NATION

PASSWORD

Hyperborian Invasion OOC Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Hyperborian Invasion OOC Thread

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Since we could probably use one.
For this thread:

Main Conflict Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32758

Anglo-Russian Front Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33532

Northern Front Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33533

Coalition of Civilized States Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32963
Last edited by OMGeverynameistaken on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:14 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Since we could probably use one.
For this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32758

First off, on the subject of post order, I suggest we go with the following:

Steppe, as the thread originator we'll start from him
Ozmymos
Telvira
Myself

I believe that's the order in which we arrived on the scene. Other people can be included as necessary, of course. Although at this point further people might get a bit difficult to respond to.

For those looking for stats on my ships, the link in my sig has all the relevant data.

Tired much?

I should note, for all those involved, that I don't mind losing the other Templar Warbird now. Since Steppe *technically* fired the first shot, I can legally invoke a declaration of war by the Federal Planetary Alliance. However, that can wait untill morning (GMT).

Also Steppe - the Star Destroyer survived? Really?
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

North Ostia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Ostia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:20 pm

I have an honest question, and be able to "solidify" all the OPEN VASTNESS of the galaxy. I would be willing to play one of the "Primitive" worlds that the Hyborians wanted to colonize. Except we are just creating our first Warp ships, you know, enterance into the stars.
Security is Freedom

The New Federation 1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Federation 1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Hope you all don't mind if i get in on the fun.

Won't be able to contribute much due to Fleet numbers (Damn low NS pop), but the Federation can't just stand idley by whilst this happens.
The United Federation of Planets

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:37 pm

I'm going to get in on this, myself. However, I wanted to ask. Is it alright if I have my diplomats arrive in Telvira, Russian Empire, and Ozymos? My nation needs your guys help in sustaining a fight that far from my nation.
Last edited by Telros on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 pm

S'alright by me.

We should probably limit the number of people on our side to this many by this point, otherwise this'll just devolve into a dogpile. At least until Steppe gets a few allies, anyway.

EDIT:
Unless, of course, Steppe doesn't mind.
Last edited by OMGeverynameistaken on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

North Ostia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Ostia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:01 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:S'alright by me.

We should probably limit the number of people on our side to this many by this point, otherwise this'll just devolve into a dogpile. At least until Steppe gets a few allies, anyway.

EDIT:

Does that S'alright include me, sir?
Security is Freedom

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Oh, I will be aiding you guys in the south, but I know Steppe has stuff in the North, and I do plan on attacking that. =P

The New Federation 1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Federation 1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Is this going to turn into a mass invasion of the Khanite?

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:13 pm

North Ostia wrote:
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:S'alright by me.

EDIT:

Does that S'alright include me, sir?

That's fine by me, but I think that's really up to Steppe since they are, technically speaking, his planets.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Actually, change of plans. Rping three separate negotiations ain't going to work, too complicated. Is it alright if I just have some FTL comm meeting set up so all our leaders can talk to each other about this? It will make it much easier to rp it out.

Otagia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:21 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:We should probably limit the number of people on our side to this many by this point, otherwise this'll just devolve into a dogpile. At least until Steppe gets a few allies, anyway.

Steppe? Allies? Surely you jest.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Telros wrote:Actually, change of plans. Rping three separate negotiations ain't going to work, too complicated. Is it alright if I just have some FTL comm meeting set up so all our leaders can talk to each other about this? It will make it much easier to rp it out.

Me and Telvira were tossing around the idea of a coalition to deal with the situation. I imagine that'd be the place to bring this up. Probably best to do that after this battle is over, though, assuming we're going to move things along at a realistic pace.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Well, I'll just contact you guys about a possible meeting, while sending FTl drones throughout the galaxy and using my intelligence service to gather intelligence on Khanate forces, positions, etc etc.

The New Federation 1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Federation 1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Please add me to the Conversation on the Coalition

ALso, on ship numbers,
I know the commonly accpeted concept is One million NS pop equal One ship. But is that ship One Cruiser Rate ship? Would smaller or bigger ships cost more/less?

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 pm

That is a baseline to use if you don't want to get into numbers and all the detail-oriented stuff. It is considered a "standard strength ship", however its not a specific class. It's basically saying if you go over or under this amount of ships period, then they are either weaker or stronger respectively. Smaller ships would basically cost less; less to build, maintain, and pay the costs of supplies, crew paychecks, etc.

Axis Nova
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Nova » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Routine reminder: capabilities matter a great deal more than size.

The New Federation 1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Federation 1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Ok.

So

Would two Destroyer=One Cruiser (Or One Mill Pop) or would htey just be weaker?

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:37 pm

@Telros
Sounds good. I'll drop you an IM if I remember and if this hasn't fallen apart by them.

@TNF
Likewise the above.

In terms of ship numbers, the one million to one ratio is, I believe, generally thought to be the number of capital ships you can have in total, which generally includes cruisers. By the Star Wars Standard, anything over 100 meters is a capital ship. I just go by that to simplify things for myself.

In terms of power, it's generally accepted that the fewer ships you have, the more powerful they are. Size doesn't have much impact as this is futuretech and some people like to make things really small :P
Last edited by OMGeverynameistaken on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

The New Federation 1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Federation 1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm just trying to work out how many ships i can deploy at the moment.

Cause One Intrepid Class ship is clearly not worth a Soveriegn class ship for example.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:41 pm

The New Federation 1 wrote:I'm just trying to work out how many ships i can deploy at the moment.

Cause One Intrepid Class ship is clearly not worth a Soveriegn class ship for example.

It's generally accepted that the fewer ships you have, the higher quality they are. You just kinda gotta go with your gut on some things. In this case, you might ask yourself 'how many Intrepids could one Sovereign take on and win?'
I AM DISAPPOINTED

The New Federation 1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Federation 1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Fair point.
Depends on the CO of course, but On average. I understand

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah, I have a different system due to an increased knowledge of things, thanks to my attempt to enter Modern Tech and a couple of helpful tools my friends gave me. So I have been able to work out how many ships I have, their crews, etc etc. However, I can still use the rule you brought up, Federation, and still get the effect I am going for. Then again, I have been around for a while and the number of ships I have is a good amount for me to have and still retain a great amount of power.

Also, posted. What is your IM, OMG?
Last edited by Telros on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ftang
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Ftang » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:50 pm

I'd wish to join in on the fun if I'd be allowed of course haha.
The Galactic Empire of Ftang
Ruled over by his Imperial Majesty, Emperor Makson IV, Sovereign of the Seventeen Systems, Supreme Lord of Kenlar.

Founder of the Galactic Commonwealth of Planets, member of the Remnant of the Galactic Commonwealth.

ψ

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:51 pm

I'm considering joining in, the Dominion's assets are pretty close to the Beta Quadrant-Delta Quadrant border, so they'll be fairly perturbed by a Khanate incursion there. Plus the Russian Empire, our League of Armed Neutrality ally has gotten involved, so they have the diplomatic reasoning to justify it.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents