NATION

PASSWORD

Introduction to Raiding & Defending

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:41 am

Tinhampton wrote:Will the sections on Defending and Invading finally be added?

...I didn't expect it to take that long myself. When I saw this in the sidebar long with the t=307[...] beginning I thought this was an old thread that some confused newcomer had gravedug!
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading One Summer: America 1927 by Bill Bryson

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:47 pm

Pathoal wrote:Some of those banners are totally unreadable, especially purple on gray :blink:

I plan on fixing this today! I went ahead and submitted what I had due to being dead inside :p

Edit: Done, alongside table of contents.
Last edited by King Nephmir II on Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:57 am

I am currently working on a major update for the Introduction to Raiding & Defending guide that improves the overall text of the guide by providing screenshot and image examples to help new players understand game mechanics easier through visual examples, and integrating a non-intrusive FAQ (via spoiler buttons) throughout the text for new players as well, based on feedback and common questions I receive from new players. My goal is to:

• Make the guide as easy to understand as possible,
  • Generate interest in Gameplay from those new to NationStates by providing a guide that is engaging to read throughout its entirety,
  • Provide all the essential information needed for anyone to get involved in raiding or defending, or to start their own raiding or defending region,
  • Format the guide in a way that also reads well on mobile platforms and across light and dark themes.

I desire to make this guide as neutral in all gameplay ideologies as possible, free of anything that can be interpreted as a regional advertisement or bias of any kind, and make the guide comprehensive enough to where all Gameplay regions are able to use it as an official comprehensive guide for their new players.

Ahead of publishing this update to both this guide and the dispatch version of it, I would appreciate any feedback from leaders of Gameplay involved regions (politically or militarily) on the text as it currently stands, here or through telegram or on Discord (Nephmir#8399), that lets me know if there's anything I can change, rephrase, add, or omit to better serve your region. If there are any tools you have or that I have missed that you wish to be added to this guide, let me know at any time and I'll add them. I'm also open to suggestions on additional features, content, or sections you'd like to see. Thank you in advance to anyone that provides feedback.

Hustlertwo
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2006
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hustlertwo » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:07 am

Is there a particular place one should mention a region that was invaded in order to mobilize willing defenders?

FYI, it's this one: https://www.nationstates.net/region=axiom_supercluster
Interactive fiction author, rouser of rabble, and Punslinger-in-Chief of the Anti Discord Alliance.

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:38 pm

Theres a new Warzone, Warzone Trinidad
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Warden-Lieutenant, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:37 pm

Ostrovskiy wrote:Theres a new Warzone, Warzone Trinidad

Appreciated. Will add this as I am working on updating the Frontiers & Stronghold section. Working on publishing this ASAP.

Sherpus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sherpus » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:53 am

At any time, as WA Delegate, may I eject the governor and then become the governor of that region?

(hypothetical circumstance)
1x NationVision Champion - NationVision 12
2x NSCF competitor - NSCF 29 & 30 - Napoli-Zinemar City University Lions (29) and University of Autamina Bloodhounds (30)
A Class 0.167 civilization according to this index
Ranks 91.4 on the International Safety Index Absolutely Safe (90 - 100)
Ranks 95.0 on the International Corruption Index Not corrupt (90 - 100)
NS Stats are not canon.
NationVision Official Member (NV11 - NV2?) - (NV30 - now)
Factbook

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:54 am

Sherpus wrote:At any time, as WA Delegate, may I eject the governor and then become the governor of that region?

(hypothetical circumstance)

You wouldn't automatically become governor. The Governor would have to cease to exist or abdicate, and you would have to be one of the successors.

Or, you could eject everyone and refound the region.

Russian Astrahan
Civilian

Founded: Jun 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

War at Gordey Gogol

Postby Russian Astrahan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:30 am

Can I attack Gordey Gogol?

Onionist Randosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Onionist Randosia » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:42 pm

Russian Astrahan wrote:Can I attack Gordey Gogol?

No, unfortunately you cannot. There is no war between nations in NS which isn't entirely roleplay (for which see the roleplay subforums, specifically the third one down, International Incidents). This thread is about war between regions, not nations.
The People's Onionist Republic of Onionist Randosia
Call me OR or Randosia - they/them pronouns
Posts are OOC unless stated otherwise - posts do not represent official views of Aurora or InterLeft unless stated otherwise

Commissar of Foreign Affairs, Aurora
Former Deputy PM, PM and Minister of Defense of Asterya (now Aurora)
3x WA Delegate (among other things) of The Union of Great Onionist Nations, later Asterya, now Aurora
Founder, Administrator, past Chancellor and current Director of Defense, InterLeft
JEFF High Command
Astravica - Citizen, The Region That Has No Big Banks
Astravia - RPer, Distant Worlds
Gaviastan - Diplomacy Officer, Great Lakes Alliance, and GLA representative to the United Regions of Valeria
Sovetskiy Luk Navsegda!

Isenna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Isenna » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:10 pm

Sorry if newb question, but please help me to confirm that I understand the basic movement of a Raider/Defender action:

Let's talk hypothetically:

>"Slovakia" is a WA-nation in the region "Commie Raiders". Its player also has puppet nations named "XIII Squadron Tatra Hawks", "XIV Squadron Bratislava Bombers" and "XV Squadron Zuzana Mai Waifu" somewhere else.

> "Commie Raiders" decides to raid the region "The Alliance of WHTVR", and "Slovakia" player is advised by the responsible, "Soviet Union" to prepare for the raid. So it moves "XIII Squadron Tatra Hawks" to the combined Jump Point, let's say, the region "CommAir Base 234".

> Player resigns "Slovakia" from WA, and applies with "XIII Squadron Tatra Hawks".

> Minutes before WA Update, Player moves into "The Alliance of WHTVR" and endorses "Soviet Union", along with the other raiders.

>After the power is seized and the new delegate finished the objective of the Raid (Vandalize, Destroy, Expel Members, Take Permanent Power), player moves "XIII Squadron Tatra Hawks" back to whatever it was before, and resigns from WA

>Back to its main nation, player reapplies to WA with the main nation "Slovakia".

Is this how it works?
Last edited by Isenna on Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ambis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ambis » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:43 pm

Isenna wrote:Sorry if newb question, but please help me to confirm that I understand the basic movement of a Raider/Defender action:

Let's talk hypothetically:

>"Slovakia" is a WA-nation in the region "Commie Raiders". Its player also has puppet nations named "XIII Squadron Tatra Hawks", "XIV Squadron Bratislava Bombers" and "XV Squadron Zuzana Mai Waifu" somewhere else.

> "Commie Raiders" decides to raid the region "The Alliance of WHTVR", and "Slovakia" player is advised by the responsible, "Soviet Union" to prepare for the raid. So it moves "XIII Squadron Tatra Hawks" to the combined Jump Point, let's say, the region "CommAir Base 234".

> Player resigns "Slovakia" from WA, and applies with "XIII Squadron Tatra Hawks".

> Minutes before WA Update, Player moves into "The Alliance of WHTVR" and endorses "Soviet Union", along with the other raiders.

>After the power is seized and the new delegate finished the objective of the Raid (Vandalize, Destroy, Expel Members, Take Permanent Power), player moves "XIII Squadron Tatra Hawks" back to whatever it was before, and resigns from WA

>Back to its main nation, player reapplies to WA with the main nation "Slovakia".

Is this how it works?

Yes. That is how it works
MINISTER | Magister | Godfather | Archangel | Justice
...There's an obvious gameplay solution to that problem - burn Algerheaven to the ground.
An insightful quote from Site Director Sedgistan

My main base of operations. The Ambis, Legal Affairs Minister of Thaecia, at your service.
Find my citizenships here, my accomplishments here, and my positions here.

"When Alger is the voice of reason, you know you have a problem"

Isenna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Isenna » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:09 pm

The Ambis wrote:Yes. That is how it works

Got it. Thank you very much.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay