NATION

PASSWORD

PROJECT CHAMPIONS (OPEN SUPERHERO World Building Thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

PROJECT CHAMPIONS (OPEN SUPERHERO World Building Thread)

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:00 pm

EASY TO FIND IC LINK
Founder: Harbertia

The Chamber
These are the key (but not the only) writers. They are here to organize RPs, and to insure everyone is on the same page when it comes to the state of the world with in the setting. We are also here to enforce rules, and to settle any discord between players.

None Chamber members ARE ABLE TO post on this thread. Doing so might get you into the Chamber it's self.

Core Genres
While various genres's from Teen Drama to Detective fiction can be explored with in the world of CHAMPIONS, these are the genre's that make up the core criteria of the setting.
Science Fantasy: A mixed genre of fiction where upon magic, the supernatural, science, pseudo science, life on other planets, and imagined future or technological advances exist at ease with one another allowing them to play an equal role in the plot at hand. Often the lines between science, and magic are blurred with the main difference between the two being how one approaches the material. For example, a scientist wanting to create a portal to the Astral Plane would build a machine to do so while a Sorcerer would use rituals to do the same.
Superhero Genre: Genre focused on the actions of one or more superheroes; individuals who usually possess superhuman abilities relative to a normal person, and are dedicated to protecting the public. Such individuals usually have alternate identities (some, are only known by their 'hero' identity), and often don costumes to conceal who they really are.

Again, while these are at the Core of the setting one is able to explore various genres. One can take on the role of a normal human in this world of super powered heroes and villains. Such characters offer an avenue to explore; leading either to great gratitude and admiration of the heroes, or fearful concern over super powered individuals due to the harm villains intentionally cause.

Rules
  • Yet to be written, so for now, be respectful of your peers

Current Tasks:
  • Get an in character thread operational.

RP Threads
None at this Time
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon May 11, 2015 12:23 am, edited 10 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Setting

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:00 pm

All about the Setting

United States of America (Year 2015)
Brief History
  • Los Angeles
  • New York
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Citizens, Heroes, and Villains

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Hero Form
Code: Select all
[b]Super Identity:[/b]
[b]Real Identity:[/b]
[i]Is the true identity public knowledge or private?[/i]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Group Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Legal Sanctions:[/b] (Private Citizen, Special Deputy, or Vigilante)
[i]Private Citizen:[/i] In the United States, any citizen has the legal power to stop a crime in progress or apprehend a criminal leaving the scene of a crime by making a "citizen's arrest." all heroes that are not sponsored by the government work under this clause. Private citizens can be held accountable if they make a mistake or act with out sufficient proof. Citizens (or superheroes) without official authority can be charged with assault, harassment, and various others charges. If private citizens break the law or cause excessive property damage while trying to apprehend a criminal, they may be classified as vigilantes. On the other hand, if they are helpful to law enforcement agencies, and stay with in the law, they could be made special deputies.
[i]Special Deputy:[/i] A special deputy is a hero who has been given the right by a law enforcement or a government agency to enforce the law, and make arrests. Customarily, superheroes do not begin their careers as special deputies - the classification has to be earned (The FBI for example doesn't just hand out special authority to everyone who wants to be a G-man). The special deputy must work with in the law - following proper channels, getting search warrants, having probable cause, making sure villains are read their rights, and engaging in no unnecessary violence. Peace officers must identify themselves as such, and allow criminals to surrender peacefully. As special deputies, heroes are under the same restriction. Identifying himself will make everyone aware that the hero is a "good guy" and not just another costumed creep committing random acts of violence (though it also alerts the villain of the hero's presence). Remember that law enforcement agencies and special deputies have specific jurisdictions - city police, county sheriffs, state troopers, etc. Federal agents range nation wide, but are generally confined to a set of objectives set by Congress (the IRS: Tax evasion; Treasury agents: counterfeiting; the Secret service: protecting the president, etc.).
[i]Vigilante:[/i] Vigilantes are private citizens who have take the law into their own hands, using the criminals own methods against them (assault, breaking and entering, stealing, use of excessive force, etc). Vigilantes assume the role of judge, jury, and executioner by capturing villains, deciding their guilt, and administering punishment. A Vigilante is usually hunted by law enforcement agencies including, perhaps, government sanctioned superheroes, and super-agencies.

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Power Origin Type:[/b]
[i]Altered Being: Was normal for their kind till contact with a mystic, chemical, genetic, or cosmic force granted them their power set.
Mutant: Born with their unique power set. Few things can disempower a mutant.
Mystic: Powers are of a magical nature, or come from enchanted items.
None Human: Powers are completely natural for the individual's species.
Technical: Powers are of the gadget, cybernetic, and technical armor variety. With out these gadgets the individual is unempowered.[/i]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]

Villain Form

[b]Power Origin Type:[/b]
[i]Altered Being: Was normal for their kind till contact with a mystic, chemical, genetic, or cosmic force granted them their power set.
Mutant: Born with their unique power set. Few things can disempower a mutant.
None Human: Powers are completely natural for the individual's species.
Technical: Powers are of the gadget, cybernetic, and technical armor variety. With out these gadgets the individual is unempowered.[/i]

[b]Motivation:[/b] One to three sentences to explain motivation, below are some suggestions:
[i]Accomplish a Goal:[/i] A catch all for anything that doesn't follow, the villain may simply want to get home, or retrieve something stolen and doesn't care who they hurt in the process, so long as they achieve that goal. Usually such villains will fade away from the world of crime once their goal is met, or they are shown another way.
[i]Crazy:[/i]Performs villainous deeds for some irrational (and probably secret) reason.
[i]Battle of Wits:[/i] The villain commits crimes seeking the thrill of matching wits with superheroes. This villain is the kind to employ some of the most elaborate deathtraps.
[i]Having Fun:[/i] The villain just plain enjoys breaking things, stealing, and beating up our heroes. He's not crazy, he just wants to have fun!
[i]Get Rich Quick:[/i] Villain steals for personal profit. Sometimes the villain just really needs the money, sometimes it's irrational greed.
[i]Revenge:[/i] The villain feels wronged and seeks revenge though illegal means. This situation can be developed though the IC, or written into the villain's background.
[i]World Conquest:[/i] A simple understandable goal that usually involves threatening entire cities, or seeking to become so powerful that none can oppose.
[i]World Destruction:[/i] A slightly more complex objective. Perhaps they feel all hope is lost, or their plans of conquest have gone awry, and thus if they can't have the world, no one can.

Heroes
  • Alexander Locke
  • Brave Lightning
  • Lucy Mclean
  • Magnitude
  • Patho
  • Shade
  • Shrike
  • Super Identity: Stellar Man
    Real Identity: Joseph Stars
    Is the true identity public knowledge or private? Private
    Appearance: A full body black suit that conceals the upper half of his face. The suit has a star pattern along the chest.
    Group Affiliation: The Guardian Force of Los Angeles
    Legal Sanctions: Special Deputy (Jurisdiction: Los Angeles)

Powers: Stellar Man's powers are light related, and effected by the Sun, and the Moon.
    • Flight
    • Solar Empowerment which unlocks...
      • Enhanced Healing
      • Light Attacks
      • Supernatural Stamina
    • Lunar Empowerment which unlocks...
      • Lunar Attacks
      • Enhanced Durability and
      • Supernatural Strength

Power Origin Type: Mystic - The Celestial Stone (which he wears around his waist on a belt buckle. With out the gem he is powerless).

Personality: Joseph Stars is a man of self image. As Stellar Man he carries a noble air, and likes to reflect what it is to be noble. He is honest, trustworthy, and lawful. He builds up his friends, and just as easily points out the flaws of his foes. As Joseph Stars he is a wealthy philanthropist, though a bit of a recluse. His parents went missing while on expedition in Africa when he was 13. Those who are close to Joseph assume this to be reason for his reclusive nature, when in truth he spends much of his time as Stellar Man, rarely interacting with anyone while not in costume.
    Background: Businessman Joseph Stars uncovers the Celestial Stone, an mystic artifact empowering him with might from the Sun, and Moon. Endowed with such great power, Joseph has devoted him self to using it to make the world a better place, and in doing so, to be a better person. By night or day, criminals stay away! Stellar Man is one of the founding members of The Guardian Force of Los Angeles, and functions as the group's leader.
  • The Mystic Guardian
  • The Prototype
  • The Runaway
  • The Striker
  • The Valiant Shadow
  • The Viking
Villains
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Factions

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Hero Teams
  • LitSec (Light Section)
  • Croead Guardians
  • AKA The Guardian Force
    Operational Range/Jurisdiction: Los Angeles, California; USA
    Head Quarters: The Guardian Keep, Los Angeles, California; USA
    Membership: Special Deputies of Los Angeles Only
    Member:
    • Stellar Man (Leader & Spokesman)
    • Striker (2nd & Liaison to Civil Administration, including the Police
    • Shade
    • Magnitude
    Mission: To uphold justice with in the city of Los Angeles and to protect the city's citizens from domestic, foreign, and natural threats. The Guardian Force will refine it's action to be with in the law, and shall work with the LAPD, and other emergency services during it's operations.
    Brief History:WIP
    Current Founding members are Stellar Man & Striker. Refer to Jordon Scott (in the Villain section) for more details.
  • The Society of the Arcane

Miscellaneous
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed May 06, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Plot Planning

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Section for the planning of RPs with in the setting, and for the storing of ideas to be used during the planning of those RPs.

Submitted by Charmera
Not much is known about the Xylaxians, despite their long reach and galactic power. They are said to be creatures made of living metal, metal which they can shape into any form they wish. Cold hearted and mysterious, their technology is known for it’s sybiosis with biology, metal and magic, biomagically engineered beings and starships of living metal. The Xylaxians infiltrate societies as every level, often for many years.

Their purpose, however, does not seem to be conquering, but to study. They observe, desperately searching for something within the people they find. Expert actors and observers, they imitate behaviour.

They do however seek to have as much power in a society as possible, often killing to get that goal. Whereevr they are, they run experiments on the organics they’re with. Social ones, Mental ones and sometimes even scientific ones.

They currently have a foothold in earth, and are slowly enacting an age old plan. One which only the most nutty of conspiracy theorists believe to be true.

Champion Civil War
Clash of Titans
Submitted by: Holy Empire of Avalon
In order to counter super powered threats to public safety the government commissions mechanical soldiers, engineers their own superhumans, and build their own orbital weapons platforms to protect against extraterrestrial threats. (paragraph paraphrased by Harbertia)

Humanity made its own superhero, Pandora. She is built to adapt and take on any foe, a true war machine. Her arsenal designed to strike down any foe. Her goal? To end conflict. A cute dream, it all seemed innocent enough. More of these machines were produced to police streets, guard politicians, fight fires, work in hospitals, save lives. Then... it all changed. A zero changed to a one. A file corrupted. The automatons humanity designed to be its savior turned into a monster. These robots would go on a killing rampage, local authorities the globe over barely able to counter them, soon militaries are called in to save the populace. Eventually only one hope is left on the table. Those same heroes who were hated and feared now must decide to save the people or let them face the monster they have created. (the unaltered words of Holy Empire of Avalon

Pandora Link
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed May 06, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Executed RPs

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:19 pm

RPs that have gone into action here listed in chronological order of their in game events.

The Guardian Force of LA # 1 (Currently running)
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed May 06, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 pm

We are starting to see an increase in Horror and PMC stories in Portal To The Multiverse. I suggest we might have a storyline later in the series dealing with Private Companies, a plot more akin to the latest Call of Duty, except with more companies.
You do know most of my ideas. My thought is to include a brief Horror genre, if not for the enjoyment of it, then to entice those who enjoy the genre to come try our tale.

For villains though, I feel like a villain who seems like a hero would be best. Not necessarily a villain with powers, just a villain who is in a position of power and looks like he is a good and decent man, but secretly is a large part of the criminal underworld with their power.

Now, we also have open to us, a route where later in the series we transport the characters, those players willing to go, to a magical world of fantasy and wonder.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:We are starting to see an increase in Horror and PMC stories in Portal To The Multiverse. I suggest we might have a storyline later in the series dealing with Private Companies, a plot more akin to the latest Call of Duty, except with more companies.
You do know most of my ideas. My thought is to include a brief Horror genre, if not for the enjoyment of it, then to entice those who enjoy the genre to come try our tale.

For villains though, I feel like a villain who seems like a hero would be best. Not necessarily a villain with powers, just a villain who is in a position of power and looks like he is a good and decent man, but secretly is a large part of the criminal underworld with their power.

Now, we also have open to us, a route where later in the series we transport the characters, those players willing to go, to a magical world of fantasy and wonder.

I think working on that kind of villain is an appropriate direction (I don't know much about CoD to comment on the first suggestion).
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:We are starting to see an increase in Horror and PMC stories in Portal To The Multiverse. I suggest we might have a storyline later in the series dealing with Private Companies, a plot more akin to the latest Call of Duty, except with more companies.

I think working on that kind of villain is an appropriate direction (I don't know much about CoD to comment on the first suggestion).

I say that because we see a lot of PMC type RPs popping up in large bulk.
I do feel the villain idea is good though, and a type of villain that we love as a hero, a really convincing lie.
Any comment on the Fantasy line though? I just thought it would be interesting to see our heroes plunged into a world of magic and wonder. The tech heroes would have to adapt if their machinery broke down, and the others would as well.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Any comment on the Fantasy line though? I just thought it would be interesting to see our heroes plunged into a world of magic and wonder. The tech heroes would have to adapt if their machinery broke down, and the others would as well.

As a personal event (like when Cyborg was transported to a past world of magic in Teen Titans) I'm alright with that. Mortal Plane heroes being taken to somewhere like Asgard (Marvel did this before) I'm alright with. Though all the heroes... nay, it'd be akin to that story line where Marvel's greatest heroes where taken by aliens for a tournament to decide which was greater; good or evil. The same tournament that provided Spider Man with the Symbiotic suit (Venom). I'm told it's an interest story line as the aliens hosting the tournament put Magneto on the Good team due to what he fights for, the betterment of oppressed others (mutant kind).

During that arch the lesser known heroes of Earth had to deal with the chaos left by the absence of their more well known, and powerful counter parts.
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Any comment on the Fantasy line though? I just thought it would be interesting to see our heroes plunged into a world of magic and wonder. The tech heroes would have to adapt if their machinery broke down, and the others would as well.

As a personal event (like when Cyborg was transported to a past world of magic in Teen Titans) I'm alright with that. Mortal Plane heroes being taken to somewhere like Asgard (Marvel did this before) I'm alright with. Though all the heroes... nay, it'd be akin to that story line where Marvel's greatest heroes where taken by aliens for a tournament to decide which was greater; good or evil. The same tournament that provided Spider Man with the Symbiotic suit (Venom). I'm told it's an interest story line as the aliens hosting the tournament put Magneto on the Good team due to what he fights for, the betterment of oppressed others (mutant kind).

During that arch the lesser known heroes of Earth had to deal with the chaos left by the absence of their more well known, and powerful counter parts.

I was not saying all heroes, I was just saying those who wanted to go. We ask OOCly those who want to go and get a tally. They would go somewhere more like Middle Earth or Skyrim, someplace where they would fill the role of fabled heroes come to save them. I can start writing a pitch now if you'd like.

Now, do we have any others joining yet? If not I suppose we can just continue to bounce ideas around between us.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:04 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Now, do we have any others joining yet? If not I suppose we can just continue to bounce ideas around between us.

I was hoping to see a few people join in on the thread. So far it's just me, and you; as I've not taken the time to go though the various Superhero RPs previously hosted on NS to begin seeking out those who will desire to join us.

I've not even posted this on the group's thread as I'm not sure this will actually grow into anything, and do not want to pull the other Titans in on something that will last for only a brief time.

Superhero RPs are not that popular on NS at this time, so I felt it a good time to start gathering players together so that when the genre's popularity rises again (after the release of Age of Ultron) we can be ready with an RP.
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Now, do we have any others joining yet? If not I suppose we can just continue to bounce ideas around between us.

I was hoping to see a few people join in on the thread. So far it's just me, and you; as I've not taken the time to go though the various Superhero RPs previously hosted on NS to begin seeking out those who will desire to join us.

I've not even posted this on the group's thread as I'm not sure this will actually grow into anything, and do not want to pull the other Titans in on something that will last for only a brief time.

Superhero RPs are not that popular on NS at this time, so I felt it a good time to start gathering players together so that when the genre's popularity rises again (after the release of Age of Ultron) we can be ready with an RP.

You sound like Kraft Lawrence, guess that makes me Holo? :P
That does begin to ask the question though, should we anticipate Avengers: Age of Ultron and plan a plot similar to it? It is possible they will want a similar story, thus why I made Age of Pandora close, but I think I will modify it and the name slightly. Make Pandora of human origin, more cyborg like. More like she gave up her humanity, and now desires the rest of humanity to follow her and do the same.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I was hoping to see a few people join in on the thread. So far it's just me, and you; as I've not taken the time to go though the various Superhero RPs previously hosted on NS to begin seeking out those who will desire to join us.

You sound like Kraft Lawrence, guess that makes me Holo? :P
That does begin to ask the question though, should we anticipate Avengers: Age of Ultron and plan a plot similar to it? It is possible they will want a similar story, thus why I made Age of Pandora close, but I think I will modify it and the name slightly. Make Pandora of human origin, more cyborg like. More like she gave up her humanity, and now desires the rest of humanity to follow her and do the same.

I'd rather we not decide to make a mockbuster though your logic is sound *I'm a little stressed due to other endeavors so a direct answer from me isn't something I desire to give as it my be a response I latter regret*

We've got the idea, and can work on it while also making note of alternative designs.
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:You sound like Kraft Lawrence, guess that makes me Holo? :P

I'd rather we not decide to make a mockbuster though your logic is sound *I'm a little stressed due to other endeavors so a direct answer from me isn't something I desire to give as it my be a response I latter regret*

We've got the idea, and can work on it while also making note of alternative designs.

Sounds good, we got time. The large numbers of superhero fanatics will probably take place between the first and the ninth. A:AoU comes out this weekend, people will most likely be away watching it this weekend though, so the ninth will be when it really kicks in I feel.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Harbertia wrote:I'd rather we not decide to make a mockbuster though your logic is sound *I'm a little stressed due to other endeavors so a direct answer from me isn't something I desire to give as it my be a response I latter regret*

Sounds good, we got time. The large numbers of superhero fanatics will probably take place between the first and the ninth. A:AoU comes out this weekend, people will most likely be away watching it this weekend though, so the ninth will be when it really kicks in I feel.

IT's good to have a timeline :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:34 pm

Now, I do have to ask, what setting are we using for CHAMPIONS?
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Now, I do have to ask, what setting are we using for CHAMPIONS?

Ah, a good question.

I don't want to go so far back as to be in the 1940s, nor the 70s/80s thus I feel a kind of advanced 21st century (Early 2000s) to be our best bet for a time period.

We'd hope the past to have build up enough justification for the super humans in the setting. Likely the nation will chiefly (but not exclusively) be the United States as the US has the largest Comic Book Industry in the world.
Tomorrow is made today.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:37 pm

I've got an idea for a transhuman, technology-based hero. I'm going to rework my main character from this thread (Which, to be frank, seems to be dying or dead) for this RP. I could see him being somewhat of an Iron Man/Batman analogue to Stellar Man's Superman/Captain America analogue.
Last edited by Utceforp on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Utceforp wrote:I've got an idea for a cyborg, technology-based hero. I'm going to rework my main character from this thread (Which, to be candid, seems to be dying or dead) for this RP. I could see him being somewhat of an Iron Man/Batman analogue to Stellar Man's Superman/Captain America analogue.

Alright, let me get something ready here, and... alright, I've got a code for character forms.

[b]Legal Sanctions:[/b] (Private Citizen, Special Deputy, or Vigilante)

[b]Power Origin Type:[/b] Technical: Powers are of the gadget, cybernetic, and technical armor variety. With out these gadgets the individual is unempowered.

Private Citizen
In the United States, any citizen has the legal power to stop a crime in progress or apprehend a criminal leaving the scene of a crime by making a "citizen's arrest." all heroes that are not sponsored by the government work under this clause.

Private citizens can be held accountable if they make a mistake or act with out sufficient proof. Citizens (or superheroes) without officially authority can be charged with assault, harassment, and various others charges.

If private citizens break the law or cause excessive property damage while trying to apprehend a criminal, they may be classified as vigilantes. On the other hand, if they are helpful to law enforcement agencies, and stay with in the law, they could be made special deputies.

Special Deputy
A special deputy is a hero who has been given the right by a law enforcement or government agency to enforce the law, and make arrests. Customarily, superheroes do not begin their careers as special deputies - the classification has to be earned (The FBI for example doesn't just hand out special authority to everyone who wants to be a G-man).

The special deputy must work with in the law - following proper channels, getting search warrants, having probable cause, making sure villains are read their rights, and engaging in no unnecessary violence. peace officers must identify themselves as such, and allow criminals to surrender peacefully. As special deputies, heroes are under the same restriction. Identifying himself will make everyone aware that the hero is a "good guy" and not just another costumed creep committing random acts of violence (though it also alerts the villain of the hero's presence).

Remember that law enforcement agencies and special deputies have specific jurisdictions - city police, county sheriffs, state troopers, etc. Federal agents range nation wide, but are generally confined to a set of objectives set by Congress (the IRS: Tax evasion; Treasury agents: counterfeiting; the Secret service: protecting the president, etc.).

Vigilante
Vigilantes are private citizens who have take the law into their own hands, using the criminals own methods against them (assault, breaking and entering, stealing, use of excessive force, etc). Vigilantes assume the role of judge, jury, and executioner by capturing villains, deciding their guit, and administering punishment. A Vigilante is usually hunted by law enforcement agencies including, perhaps, government sanctioned superheroes, and super-agencies.

I'll add all this to the main posts latter, though for now, they are here for your use :)
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 pm

I was thinking either today or 2010 at the earliest. So for me, my idea was 2010-2015. New York is too common I feel, but my list of cities would be
1: Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America
2: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
3: New York City, New York, United States of America
4: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
5: Seattle, Oregon, United States of America

1 is starting to become a large trading hub on the East Coast, 2 is growing in population now, 3 is a large trading and population hub, 4 is the largest city on the West Coast I believe . 5 is growing in popularity.

Nice hero Idea, Utceforp, now, Harbertia, do we have a trial application we can find? Something we can look at and edit as needed, but use to suggest characters?
*Nevermind that last part :P
Last edited by Holy Empire of Avalon on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:I was thinking either today or 2010 at the earliest. So for me, my idea was 2010-2015. New York is too common I feel, but my list of cities would be

1 is starting to become a large trading hub on the East Coast, 2 is growing in population now, 3 is a large trading and population hub, 4 is the largest city on the West Coast I believe . 5 is growing in popularity.

-snip-

hmm... Why not a made up city? West Coast City. We can draw upon Los Angeles, and give it a beach front. It can be located some where in California. An area that is coastal yet offers variety of Californian terrain.
Tomorrow is made today.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Hm.

I have a few character ideas, most from IJ, that could apply here.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:I was thinking either today or 2010 at the earliest. So for me, my idea was 2010-2015. New York is too common I feel, but my list of cities would be

-snip-

hmm... Why not a made up city? West Coast City. We can draw upon Los Angeles, and give it a beach front. It can be located some where in California. An area that is coastal yet offers variety of Californian terrain.

West Coast City? Why not an actual city? There are plenty of cities we can use.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Harbertia wrote:

West Coast City? Why not an actual city? There are plenty of cities we can use.

Something about using real cities, and preceding to cause destruction doesn't set well with me. Though that shouldn't stop any of you from using them. Your character can be stationed out of really any of those five, as well as an RP. An RP could take place in one of those areas. I feel that having our first RP set in a fictional US city would give us a bit more liberty, though looking back on comics, and TV shows we can do practically anything to a real world city. Like give it our own Mayor, or add a new structure to it.

Out of those five you've listed New York or Los Angeles seem appealing. However since New York is not your most desirable Los Angeles is a good way to go. I can even have The Guardian Force based out of Los Angeles, and replace West Coast City with Los Angeles (since WCC was just Los Angeles under a different name).
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse