NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Insta-Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Insta-Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Postby Abacathea » Fri May 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Just to be on the safe side, it's quite a close vote, feedback appreciated as always.

REPEAL "LIBERATE HOGWARTS"
Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC #145

The Security Council

Denouncing the use of SC #145 as a weapon against the current government of Hogwarts;

Highlighting the biased logic applied by the resolution author who on one hand acknowledges that this is yet another reincarnation of a dead/dying region, yet laments those who have pursued the refounding of it, suggesting that the largest issue here, is not the refound, but those who seek to do so;

Sickened that such a proposal would be utilized which goes against the mission statement of this council, simply because of whom has chosen to resurrect it as opposed to the intent of the people doing so;

Appalled that this resolution was passed without any true consultation with the native population, wherein to do so would not have resulted in the passage of this resolution in a manner which has clearly divided the international community;

Noting the authors hopes that "Hogwarts can maintain its history of being a free, open, and peaceful region in the spirit of the community" yet highlighting the authors biased tarring of the fate of this region by stating that "the invader culture of the Lone Wolves United is a threat to this hope," despite LWU's statement they wish to bring activity to the region;

Desirous to ensure that the purposes and ideals of this esteemed Council are not subverted to the prejudices of its members against ideologies and utilized for the purposes of undermining any group without some shred of evidence to their intent;

Hereby;
Repeals SC #145, Liberate Hogwarts
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Fri May 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Well here is some evidence of their true intent.

Evil Wolf wrote:
Defendingg wrote: I hope that some delegates will change their votes in order to give Hogwarts back to the true natives, before it is destroyed forever.

Ah yes, the alleged "true natives", none of which can be found nor named. The region is not being "destroyed forever" it is being refounded to make sure people like Defendingg don't claim it as a trophy for themselves.

So you admit that you are refounding it? Good to know.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

I admit nothing, I have no allegiance to LWU, what I do see here, is a proposal being used to subvert LWU on the sole basis that they are raiders, and thus raiders must be bad and be intent on doing bad things, which is, to be frank, utter bollox.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Defendingg wrote:Well here is some evidence of their true intent.

Evil Wolf wrote:
Ah yes, the alleged "true natives", none of which can be found nor named. The region is not being "destroyed forever" it is being refounded to make sure people like Defendingg don't claim it as a trophy for themselves.

So you admit that you are refounding it? Good to know.

What's wrong with the group that founded it refounding it?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Fri May 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Nitpick:

Noting the authors hopes that " that Hogwarts can maintain its history of being a free, open, and peaceful region in the spirit of the community" yet highlighting the authors own lack of community spirit in subsequently tarring the fate of this region by stating that "the invader culture of the Lone Wolves United is a threat to this hope,";

Delete the first "that" please (grammatical point), also an extraneous space between the opening quote marks and the second "that".
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Through The Breach
Secretary

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Through The Breach » Fri May 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Evil Wolf aka Blue Wolf is clearly pulling strings in the North Pacific.

sham! sham! sham!

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri May 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Clearly.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Fri May 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Clearly.

without any doubt.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri May 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Beyond denial.

Through The Breach
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Through The Breach » Fri May 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Clearly.

Dude everyone knows your game you are always scheming to turn TNP more invader and this person writing is from TNP, so via consequence is influenced by your transparent and obvious machinations.

Clearly.

Beyond denial.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri May 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Through The Breach wrote:Dude everyone knows your game you are always scheming to turn TNP more invader and this person writing is from TNP, so via consequence is influenced by your transparent and obvious machinations.

Yes, everyone is well aware of how I have all 5,177 nations of The North Pacific firmly in my back pocket.

Through The Breach
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Through The Breach » Fri May 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Through The Breach wrote:Dude everyone knows your game you are always scheming to turn TNP more invader and this person writing is from TNP, so via consequence is influenced by your transparent and obvious machinations.

Yes, everyone is well aware of how I have all 5,177 nations of The North Pacific firmly in my back pocket.

Bro just hurry up and try to refound Hogwarts already.

You're sitting on that thing like a constipated man on a toilet.

I'm ready to beat you.

go! go! go!

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Fri May 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Through The Breach wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Bro just hurry up and try to refound Hogwarts already.

You're sitting on that thing like a constipated man on a toilet.

I'm ready to beat you.

go! go! go!

I'm calling it now. After the resolution fails, he will go ahead and put a password in. How TITO cannot see this is beyond me.

Unless of course one of the main delegates is waiting to pull a funny and flip the vote at the last minute.
Last edited by Defendingg on Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Through The Breach
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Through The Breach » Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 pm

He can password because he isn't man enough to go toe to toe, but we can still snatch it if they ever try to refound.

He will just hide behind the password though until people get bored and do it when no one is looking.

If he had balls he would announce the refound date and let us race, but he knows he can't beat us fair and square so he hides in the shadows like a Wolf man.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri May 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Ah, so you both seem to be implying that this whole liberation thing really has nothing to do with the wants of anonymous "true natives" and more to do with a personal grudge against me. You've more or less confirmed that this is about the two of you "winning" and not about the rights of Hogwarts or its natives.

Through The Breach
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Through The Breach » Fri May 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Ah, so you both seem to be implying that this whole liberation thing really has nothing to do with the wants of anonymous "true natives" and more to do with a personal grudge against me. You've more or less confirmed that this is about the two of you "winning" and not about the rights of Hogwarts or its natives.

They aren't anonymous you mushroom face, one of them posted in the main thread.

Get your facts right.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri May 30, 2014 9:03 pm

TEP: 1
SC: 0
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Through The Breach
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Through The Breach » Fri May 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Abacathea wrote:Just to be on the safe side, it's quite a close vote, feedback appreciated as always.

REPEAL "LIBERATE HOGWARTS"
Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC #X

The Security Council

Denouncing the use of SC #X as a weapon against the current government of Hogwarts;

Highlighting the contradictory language used by the resolution author who on one hand acknowledges the reincarnation of this region once again, yet laments those who would refound it;

Sickened that such a proposal would be utilized against a region simply because of whom has chosen to resurrect it as opposed to any other rational;

Appalled that this resolution was passed without any true consultation with the native population, wherein to do so would not have resulted in the passage of this resolution in a manner which has clearly divided the international community;

Noting the authors hopes that " that Hogwarts can maintain its history of being a free, open, and peaceful region in the spirit of the community" yet highlighting the authors own lack of community spirit in subsequently tarring the fate of this region by stating that "the invader culture of the Lone Wolves United is a threat to this hope,";

Desirous to ensure that the purposes and ideals of this esteemed Council are not subverted to the prejudices of its members against ideologies and utilized for the purposes of undermining any group without some shred of evidence to their intent;

Hereby;
Repeals SC #X, Liberate Hogwarts

Point by point:

1. How is it a weapon?

2. What is the contradiction? You don't explain it you just say it is.

3. Um... whom does matter. If a Nazi shows up at your bat mitzvah I think you are going to care about that more than if it is some random person. Whom always matters, if an invader refounds - bad. If a native refounds - good. This 'whom' argument is weak.

4. Natives were consulted, so this is a lie. Proctos is a native and Gryffidor was against the Lone Wolves United occupation - see his RMB posts. So you lie lie pants on fire.

5. WTF does this even mean? "Lack of community spirit"? They are invaders, they destroyed and purged a community that was trying to refound and protect itself, this section of the proposal is barking mad.

6. Um, they clearly said they are going to refound, so we do have evidence of their intent. They are a condemned group already by the SC council, and again whom matters and that shows what kind of people they are. So you fail pretty hard there. Secondly, nothing was subverted. And thirdly, how much is Blue Wolf paying you to write this?

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Fri May 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Full support for the repeal. It's a shame that the resolution passed in the first place.

Through The Breach
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Through The Breach » Fri May 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Full support for the repeal. It's a shame that the resolution passed in the first place.

Yes, such a shame that a region that has been invaded, griefed and purged be given a fighting chance to survive.

Such a shame such a shame.

Wait no, THIS proposal is a shame.

There we go.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Fri May 30, 2014 10:16 pm

I doubt Lone Wolves United and supporting forces have any intention of abandoning Hogwarts to "defender" invaders and faux "natives." Seen Anarchy lately? Your liberation resolution does not mean that you've won.

Through The Breach
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Through The Breach » Fri May 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:I doubt Lone Wolves United and supporting forces have any intention of abandoning Hogwarts to "defender" invaders and faux "natives." Seen Anarchy lately? Your liberation resolution does not mean that you've won.

lol you don't refute my points you just confirm you are invading the region and want to "win"

nice job Cormac :clap:

the only faux natives are evil wolf and his band of invader agents

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Fri May 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:I doubt Lone Wolves United and supporting forces have any intention of abandoning Hogwarts to "defender" invaders and faux "natives." Seen Anarchy lately? Your liberation resolution does not mean that you've won.

But it does complicate efforts to refound the region. Also, if LWU troops have to be deployed to Hogwarts, that keeps other regions that may have been raided safe as well.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri May 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Defendingg wrote:Also, if LWU troops have to be deployed to Hogwarts, that keeps other regions that may have been raided safe as well.

Evil Wolf starts planning a raid immediately.

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Fri May 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Defendingg wrote:Also, if LWU troops have to be deployed to Hogwarts, that keeps other regions that may have been raided safe as well.

Evil Wolf starts planning a raid immediately.

And I'll show you 15-20 nations who will not be joining you.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives