NATION

PASSWORD

Unapplicable issues

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Funkaholics
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Unapplicable issues

Postby Funkaholics » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 pm

So, this is just an example, but i find it odd that sometimes issues come up that in my nation are not applicable. Cars have been long outlawed in my nation, but today I got the "For Whom The Road Tolls" issue.

Is this because there is no filtering mechanism for issues at all? If there is one, this particular issue in my opinion should be filtered out for nations where cars have been banned.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:20 am

There is a filter, but evidently it doesn't catch that situation.
Then again, even if you've banned cars, presumably you still need roads for your alternative forms of transport? No?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Funkaholics
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Unapplicable issues

Postby Funkaholics » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:28 am

Bears: the issue explicitly metions "cars".

Anyway, today i got this one: "Auto Industry Struggles Against Foreign Imports"

Come on: am i supposed to assume that all of Funkaholics' auto industry's output is meant for export?
Last edited by Funkaholics on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Funkaholics
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Unapplicable issues

Postby Funkaholics » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:13 am

Today: Bus Drivers Say No To Double-Decked Deathtraps

Last option mentions imposing congestion tax on car-use in city centers ...

Cars are still outlawed in my nation; This filtering mechanism seems a little shaky to me to say the least.

Alpinistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Alpinistan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:45 am

maybe this is something for the fix issues thread?

i guess the problem here is that the car banning issues sprung up later and wasnt revised in the older ones, or just the editor have not thought about that while implementing an issue.
Grand Matriarch Rhenaya
Leader of The Environmental Matriarchy of Alpinistan and The Colony of New Alpinistan
X-Fire Contact: Rhenaya feel free to add me if you want to talk or something

New Olwe
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 am

You think you've got it bad? Monogamy is outlawed in my nation. I have to dismiss every single issue that even remotely deals with sex, because there's never an option supporting polyamory.
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

Return to Got Issues?