NATION

PASSWORD

Should i accept to become a American state?

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Staedetler
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Should i accept to become a American state?

Postby Staedetler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:09 am

As a very small independent country, I thought that over time me and America have developed a great relationship and they asked if I should become a state of the nation. If I accepted, i would have protection but i would also lose independent and become a dependence of USA. A decision hard to think. Please answer with Yes or No and a reason.

The new order of Hetalia7
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The new order of Hetalia7 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:12 am

Well, since the USA is a real country, and yours is not: I dont think so, but you should do it if you really want to

just dont mind giving the US Corporations all your resources! :p
I'm a NS-Roleplayer, I use to be ambient on R/Ding, but now I think I've changed my mind.
Presidential Ballot:
Dread Lady Nathicana
Reploid Productions

EconomicL/R: -7.88
SocialL/SocialA: -7.54

Huda
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Huda » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:13 am

Staedetler wrote:As a very small independent country, I thought that over time me and America have developed a great relationship and they asked if I should become a state of the nation. If I accepted, i would have protection but i would also lose independent and become a dependence of USA. A decision hard to think. Please answer with Yes or No and a reason.

No. Retain your independence, buddy. Becoming an American state = Enemy of Us. And not just me. 19-20 nations. Not a threat.

Staedetler
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Staedetler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:16 am

Thanks Huda, although I do want protection I could rely on other allies such as Russia or even Canada if I have too. If none of the following accept, I will build up my economy to support more than just a 3000 person army and no ship building capacity, as my only way of getting water is either the Lake of Beurno or the US.

Al-Yamaniyyah
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Yamaniyyah » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:16 am

Staedetler wrote:As a very small independent country, I thought that over time me and America have developed a great relationship and they asked if I should become a state of the nation. If I accepted, i would have protection but i would also lose independent and become a dependence of USA. A decision hard to think. Please answer with Yes or No and a reason.

Absolutely not, don't flock to the murderous imperialist monster.
Shofercia wrote:Real terrorists blow up liquor stores!

Floraix
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Floraix » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:19 am

Answer: Yes. Invites to the join the Union are extremely rare, you lucky little nation you.

Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23y2Cz40zs4
Last edited by Floraix on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
International visitors are welcome to stop by the Floraix reception center for free drinks during happy hour. And it's always happy hour in Floraix!

Huda
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Huda » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:20 am

Staedetler wrote:Thanks Huda, although I do want protection I could rely on other allies such as Russia or even Canada if I have too. If none of the following accept, I will build up my economy to support more than just a 3000 person army and no ship building capacity, as my only way of getting water is either the Lake of Beurno or the US.

Huda actually has this Big Brother Program that gives funding to nations and any help, TG me for info.

Staedetler
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Staedetler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:24 am

Floraix wrote:Answer: Yes. Invites to the join the Union are extremely rare, you lucky little nation you.

Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23y2Cz40zs4

I understand that these invites are extremely rare but becoming dependent on a country would be hard. It's definitely a hard decision.

Olvern
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Olvern » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:03 am

Which America are you talking about? :P
I can't make a good signature!

Staedetler
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Staedetler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 am

I have made my desicion. I will deny the invitation and ally myself with other nations such as Hura and maybe Russia.

Huda
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Huda » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:51 am

Staedetler wrote:I have made my desicion. I will deny the invitation and ally myself with other nations such as Hura and maybe Russia.

(It's Huda) (Good on ya m8) (TG me for the Big Bro program)

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:27 am

Maybe you should give your nation a referendum; surely the people should decide what they feel is best for them and their nation?
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Staedetler
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Political Massacre at home

Postby Staedetler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:52 pm

After denying to become part of the Union, the USA broke their alliance with me and threats are escalating to violence and war. What do?

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:05 pm

All this sort of thing is not how you post on this forum. This is an in-character interaction sort of place, and tossing up 'how I mine for fish' sorts of threads is a quick way to getting locked, and if it continues, warned for spam.

There are a lot of great examples, and stickies, and even mentors over in the International Incidents area, to help you learn how things operate, and what sorts of posts/threads belong in which forum. Hope you have fun figuring out where you want to go with your nation - good luck.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates