NATION

PASSWORD

Whinnypeg: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Olthar wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Even those aren't on the same level of dumb as what the comics do...and I liked Equestria Games.

It was a good episode.

Equestria Games wasn't a bad episode. However, the fact that it seemed to gloss over the eponymous event which the whole season had been building up to was very irking.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Olthar wrote:I never said anything against Luna, only in favor if Celestia.

I know, I just thought it was important to point out that the Sisters have their own roles to fill in servant to Equestria. :)

I've noticed throughout the years that this thread has a disturbing trend of claiminf Celestia is utterly useless because she hasn't beaten any of the villains. I find this pitiable. One would think that the people here would have advanced beyond the primitive notion that might equals right. Physical prowess is not the only determining factor in deciding usefulness.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Olthar wrote:It was a good episode.

Equestria Games wasn't a bad episode. However, the fact that it seemed to gloss over the eponymous event which the whole season had been building up to was very irking.

EE hits the nail on the head. By itself, it would've been an okay episode. Not great, but not bad either. The fact that it was coupled with the climax of a story arc that spanned over two season is what made it the worse episode of Season 4 for me.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:50 pm

O hai page 500.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Eastern Equestria wrote:

EE hits the nail on the head. By itself, it would've been an okay episode. Not great, but not bad either. The fact that it was coupled with the climax of a story arc that spanned over two season is what made it the worse episode of Season 4 for me.

I thought it was a wondrous subversion of expected cliché.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Olthar wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
I know, I just thought it was important to point out that the Sisters have their own roles to fill in servant to Equestria. :)

I've noticed throughout the years that this thread has a disturbing trend of claiminf Celestia is utterly useless because she hasn't beaten any of the villains. I find this pitiable. One would think that the people here would have advanced beyond the primitive notion that might equals right. Physical prowess is not the only determining factor in deciding usefulness.

Well I never meant to imply that Celestia was useless or that she didn't have her role. She obviously is the sister that is responsible for making sure everything runs smoothly and make sure that any threats during her ruling time is dealt with via Twilight and friends. Celestia is more of a planner and thinker, that is her role and there's nothing wrong with that.

Luna is more emotional and she likes to be more hoof-on with her subjects and dealing with nocturnal threats. There's nothing wrong with that either. :)

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Olthar wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

I've always been one to dispel the notion that there's anything but parity between the two Princesses.

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:53 pm

"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Olthar wrote:I've noticed throughout the years that this thread has a disturbing trend of claiminf Celestia is utterly useless because she hasn't beaten any of the villains. I find this pitiable. One would think that the people here would have advanced beyond the primitive notion that might equals right. Physical prowess is not the only determining factor in deciding usefulness.

Well I never meant to imply that Celestia was useless or that she didn't have her role. She obviously is the sister that is responsible for making sure everything runs smoothly and make sure that any threats during her ruling time is dealt with via Twilight and friends. Celestia is more of a planner and thinker, that is her role and there's nothing wrong with that.

Luna is more emotional and she likes to be more hoof-on with her subjects and dealing with nocturnal threats. There's nothing wrong with that either. :)

Luna and Twilight are queen and knight, respectively. Celly is the chessmaster. *nods*

Slorch
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:Seriously. The only reason I won the set of mane six signet rings a couple years back was because that one was done as a donation raffle giveaway and not an auction. DB auctions are always some flavor of batshit fething insane.

Fething...
Gaunts ghosts fan or just picking up on random internet lingo?

To bad we'll never know. Cause you know killing more people off then game of thrones. Seriously though, I can't believe he kill off the main character and still kept the series going.
Last edited by Slorch on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II

Fluttershy is Best pony

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Olthar wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

If by cliche you mean what was expected of the episode as the culmination of all of the Equestria Games fervor and excitement that had preceded it, then I agree.

Slorch
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Wilgrove wrote:Birthday Game Time!

Receive a kiss from Princess Celestia. Olthar is going to be soooo jealous! :D

Watch fireworks with Carrot Top.

Fluttershy is Best pony

Magthere
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Magthere » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Wilgrove wrote:Birthday Game Time!

Receive a kiss from Princess Celestia. Olthar is going to be soooo jealous! :D

Get lost in the Everfree Forest with Discord... *le sigh* should I take the Picard or Sisko approach with him...

Wilgrove wrote:
Olthar wrote:Everything. Equestria is an absolute monarchy, after all. Celestia runs the entire government. The Luna micro-comic shows that her daily schedule is completely full from morning to night with all sorts of meetings and paperwork.

To be fair to Luna, Luna's schedule is also full. While it's not the same schedule as Celestia, the comic does show that Luna acts as more the Warrior Queen, protecting Equestria from monsters that goes bump in the night. There's also the whole dream walking thing.

I still have this theory that Equestria's government is more decentralized due to how the situation in Appleoosa was dealt with, but Celestia keeps the illusion its a strong central government so the nobility doesn't realize they have no real power and start an uprising to claim it. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if some of the paperwork was an act...
Atomosea wrote:I swear, the only people more patriotic than Texans are Bostonians during a good season...

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Olthar wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

It may have subverted an expected cliche, but that doesn't make it good. There's nothing wrong with tropes or cliches, as long as you use them correctly.

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Well, this was quite the... busy thread.

A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Lt Callahan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lt Callahan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:52 pm

I like this!

I remember a time when I went insane over that particular background character.
Young Turks"NO MATCH FOR THE SCORPION!"A member of NS' Hoofington Reapers

"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip."
Allies: Retro Lyra
Enemies: Allancia, Trevion, Ozzy

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:05 pm

Esparmuran wrote:Well, this was quite the... busy thread.

Very busy.

Good night Espramuan...unless i'm reading the cute twilight pic wrong.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:43 pm

I have a monster pony dump built.

I'm going to wait till the new thread to dump it.

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:50 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:I have a monster pony dump built.

I'm quivering in anticipation.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:I have a monster pony dump built.

I'm quivering in anticipation.

It will have Celestia and Luna in it also, a lot of other ponies.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Oh hey I'm back in time for page 500.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:Oh hey I'm back in time for page 500.

Hai Wis! :hug:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction