NATION

PASSWORD

Something i've noticed

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Something i've noticed

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed May 06, 2009 12:58 am

I noticed that AdBot Names appear in the active users listing as they are browsing through these forums. Personally I find it annoying and for forums that I have set up using phpBB I make it so that they are not visable.

Do the almighty Admins have plans of turning off the visability of the AdBots names?
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Bokkiwokki
Secretary

Founded: Aug 31, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Something i've noticed

Postby Bokkiwokki » Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 am

I found it quite amusing to see myself listed as:

WHO IS ONLINE?
Bokkiwokki, Google [Bot]

:mrgreen:

Helsingtown
Civilian

Founded: Jan 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helsingtown » Thu May 07, 2009 9:47 am

Ive noticed that too. What does the "bot" thing mean anyways?

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Thu May 07, 2009 10:06 am

They are there for targeting advertising for the forum, its mentioned in another thread somewhere.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu May 07, 2009 12:22 pm

I'm not talking about the advertisments.
The Bot Listings are from the search engines. I just always have them being delisted under "online users" on forums that I set up and I was wondering if the Admins were planning on keeping them visable or making them invisable.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Thu May 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:I'm not talking about the advertisments.
The Bot Listings are from the search engines. I just always have them being delisted under "online users" on forums that I set up and I was wondering if the Admins were planning on keeping them visable or making them invisable.

I know, I was just telling Helsingtown what they were. I'd prefer it if they were delisted as well.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Return to Technical