NATION

PASSWORD

A Cold Galaxy (OOC/FT/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

A Cold Galaxy (OOC/FT/OPEN)

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:05 pm

A Cold Galaxy

Mankind was once united, in mind and body. In those days of the long past, the whole of humanity was contained to a single world - Earth. Earth was our homeworld, the place where we were born, aged, and where many met their ends. Life on Earth was no paradise, even at the height of Human Civilization on its surface. Wars were as common as they are now, there were more poor than rich, and we still combed it's surface for any resources. It was far from ideal and one could argue that the standard of living is much higher now than it was back then, but I digress. Our Homeworld was the only world that we inhabited for the first 10,000 years of civilization. It was in our 11th Millennium of existence that we became something more than just a one world species. Our ancestors began to settle the worlds and moons of their home system, spreading out like they did from the continent where they evolved. By the 12th Millennium, our home solar system was overpopulated and had run out of easily accessible resources. Panic ensued when this was realized. The nations that claimed authority over portions of Earth and of the Solar System began to infight and cannibalize each other, until only a handful of hyper-nations were left. They were able the coexist, until the Solar System was completely exhausted of most resources.

This began the Last Great War. Records from this time are scant, but they paint a apocalyptic picture - rationing was a way of life, superweapons fell from the sky nightly, scarring the land black and burning away it's people. Each world was it's own front, any resources left were stripped from the surface, and the people were either conscripted or, if they were valuable enough, taken to a temporary safe-zone. The War itself was the most brutal affair ever recorded. Conservative estimates place combat casualties in the hundreds of millions. Every scrap of land was fought for tooth-and-nail, down to the last man. Massive machines of war - Wonder Weapons - were deployed to shorten the war, but they only succeeded in inspiring other Wonder Weapons. Even when troops succeeded in securing a battlefield, their progress was moot, as some other front had been met with total defeat.

The Last Great War seemed to drag on forever and became a full century of death, destruction, and carnage. After this century of war, Humanity fully collapsed. All the resources that would sustain a state were gone in any measurable way, the worlds of the Solar System lay black and brown from the battles that were fought, and over a billion had died. All that was left was despair, depression, death, and rapidly deteriorating High-Tech. But, out of this seemingly hopeless situation arose an escape - quite literally I might add. In the early days of space exploration, writers and scientists alike dreamed of a cosmos that was full of life, and Humanity was to have more than just the solar system, colonizing other worlds faster than the speed of light. While those dreams had long been simple ponderings or projects that were not taken seriously, they gained new meaning in the Post-Great War world. The remaining states focused on escaping the dying Solar system as fast as possible, with as many people as possible. They employed anyone with a suitable degree and an imagination to work upon Humanity's Salvation, and many outlandish projects got the green-light and bore no fruit, but in the end, Humanity's desperate plan to flee the system worked - many times in fact. The synthesis of the first Exotics, which allowed theoretical FTL drives to actually function. Before human civilization fully collapsed in our home system, thousands of the "Salvation Shuttles" had departed for systems with worlds that were compatible with Humanity's biology.

When these ships landed on their new worlds, they found vastly different forms of life and vastly different climates, but Humanity was able to adapt. Many worlds were forced into genetic modification to survive the conditions upon their worlds, changing the base human form into something new and different. On these worlds, the descendants of humanity were born, still related to "mainline" humans, but in most cases different enough to be considered a different species. During this period of human colonization of the Galaxy, we also received that answer to the oldest question - Are we alone?

While the "Salvation Shuttles" were en route to their respective worlds, they heard only the transmissions from other shuttles. No garbled signs of non-human intelligence, and when the shuttles landed, no signs of intelligent life. We were - and are - alone. Since then, a few ruins and fossilized tools have been found, but they are dated thousands to millions of years in the past. It seems that the theorized "Great Barrier" to intelligent life was far in humanity's past, around the time when super-weapons were first discovered.

Most took no notice to this, the discovery that we were alone was something minor to most, who were more focused upon developing their communities and planets than wondering why we were lucky to escape extinction. These people would lay the foundations for the present day Galactic Community, for they labored in the fields and mines and factories so that their children did not have to. Much of humanity's progress had been reduced to datalogs aboard the Shuttles and the settlers of these worlds had to essentially begin again, starting from simple agrarian settlements and developing into the high-tech society we have today over generations.

As the worlds developed into an age where they could again they could leave their worlds, Humanity began to expand as it did previously, through colonization, war, and diplomacy. The once far-flung colonies of Humanity developed into nations in their own right - some greater than others. Three have risen to the status of Galactic Power, and it is the disputes and conflicts of these three powers that define our time. Hopefully we have grown out of our past of destruction, and the War of Our Time will not devastate like the Last Great War did.

Basically Humanity expanded into the Solar System, fought a massive war when resources ran low, and that war ended with everyone running out of the resources to make war. Then, everyone not dead escaped to the stars with FTL. Now we are following the tale of the colonies, after they have risen to above their former height.

Hello and Welcome to A Cold Galaxy, a Future-Tech Nation/Faction RP about a Cold War IN SPACE!

Now, before we get to the apps, I'd like to give you some info on the setting, 'cause I'd rather not just have people guessing about everything

Technology

Now, technology in general is a lot more advanced than nowadays, but since you probably don't want to hear about the intricate details of a dishwasher two thousand years from now, I'll just give you the rundown of what is probably going to be most important.

Exotics are a catch-all term for the various forms of Exotic Matter that form the basis for essentially all technology in the Galaxy. They allow the functioning of FTL drives, allow power to circulate quickly in systems large and small, and form the circuits themselves in many devices. It is extremely rare in its raw pure form, and the only way to obtain the raw Exotics involves flying dangerously close to black holes. Because most sane people don't make a living out of diving into Black Holes, the main way of obtaining Exotics is synthesis via Fusion reactor.

The Exotics are produced when the raw heavy "Exotic Base" elements are introduced into a fusion reaction, which yields Exotics of differing types, depending upon which element was introduced. These "Exotic Base" elements are in high demand, but no one can find a large enough supply to sate this demand.

The availability of raw Exotic Base elements corresponds to the distance from the Galactic Core, with the Core holding the most, and the Outer Arms holding the least, but these raw elements are most often mixed with other metals in the Core, and refining is a newly developing science that is still very expensive.

The field of Robotics was one that those in power were more than happy to promote. Since the discovery of Exotics, the field has made leaps and bounds. Most factories employ fully automated production equipment and much of on-world logistics is handled automatically.

Outside of production, the other major field that robots are involved in is the military. Automated drones provide scouting information and fire-support for the troops on the ground. Other drones carry supplies from the base camp to the squads on the front lines.

And in some armies, squads of humans are replaced by squads of linked robots. These robots aren't autonomous, however, and are controlled by one operator back at base.

The basic FTL drive is standard across all of the Galaxy. It is essentially an Alcubierre Drive, which expands and contracts space-time to produce the desired effect - Faster than Light travel. The drive is not perfect, however, and if a gravitational field is strong enough, the drive cannot expand and contract spacetime enough to travel faster than light. Because of this, many of the systems in the Galaxy - most notably those with a red giant or similarly massive star - are unable to be effectively colonized.

Galaxy Map

Nations

Great Power #1: The Perseid Federation - Stormwrath - Co-OP

Great Power #2: Vandulian Hierarchy - The Orson Empire - Co-OP

Great Power #3: Bundesrepublik Rheinland - Elerian

Secondary Powers:

Corporate Sector - Lunas Legion

Legions of Volohk - Krugmar

Orion Hegemony - Terminus Alpha

Groups

The Cult of Assaya - Religious Group - Charmera

The Key Keepers - Espionage Group - The Fair Republic

Laws of the UNIVERSE!
  • The Laws of Physics still apply. Please make everything at least plausible with current-day understandings of the universe. If you don't know if something is plausible or not, ask the OP/Co-OPs.
  • Know where your assets are coming from, and be able to walk through the process of mustering your ships or developing your technology instead of just pulling it out of your arse at a moment's notice.
  • Discuss your actions with your fellow players. But don't meta-game.
  • It's alright to lose. The galaxy is a big place, and if you get conquered you can either re-apply, or continue as a rebel movement.

Recommended Reading

IC Link

The Nation Application

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
=====================

[b][i][u]Basic Info[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Flag/National Emblem:[/b]
[b]Territory:[/b]  (Edit the map, or give me a good description.)
[b]Capital World and City:[/b] (If applicable)
=====================

[b][i][u]Military Info[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Military Doctrine:[/b] (What tactics does your military use when in combat? What kind of unit does it prioritize?)
[b]Peacetime Personnel Size :[/b]
[b]Wartime Personnel Size :[/b] (Peacetime + Mobilization)
[b]# Of Spaceships:[/b]
[b]Spaceship Classes:[/b]
[b]Primary Personal Weapon:[/b]
[b]Star Ship Weaponry:[/b]
[b]Star Ship Designation:[/b]
======================

[u][i][b]Economy Info[/b][/i][/u]
[b]Description:[/b]
======================

[i][u][b]Government Info[/b][/u][/i]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[b]Description of Government:[/b]
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Head of Government:[/b]
[b]Upper House of Legislature:[/b]
[b]Lower House of Legislature:[/b]
[b]Ruling Political Party:[/b] (If applicable)
[b]Major Political Parties:[/b] (If applicable)
======================

[i][u][b]Additional Info[/b][/u][/i]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Culture:[/b]
[b]Notes:[/b]
[b]RP Sample/Example:[/b]

429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Non-State Actor Application (For corporations/raider groups/traders/etc.)
Code: Select all
[b]Group Name:[/b]
=====================

[b][i][u]Basic Info[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Population:[/b] (Number of people in the group.)
[b]Flag/National Emblem:[/b]
[b]Operation Area:[/b]  (Give me a good description.)
[b]Capital World and City:[/b] (If applicable)
=====================

[i][u][b]Organization Info[/b][/u][/i]
[b]Organization Type:[/b]
[b]Description of Organization:[/b]
[b]Head of Organization:[/b]
====================

[b][i][u]Military Info[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Military Doctrine:[/b] (What tactics does your group use when in combat?)
[b]Personnel Size :[/b]
[b]# Of Spaceships:[/b]
[b]Spaceship Classes:[/b]
[b]Primary Personal Weapon:[/b]
[b]Star Ship Weaponry:[/b]
[b]Star Ship Designation:[/b]
======================

[u][i][b]Economy Info[/b][/i][/u]
[b]Description:[/b]
======================

[i][u][b]Additional Info[/b][/u][/i]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Goals:[/b]
[b]Notes:[/b]
[b]RP Sample/Example:[/b]
Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:13 pm

This may or may not have been up before... as I'm fairly sure I read this same OOC yesterday.

Can I make a suggestion;

You have a lot of reading required in this RP. Could you perhaps add a summery of the setting.

A summery to follow the lines "Now, before we get to the apps, I'd like to give you some info on the setting, 'cause I'd rather not just have people guessing about everything"

From what I can gather everyone is human, and the once great Human expanse has shattered into various states; is this correct?
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Deian salazar wrote:I may apply later but:
Damn, that was a depression introducting :(

Thanks, I meant it to be melancholy, but when your dealing with giant wars in space "and then it got worse" is a given.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Harbertia wrote:This may or may not have been up before... as I'm fairly sure I read this same OOC yesterday.

Can I make a suggestion;

You have a lot of reading required in this RP. Could you perhaps add a summery of the setting.

A summery to follow the lines "Now, before we get to the apps, I'd like to give you some info on the setting, 'cause I'd rather not just have people guessing about everything"

From what I can gather everyone is human, and the once great Human expanse has shattered into various states; is this correct?

- Yeah, The other OP was launched at the wrong time and died too soon, but that was a while ago.

- Will probably do.

- That's what the Technology section is for.

- Not really, basically Humanity expanded into the Solar System, fought a massive war when resources ran low, and that war ended with everyone running out of the resources to make war. Then, everyone not dead escaped to the stars with FTL. Now we are following the tale of the colonies, after they have risen to above their former height.

Deian salazar wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:Thanks, I meant it to be melancholy, but when your dealing with giant wars in space "and then it got worse" is a given.

Meh I'll join tomorrow(Cannot apply correctly on my 3DS) but can you reserve one of the 3 great powers for me please?

Those are really important, and I'd like to have the Great Powers active, so no, sorry.
Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Kanaria
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanaria » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:22 pm

I may come back as my main, another country, or this nation. I have a lot of time restrictions most days, at least for the next month. Though I am constructing a very, very small narrative...

Federal Republic of Kanaria-
57 federal entities, 863.2 million people, $40.67 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.38. North Pacific, 1,500 miles west of San Fransisco.

Federal Republic of Kanaria- 57 federal entities, $154 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.39. Northern Ruson, Arctic/Anican/Pacific Ocean, 69 lightyears from San Fransisco, Chi Eridani system.
Liberal
Federalist
Republican
Democrat
Statist
Cishet male

American
And silly rabbit, Kanaria's a caliphate.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Kanaria wrote:I may come back as my main, another country, or this nation. I have a lot of time restrictions most days, at least for the next month. Though I am constructing a very, very small narrative...

Fine by me.

What is the narrative, if I may ask?
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Deian salazar wrote:I can be active on my 3DS and even more on Weekends, I just cannot copy and paste stuff, post images, do the "select all" code thing, and my 3DS has a character limit per every post so I wouldn't be able to quote your entire post and do it, but I can at school tomorrow, and a 3DS can make decent sized posts, just not as long as your OP post.

If that clarfies things and is acceptable, I'd appreciate it, but if I still cannot be a Great power than ok, though I'd like to I won't pester ya. :)

Yeah, sorry, I'm gonna have to nix the reservation of GPs without an actual WIP app.
Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Tag.

Can you reserve one of the three great powers for me?
Last edited by Stormwrath on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Stormwrath wrote:Tag.

Possibly. I'm gonna need a WIP app though.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Reserve a powers app. Have a WIP app up in a second
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby The NAR » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Nation Name: Galactic Alliance
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 71,000,000,000
Flag/National Emblem:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/046/3/7/space_alliance_flag_by_milosandric-d39lkf2.png

Territory:
http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/70/69893/Galaxy_Map_before_ME3.jpg
Inner Council Space and Earth-Alliance Space

Capital World and City: Elysium, and a city called Thessia
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: The Alliance has a massive military, which is advanced and powerful.
Peacetime Personnel Size :
Wartime Personnel Size : (Peacetime + Mobilization)
# Of Spaceships:
Spaceship Classes:
Primary Personal Weapon:
Star Ship Weaponry:
Star Ship Designation:
======================

Economy Info
Description:
======================

Government Info
Government Type:
Description of Government:
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Upper House of Legislature:
Lower House of Legislature:
Ruling Political Party: (If applicable)
Major Political Parties: (If applicable)
======================

Additional Info
History:
Culture:
Notes:
RP Sample/Example:

Last edited by The NAR on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Tag.

Possibly. I'm gonna need a WIP app though.

Could I also reserve one?

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Awesome! Here is my app:

Nation Name: The Perseid Federation
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 82 billion (rough estimate)
Flag/National Emblem: http://i.imgur.com/9BHEuoO.png
Territory: Most of the Alpha Quadrant section of the Perseus Arm.
Capital World and City: Ridomaria, Elise
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: The Perseid Federation Armed Forces focuses on self-sustainability in order to outlast the enemy. Ships of the PFAF have automated mobile factories to churn out its complement of small combat spacecraft and ammunition, depending on the materials the ship is carrying. It utilizes advanced technological capabilities in its armed forces to maintain its edge over other foreign powers in the area. Shock tactics and unorthodox methods of warfare are prefered by the Perseids when engaging in wars against other powers, but they will use attrition if necessary.

Crews on Perseid ships are small due to the proliferation of automated systems and artificial intelligence. Nevertheless, there are still occupations on the ships that require a human touch such as sick bay surgeons, soldiers and battle planners.
Peacetime Personnel Size : 2 billion (rough estimate)
Wartime Personnel Size : 4 billion (rough estimate)
# Of Spaceships: 1,849 military ships, 3,266 civilian ships, 394 transport ships
Spaceship Classes:
  • Andromeda-class battlecruiser
  • Medusa-class supercarrier
  • Pannasias-class carrier
  • Cepheus-class heavy cruiser
  • Constellation-class cruiser
  • Blizzard-class destroyer
  • Havana-class frigate
  • Amazon-class stealth frigate
  • Fortitude-class corvette
  • Winter-class stealth corvette
Primary Personal Weapon: The Perseid Federation's primary personal weapon is the D22 Assault Rifle, which is a gauss rifle that can fire 1100 rounds per minute. Its magazine can hold up to 36 cartridge rounds.
Star Ship Weaponry: The Perseid capital ships make use of the Magnetic Acceleration cannon for its main offensive armament. All ships however, have at least several ship-to-ship missiles, rocket pods, rotary pulse cannons, and at least two railgun turrets. They also have a complement of space marines and combat spacecraft for defense or for assaults on celestial bodies such as planets or moons.
Star Ship Designation: PFXS
======================

Economy Info
Description: The Perseid Federation's economic system is that of a mixed capitalist economy. While it respects free enterprise, the government partially regulates the market to prevent corporations from having too much influence in its direction. The Perseid economy is known for being mildly protectionist in trade.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Federal Republic with Semi-Direct Democracy
Description of Government: The Perseid Federation's government is comprised of a legislative branch (Perseid Audience), an executive branch (President and his cabinet) and a judicial branch (Perseid High Court), each with their respective functions. Citizens can propose changes to the constitution or call for a referendum held on any law voted by the Audience.
Head of State: President Daniel Molina
Head of Government: President Daniel Molina
Upper House of Legislature: House of Consuls
Lower House of Legislature: House of Representatives
======================

Additional Info
History: After the desolation of the Sol System, a group of colonizers departed in the direction of the constellation Cygnus. These colonists arrived at the planet Elise, and began to settle there. Making use of artificial uteri, the colony's population grew rapidly in size, which resulted in a resource crisis causing several revolts against the government in Ridomaria. Knowing this, the government hastily began to construct colony ships to colonize the worlds around to relieve Elise of its population problem. Currently the Perseid Federation has control of around 1,200 worlds, including small outposts and settlements, according to the last survey conducted by the Perseid Territorial Survey.
Culture: Greco-Roman
Notes: n/a
RP Sample/Example:

Last edited by Stormwrath on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Non-human-able?
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Deian salazar wrote:Sorry, I have a tendency to love to be the strongest :/ :oops:

This is why the guys at MF don't take you kindly these days.

Eh, it's alright to lose because it gives you the opportunity to bounce back.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Kanaria wrote:I may come back as my main, another country, or this nation. I have a lot of time restrictions most days, at least for the next month. Though I am constructing a very, very small narrative...

Fine by me.

What is the narrative, if I may ask?

It's about a nation of pioneers who run a militaristic yet democratic nation out of fear of a larger superpower and the need to protect themselves. They look to space as a way to gain the upper hand over their disproportionately more influential and stronger enemy- and more resources for their war machine so it can keep defending them, it's stripping everything out of the ground.
The superpower could be one of the three Great Powers and the nation a rebellious colony that narrowly avoided total devastation when it violently parted with said superpower. Or they could just be encountering each other for the first time. I'm not sure whether to go planetary or continental with the pioneer country in size terms.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:22 pm

I've reserved a superpower

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:26 pm

The NAR wrote:I've reserved a superpower

See my previous posts on the subject. No app, no reservation.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
The NAR wrote:I've reserved a superpower

See my previous posts on the subject. No app, no reservation.

I already have a WIP app...

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:28 pm

The NAR wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:See my previous posts on the subject. No app, no reservation.

I already have a WIP app...

Didn't see it, my bad.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:39 pm

Would it be possible to be a secondary power?

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:48 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Would it be possible to be a secondary power?

Yeah. Only the "big three" get a special name.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Would it be possible to be a secondary power?

Yeah. Only the "big three" get a special name.

Awesome.

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Are non-humans allowed?
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Just bumping this here for reservation of great power. If you feel like I'm nagging at you, I'm apologize.
Stormwrath wrote:Nation Name: The Perseid Federation
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 82 billion (rough estimate)
Flag/National Emblem: http://i.imgur.com/9BHEuoO.png
Territory: Most of the Alpha Quadrant section of the Perseus Arm.
Capital World and City: Ridomaria, Elise
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: The Perseid Federation Armed Forces focuses on self-sustainability in order to outlast the enemy. Ships of the PFAF have automated mobile factories to churn out its complement of small combat spacecraft and ammunition, depending on the materials the ship is carrying. It utilizes advanced technological capabilities in its armed forces to maintain its edge over other foreign powers in the area. Shock tactics and unorthodox methods of warfare are prefered by the Perseids when engaging in wars against other powers, but they will use attrition if necessary.

Crews on Perseid ships are small due to the proliferation of automated systems and artificial intelligence. Nevertheless, there are still occupations on the ships that require a human touch such as sick bay surgeons, soldiers and battle planners.
Peacetime Personnel Size : 2 billion (rough estimate)
Wartime Personnel Size : 4 billion (rough estimate)
# Of Spaceships: 1,849 military ships, 3,266 civilian ships, 394 transport ships
Spaceship Classes:
  • Andromeda-class battlecruiser
  • Medusa-class supercarrier
  • Pannasias-class carrier
  • Cepheus-class heavy cruiser
  • Constellation-class cruiser
  • Blizzard-class destroyer
  • Havana-class frigate
  • Amazon-class stealth frigate
  • Fortitude-class corvette
  • Winter-class stealth corvette
Primary Personal Weapon: The Perseid Federation's primary personal weapon is the D22 Assault Rifle, which is a gauss rifle that can fire 1100 rounds per minute. Its magazine can hold up to 36 cartridge rounds.
Star Ship Weaponry: The Perseid capital ships make use of the Magnetic Acceleration cannon for its main offensive armament. All ships however, have at least several ship-to-ship missiles, rocket pods, rotary pulse cannons, and at least two railgun turrets. They also have a complement of space marines and combat spacecraft for defense or for assaults on celestial bodies such as planets or moons.
Star Ship Designation: PFXS
======================

Economy Info
Description: The Perseid Federation's economic system is that of a mixed capitalist economy. While it respects free enterprise, the government partially regulates the market to prevent corporations from having too much influence in its direction. The Perseid economy is known for being mildly protectionist in trade.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Federal Republic with Semi-Direct Democracy
Description of Government: The Perseid Federation's government is comprised of a legislative branch (Perseid Audience), an executive branch (President and his cabinet) and a judicial branch (Perseid High Court), each with their respective functions. Citizens can propose changes to the constitution or call for a referendum held on any law voted by the Audience.
Head of State: President Daniel Molina
Head of Government: President Daniel Molina
Upper House of Legislature: House of Consuls
Lower House of Legislature: House of Representatives
======================

Additional Info
History: After the desolation of the Sol System, a group of colonizers departed in the direction of the constellation Cygnus. These colonists arrived at the planet Elise, and began to settle there. Making use of artificial uteri, the colony's population grew rapidly in size, which resulted in a resource crisis causing several revolts against the government in Ridomaria. Knowing this, the government hastily began to construct colony ships to colonize the worlds around to relieve Elise of its population problem. Currently the Perseid Federation has control of around 1,200 worlds, including small outposts and settlements, according to the last survey conducted by the Perseid Territorial Survey.
Culture: Greco-Roman
Notes: n/a
RP Sample/Example:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse