NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Are we there yeeeet?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Modioperandi wrote:Anyway, what's up TET? How have y'alls day bee?

Okay. I survived clothes shopping, and watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi, a great movie.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Baghanathria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Baghanathria » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:15 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Baghanathria wrote:
Mee too, but only partially. The main thesis is waaay too generalized.

I just don't think I am a man of many words when it comes to internet forums though. It's just not effective to produce a twenty page thesis on a forum with a mindset of one or two line replies.

Of course, I can totally understand that. Still, I would be interested in the twenty-paged version of deine statement. (Sorry for German words, with slightly drunk Baghanathria comes germanized-hungarianized enlgish language sometimes.)
I'm for regional autonomies, moderate nationalism and patriotism, euthanasia, legalization of psychedelic drugs, finnish school system, direct democracy, and european cultural revival.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Religion being opposed to free will isn't a new idea.

All FF titles deal with this. I can see their point with zealous fanaticism.

They didn't become faithful out of free will after the first generation of members in those faiths.

Well, no, they were not given a choice really, but here's the thing: that people have always twisted the bible to suit their interests. It happened in the past, it will keep happening in the future.

Jesus did not forcefully convert his followers. He had no reason to. The ones who have subjugated others due to the zeal of Christian people were Christians themselves.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Benshir
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benshir » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Murkwood wrote:I want some KFC right now.

Revolting amount of oil in that, but its bang for its buck is by no means diminished. Damn good chicken.
Married to The Holy Therns. Let the spice flow.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Baghanathria wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:I just don't think I am a man of many words when it comes to internet forums though. It's just not effective to produce a twenty page thesis on a forum with a mindset of one or two line replies.

Of course, I can totally understand that. Still, I would be interested in the twenty-paged version of deine statement. (Sorry for German words, with slightly drunk Baghanathria comes germanized-hungarianized enlgish language sometimes.)

Funny, my thoughts become 100% English when slightly drunk.
[FT]|Does not use NS stats.
Zeth Rekia wrote:You making Zeno horny.

DesAnges wrote:People don't deserve respect, they earn it.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Then suddenly fights broke out because hey, it's the internet.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.
Discord: Fenrisúlfr#3521
(send me a TG before sending me a friend request though)
I'm Austrian, if you need german translations, feel free to send me a TG.

Modioperandi
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Modioperandi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Benshir wrote:

Ian, so funny that you should appear at this precise moment. The toilet was just flushed. Roommate cleaning I believe.

Dammit. That's the forth time this month lady.

Stung? Yeah... that's a good word given you used bee instead of be.

Sorry. I'm in the back of an RG31. Spelling is tough.
Je suis un TETeur! Ich bin ein TETeur! I am a TETeur!
Horror anime lover, coffee aficionado, certified badass
Benshir's roommate.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on-Robert Frost

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Benshir wrote:

Revolting amount of oil in that, but its bang for its buck is by no means diminished. Damn good chicken.

I don't care what's in it. I just want it in me.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Benshir
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Benshir » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:Well, no, they were not given a choice really, but here's the thing: that people have always twisted the bible to suit their interests. It happened in the past, it will keep happening in the future.

Jesus did not forcefully convert his followers. He had no reason to. The ones who have subjugated others due to the zeal of Christian people were Christians themselves.

St. Dominic Guzman and St. Ignatius of Loyola certainly come to mind. :p

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Benshir wrote:

I have made it a matter of principle to never set foot in a KFC. Like so many other US fast food chains we got them over here as well. Chicken should be healthier than that.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Baghanathria wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:I just don't think I am a man of many words when it comes to internet forums though. It's just not effective to produce a twenty page thesis on a forum with a mindset of one or two line replies.

I should start working on my thesis someday in the not too distant future. It's probably necessary for me to do something productive and possibly good enough to spur debates for decades to come.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Benshir wrote:

There's enough oil in that chicken that if it wasn't from Kentucky, the US would be invading it!
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Benshir
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Benshir » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Murkwood wrote:I don't care what's in it. I just want it in me.

That kind of attitude's a fast-track to obesity. :p

Hurdegaryp wrote:I have made it a matter of principle to never set foot in a KFC. Like so many other US fast food chains we got them over here as well. Chicken should be healthier than that.

More than understandable. I haven't eaten KFC since returning to eating meat again, but how damp the paper gets after having a piece of KFC chicken put on it on the table's a little distressing.

Here in Singapore chicken's either steamed, or fried in spices and coconut milk.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Benshir wrote:Revolting amount of oil in that, but its bang for its buck is by no means diminished. Damn good chicken.

There's enough oil in that chicken that if it wasn't from Kentucky, the US would be invading it!

Which usually means that the area is going to violently conquered by religious extremists ten years later.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Baghanathria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Baghanathria » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Baghanathria wrote:

I should start working on my thesis someday in the not too distant future. It's probably necessary for me to do something productive and possibly good enough to spur debates for decades to come.

Gut luck with that. May I suggest that you read the Tragedy of Man? It is exactly about this religion-free will issue.
Last edited by Baghanathria on Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm for regional autonomies, moderate nationalism and patriotism, euthanasia, legalization of psychedelic drugs, finnish school system, direct democracy, and european cultural revival.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Baghanathria wrote:

I'd read it.
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Benshir wrote:Revolting amount of oil in that, but its bang for its buck is by no means diminished. Damn good chicken.

I have made it a matter of principle to never set foot in a KFC. Like so many other US fast food chains we got them over here as well. Chicken should be healthier than that.

SO very true.. I seldom go out to eat to any fast food place. I do, on occasion, with friends/family, but I, by no means, make a habit of it. It's artery clogging nonsense to have every single meal at one of these places. Yuck! I still can't believe there are people that would eat at fast food places say... once a week, every month :o

Home made food is healthier and tastier ^^ (or at least it can be)
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

I just eat the mashed potatoes and gravy.
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Benshir wrote:

Hence why the USA is in desperate need of the same kind of organized healthcare that is so common in most European countries and Canada. You cannot expect easily manipulated citizens to keep themselves healthy, after all.

Benshir wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:I have made it a matter of principle to never set foot in a KFC. Like so many other US fast food chains we got them over here as well. Chicken should be healthier than that.

More than understandable. I haven't eaten KFC since returning to eating meat again, but how damp the paper gets after having a piece of KFC chicken put on it on the table's a little distressing.

Here in Singapore chicken's either steamed, or fried in spices and coconut milk.

I think I wouldn't mind my chicken Singaporean style.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Benshir wrote:

Nah, I'm pretty healthy. But Chicken, Steak, and Chinese/Japanese food are my weakness.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Baghanathria wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:I should start working on my thesis someday in the not too distant future. It's probably necessary for me to do something productive and possibly good enough to spur debates for decades to come.

Gut luck with that. May I suggest that you read the Tragedy of Man? It is exactly about this religion-free will issue.

Sheesh, it might have most of my ideas already written down. Thanks.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Murkwood wrote:

I don't care what's in it. I just want it in me.

I usually say stuff similar to that... though mine go a little like this:

I don't care who he is, I just want him in me

:lol:
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:22 pm

There's a fly sitting on my shoulder. It's watching me ma- ... post.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

It's not a place I regularly visit, mainly because it's so out of the way on the edge of the city. Still, sometimes you having a craving for grease that only eleven herbs and spices can satisfy.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Kiruri wrote:

SO very true.. I seldom go out to eat to any fast food place. I do, on occasion, with friends/family, but I, by no means, make a habit of it. It's artery clogging nonsense to have every single meal at one of these places. Yuck! I still can't believe there are people that would eat at fast food places say... once a week, every month :o

Home made food is healthier and tastier ^^ (or at least it can be)

I dunno know, whenever I go to my Latino friends house, I come back 20 pounds heavier.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Kiruri wrote:

I usually say stuff similar to that... though mine go a little like this:

I don't care who he is, I just want him in me

:lol:

Ooooookay.

10,000,000th post.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives