NATION

PASSWORD

Chain Issue: An International Incident

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7571
Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Chain Issue: An International Incident

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:21 am

Trotterdam wrote:Annnd that's the last one. Thanks, y'all!

I figure it's time to come out of lurking and share what I've been working on during that time: a complete walkthrough of all options on the issue chain.

Here you go. Enjoy!

#387 [An International Incident] Diamonds Are An Expat's Best Friend!
1. the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan [leads to #388]
2. the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers [leads to #389]

#388 [An International Incident] Napalm in the Morning
1. troop transports blacken the sky as the military commences Operation Desert Ocean [leads to #390]
2. carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population [leads to #397]

#389 [An International Incident] Sanctions, Sanctions Everywhere!
1. toilet paper is considered a non-essential item in the embargo against Brasilistan [leads to #391]
2. the nation's coasts have been left unprotected while the entire navy sits in Brasilistani waters [leads to #392]
3. a new Brasilistani government has become a daily report on the main evening news [leads to #390]

#390 [An International Incident] An Unstable Situation
1. the nation's armed forces are recruiting thousands to help colonise Brasilistan [leads to #405]
2. nation-building is the new national pastime [leads to #395]

#391 [An International Incident] The Third Horseman of Brasilistan
1. the government is spending more on exports to Brasilistan than it's receiving from tariffs on the imports [leads to #396]
2. Brasilistan has been announced as the nation's newest colony [leads to #405]

#392 [An International Incident] A Pirate Problem
1. the might of the nation's air force has been deployed against people with sticks in boats [leads to #393]
2. nations around the region are recognising Gingerbeard as the new leader of Brasilistan [leads to #395]

#393 [An International Incident] A Naval Conundrum
1. the navy is playing the part of pirate hunter [end chain]
2. expensive show trials reveal the harshness of the nation's justice system [end chain]
3. hundreds of Brasilistani pirates are sent forcibly to Davy Jones' locker [end chain]

#395 [An International Incident] Growing Pains
1. the nation has abandoned Brasilistan to its fate [end chain]
2. selling bombs to terrorists has become government policy [end chain]
3. the nation's people have woken up to find themselves colonial masters of Brasilistan [leads to #405]

#396 [An International Incident] Is It Brie You're Looking For?
1. soldiers are now trained how to make sandwiches properly [end chain]
2. food shipments to Brasilistan have been replaced with DIY fishing rods and unintelligible instruction manuals [end chain]
3. the destitute in Brasilistan forlornly wait in vain at docks for food shipments that will never arrive [end chain]

#397 [An International Incident] Select Your Target!
1. the nation's air missiles have killed thousands of Brasilistan military personnel [leads to #399]
2. claims of genocide have been levied against the nation by international observers [leads to #398]
3. @@REGION@@ holds its breath as nuclear warfare is being seriously considered [leads to #406]

#398 [An International Incident] Why Did You Do That?
1. Brasilistan's industrial base is being quickly decimated [leads to #399]
2. the airforce has intensified its bombings of hospitals and schools in Brasilistan [leads to #401]
3. the international community waits with bated breath as the moment of nuclear warfare comes closer [leads to #406]

#399 [An International Incident] Invasion Plan
1. the might of the nation's military are undertaking a long march to colonisation in Brasilistan [leads to #405]
2. elite teams of assassins have been sent into Brasilistan [leads to #400]
3. nuclear bases are readying themselves for missile deployment [leads to #406]

#400 [An International Incident] Insurgents Resurgence
1. 'Coloniser-in-Chief' has become @@LEADER@@'s new moniker [leads to #405]
2. the armed forces have designated 'murder teams' that root out rebels in Brasilistan [leads to #402]
3. innocent civilians in Brasilistan are evacuating the country after rumours a nuclear strike is imminent [leads to #406]

#401 [An International Incident] What's The WA Gonna Do, Anyway?
1. 'Shoot the Villager' has become a popular pastime in the nation's armed forces [leads to #403]
2. military chiefs pretend they're not at home when foreign governments call [leads to #402]
3. the manufacturing and stockpiling of nuclear weapons is on the increase [leads to #406]

#402 [An International Incident] They Surrendered... Now What?
1. captured Brasilistani POWs are staying in 5-star hotels [end chain]
2. even the family pets of Brasilistani insurgents are being put down [leads to #403]
3. soldiers in Brasilistan are reported to be AWOL as @@NAME@@ prepares to bomb the nation [leads to #406]

#403 [An International Incident] We Done Killing Yet?
1. anyone found to be unemployed is shipped off to Brasilistan with a gun and a spade [leads to #405]
2. the entire nation of Brasilistan has been designated as a nuclear testing site [leads to #406]

#405 [An International Incident] Time For A Colonyoscopy!
1. the nation has gained millions of new citizens overnight [end chain]
2. Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor [end chain]
3. "To Hell or to Marshland" is a common settler cry directed at native Brasilistanis [end chain]
4. Brasilistan is being evacuated after its designation as 'Test Zone 1 - Nuclear' [leads to #406]

#406 [An International Incident] It's The Final Countdown
1. the nation is weighing the price of victory following a nuclear strike [leads to #407]

#407 [An International Incident] Brasilistan Go Boom

The shortest possible path through the chain (without dismissing any issues) consists of 4 issues (this can be achieved in multiple ways). The longest possible path (without nuking) consists of 9 issues (this can be achieved in only one way, except for multiple choices on the very last issue). It is possible to bump this to 11 issues by waiting until the last possible moment before nuking, but that seems kind of pointless (also, these last 2 issues have one and zero options, respectively).

There are no less than 8 opportunities to nuke Brasilistan (out of 17 "real" issues), including after you've already won.

Here's the unique longest path:
#387 1: the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan
#388 2: carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population
#397 2: claims of genocide have been levied against the nation by international observers
#398 1: Brasilistan's industrial base is being quickly decimated
#399 2: elite teams of assassins have been sent into Brasilistan
#400 2: the armed forces have designated 'murder teams' that root out rebels in Brasilistan
#402 2: even the family pets of Brasilistani insurgents are being put down
#403 1: anyone found to be unemployed is shipped off to Brasilistan with a gun and a spade
#405 4. Brasilistan is being evacuated after its designation as 'Test Zone 1 - Nuclear'
#406 1. the nation is weighing the price of victory following a nuclear strike
#407 Brasilistan Go Boom

There are five main "endings" for the story:
#393 (piracy broke out, you defeated the pirates, now what to do with them?)
#395 (put native Brasilistanis in charge of their nation and hope they don't mess up too much)
#396 (Brasilistani economy collapsed, so now you're sending food aid)
#402 (you broke the opposition with extreme brutality, then accepted surrender)
#405 (conquer Brasilistan outright)
Or you can nuke them.


So, I just got the Issue "Diamonds are an Expat's Best Friend!", the first issue in the "An International Incident" chain.

According to Sanctaria, every decision affects where the issue will go from here, and I will only get this issue once.

Naturally, I'm a little hesitant to make a choice. Here's the issue in question:

Diamonds Are An Expat's Best Friend!

Issue Series
“An International Incident”

The Issue:

Media outlets have been buzzing about the thousands of children abducted from their remote villages across the exotic nation of Brasilistan, suspected to have been carried out on the order of their own government. Reports are coming in that the abducted children have been sent underground to mine for diamonds, Brasilistan's most precious resource, but military intelligence suggests that some young Excidian citizens living there have fallen to the same fate.

The Debate:

"The Brasilistani government have been pursuing aggressive and provoking policies for years, especially in their attempts to annex their neighbour Marche Noir. Now they're abducting and holding hostage not only their own children, but citizens of other countries!" booms General Heather McAlpin, slamming her fist on the conference table and urgently gesturing to a map on the wall. "We have sat idly by and now it's our people over there waking up in the middle of the night to bombs and soldiers destroying their homes! Leader, we must marshal our forces and intervene with the only language the Brasilistani seem to understand - violence!"


"The good general is surely exaggerating the threat here." Zack Jones, one of your trusted advisers responds calmly while drinking his tea. "Brasilistan is our foremost diamond trade partner, so we must approach the situation with diplomacy and targeted efforts. A knee-jerk military response is the worst thing we could possibly do here. I am confident that with some juicy incentives, the Brasilistani government will discover their error and immediately release our citizens."

Dismiss This Issue

Issue by: The Immortal Shogunate and Affiliated Territories of Reploid Productions
Editor: Sanctaria


Has anyone else gotten this yet? What options did you choose? What were the effects?
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Tue May 05, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
Zurkerx
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 7960
Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:24 am

Knowing my lovely self here, I decided to declare war on them. That will lead to how to invade them and destroy them over the course.
A Golden Civic: the New Pragmatic Libertarian.
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
Biden 2020: Vote for America
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Gunnistannezz
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Dec 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gunnistannezz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 am

I haven't received the issue yet, but I'd choose war, personally.

User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7571
Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:28 am

Gunnistannezz wrote:I haven't received the issue yet, but I'd choose war, personally.

I'm leaning towards War myself. But I just want to see the repercussions of choosing either option before I make my decision. Not really realistic, but I guess you could say my nation was looking at... the history of other nations to see what happened to them!
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
Planita
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1728
Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 am

I've invaded them and I'm rather regretting it.
Last edited by Francis Urquhart on Thurs November 29, 1990 5:11 pm, edited 45 times in total
ABOUT ME | Social Liberal and Centrist | Chinese-American | Kirby Delauter |
"Think as I Think," said a Man
"Think as I think," said a man,
"Or you are abominably wicked;
You are a toad."
And after I had thought of it,
I said, "I will, then, be a toad."
-Stephan Crane

User avatar
Jute
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13729
Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jute » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:46 am

Planita wrote:I've invaded them and I'm rather regretting it.

Why?
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...The notion that science
and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"A rejection of all philosophy is in itself philosophy."

Check out the Jutean language! Talk to me about anything. Avian air force flag (Source) Definition of atheism Is Religion Dangerous?

User avatar
Zurkerx
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 7960
Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:55 am

Jute wrote:
Planita wrote:I've invaded them and I'm rather regretting it.

Why?


I wonder too considering you only attacked military targets. I selected the one that goes after everyone. I will wait to see what happens.
A Golden Civic: the New Pragmatic Libertarian.
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
Biden 2020: Vote for America
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Planita
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1728
Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:31 am

Jute wrote:
Planita wrote:I've invaded them and I'm rather regretting it.

Why?

I'm usually very pacifist. Hence my limited intervention and the resulting pain in the ass.
Last edited by Francis Urquhart on Thurs November 29, 1990 5:11 pm, edited 45 times in total
ABOUT ME | Social Liberal and Centrist | Chinese-American | Kirby Delauter |
"Think as I Think," said a Man
"Think as I think," said a man,
"Or you are abominably wicked;
You are a toad."
And after I had thought of it,
I said, "I will, then, be a toad."
-Stephan Crane

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 26978
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:33 am

I'm waiting for somebody to take the nuclear option, personally. :P
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Ifreann wrote:Bring Reppy your signet rings, she is our Brony Queen now!

I believe in the magic of friendship, the wholly awesome bronydom, the conventions of fans,
the forgiveness of haters, the resurrection of faith in humanity, and love everlasting.

In nomine poni, et filly, et spiritus stable.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2020! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Planita
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1728
Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:34 am

Reploid Productions wrote:I'm waiting for somebody to take the nuclear option, personally. :P

Tell me
Last edited by Francis Urquhart on Thurs November 29, 1990 5:11 pm, edited 45 times in total
ABOUT ME | Social Liberal and Centrist | Chinese-American | Kirby Delauter |
"Think as I Think," said a Man
"Think as I think," said a man,
"Or you are abominably wicked;
You are a toad."
And after I had thought of it,
I said, "I will, then, be a toad."
-Stephan Crane

User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7571
Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:37 am

I have decided to go with War.
I'll post what comes out of it here for future reference.
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
Planita
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1728
Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:39 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:I have decided to go with War.
I'll post what comes out of it here for future reference.

want some hints?
Last edited by Francis Urquhart on Thurs November 29, 1990 5:11 pm, edited 45 times in total
ABOUT ME | Social Liberal and Centrist | Chinese-American | Kirby Delauter |
"Think as I Think," said a Man
"Think as I think," said a man,
"Or you are abominably wicked;
You are a toad."
And after I had thought of it,
I said, "I will, then, be a toad."
-Stephan Crane

User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7571
Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Just got the second issue, after choosing Option 1:

Napalm In The Morning

Issue Series
“An International Incident”

The Story So Far

A troubled country called Brasilistan has abducted Excidian tourists and sent them to work in diamond mines in appalling conditions. You gathered your advisers and decided the best course of action was war; immediate and violent.

The Issue

This is a grim day in the history of Excidium Planetis. Today, Excidium Planetis goes to war. All eyes are on officials in Reckoner City, waiting with bated breath to learn what form the coming conflict with Brasilistan will take.

The Debate

"We must mount a full-scale invasion," declares General Erica de Jong while jabbing at a map of Brasilistan. "We can land forces here, here, and here; and from there we can march straight on to their capital! It could cost millions of our soldiers' lives and take years, but short of nuking Brasilistan, this is the only road to victory."


"With all due respect, General, you are completely out of your mind!" Kirby Motto of the Air Force huffs. "A full on attack will decimate our troop levels! This is a land whose terrain and climate our foot soldiers are unaccustomed to. No, the best approach is clearly the tactical one. We have gathered a list of targets that can be taken out through a sustained aerial campaign. This will reduce Brasilistan's ability to wage war long before we land a single troop carrier in their territory. Why send scores of our soldiers to their deaths when we can send scores of our bombs instead?"


Dismiss This Issue

Issue by: The Immortal Shogunate and Affiliated Territories of Reploid Productions
Editor: Sanctaria
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
The Greater Aryan Race
Senator
 
Posts: 4378
Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Ah I'm leaning more towards the second option but I honestly don't know whether the first choice is any better.
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:So, uh... Is this another one of those threads where everyone is supposed to feel outraged and circle-jerk in agreement of how injust and terrible the described incident is?

Because if it is, I'm probably going to say something mean and contrary just to contradict the majority.

This nation is now IC-ly known as the Teutonic Reich.

User avatar
Gigaverse
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12722
Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:09 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:Just got the second issue, after choosing Option 1:

Napalm In The Morning

Issue Series
“An International Incident”

The Story So Far

A troubled country called Brasilistan has abducted Excidian tourists and sent them to work in diamond mines in appalling conditions. You gathered your advisers and decided the best course of action was war; immediate and violent.

The Issue

This is a grim day in the history of Excidium Planetis. Today, Excidium Planetis goes to war. All eyes are on officials in Reckoner City, waiting with bated breath to learn what form the coming conflict with Brasilistan will take.

The Debate

"We must mount a full-scale invasion," declares General Erica de Jong while jabbing at a map of Brasilistan. "We can land forces here, here, and here; and from there we can march straight on to their capital! It could cost millions of our soldiers' lives and take years, but short of nuking Brasilistan, this is the only road to victory."


"With all due respect, General, you are completely out of your mind!" Kirby Motto of the Air Force huffs. "A full on attack will decimate our troop levels! This is a land whose terrain and climate our foot soldiers are unaccustomed to. No, the best approach is clearly the tactical one. We have gathered a list of targets that can be taken out through a sustained aerial campaign. This will reduce Brasilistan's ability to wage war long before we land a single troop carrier in their territory. Why send scores of our soldiers to their deaths when we can send scores of our bombs instead?"


Dismiss This Issue

Issue by: The Immortal Shogunate and Affiliated Territories of Reploid Productions
Editor: Sanctaria

Which one will you choose?
Art-person(?). Japan liker. Cultural semi-liberal.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
token vietbong, born and raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
if i'm making fun of you, you're probably doing something unseemly to me
capable of communication in (in order of fluency) oldspeak,
vietbongistani and bonjourois (learning weebspeak at uni)

User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7571
Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:20 pm

Gigaverse wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:Just got the second issue, after choosing Option 1:

Napalm In The Morning

Issue Series
“An International Incident”

The Story So Far

A troubled country called Brasilistan has abducted Excidian tourists and sent them to work in diamond mines in appalling conditions. You gathered your advisers and decided the best course of action was war; immediate and violent.

The Issue

This is a grim day in the history of Excidium Planetis. Today, Excidium Planetis goes to war. All eyes are on officials in Reckoner City, waiting with bated breath to learn what form the coming conflict with Brasilistan will take.

The Debate

"We must mount a full-scale invasion," declares General Erica de Jong while jabbing at a map of Brasilistan. "We can land forces here, here, and here; and from there we can march straight on to their capital! It could cost millions of our soldiers' lives and take years, but short of nuking Brasilistan, this is the only road to victory."


"With all due respect, General, you are completely out of your mind!" Kirby Motto of the Air Force huffs. "A full on attack will decimate our troop levels! This is a land whose terrain and climate our foot soldiers are unaccustomed to. No, the best approach is clearly the tactical one. We have gathered a list of targets that can be taken out through a sustained aerial campaign. This will reduce Brasilistan's ability to wage war long before we land a single troop carrier in their territory. Why send scores of our soldiers to their deaths when we can send scores of our bombs instead?"


Dismiss This Issue

Issue by: The Immortal Shogunate and Affiliated Territories of Reploid Productions
Editor: Sanctaria

Which one will you choose?


Option 2. I'm an FT nation, so I figured option 2 was more in line with: "Glass the planet!"
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7571
Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 am

Alright, time for THE NUCLEAR OPTION!

Select Your Target!

Issue Series
“An International Incident”

The Story So Far

Your government's response to overtures of aggression from the Brasilistanis has been to bomb specific high-level, valuable assets in the nation.

The Issue

Having decided to launch a tactical strike on Brasilistan, your military advisors have drawn up a list of different targets, each ranging in terms of severity and civilian casulties.

The Debate

Admiral Nelson Wellington presents you with a file first. "This is an aerial view map of Western Brasilistan. We have circled in red key armament factories, military bases, and a military airport. Eliminating these targets will not only harm the enemy's ability to mobilise an effective retaliatory attack, but it also makes it easier for us to land troops on the west coast. The impact on civilians will be minimal."

"That won't be enough", Air Marshal George W. Mistletoe says firmly. "Here is a map of the same region, but as you can see our targets are much more crucial to Brasilistan's infrastructure. Give the go ahead and my pilots will unleash their bombs on the city itself. There is a 100% chance of high civilian casualties, but it's to ensure that the enemy has a 0% chance of retaliation, in any way, shape, or form."


"Or we could just nuke them", General Bianca Clinton says, pushing the other two out of the way. "Think about it. None of our soldiers will go in so there'll be zero casualties on our side. All it takes is one bomb, so it's considerably cheaper, and it means there'll be no drawn-out conflict. I can't see a loss. To us, anyway. It'll decimate Brasilistan, but they are the enemy, and this is war."


Dismiss This Issue

Issue by: The Divine Republic of Sanctaria
Editor: Sanctaria
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
Planita
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1728
Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:Alright, time for THE NUCLEAR OPTION!

Select Your Target!

Issue Series
“An International Incident”

The Story So Far

Your government's response to overtures of aggression from the Brasilistanis has been to bomb specific high-level, valuable assets in the nation.

The Issue

Having decided to launch a tactical strike on Brasilistan, your military advisors have drawn up a list of different targets, each ranging in terms of severity and civilian casulties.

The Debate

Admiral Nelson Wellington presents you with a file first. "This is an aerial view map of Western Brasilistan. We have circled in red key armament factories, military bases, and a military airport. Eliminating these targets will not only harm the enemy's ability to mobilise an effective retaliatory attack, but it also makes it easier for us to land troops on the west coast. The impact on civilians will be minimal."

"That won't be enough", Air Marshal George W. Mistletoe says firmly. "Here is a map of the same region, but as you can see our targets are much more crucial to Brasilistan's infrastructure. Give the go ahead and my pilots will unleash their bombs on the city itself. There is a 100% chance of high civilian casualties, but it's to ensure that the enemy has a 0% chance of retaliation, in any way, shape, or form."


"Or we could just nuke them", General Bianca Clinton says, pushing the other two out of the way. "Think about it. None of our soldiers will go in so there'll be zero casualties on our side. All it takes is one bomb, so it's considerably cheaper, and it means there'll be no drawn-out conflict. I can't see a loss. To us, anyway. It'll decimate Brasilistan, but they are the enemy, and this is war."


Dismiss This Issue

Issue by: The Divine Republic of Sanctaria
Editor: Sanctaria

Let me now how that works.

I just finished the chain. IS THAT IT!!!!
Last edited by Francis Urquhart on Thurs November 29, 1990 5:11 pm, edited 45 times in total
ABOUT ME | Social Liberal and Centrist | Chinese-American | Kirby Delauter |
"Think as I Think," said a Man
"Think as I think," said a man,
"Or you are abominably wicked;
You are a toad."
And after I had thought of it,
I said, "I will, then, be a toad."
-Stephan Crane

User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7571
Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Planita wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:Alright, time for THE NUCLEAR OPTION!

Select Your Target!

Issue Series
“An International Incident”

The Story So Far

Your government's response to overtures of aggression from the Brasilistanis has been to bomb specific high-level, valuable assets in the nation.

The Issue

Having decided to launch a tactical strike on Brasilistan, your military advisors have drawn up a list of different targets, each ranging in terms of severity and civilian casulties.

The Debate

Admiral Nelson Wellington presents you with a file first. "This is an aerial view map of Western Brasilistan. We have circled in red key armament factories, military bases, and a military airport. Eliminating these targets will not only harm the enemy's ability to mobilise an effective retaliatory attack, but it also makes it easier for us to land troops on the west coast. The impact on civilians will be minimal."

"That won't be enough", Air Marshal George W. Mistletoe says firmly. "Here is a map of the same region, but as you can see our targets are much more crucial to Brasilistan's infrastructure. Give the go ahead and my pilots will unleash their bombs on the city itself. There is a 100% chance of high civilian casualties, but it's to ensure that the enemy has a 0% chance of retaliation, in any way, shape, or form."


"Or we could just nuke them", General Bianca Clinton says, pushing the other two out of the way. "Think about it. None of our soldiers will go in so there'll be zero casualties on our side. All it takes is one bomb, so it's considerably cheaper, and it means there'll be no drawn-out conflict. I can't see a loss. To us, anyway. It'll decimate Brasilistan, but they are the enemy, and this is war."


Dismiss This Issue

Issue by: The Divine Republic of Sanctaria
Editor: Sanctaria

Let me now how that works.

I just finished the chain. IS THAT IT!!!!


That's it. There are 19 total issues, but that means the if the first two issues have two choices, and the third has three options, then you have 12 possible ending issues. That's 19 issues, but you only see 4.
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
Sanctaria
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 7544
Founded: Sep 12, 2008
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:29 pm

There are 19 issues total in the chain, but you won't get all of them. What ones you do get, and how many you get, depend on what routes you take through the chain.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258
Member of UNOG

Dr. Katherine Saunders ORD DSJ, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:59 pm

I just went for strategic bombing, after thinking it through for a minute (I obviously declared war).

It's gonna look like Red Dawn up in there. I'm excited to see where things go.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Planita
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1728
Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:40 pm

It was very anti-climatic considering as I was never excited to get an issue in my entire life
Last edited by Francis Urquhart on Thurs November 29, 1990 5:11 pm, edited 45 times in total
ABOUT ME | Social Liberal and Centrist | Chinese-American | Kirby Delauter |
"Think as I Think," said a Man
"Think as I think," said a man,
"Or you are abominably wicked;
You are a toad."
And after I had thought of it,
I said, "I will, then, be a toad."
-Stephan Crane

User avatar
Mefpan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5872
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mefpan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:47 pm

I myself am a bit saddened by the fact that it's a one-time offer at the moment. I'd love to have longer, deeper event chains like this dedicated to bigger crises.

Well, perhaps that'll change once we get more of those suggested, written and implemented. Having the same thing over and over would be boring indeed, I suppose.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you want to play a game of chess?
NationStates' umpteenth dirty ex-leftist class traitor.
I left the Left when it turned Right. Now I'm going back to the Right because it's all that's Left.
Yeah, Screw Realism!
Loyal Planet of Mankind

User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7571
Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:09 pm

The Nuclear option, is in fact, only one option:

It's The Final Countdown

Issue Series
“An International Incident”

The Story So Far

You have decided that the only sensible response to the crisis in Brasilistan is a nuclear one.

The Issue

Excidium Planetis's nuclear missiles stand ready. You know the risks. You've weighed the options. But the EPSA requires your final approval before launching a nuclear strike on Brasilistan.

The Debate

"There is nothing left to discuss," says General Pete Nagasawa, his voice echoing strangely loudly in the crowded war room. "The way forward is clear. Indeed, it is the only choice remaining. We are locked into this course of action. There's no actual decision to be made at all. So go ahead. Press the button. There's no stopping it now."


Dismiss This Issue

Issue by: The Divine Republic of Sanctaria
Editor: Maxtopia


I think my choice was obvious.
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
Mefpan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5872
Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mefpan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 pm

I bombed strategic targets only and then sent in land troops.

Now I'm staring at how to best integrate a new colony. I think I didn't read too carefully on the last issue.

...well, that or my military really is just that fucking scary.

Excuse me while I pick the one option that history has proven to hold some measure of success in creating a lasting colonial situation. And I'm not talking about loving the bomb.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you want to play a game of chess?
NationStates' umpteenth dirty ex-leftist class traitor.
I left the Left when it turned Right. Now I'm going back to the Right because it's all that's Left.
Yeah, Screw Realism!
Loyal Planet of Mankind

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads