NATION

PASSWORD

1st International Imperial Air Show (IC) (TG for entry)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

1st International Imperial Air Show (IC) (TG for entry)

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:35 am

Downtown Emeros, Vangaziland.... A place known as the Emerald District. Today was perhaps its most busy day in years. Tourists came from all over the world's regions and flocked to any area they could find off the Eastern Coast, the edge of the city.

Here, land met sea and today the air would make its invisible self known, not as a breathable life source. But as a physical part of the territory, just as concrete as water or earth.

The sound of a single engine, prop plane buzzed through the air..... It was a purple stunt plane trailing a long flume of red smoke. These were the Vannish colors, the colors of the Royal Imperial Family of Vangaziland.

This was the signal of the start of the show...

At the center of the mass of people stretched along the waterfront, at parks, on top of buildings and even on a line of parked boats, was a large grandstand area. About two thousand people sat here on benches, temporarily set up in what is normally a large parking lot. Here, loud speakers bellowed out the voice of an announcer.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the First International Imperial Air Show! The newest show on the air circuit."

Timing was everything. Everything was set up so the pilots passed as the announcer spoke. For example, as the announcer finished the last sentence, the fancy prop plane began its pass of the grandstand.

"Here he is! The Crown Prince! Fritz Vang!"

The plane started a slow barrel roll, it held each part of the roll for about 3 seconds, causing the smoke to make a beautiful red spiral in the air.

"That's right, Major Vang is a private pilot and he is putting on a show just for you."

"Get to the Jets!" A voice yelled loud enough for most of the grandstand to hear. It was followed by laughter. They loved the Prince, but this little warm up was not on the itinerary for security reasons. The voice was actually the Commanding General of The Vannish Armed Forces, Gen. Hap Applebind.

Almost as if on cue, the Prince's plane buzzed loudly drowning out the crowd noise with a low altitude flight, which banked to turn back over the water and set a smoke screen just above their heads....

Finally the sport plane's powerful engines accelerated and it took off to the South. There was a round of applause.

"Moving right along, we get a good look at the fighters of today and tomorrow... Feast your eyes on these bad boys." The announcer's voice seemed dated, sort of like a 1980s radio show host.

The shape of two fighters sped across the beach, a few seconds later they heard the engines... There is usually that moment of surprise when such fast aircraft approach when the sound takes a few seconds to catch up... This is true even when not flying supersonic.

The sound became a roar after the jets careened along the oceanfront. They went up into a steep climb, looped and rolled in unison until they were headed back towards the way they came.

"Active Duty ancestors of the YF-23, the F-23 'Black Widow' is the vanguard of Vannish Air Defense today. These fighters come from the 72nd Fighter Squadron based near Auster."

The Jets came by on another pass, even faster... This time, they kept going South and left the area. Applause followed. General Applebind made a scene once again, by hooting, hollering and making random noises. He was motivated.

"Next up, we have something that was only recently declassified. Look North and check out the.."

As the announcer spoke, a long dark shadow streaked by. It was moving just as fast as those fighter jets on their second pass.

"J11M Erelo Stealth Bomber!"

The crowd roared. This was not just a plane. This was a deterrent that literally helped keep Vangaziland from the trivial skirmishes that plagued their neighbors. The Erelos, the submarines, the Mobile ICBM Launchers and the missile silos kept The nation and it's allies safe at night.

Just as soon as the Erelo came, it went.

Music had been playing in the background, mostly rock.. All of it fit the theme and the mood.

"And that concludes Vangaziland's portion for today, remember this air show is sponsored by the Vannish Air Force." He finished it up with the Vannish Air Force's official slogan.. "The Air Force.... Join it!"

The next set was up.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zorchov
Secretary

Founded: Apr 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zorchov » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:39 am

The VF-901 Light attack prototypes were on display in the main building.

The 777 squadron was standing at attention with their soon to be aircraft.

The MkV 30mm cannons were taken off the prototype to show the sheer size and killing force of them.

5 Hell fire pods were also shown on showcase, each pod contains 15 smaller explosives.

The PA says "King Allen would like to meet with The crown prince, Fritz Vang."

Aktosha
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aktosha » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:04 am

Commissar Slava had one arm behind his back and the other on a drink of wine. As he sipped he watch the aircraft in the sky soar over doing stunts that others were gasping at. The man was amazed by the pilot's talent but he had a mindset of a stonewall. Major Mila was around somewhere, earlier while they walked in Slava caught her looking at the females at the show. "Careful not to hurt any relations we could build here comrade." Slava advised her, to which she acknowledged but would eventually see what she could do. As Slava enjoyed the theatrics, Mila was off schmoozing with dignitaries, however some were a bit taken aback by the communist presence. She spoke with a few open minded people, then returned to the commissar. "People here are rather odd toward us." she informed him. "Not news to me. Find a way to show good faith, or just enjoy being social, I'll be making my rounds shortly." Commissar Slava told her. Mila shrugged then returned to those gathering around the spectacle, and began speaking with a rather pretty Vangaziland, asking her who she was.
Pro: Marxist-Leninism.
Anti: liberalism, neoliberalism, colonialism, globalism, capitalism, reactionaries, religion, capitalism, fascism.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:05 am

A Vannish lieutenant approached King Allen, red hair cut short underneath his service cap. "Your majesty, Prince Vang is still on his way back from Emerald Regional Airport."

That airport, abbreviated as ERA, was the second airport in Town. Emeros International was the one that most of the guests, as well as most Vannish tourists fly into. ERA was where the Prince kept his private planes in a guarded hanger.

He was in a state car, being driven back to the airshow and the afterparty.

"I have called his cellphone and told him to meet with you as soon as he gets back. Unless... Would you would like for me to set up a phone conversation?"

The young lieutenant stood at attention and showed the utmost respect to the King. Several prototypes or other aircraft were on display out here in the second large lot. To make up for the loss of parking spaces, three local garages were rented out for this event. Valet parking, shuttle buses, and good old fashioned walking ferried people from the garage to and from the events.

Between the display and the lots was the glass and steel structure that the event would take place in. It was not a tall building, but it still towered over the grandstand and the display section.

At both lots were vendors selling everything from aircraft models, to Hamburgers or even digital cameras.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Russian Soviet States
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian Soviet States » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:19 am

The Red Air Force planes flew in from Moscow. The Russian homeland was in the midst of the Second Great Patriotic War. The Red Air Force planes were able to leave Russian airspace safely. They landed at the air show and waited to perform.
This nation does not represent my views.
I stand with Rand.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
:Member of the United National Group:

Zorchov
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorchov » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:24 am

King Allen agrees to set up a over the phone conversation.

He follows the young Lt with his Royal guards.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:29 pm

As the Russian planes land a voice comes over their radio. Frequencies had been coordinated as they entered Vannish air space. Of course since they just flew from far away, they would have to land and get fuel.

It took a few minutes before the large green tanker trucks appeared next to the lead aircraft. A crew hopped out and started fiddling with hoses at the back of the large oval/rectangular tank.

The idling of the jet engines made a lot of noise that drowned out any voice that may have spoken. So the feelers communicated with hand signals.. Just as soon as they arrived, the hose had been hooked onto the first fighter.

They could hear sounds of other nations' fighter coming in for a landing. Emerald Regional Airport was being used as a staging airfield, where planes would land to get gas. The Airshow took the little airport over.

-----
Meanwhile, Inside the Convention Center

King Allen from Zorchov had been led to a private room. The furniture was absolutely luxurious and ornate, fit for a King. The lieutenant stood guard outside with some of the Zorchovian Royal Guards.

Some guards may have been in the room, the Vannish Lt., named Clarksen, did not keep a good count of the guards.

The King heard the Vannish Prince answer the phone. His voice was excited. "Your majesty, how are you today?"

There was a pause where the King could answer.

"Thank you for attending, how is the food and such so far? Enjoying the air show?"

Again he paused and listened to the King.

"So what is on your mind, your majesty? I should be there in about twenty minutes. My lieutenant did the right thing. He didn't want to keep you waiting. Is diplomacy or business on your mind?"

There was always time for diplomacy and business in Vangaziland.
-----
Back at the airport

Before the Vannish Prince even made it to the Show, the Russian planes had been fueled and given the thumbs up. They could perform their flyover any time they were ready.

A second tanker truck had shown up and refueled some of the planes, making it a quick, routine affair.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:43 pm

Emeros, Vangaziland

"So, what do you think, colonel, of them?"

Col. Subhi Kobasi ended the video that he had been taking of the Vannish Air Force's demonstration, and turned to face the venerable RiyAAF general. "Their planes sir? The YF-23 is a well-known quantity. Lowest RCS of any fighter in service, but lost out to the Raptor in American trials due to inferior weapons capacity and maneuverability. The J11M is not as well known; however, the odd engine layout and poor shaping seems to discredit it as being a true "stealth" bomber, and it has no provisions for infrared reduction or countermeasures. I'd have to run a POFACETS program to give an exact spectral analysis of it, though."

General Fawzi al-Nashawi lightly shook his head. "No colonel, I meant their demonstration and overall quality. But that information is nonetheless interested, so thank you."

"Well sir, I can't say for sure about anything related to their qualitative aspects. They seem like a normal Western air force to me."
"My thoughts exactly. Maybe a little gung-ho, but nothing outstanding like what we've seen with many other nations."
The colonel shrugged. "I might look into it a bit more. Sir, I'd like to get a glimpse at the exhibition hall before our demonstration starts, if I may?"
"You don't need my permission to go off, you know. But sure. If you see any of the organizers, could you also see if we can get some of our music playing during our part?"
"Yes sir!" The colonel saluted and headed off.

Preparation Area

"Sidi!" The attending Lieutenant Colonel, leader of the Riysian Sentinels, saluted as General al-Nashawi walked inside. Dozens of air crew and flight officers were preparing for the upcoming demonstration, consisting of no less than three flight demonstration groups covering the main fixed wing aircraft in current RiyAAF service.

"At ease." The general saluted back. "How goes preparation?"
"Excellent sir. We're ready to go as soon as the order's given. We've decided that the Sentinels will go first with some basic flybys, followed by the Thunderbolts, and then the Falcons will handle some of the more aerobatic stuff." The officer wasn't lying; instead of the black winter dress uniforms that they had worn when they first flew in - like the general and colonel were wearing - they had changed into their flight suits and work fatigues.

"Should be soon then; the colonel's trying to get permission for us to go. We're also seeing if we can have Nahnu Tuyur al-Ababil play during our demonstration."

"Colonel Kobasi? Alright then, sir. We're quite looking forward to this display as well; I heard some communists are in attendance as well." He smiled.

"Lieutenant Colonel, don't do anything brash, okay? Give everyone a hell of a show, but don't cause a diplomatic incident. We're better than them, remember?"

"Sorry sir, I didn't mean to imply that. We're Riysian Arabs sir, courage, honor, and steadfastness are in our blood."

"Its fine. We all hate what the ideology's done to the rest of the Middle East as well." The general cracked his knuckles. "I'll be back, waiting for an answer. I'll call you when we're ready."

Zorchov
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorchov » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:26 pm

"I was thinking, I would like to improve our relation between our nations. I would like to have a ally in the case I have a emergency or you have one. I am on my own as a country currently."

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:14 pm

The Prince's smile could be heard in his tone of voice on the phone. "Vangaziland is a very underestimated country. We try to avoid fighting though. When I get there, we will discuss policies in detail. But over the phone, let me say that I am happy for your interest."

The car made its way through the city, with its tall buildings and ran along the Emerald River which flanked part of the highway. There was a little irony, being that runoff turned the water a greenish color in the sunlight due to an abundance of marine algae.

It was not as polluted as many other waterways in big cities though. Emeros had the population of Seattle but spread out over twice the square miles. The downtown was still bustling, with its commerce and residential towers.

Public transportation systems were highly apparent. Lots of buses and two different kinds of passenger trains ran alongside the highway, passing the Prince in his black convoy of state cars.

Soon the vehicles came to an exit off-ramp. It was just a short drive to the convention center... The highway and its exits were very efficient. Traffic was not too bad, yet it was a little congested.

As the group approached the Convention Center, there was already a space for the state vehicles, right by the entrance. Soon Prince Vang and a small entourage exited the vehicle. Personally, he wanted to watch the air show. But today he wanted to play diplomat.

It was a change of pace for the man who had spent the last few years as an Infantry Officer. He finally got promoted to Major.

One guard handed Prince Vang a program where he read about the aircraft on display. He especially enjoyed the article about the completed F-23 fighter. He loved the platform. The article pointed out that the YF-23 did not lose out to the YF-22 because of inferiority. It lost because it was more expensive.

Many authors and aerospace experts had broached the question. The YF-23 was stealthier and faster. The YF-23, now F-23 for Vangaziland, even had a longer range. The Raptor was more maneuverable, more conventional and had a great marketing pitch.

The key word for the Vangazi was 'stealth' fighter. So the winner was apparent. Soviet designs like some of the Sukhoi were still more maneuverable than the Raptor. So with that said, was maneuverability the right choice? If so the Vannish would have went for a Sukhoi. With nuclear first strike as national policy, gun fighting maneuverability was a limited priority. But other nations with less of a staunch defensive policy might need 'supermanueverabilty' in their aircraft..

The Vannish Prince chuckled to himself about how other nations were so quick to jump to the F-22 and believe in one nation's choice without the slightest independent tests. It was just a passing thought before the Major went on reading about other aircraft performing today.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Zorchov
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorchov » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:42 pm

OOC I have more troops I would like to show off can I like bring them?

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:24 pm

Aktosha wrote:Commissar Slava had one arm behind his back and the other on a drink of wine. As he sipped he watch the aircraft in the sky soar over doing stunts that others were gasping at. The man was amazed by the pilot's talent but he had a mindset of a stonewall. Major Mila was around somewhere, earlier while they walked in Slava caught her looking at the females at the show. "Careful not to hurt any relations we could build here comrade." Slava advised her, to which she acknowledged but would eventually see what she could do. As Slava enjoyed the theatrics, Mila was off schmoozing with dignitaries, however some were a bit taken aback by the communist presence. She spoke with a few open minded people, then returned to the commissar. "People here are rather odd toward us." she informed him. "Not news to me. Find a way to show good faith, or just enjoy being social, I'll be making my rounds shortly." Commissar Slava told her. Mila shrugged then returned to those gathering around the spectacle, and began speaking with a rather pretty Vangaziland, asking her who she was.

The female blushed and spoke as the planes flew overhead. While the Vannish team and several other country's planes flew overhead, she made acquaintance with the leader, even flirting a little.

She identified herself as an attaché to General Applebind, the Vannish Armed forces Commander.

As the conversation went on, she slowly moved the topic to the Vannish General. Soon General Applebind noticed the conversation and he got up from his seat and went towards the group.

With a friendly, well as friendly as an old General can be, handshake Applebind introduced himself saying, "Well, I see you have been enjoying the Vannish culture."

The female officer blushed and excused herself. She would return later. "I'm General Applebind, you can call my Hap."

Applebind had memorized a lot of faces and ranks as it was expected he have an idea of who's who. "You must be the Commissar from Aktosha."

The General went on, "Please tell me about your nation... Yours was one I have really been wanting to hear about."

There were a lot of interesting nations here and hopefully long term agreements could be forged today.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:25 pm

Zorchov wrote:OOC I have more troops I would like to show off can I like bring them?

[OOC: Sure thing! Air shows often have other kinds of displays.. I look forward to it and feel free to write as much as you want... Have fun!]

Aktosha
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aktosha » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:59 pm

"Ah, General, you must understand that I am no commissar. I am a Major in Aktosha's Crimson Army here to extend goodwill to your nation." Major Zora spoke. "Yes indeed Major." a voice said from behind. "I am Commissar Slava, Red Guard of Aktosha. Major Zora is our representative here but we are both....delighted to be in your presence." Commissar Slava interrupted her, and as fast as he swooped in to introduce himself he was on his way to meet with the Arab delegation.

"Excuse me General, the commissar is here to make sure my orders are carried out properly." Zora explained. "But to tell you about Aktosha, we are a hybrid of different communist philosophies, the General Secretary is Skylar Norris who's position is unelectable. However the Supreme Council is electable which is made up of Marxist-Leninist, Stalinist, Trotskyist, etc. the population votes for them directly and anyone can run on a party ticket as long as they register with that party. Our military is the priority right now due to capitalist interests constantly laying siege to us, which is why I am here. As a rather "different" nation, we have to make some allies in places that we'd least imagine making them." Zora explained.
Anti: liberalism, neoliberalism, colonialism, globalism, capitalism, reactionaries, religion, capitalism, fascism.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:29 pm

It appeared that the Major had mistaken his words to the Commissar. She had accidentally cut him off from speaking with the real Commissar. There had been a little confusion with the Commissar talking to the Vannish female and General Applebind approaching with an entourage, plus there was all sorts of loud Jet noise and all sorts of stuff.

But the General went along with what the Major said, in order to not be rude. Besides, she said exactly what he wanted to hear.

"I came over here to tell you that Vangaziland, although mixed-market Capitalist, does not support others and their constant war on Communism. The Party system you described sounds fair and if your people accept it, than it is good."

He paused for any response and answered.

"Many of the nation's here are misunderstood, including Vangaziland. If only you knew how close we have come to total nuclear war. Our former allies abandoned us, pestered us and threatened us. Come let's join the Commisar, Major..."

He smiled not trying to let her notice her mistake of cutting him off. "I want to speak with the Arabic delegation as well."

Aktosha
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aktosha » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Very Well General," Major Zora told him and began to approach the Commissar. Zora looked over at the female officer she saw earlier, she had walked away so fast and Zora figured she'd best leave her be and continued over to the arab delegation. Just as a V formation of jets screeched over.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:44 pm

General Hap approached the Commisar. "My apologies, I knew you were the Commissar... I just had to take a detour. Yes, the Riysian Arabs. I've been looking forward to meet them too", General Hap said after the roar of Jets had subsided. "You know, we all may have more in common than you think."

By now, they were right by the Riysian delegation.

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Colonel Kobasi walked in the direction of the exhibition hall, looking for someone that might be able to help him, or something interesting to record for the Mukhabarat. Well, they found him first - a group of Vannish and Aktoshan military. He recognized the Vannish general - it was their commander of the Vannish Armed Forces, General Applebind. Excellent! He walked up to them.

"Allo. I couldn't help but overhear; my name is Colonel Subhi Kobasi, of the Riysian Mukhabarat al-Jawiyah." He said in accented English, smiling and offering his hand. "My companion, General al-Nashawi, is currently not present, but he'll be back soon."

Aktosha
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aktosha » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Commissar Slava and Major Zora both began shaking hands with the Arabs. "It is nice to make the acquaintance." Zora told them. The Commissar agreed and then looked up to see more aircraft do a low pass, shaking the floor. "Anyone need a drink?" The commissar asked.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:43 pm

"I need a drink!" The Vannish General exclaimed loudly. A large naval prop plane of the EW variety was making a slow pass. The General yelled over the buzzing engines.

"There are soundproof booths right up at the top of that staircase." He pointed up near the top of the grandstand. They were little meeting rooms, box offices set up near the top floor of the seating.

They were actually a marvel of portable seating, but with diplomacy, or the fact that non-government officials had to pay an arm and a leg to rent them, it made sense.

The group made there way up to the closest booth. Upon reaching it, General Hap took a seat. There was a little round table and 5 chairs. Hap sat so he could still watch the planes.

Right away an attendant came by to check up on the group. The guards had been standing outside, along with others in the entourage.

"Can I get you all anything?" She looked eager to be helpful.

"Drinks please.. I'll have a whisky, no ice", Applebind said quickly. "What about you, two gentlemen?"

General Hap felt like he was a host, with these people coming from so far to visit his capital.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aktosha
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aktosha » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Zora and Keith shot eachother a look both wondering how the servants felt about all this. Communist philosophies were prevalent in their minds. However, the two of them were aware this was another country and would be respecting tradition. Zora was a trotskyist however, and believed that the revolution should occur in all nations. For now, she'd let it go, even if it made her sick. "I'll have a vodka and cranberry." she told the servant, slipping her a hefty tip.

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:58 pm

"Just water or orange juice, please." Colonel Kobasi replied in English and nodded, with a polite smile at the servants. Of course, he didn't drink alcohol, and he already had enough caffeine prior to coming, so water or orange juice was probably the best. "A pleasure to meet everyone. How might you all be? General, before I forget, General al-Nashawi wanted to know if its possible to have the Riysian Air Force anthem play during our flyover, just like the music earlier."
Last edited by Riysa on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 pm

The general had forgotten customs and that it might be against The Riysian Arabic culture to drink alcohol. He should have remembered, but he hoped he would not offend so easily.

"I look forward to hearing your music. We Vangazi embrace diversity. I'm sure our crowd is looking forward to it. This is an event about diversity and customs.. By the way, before I forget... Not to jump right to business, remind me to talk to you about the ITA FRMA handgun... Armed Forces Vangaziland is looking to improve on the standard Glock 17 firearm."

The General turned to the Commissar from Aktosha. "What is your nation's standard sidearm pistol?"

Applebind looked over at the Commissar curiously.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zorchov
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorchov » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Zorchovian central division forces march down the runway, 160,000 men in one formation was just a shock and aw. On the flanks were 78 Leopard 2 MBTs. And of course led by king Allen.

Zorchov
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorchov » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:26 pm

King Allen with disgust halts the march, he pulls a young solider out of line who was not in sync, and executes him in front of thousands, He continues marching over the dead body of the boy.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates