NATION

PASSWORD

War on white people?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

what do you identify as?

white, non-hispanic
68%
hispanic
5%
black
6%
asian
6%
native american
1%
mixed
8%
other
7%

Total votes : 889

ESTU
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby ESTU » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Condunum wrote:factual grounding

I respectfully disagree. The "war on women" seems to be an excuse for many liberals to point fingers at conservatives and call them nasty names in order to gain support for their agendas. What are the basic facts of the "war": Pay Discrimination & Restricted Access to Abortion, in short...women pouting because they are unsatisfied with the agreed-to working arrangements a/o because life slapped them in the face. In the first case, it's a matter of being too lazy to either demand higher pay or take your skills elsewhere and in the second case, putting it as delicately as I can for those particularly sensitive cases, its matter of irresponsibility.
Wyrd bið ful arad.
There is a time for all things.
I don't support moral relativism. I just support my relativism.
Better I spit it out now: I don't like gays, but lesbians are okay.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:35 pm

ESTU wrote:

I respectfully disagree. The "war on women" seems to be an excuse for many liberals to point fingers at conservatives and call them nasty names in order to gain support for their agendas. What are the basic facts of the "war": Pay Discrimination & Restricted Access to Abortion, in short...women pouting because they are unsatisfied with the agreed-to working arrangements a/o because life slapped them in the face. In the first case, it's a matter of being too lazy to either demand higher pay or take your skills elsewhere and in the second case, putting it as delicately as I can for those particularly sensitive cases, its matter of irresponsibility.

there isn't a war on women or white people. It's an exaggeration.

ESTU
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ESTU » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Othelos wrote:there isn't a war on women or white people. It's an exaggeration.

No kidding! Did you not read my post?
Last edited by ESTU on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyrd bið ful arad.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:52 pm

ESTU wrote:
Othelos wrote:there isn't a war on women or white people. It's an exaggeration.

No kidding! Did you not read my post?

I was agreeing with the basis of your post.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:24 am

ESTU wrote:

Condunum wrote:
ESTU wrote:The "war on whites" is as silly as the "war on women" in my book. This isn't about some grand conspiracy to get rid of white people, this is about quickly accumulating cheap votes to stay in power, plain and simple. I don't agree with how the administration is handling the problem, but I'd hardly call it a war on whites; just bold political maneuvering.

It's not really the same thing.... In the political sphere of the USA, the "war on women" has some factual grounding even if the concept itself is a hyperbole of gender inequality. The "war on white people" doesn't exist in the western world, although countries like South Africa are a different story.

Barring the fact that you ignored that part of my statement to negate something I didn't really claim existed, the pay gap is still an issue in a lot of fields, and it's not all (or even mostly) the employees' faults. Likewise, the issue of abortion is not an issue of irresponsibility. And these are only two issues we face in the ongoing movement for equality.
Last edited by Condunum on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
password scrambled

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:25 am

Well, what a closed-minded loser
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Valica
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valica » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:49 am

There is no war on white people. We are simply losing our "advantage" over other races globally.
We were more privileged and had more opportunities...
Now everything is leveling out and closet racists call it a war.
I'm a cis-het male. Ask me about my privilege.

Valica is like America with a very conservative economy and a liberal social policy.

Population - 750,500,000

Army - 3,250,500
Navy - 2,000,000
Special Forces - 300,000

5 districts
20 members per district in the House of Representatives
10 members per district in the Senate

Political affiliation - Centrist / Humanist

Religion - Druid

For: Privacy, LGBT Equality, Cryptocurrencies, Free Web, The Middle Class, One-World Government

Against: Nationalism, Creationism, Right to Segregate, Fundamentalism, ISIS, Communism
( -4.38 | -4.31 )
"If you don't use Linux, you're doing it wrong."

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:54 am

Valica wrote:There is no war on white people. We are simply losing our "advantage" over other races globally.

But but muh white country
password scrambled

ESTU
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ESTU » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:54 am

Othelos wrote:I was agreeing with the basis of your post.

Oh, sorry.
Wyrd bið ful arad.

Valica
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valica » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:07 am

Condunum wrote:
Valica wrote:There is no war on white people. We are simply losing our "advantage" over other races globally.

But but muh white country

That's pretty much the basis of the arguments.
Too many white people are afraid of losing whatever societal advantage they have in Western society.
I'm a cis-het male. Ask me about my privilege.

Valica is like America with a very conservative economy and a liberal social policy.

Population - 750,500,000

Army - 3,250,500
Navy - 2,000,000
Special Forces - 300,000

5 districts
20 members per district in the House of Representatives
10 members per district in the Senate

Political affiliation - Centrist / Humanist

Religion - Druid

For: Privacy, LGBT Equality, Cryptocurrencies, Free Web, The Middle Class, One-World Government

Against: Nationalism, Creationism, Right to Segregate, Fundamentalism, ISIS, Communism
( -4.38 | -4.31 )
"If you don't use Linux, you're doing it wrong."

Terrordome
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terrordome » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:30 am

If there is a war on whites, the whites are winning. Still the richest and most politically powerful ethnicity in the US and the world. The other ethnicities need to step it up a bit as it's too one-sided!
My nation does not reflect my real political views!
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

Vasatra
Secretary

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vasatra » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Mugabe is head of a country called Zimbabwe; he's got very little to do with South Africa, in the same way that the PM of Canada doesn't have much to do with happenings in the US. In any case, before getting all hagiographic about the apartheid regimes in both countries, remember that the one in South Africa, at least, expropriated, without compensation, the properties of many blacks near places like Pretoria, then ordered them to move within 24 hours. And that there was universal health care for whites, but not blacks, in South Africa.

I'm actually very surprised that the majority population of South Africa has shown as much forgiveness as they have.
Last edited by Vasatra on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:11 am

Vasatra wrote:Mugabe is head of a country called Zimbabwe; he's got very little to do with South Africa, in the same way that the PM of Canada doesn't have much to do with happenings in the US. In any case, before getting all hagiographic about the apartheid regimes in both countries, remember that the one in South Africa, at least, expropriated, without compensation, the properties of many blacks near places like Pretoria, then ordered them to move within 24 hours. And that there was universal health care for whites, but not blacks, in South Africa.

I'm actually very surprised that the majority population of South Africa has shown as much forgiveness as they have.

The apartheid government also expropriated properties from whites - especially farmers - to create the bantustans.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Loscian
Civil Servant

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Loscian » Tue May 09, 2017 11:56 am

Valica wrote:
Condunum wrote:But but muh white country

Too many white people are afraid of losing whatever societal advantage they have in Western society.

What social advantage?

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue May 09, 2017 12:00 pm

Loscian wrote:
Valica wrote:

What social advantage?

Being able to make new threads instead of digging up old ones from 3 years ago.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General