martial law remained in effect. The FSB reverted to
its communist roots, clamping down hard on any dissent or threat against Voroshilov's government. In 2024, Voroshilov has increased military spending significantly, as well as expanding the size of the
Russian armed forces, both to assist in controlling the Russian population and to prepare for a possible war to secure the resources that Mother Russia so desperately needs.

I wasn't sure if I should consider oil a key natural resource after the crisis and all, so I just added it to be sure. Also, I hope this isn't too bad, as I only recently started getting into the RP side of nation states.
Last edited by Slovak States on Thu May 28, 2015 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Tue May 26, 2015 3:30 pm

This looks interesting
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 5:38 pm

Both applications look good. UK and Russia - accepted!

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Thats a pretty nice OP. Well done man :)
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 7:00 pm

TriStates wrote:Thats a pretty nice OP. Well done man :)

Thanks! It came out of my incessant need for more organization. :p

Submit an application?

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 26, 2015 7:36 pm

I'll float around for a bit, and see where this goes before committing :)
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Zaozhuang
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaozhuang » Tue May 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Tag and reserve for PRC.

Edit, I have been informed that tagging is for the low lifes.
:|
Last edited by Zaozhuang on Tue May 26, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back, Kind of.

Mallorea and Riva should resign

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue May 26, 2015 8:05 pm

Zaozhuang wrote:Tag and reserve for PRC.

Edit, I have been informed that tagging is for the low lifes.
:|

Nie! It's totally fine. :)

Your reservation is noted. Post an app soon!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse