NATION

PASSWORD

The Purasian Diplomatic Forum (MT/INVITE ONLY)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

How should the Pindians respond to the terrorist attacks?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:18 pm

Peaceful Negotiations and Concessions.
17%
Track down and arrest suspects. But do not use violence.
17%
Work with other countries in a coordinated effort to find the cause of the attacks.
33%
POLICE BRUTALITY! POLICE BRUTALITY!
No votes
Raise Military Spending to 100% of GDP and invade all neighbours.
8%
Launch 100000000000000 nukes in all directions, hoping to hit the terrorists.
17%
I for one, welcome our new homicidal overlords. :).
8%

Total votes : 12

BFU
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Purasian Diplomatic Forum (MT/INVITE ONLY)

Postby BFU » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Welcome invited nations! This is a place where Purasian politics can be freely discussed and instead of factbooks and dispatches, will hopefully become the place where all international events are posted.

Invited nations:

Nations of the Nexus Route Alliance
Nations of the The Dual Continental Alliance
Nations of the The Kingdom of Pindai
Nations of the The Purasian Commonwelath
Former Nations of The Glorious Confederacy

"Total Purasian Military Spending Should Increase:

Yes: 3 votes (23%)
Yes, but the increases should be small and gradual: 1 vote (8%)
Yes, military spending should be increased, but in other countries, as we already spend enough in ours: 2 votes (15%)
No: 1 vote (8%)
No, we should DECREASE military spending: 3 votes (23%)
Only for my alliance/nation. Everyone else can bog off. Lulz: 3 votes (23%)
Last edited by BFU on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Category:Moralistic Democracy
Economy:Frightening
Civil Rights:Good
Political Freedoms:Average

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

Exchange Rate: S$ (Silver Credit) = 0.9342 USD
GDP: See economy pages
Inflation: 7.01%
Unemployment: 7%

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Excellent. I'm glad we are friendly enough to even have this dialogue. I've flown in a group of FM citizens, randomly selected. They have several questions for each of the regions/nations here. But, before we begin, I'd like to ask if anyone ahas any questions for the FPPCIE, FM, or DuCont territory, feel free to ask. I'll answer as freely as
My Board of International Relations
I possibly can.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?

Pro Israel, Pro Traditional Morals, Pro Life

Born Again Christian And Proud Of It.

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:57 pm

Questions for FPPCIE/DuCont:

What are the aims of FPPCIE foreign policy at the present time?

What do you have to say about the earlier alleged remarks made about the intention of DuCont? ("Ferus and I made an alliance against Pinda and Boba")

Does the statement in Article 3 of the treaty ("authorises on any military/civilian targets") mean that the FPPCIE would endorse genocide committed by its allies as it did before?

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:08 pm

BFU wrote:Questions for FPPCIE/DuCont:

What do you have to say about the earlier alleged remarks made about the intention of DuCont? ("Ferus and I made an alliance against Pinda and Boba")

Does the statement in Article 3 of the treaty ("authorises on any military/civilian targets") mean that the FPPCIE would endorse genocide committed by its allies as it did before?

The Grand CEO nervously glances at this advisors. They nod and all give two thumbs up.
"Well, our foreign policy through the years has always been pretty much the same. Scare everyone else into peace. Nowadays, we see a more practical approach. A thorough alliance system and interregional communication promote FeruMavian values such as Economic Prosperity, Peace, and Freedom for all who stand with us.

As for the previously mentioned statement, we like to account for overzealousness of our allies. DuCont poses no threat to anyone as long as our ideals and territory our respected and unchallenged.

We do not endorse genocide, but we realize that in times of war, often the fastest way to peace is unfortunately the loss of life, non-discriminant of job, age, or anything else.

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:15 pm

FPPCIE wrote:
BFU wrote:Questions for FPPCIE/DuCont:

The Grand CEO nervously glances at this advisors. They nod and all give two thumbs up.
"Well, our foreign policy through the years has always been pretty much the same. Scare everyone else into peace. Nowadays, we see a more practical approach. A thorough alliance system and interregional communication promote FeruMavian values such as Economic Prosperity, Peace, and Freedom for all who stand with us.

As for the previously mentioned statement, we like to account for overzealousness of our allies. DuCont poses no threat to anyone as long as our ideals and territory our respected and unchallenged.

We do not endorse genocide, but we realize that in times of war, often the fastest way to peace is unfortunately the loss of life, non-discriminant of job, age, or anything else.
The interviewers were satisfied with the first two responses... for the most part. However the same couldn't be said for the third answer. They asked: "But surely, like any civilised country, the taking of innocent life is a last resort is it not? As a member of the World Assembly nations like yours must stand at the forefront of the opposition to genocide, whatever the justifications may be."

After the above question is addressed. You may ask any questions you like about the BFU.
Last edited by BFU on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 pm

BFU wrote:
FPPCIE wrote:

The interviewers were satisfied with the first two responses... for the most part. However the same couldn't be said for the third answer. They asked: "But surely, like any civilised country, the taking of innocent life is a last resort is it not? As a member of the World Assembly nations like yours must stand at the forefront of the opposition to genocide, whatever the justifications may be."

After the above question is addressed. You may ask any questions you like about the BFU.

A college student from Profitia majoring in Infrastrucutre development stumbled to the microphone.

"Um, like, my question is about, like, the Invictus Wall. Like, what every happened to that?"
A political analyst for one of the FPPCIE's leading newspapers followed.

"Are there any reactionary alliances for the BFU in the works?"

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:55 pm

The Invictus Wall, which runs across the Pindian and FPPCIE borders , still stands. However, the King's spending cuts mean that the garrisons on the walls have been reduced from 125,000 to 75,000 . Of course, as the country is in a state of mobilisation now, that number is far higher at the moment. As you know The Invictus Wall used to have three lines of forts/defenses, but this was too expensive and so now it only has two.

We're not sure what you mean by reactionary alliances (if you could elaborate a bit more that'd be great). But the jingoistic Nationalist movement has quite a large following at the moment and the Communists are operating abroad.
Last edited by BFU on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:21 pm

BFU wrote:The Invictus Wall, which runs across the Pindian and FPPCIE borders , still stands. However, the King's spending cuts mean that the garrisons on the walls have been reduced from 125,000 to 75,000 . Of course, as the country is in a state of mobilisation now, that number is far higher at the moment. As you know The Invictus Wall used to have three lines of forts/defenses, but this was too expensive and so now it only has two.

We're not sure what you mean by reactionary alliances (if you could elaborate a bit more that'd be great). But the jingoistic Nationalist movement has quite a large following at the moment and the Communists are operating abroad.

I mean alliances that are being create as a direct result of The DuCont Alliance?

And why are you mobilized?

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:30 pm

FPPCIE wrote:
BFU wrote:The Invictus Wall, which runs across the Pindian and FPPCIE borders , still stands. However, the King's spending cuts mean that the garrisons on the walls have been reduced from 125,000 to 75,000 . Of course, as the country is in a state of mobilisation now, that number is far higher at the moment. As you know The Invictus Wall used to have three lines of forts/defenses, but this was too expensive and so now it only has two.

I mean alliances that are being create as a direct result of The DuCont Alliance?

In direct result of the DuCont? The answer to that would be no. Agreements with other nations have been in the works, that the BFU will acknowledge, but negotiations started before DuCont was even created. The creation of DuCont sped up the process of these agreements however.

The BFU is mobilised because it believes there are threats to its safety. The King may or may not gear this mobilisation down.
Last edited by BFU on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:36 pm

BFU wrote:
FPPCIE wrote:

In direct result of the DuCont? The answer to that would be no. Agreements (regarding various topics) with other nations have been in the works, that the BFU will acknowledge, but negotiations started before DuCont was even created. The creation of DuCont sped up the process of these agreements however.

The BFU is mobilised because it believes there are threats to its safety. The King may or may not gear this mobilisation down.

Would the DuCont alliance be considered a Threat?

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:43 pm

FPPCIE wrote:
BFU wrote: In direct result of the DuCont? The answer to that would be no. Agreements (regarding various topics) with other nations have been in the works, that the BFU will acknowledge, but negotiations started before DuCont was even created. The creation of DuCont sped up the process of these agreements however.

The BFUian Military and Economists have made an assessment on the DuCont alliance... The results of their investigations have yet to be finalised.
Last edited by BFU on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:00 pm

BFU wrote:
FPPCIE wrote:

The BFUian Military and Economists have made an assessment on the DuCont alliance... The results of their investigations have yet to be finalised.

Wise answer.

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:01 pm

FPPCIE wrote:
BFU wrote: The BFUian Military and Economists have made an assessment on the DuCont alliance... The results of their investigations have yet to be finalised.

Wise answer.
What exactly are you implying?

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:40 pm

BFU wrote:
FPPCIE wrote:

Wise answer.
What exactly are you implying?

Nothing at all. How can we work together to make sure DuCont is seen as non threatening?
Last edited by FPPCIE on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:40 pm

FPPCIE wrote:
BFU wrote: What exactly are you implying?

Nothing at all. How can we work together to make sure DuCont is seen as non threatening?

That is hard to answer. Like I said, we are still reviewing our investigations. Still in the meantime, His Majesty has... a strange offer. As you know the BFU clashed with Canisiuso not too long ago. After communication problems the war ground to a halt. However to this day no treaty was ever signed. As a result, we would like to offer the FPPCIE a deal that will finally settle this matter. To truly show that our two countries are serious about building good relations despite our checkered history.

- Both countries will pay compensation to families affected by the execution of POWs and casualties in the ensuing war.
- A mass will be held in the new BFUian Cathedral in memory of those who died before and during the Canisiuso war.
- The person who ordered the executions (we assume former Canisiuso Leader) which sparked the crisis will publicly apologise for his/her grievous sin. Preferably this person should be tried for his crime to show true repentance and wish for rapprochement.
Last edited by BFU on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:35 pm

BFU wrote:
FPPCIE wrote:

That is hard to answer. Like I said, we are still reviewing our investigations. Still in the meantime, His Majesty has... a strange offer. As you know the BFU clashed with Canisiuso not too long ago. After communication problems the war ground to a halt. However to this day no treaty was ever signed. As a result, we would like to offer the FPPCIE a deal that will finally settle this matter. To truly show that our two countries are serious about building good relations despite our checkered history.

- Both countries will pay compensation to families affected by the execution of POWs and casualties in the ensuing war.
- A mass will be held in the new BFUian Cathedral in memory of those who died before and during the Canisiuso war.
- The person who ordered the executions (we assume former Canisiuso Leader) which sparked the crisis will publicly apologise for his/her grievous sin. Preferably this person should be tried for his crime to show true repentance and wish for rapprochement.

The Grand CEO sees nothing wrong with these terms. But, the only thing he asks, is why not an execution of Canisiuso's former leader, Emperor Petro Canisiuso IX? Surely it would be easier than a trial. Of course, it's all up to you.

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:30 am

FPPCIE wrote:
BFU wrote:That is hard to answer. Like I said, we are still reviewing our investigations. Still in the meantime, His Majesty has... a strange offer. As you know the BFU clashed with Canisiuso not too long ago. After communication problems the war ground to a halt. However to this day no treaty was ever signed. As a result, we would like to offer the FPPCIE a deal that will finally settle this matter. To truly show that our two countries are serious about building good relations despite our checkered history.

The Grand CEO sees nothing wrong with these terms. But, the only thing he asks, is why not an execution of Canisiuso's former leader, Emperor Petro Canisiuso IX? Surely it would be easier than a trial. Of course, it's all up to you.
There are some people in His Majesty's court who feel the same way. However, the right to free trial is one of the BFU's proudest traditions & only terrorists are denied that right. Therefore, the Emperor shall be tried in one of our courts as soon as it is possible.

If you have any other BFU related questions, feel free to ask them now.

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

Pindian Republic
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pindian Republic » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:36 am

The Pindian Council has selected a representative to attend diplomatic meetings like these for the Pindian Republic. This representative is now present on this Diplomatic Meeting.

FPPCIE
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby FPPCIE » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:40 am

A national manhunt is underway for the Emperor. Gave us a slip it seems. But, I'm sure we'll find him before the day is out. A question for all of us: There has been a recent spike in nationalism in FeruMavian teens after the popular rock song "We're the Purest in the World" by the band Crush the Opposition. This generation was the one to grow up during the GC-FM War, and as you know, their generation was one to receive very heavy amounts of propagand. Now as they are maturing, and forming their own views, the teens have a frightening worldview. In a recent poll sent around FM schools asking for the teenager worldview the results were as follows.
1. Profitism is the only valid and true political ideal.
2. The revival of Nova Roma is inevitable.
3. The BFU is an aggressive power that only wants territory.
4. The PR is a useless nation that contributes nothing to the world, therefore all Pindians need to be cleansed.
5. A Revival of Former FPPCIE glory is needed.

Normally, if it was a small enough group, I would simply eliminate the problem all together, but 37% of the 42, 857, 000 teens hold these views. What would be a non-violent way to handle this? "Re-Education" Camps? Counter-Brainwashing? I would appreciate all of your opinions, but I know the PR is a leading force for education in Purasia, so I assume they would have the best answer.

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:11 am

Here's what you were asking for.

Code: Select all
[floatright][box][center][b][nation]Pindian Republic[/nation][/b]
[hr]

[img]https://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/pindian_republic__57680.png[/img]
[hr]

[b]Motto: [/b] Peace through equality.
[hr]

[b]Population:[/b]
[b]-Density:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Capital:[/b]
[b]Largest City:[/b] 
[hr]

[b]Official Languages:[/b] English, French, Breton.
[hr]
[b]National Language:[/b] English
[hr]
[b]Demonym:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Government[/b]
- Head of State:
- Prime Minister:
- Deputy Prime Minister:
- Chief Justice:
[hr]

[b]Legislature[/b]:
- Upper House:
-Lower House:
[hr]

[b]Establishment:[/b] from
Independence (date):
[hr]

[b]GDP (nominal):[/b] 4.51 trillion
[b]GDP (nominal) per capita:[/b] 23,367
[hr]

[b]Human Development Index:[/b] 0.710
[hr]

[b]Currency:[/b] Silver Credit
[hr]

[b]Time Zone:[/b] GMT
[hr]

[b]Drives on the:[/b] Left
[hr]

[/center]

[/box][/floatright]

The Pacifist State of the Pindian Republic (commonly called the Pindian Republic), is a republic in Purasia. It is bordered on the north by @@@, on the south by @@@, by the east by @@@ and on the west by @@@. The Pindian Republic covers @@@ square kilometers and has has an estimated population of @@@.

[floatleft][box][center]Contents[/center]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hist]1 History[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Geo]2 Geography[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Demo]3 Demographics[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Pop]4.1 Population[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Lan]4.2 Language[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Govt]5 Government[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#FRM]5.1 Foreign Relations and Military[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Econ]6 Economy[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Cult]7 Culture[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Infra]8 Infrastructure[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Energy]8.1 Energy[/url]
[/box][/floatleft]

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Hist]History[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

@@@

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Geo]Geography[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

@@@

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Demo]Demographics[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

@@@

[b][u][anchor=Pop]Population[/anchor][/b][/u]

@@@

[u][b][anchor=Lan]Language[/anchor][/b][/u]

@@@

[u][b][anchor=Reli]Religion[/anchor][/b][/u]

@@@

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Govt]Government[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

@@@

[b][u][anchor=FRM]Foreign Relations and Military[/anchor][/b][/u]

@@@

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Econ]Economy[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

[floatright][box]
[center][b][u]Economic Indicators[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Currency:[/b]
[hr][u]
[b]GDP (nominal):[/b]
[b]GDP (nominal) per capita:[/b]
[b]Labor Force:[/b]
[b]Unemployment:[/b]
[/floatright][/box]

@@@

[size=150][b][u][anchor=Infra]Infrastructure[/anchor][/size][/b][/u]
[/u]
@@@

[b][u][anchor=Energy]Energy[/anchor][/b][/u]

@@@

[size=190][b]@@@[/b][/size] = To be added/expanded.

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

Gourmand
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gourmand » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:42 am

A fat, small man entered the room with a walking cane in hand. He carelessly ignored the "no smoking" and called a meekish slave to fetch his cigars while another found a comfy pillow so that he could sit down. "Find me a pillow worth more than 5 million dollars that I can sit on! Come on now chop chop!

"Attention FPPCIE! Gourmand has a solution to your teen problems! You (the Grand CEO) yourself are the cause for their brainwashing. Therefore you must change their ways. Publicly denounce them and say that they are wrong. Also, while you're at it you can arrest any teen who doesn't cooperate and send them to Gourmandian schools. Trust me, it'll set those brats straight. They'll be out in two weeks and totally different people! Productive and docile."

He turned to the rest of the representatives... "Now... what do all you economic basket cases want to ask the prosperous Gourmand?"
Last edited by Gourmand on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Siblings
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Siblings » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:14 pm

The poll needs an option saying, "Yes, military spending should be increased, but in other countries, as we already spend enough in ours."

BFU
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby BFU » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:21 pm

The Siblings wrote:The poll needs an option saying, "Yes, military spending should be increased, but in other countries, as we already spend enough in ours."
Done.

Military
Military Size:

Economy:

Pindian Republic
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pindian Republic » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:50 pm

The Siblings wrote:The poll needs an option saying, "Yes, military spending should be increased, but in other countries, as we already spend enough in ours."

But why would you want other countries to increase military spending?

I don't think it's a surprise what option I went with.

Newan
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Newan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:53 pm

The Empire of Newan will continue spending on military whenever needed. Though recent events have called for increase to Education and other less funded areas.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information