NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 3: Brainstorming, discussion, tea, advice

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
P2TM
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 65
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Traveller's Cafe 3: Brainstorming, discussion, tea, advice

Postby P2TM » Sat May 31, 2014 4:13 pm

The beginning.
Credit for the Traveller's Cafe idea goes out to Esternial. No one else has done more for P2TM.

Image


Please take all chatter to the chat thread.

Note: This isn't a chat thread like General's Eternal Thread, Gameplay's Neutral Ground, F7's Flaming Wombat and P2TM's own The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse. We'd like to keep things centred around topics related to this forum, and specifically roleplaying (tips, hints, etc.). Discuss character development, RP genres or wage discussions that you'd rather have outside of your thread OOCs.

There are people who have more trouble than others with getting a concept worked out. Others get it done pretty easily, or prefer to base their RP on a previous one to reduce their work-load. Then you have the people that have a concept, but are afraid to put it out there because of a possible lack of interest.

No more with that, I say!

Put your ideas forward here, the brilliant members of the Multiverse are sure to have one or two cents to add to your idea and mold it into a concept bound to garner that attention it deserves.

This thread is for three (3) things:

ImageDiscussion
You're welcome to ask questions, request feedback on ideas, or discuss ideas here. We have an official CHAT THREAD where you can chat about RP community topics in general.

ImageBrainstorming
You have a Roleplay concept or idea, but you don't know how to work this raw creation into something more refined. You post it here, describe your idea and put it on the table, then other members of the Multiverse get to give you their two cents - and some advice - so that you can trim off those sharp edges and improve your concept with details until it's ready to be posted. Stick to your idea, though; don't let others tell you what to do, it's still your idea. You're also free to put forwards your ideas here, even if you don't intend to use it yourself. Maybe one of the members of this Think Tank might be interested in it.

ImageAdvice
Any question you might have laying around may be posted here. This is a thread dedicated to 'helping' you out, where your fellow RP'ers will be the ones doing the helping. Whether you want pointers or can't figure something out, post it here. In essence, this thread is the equivalent of the RP'ing Questions Thread. Despite the myriad of capable Mentors, most have little experience with P2TM RP's and etiquette (if there is any), so I believe that we should have questions related to P2TM answered by people from P2TM. You don't ask a Frenchman directions in London (Unless he lives there, or has a map, or know a friend...you know what I mean.)

Note: For II-related question or general questions regarding your RP'ing, contact the II Mentors or go here. For a list of RP regions, RP groups or cataloged discussions on RP subjects, go here.

ImageAdvertising in this thread is permitted, but you might want to add a good description to your post instead of simply posting a link to the OOC thread. RPs that were previously discussed her may be posted and don't need a description if they have been worked out in this thread. There is an official P2TM RP ADVERTISMENT thread HERE if your RP is ready to launch.

We have two forms available. HELP ME and RP INTEREST. HELP ME is for general RP questions (How do I make an OOC? Can you look at my thread? What's "insert topic" mean?). RP INTEREST is what you use if you're working on a RP idea and want feedback. Please do NOT remove the #Mentor hashtag.


HELP ME!
Code: Select all
[size=120][b][color=#0080FF]HELP ME![/color][/b][/size][hr][/hr] Please provide as much detail as possible.
    [b]What do you need help with:[/b]
    [b]Links, if requesting someone to look into your RP's IC/OOC:[/b]

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp


RP INTEREST/FEEDBACK FORM
Code: Select all
[size=120][b][color=#0080FF]RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST[/color][/b][/size][hr][/hr] Please provide as much detail as possible.
    [b]RP's Overarching Concept:[/b]
    [b]Genre/s:[/b]
    [b]Character or Faction Based:[/b]
    [b]Detailed Description:[/b]

[b]Need Help With:[/b]

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp



With this initiative, which is completely funded by my offshore bank account, I seek to help people work out raw concepts into marvelous RP fresco's. Nobody likes an unbaked bread - and if you do, you'll probably be sick after eating it - so get it baked here. With chocolate or without it, you're the OP. Mold that dough into the most awesome bread this forum has ever seen!

Image
Turtle never tasted so damn awesome and so guilt-free! This is what your RP could be like!


Image
Last edited by P2TM on Wed May 11, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
P2TM
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 65
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby P2TM » Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Endorsed Multiverse Threads:
FORUM INFO: Welcome to P2TM - All guides links are here. Exceptional RP Posts
P2TM Survey

Recognized RP Groups:
Fallout RP Group - A group for Fallout fans.
Imperium - WFB/40K RP Group
The Council of the Multiverse
The Titans
Tolkien RP Group
Hunter's LoungeRP Group
The Madhouse Role Play Group
The Pub

(know any other P2TM RP Genre Groups? TG a P2TM Mentor with the thread link!)

Discussions:
Worldbuilding

Public Offerings
The P2TM Times (P2TM Newspaper)

Are you looking for a P2TM-based RP region?
The following regions are acknowledged as P2TM RP regions:
Ankh Mauta
Madhouse Productions
Gatehouse by the P2TM

(know any other P2TM RP regions? Lemme know!)

Report Archive:
The Character RP Genres On P2TM With Some Rambling, 28th of January, 2013 (By Agritum)
Easter Report, 31 of March, 2013 (By Agritum)
"Monthly" Report of the Portal (By Agritum)

Poll results:
More diverse threads (not just teenage superheroes anymore!): 43 votes (47%)
Change in posting mentality (short one-liners, you shall not pass!): 28 votes (30%)
More guides/ assistance for the aspiring RP'er: 18 votes (20%)
Other (please specify): 2 votes (2%)
It needs a serious overhaul (please specify why): 1 vote (1%)
Last edited by P2TM on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 14 times in total.

User avatar
P2TM
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 65
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby P2TM » Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 pm

OK, everything's updated now. Feel free to post.

-Nightkill

User avatar
Rupudska
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19431
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rupudska » Sat May 31, 2014 4:29 pm

First!

Okay, so seriously, I have a few ideas for a summer RP, one an anime RP, one a semi-formal RP that I expect to maybe last the summer, and two that would probably do just as well as graphic novels, but could easily be adapted for RP purposes.

I'll edit their descriptions into this post soon.

Now, the first RP I had will be the simplest, a pretty basic Shingeki no Kyojin RP. However, for the sake of sanity [and to remove any chance whatsoever of shipping with main characters] it will not take place within the Walls you are familiar one, in fact, it won't even take place in not!Germoney as SnK does.

It will take place in Russia, because Russians doing Russian things with three-dimensional maneuver gear in freezing temperatures hacking apart Titan necks is awesome, that's why.

My second one is about a world where superheroes are just as common as, say, cops, or Italians. Nobody knows where they came from, and at this point, it doesn't really matter. Laws have formed to help regulate them and keep the muggles safe, and in America, each state has two or three schools [depending on size and population] to train its superhumans to fight for justice, and to earn their vigilante license. Those who fail can still use their powers, but not for crime fighting - at least not legally outside of self-defense. Some end up supervillains, but not very many, as legal vigilantism comes with a fat paycheck.

One you don't get, because you failed to get your vigilante license. Now, you work in the wonderful, actiony, dramatic world of... retail. Really, that license was your only chance of getting into the upper-middle class, and you screwed it up. At least most of your coworkers are superhuman, since this is a store that caters to them. Kinda in the job description at...

Super Mart. Eeeyup, welcome to Hell.
Last edited by Rupudska on Sat May 31, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Post-apoc Japan!|Best thread ever.|Strike Witches
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33894
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Sat May 31, 2014 4:36 pm

Rupudska wrote:First!

Will edit for srs later

Thank god, I was waiting for someone else to post so I wouldn't be first.

Been thinking about a pseudorealistic (intentionally contradictory) AltHis WWII RP idea. By pseudorealistic I mean it makes an effort to explain how X survived rather than simply saying X survived or, God forbid, wonthe war. It revolves around the assumption that Germany was slightly more competent xenophobic(translating to no Barbarossa and no declaration of war on the US), and that the Einstein-Szilard letter was never sent.
Here we see Secretary Mattis fighting the Freeborn Scum.
Be nice to people.
I have found perfection.
Field Journey Day 74: Found the turtle at the bottom of the pile of turtles. Turns out it's standing on peer pressure.
It's okay to be white.
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes

User avatar
Kassaran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9333
Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Alright, tagged for my benefit.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
The Teutonic Republic wrote:"Hammer" in Russian means "Dicks" in Finnish.

This can't be a coincidence
Korva wrote:Q: How effective would this thing be if we assume it would be very effective?
A: Very effective
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG.
Same goes for Task Force Rainbow.

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.
Currently Enlisted in the United States Army.

User avatar
Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12801
Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sat May 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Now if only my brain would let me come up with something, then I could actually be a productive member of society rather than that guy that lurks P2TM for no reason. :lol2:

User avatar
Kassaran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9333
Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 4:49 pm

Rupudska wrote:First!

Okay, so seriously, I have a few ideas for a summer RP, one an anime RP, one a semi-formal RP that I expect to maybe last the summer, and two that would probably do just as well as graphic novels, but could easily be adapted for RP purposes.

I'll edit their descriptions into this post soon.

Now, the first RP I had will be the simplest, a pretty basic Shingeki no Kyojin RP. However, for the sake of sanity [and to remove any chance whatsoever of shipping with main characters] it will not take place within the Walls you are familiar one, in fact, it won't even take place in not!Germoney as SnK does.

It will take place in Russia, because Russians doing Russian things with three-dimensional maneuver gear in freezing temperatures hacking apart Titan necks is awesome, that's why.


Damn you! I wanted to totally ship my character with faceless bystander #5 from the crowd in the first episode! :p

Fair enough though you also have to note that it is in Russia, yet wasn't *forgothernamerightnowbutI'llprobablyrememberlaterorbeforce-fedhernamebyyouguys* the last Asian alive? :eyebrow:
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
The Teutonic Republic wrote:"Hammer" in Russian means "Dicks" in Finnish.

This can't be a coincidence
Korva wrote:Q: How effective would this thing be if we assume it would be very effective?
A: Very effective
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG.
Same goes for Task Force Rainbow.

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.
Currently Enlisted in the United States Army.

User avatar
Rupudska
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19431
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rupudska » Sat May 31, 2014 4:54 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Rupudska wrote:First!

Okay, so seriously, I have a few ideas for a summer RP, one an anime RP, one a semi-formal RP that I expect to maybe last the summer, and two that would probably do just as well as graphic novels, but could easily be adapted for RP purposes.

I'll edit their descriptions into this post soon.

Now, the first RP I had will be the simplest, a pretty basic Shingeki no Kyojin RP. However, for the sake of sanity [and to remove any chance whatsoever of shipping with main characters] it will not take place within the Walls you are familiar one, in fact, it won't even take place in not!Germoney as SnK does.

It will take place in Russia, because Russians doing Russian things with three-dimensional maneuver gear in freezing temperatures hacking apart Titan necks is awesome, that's why.


Damn you! I wanted to totally ship my character with faceless bystander #5 from the crowd in the first episode! :p

Fair enough though you also have to note that it is in Russia, yet wasn't *Mikasa Ackerman* the last Asian alive? :eyebrow:


It's also supposed to be the last stronghold of humanity. In a world without radio, internal combustion, electricity or steam power, I kinda doubt its truthfulness. Especially since, if it was, where did Eren's father go? Surely not to some random small village just outside Wall Maria.

Most likely she's just the last Asian in the stronghold, and the stronghold is the only one for an extremely long distance in any direction. It's assumed to be somewhere in Germany, which is good for my idea because Russia is an extremely long distance in any direction from Germany by horse.
Last edited by Rupudska on Sat May 31, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Post-apoc Japan!|Best thread ever.|Strike Witches
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

User avatar
Kassaran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9333
Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Bah, maybe. I will say I had thought about it once or twice before. I honestly am curious as to how humanity went from our tanks and stuff to the prey of Titans like that... oh well, no matter. I'd be interested in seeing the Russians having developed a proper bullet and everything because they'd likely need to hunt for meat to get any, that and grow their own potatoes...


poh-tay-toe
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
The Teutonic Republic wrote:"Hammer" in Russian means "Dicks" in Finnish.

This can't be a coincidence
Korva wrote:Q: How effective would this thing be if we assume it would be very effective?
A: Very effective
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG.
Same goes for Task Force Rainbow.

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.
Currently Enlisted in the United States Army.

User avatar
Rupudska
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19431
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rupudska » Sat May 31, 2014 5:01 pm

Kassaran wrote:Bah, maybe. I will say I had thought about it once or twice before. I honestly am curious as to how humanity went from our tanks and stuff to the prey of Titans like that... oh well, no matter. I'd be interested in seeing the Russians having developed a proper bullet and everything because they'd likely need to hunt for meat to get any, that and grow their own potatoes...


poh-tay-toe


Judging by the tech and the 'To You in 2000 Years' title of Ep 1, I don't think tanks have been invented yet. Also note how the humans were fighting those Titans early on with spears.

My second idea is about a world where superheroes are just as common as, say, cops, or Italians. Nobody knows where they came from, and at this point, it doesn't really matter. Laws have formed to help regulate them and keep the muggles safe, and in America, each state has two or three schools [depending on size and population] to train its superhumans to fight for justice, and to earn their vigilante license. Those who fail can still use their powers, but not for crime fighting - at least not legally outside of self-defense. Some end up supervillains, but not very many, as legal vigilantism comes with a fat paycheck.

One you don't get, because you failed to get your vigilante license. Now, you work in the wonderful, actiony, dramatic world of... retail. Really, that license was your only chance of getting into the upper-middle class, and you screwed it up. At least most of your coworkers are superhuman, since this is a store that caters to them. Kinda in the job description at...

Super Mart. Eeeyup, welcome to Hell.
Last edited by Rupudska on Sat May 31, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Post-apoc Japan!|Best thread ever.|Strike Witches
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

User avatar
Kassaran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9333
Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Bah, maybe. I will say I had thought about it once or twice before. I honestly am curious as to how humanity went from our tanks and stuff to the prey of Titans like that... oh well, no matter. I'd be interested in seeing the Russians having developed a proper bullet and everything because they'd likely need to hunt for meat to get any, that and grow their own potatoes...


poh-tay-toe


Judging by the tech and the 'To You in 2000 Years' title of Ep 1, I don't think tanks have been invented yet. Also note how the humans were fighting those Titans early on with spears.


It means that this takes place two thousand years in the future... not that it is two thousand years ago. Somehow I feel that there must be some sort of last vestiges of human civilization from before the titans that must have survived the time, or at least the plans and knowledge that once we were something greater.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
The Teutonic Republic wrote:"Hammer" in Russian means "Dicks" in Finnish.

This can't be a coincidence
Korva wrote:Q: How effective would this thing be if we assume it would be very effective?
A: Very effective
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG.
Same goes for Task Force Rainbow.

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.
Currently Enlisted in the United States Army.

User avatar
Rupudska
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19431
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rupudska » Sat May 31, 2014 5:07 pm

Kassaran wrote:It means that this takes place two thousand years in the future...


As an American, I must say it seems quite the contrary to me. It seems to me that it's a message to people living 2000 years after the events in Attack on Titan. If it wasn't, I'm sure that a world war damaging enough to send humanity back to the late middle ages would have been brought up in the first few episodes.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Post-apoc Japan!|Best thread ever.|Strike Witches
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33894
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Sat May 31, 2014 5:10 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Kassaran wrote:It means that this takes place two thousand years in the future...


As an American, I must say it seems quite the contrary to me. It seems to me that it's a message to people living 2000 years after the events in Attack on Titan. If it wasn't, I'm sure that a world war damaging enough to send humanity back to the late middle ages would have been brought up in the first few episodes.

Perhaps the titans are related to the giant warriors from Nausicaa.

So for the sake of why not, how about we crank up the tech levels in this hypothetical AoT RP to something a bit more... I don't know, just add dynamite. Oh, and to make up for increased tech, the titans come in new varieties.
Last edited by The Empire of Pretantia on Sat May 31, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here we see Secretary Mattis fighting the Freeborn Scum.
Be nice to people.
I have found perfection.
Field Journey Day 74: Found the turtle at the bottom of the pile of turtles. Turns out it's standing on peer pressure.
It's okay to be white.
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 40871
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat May 31, 2014 5:12 pm

Shiny. I look forward to seeing what comes up in here.

In order to prompt some discussion: What do you people think is overdone in fantasy RPs?
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Kassaran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9333
Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 5:12 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Kassaran wrote:It means that this takes place two thousand years in the future...


As an American, I must say it seems quite the contrary to me. It seems to me that it's a message to people living 2000 years after the events in Attack on Titan. If it wasn't, I'm sure that a world war damaging enough to send humanity back to the late middle ages would have been brought up in the first few episodes.


Hmph, perhaps. However they have gasoline motors, so explain that, and they have cannons, and those weren't really invented until much later than 13 B.C..

Also, I'm an American... so your argument considering that much is invalid. "To You in Two Thousand Years"

I take that to mean that the setting is two thousand years in the future, to whomever is watching.

Also, no, we're staying with the original stuff. No Dynamite, if any advances are to be made... well then it should be the bullet. That would change things considerably so.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
The Teutonic Republic wrote:"Hammer" in Russian means "Dicks" in Finnish.

This can't be a coincidence
Korva wrote:Q: How effective would this thing be if we assume it would be very effective?
A: Very effective
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG.
Same goes for Task Force Rainbow.

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.
Currently Enlisted in the United States Army.

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33894
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Sat May 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Shiny. I look forward to seeing what comes up in here.

In order to prompt some discussion: What do you people think is overdone in fantasy RPs?

Eh... Attempts to emulate recent fantasy works. There's been like fifty GoT ripoffs and like three ES clones. I also don't really enjoy cliched settings.
Kassaran wrote:...no, we're staying with the original stuff. No Dynamite, if any advances are to be made... well then it should be the bullet. That would change things considerably so.

Do you mean dynamite would change things considerably or that a different bullet would?
Here we see Secretary Mattis fighting the Freeborn Scum.
Be nice to people.
I have found perfection.
Field Journey Day 74: Found the turtle at the bottom of the pile of turtles. Turns out it's standing on peer pressure.
It's okay to be white.
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 40871
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat May 31, 2014 5:16 pm

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Shiny. I look forward to seeing what comes up in here.

In order to prompt some discussion: What do you people think is overdone in fantasy RPs?

Eh... Attempts to emulate recent fantasy works. There's been like fifty GoT ripoffs and like three ES clones. I also don't really enjoy cliched settings.


Fully agreed. It's kind of annoying, though I mostly keep those thoughts in the back of my head.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 88769
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat May 31, 2014 5:18 pm

I like urban fantasy, myself.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33894
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Sat May 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I like urban fantasy, myself.

Hate with a passion, except for some anime, like Sailor Moon.
Here we see Secretary Mattis fighting the Freeborn Scum.
Be nice to people.
I have found perfection.
Field Journey Day 74: Found the turtle at the bottom of the pile of turtles. Turns out it's standing on peer pressure.
It's okay to be white.
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes

User avatar
Kassaran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9333
Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

I don't know what really would make a bigger difference, but I do know that dynamite needs a mining industry, so perhaps that would be feasible alongside the invention of the bullet and rifled barrel. However, as for the fantasy question, I think that vampires and werewolfs, nope, actually, really only werewolves in general are overdone. Everyone always asks for the same old thing, and day-in and day-out it is! But I'd like to see more variation in what we could get, like werecorvids, or werevipers... or even weredrakes. That'd be new and exciting and different!
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
The Teutonic Republic wrote:"Hammer" in Russian means "Dicks" in Finnish.

This can't be a coincidence
Korva wrote:Q: How effective would this thing be if we assume it would be very effective?
A: Very effective
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG.
Same goes for Task Force Rainbow.

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.
Currently Enlisted in the United States Army.

User avatar
Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29252
Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat May 31, 2014 5:28 pm

If I wanted to make a Werewolf-inspired RP, would it go here or F7? I'm thinking here but I don't want to go and look like an idiot :C
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33894
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Sat May 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Kassaran wrote:I don't know what really would make a bigger difference, but I do know that dynamite needs a mining industry, so perhaps that would be feasible alongside the invention of the bullet and rifled barrel.

It doesn't need a mining industry, it's just that in our world the mining industry led to its invention.

Oh, and by dynamite I mean TNT and/or dynamite.
Bezombia wrote:If I wanted to make a Werewolf-inspired RP, would it go here or F7? I'm thinking here but I don't want to go and look like an idiot :C

Here.
Here we see Secretary Mattis fighting the Freeborn Scum.
Be nice to people.
I have found perfection.
Field Journey Day 74: Found the turtle at the bottom of the pile of turtles. Turns out it's standing on peer pressure.
It's okay to be white.
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes


User avatar
Rupudska
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19431
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rupudska » Sat May 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Kassaran wrote:Also, no, we're staying with the original stuff. No Dynamite, if any advances are to be made... well then it should be the bullet. That would change things considerably so.


Bullets already exist, or did you fast-forward through the opening?

Dynamite is somewhat reasonable. Explosives, at least, would be a logical upcoming invention.

Also, any interest in my second idea?
Last edited by Rupudska on Sat May 31, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Post-apoc Japan!|Best thread ever.|Strike Witches
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Next

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Damverland, Darksworth, Higher Japan, Mewsland, Naval Monte, New Minahasa, Pax Nerdvana, The South Falls, Turmenista, Xah

Remove ads