NATION

PASSWORD

Should the United States Annex Mexico?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should the United States Annex Mexico?

YES!
22%
No.
16%
Hell no!
60%
Undecided.
1%

Total votes : 276

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed May 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Casita wrote:There's more freedom in Mexico than the US and most countries on this side of the planet. If the US were to annex, that would mean way less freedom and more corporate fascism. Furthermore, the US couldn't handle it anyway.

>Meixco's more free
>corporate fascism

:rofl:
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Wed May 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Casita wrote:People forget that a ton of Mexican people think that a big portion of the US is Mexico and they want it back.

They will not and should not get it back.

There's more freedom in Mexico than the US and most countries on this side of the planet.

Arguably true. Though more freedom isn't a necessarily positive thing. You get more freedom to pedal drugs to people!
If the US were to annex, that would mean way less freedom and more corporate fascism.

Holy shit, that's edgy and awesome. You're saying the US is a corporatist fascist State? You're awesome!
Furthermore, the US couldn't handle it anyway.

The US is a superpower. Mexico couldn't brag about their strength since the early 30s.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Starkmoor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkmoor » Wed May 07, 2014 5:29 pm

No way!

We don't want any of that drugs, crime and dysfunction. I know that Mexico has its positives, but come on, the United States annexing Mexico would be like Detroit annexing Highland Park.

Annexing Mexico over immigration seems really ridiculous too, no? I mean, if we do that then the same people we kicked out for immigration would have U.S. citizenship.

Pandeeria wrote:
Casita wrote:People forget that a ton of Mexican people think that a big portion of the US is Mexico and they want it back.

Agreed. These nationalist claims to the southwest and west are shaky. Plus, that annexation is water under the bridge at this point.
Standing up for Koba and still standing tall!
PRO: Drones, surveillance, basic income, safety net, atheism, separation of church and state, cloudy days, unions, Stalin, concealed carry, 80s & 90s R&B music
ANTI: Organized religion, fundamentalism, Trotsky, college tuition, Juggalos/Juggalettes, gun control, militia types, crime, poverty, selfishness, inequality, rioters/looters, cop-haters.
Political Compass: Left -10.00, Authoritarian 6.21

Casita
Envoy

Founded: Oct 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Casita » Wed May 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Pandeeria wrote:

There's more freedom in Mexico than the US and most countries on this side of the planet.

Arguably true. Though more freedom isn't a necessarily positive thing. You get more freedom to pedal drugs to people!
If the US were to annex, that would mean way less freedom and more corporate fascism.

Holy shit, that's edgy and awesome. You're saying the US is a corporatist fascist State? You're awesome!
Furthermore, the US couldn't handle it anyway.

The US is a superpower. Mexico couldn't brag about their strength since the early 30s.

I've seen a lot of this edgy thing being thrown around, I don't get it?

Are you saying that corporations don't run things in the US?

Superpower blah, blah, US #1 blah, blah, Benny hill, blah, blah

US buys a ton of drugs and they have less freedom. So, not too sure about your 'drug reference'
Last edited by Casita on Wed May 07, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Wed May 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Wow... some people... seriously.. .wtf ¬¬
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Casita wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:They will not and should not get it back.

US buys a ton of drugs and they have less freedom. So, not too sure about your 'drug reference'

Corporations control everything.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Kiruri wrote:Wow... some people... seriously.. .wtf ¬¬

Is this: ¬¬

Now a thing?

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Wed May 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Viritica wrote:
Kiruri wrote:Wow... some people... seriously.. .wtf ¬¬

Is this: ¬¬

Now a thing?

¬¬ no
Last edited by Kiruri on Wed May 07, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Eww, no. The US would look like a complete hypocrite considering the ongoing Ukrainian crisis. The combined state would equal be almost half a billion people -- the instability of implementing a new government would almost immediately cause the demise of both countries. Over 100 million Mexicans would be able to freely move and compete for blue-collar jobs in American cities. There would also be the issue of implementing Medicare, Medicaid, and countless other welfare programmes to 120 million Mexicans, as well as building up their infrastructure and public works to meet American safety guidelines. I've yet to even mention the drug war Mexico is fighting against the cartels...
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Casita
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Casita » Wed May 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Starkmoor wrote:No way!

We don't want any of that drugs, crime and dysfunction. I know that Mexico has its positives, but come on, the United States annexing Mexico would be like Detroit annexing Highland Park.

Annexing Mexico over immigration seems really ridiculous too, no? I mean, if we do that then the same people we kicked out for immigration would have U.S. citizenship.

Agreed. These nationalist claims to the southwest and west are shaky. Plus, that annexation is water under the bridge at this point.

How does a country that's so dysfunctional have free health care? Does Detroit have free health care? Does Detroit allow people to open up businesses without an insane amount of licensing etc? Can we really compare Detroit to Mexico? Yes, if we want to ignore everything about mexico, other than poverty, that is common around the world.

Yes mexico has it's issues, but the US isn't lacking in poverty, gangs, and corruption either.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed May 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Mexico will not and shall not get the land the U.S conquered and then paid for [irony] in the 1840s and mid 1850s. As for Mexico the U.S had the bright idea of letting Mexico continue as a buffer state because the Wilmot Proviso would have created a huge surplus in the amount of free states entered into the Union. This of-course would have tremendously ticked off the slaver factions and might have caused even more destabilization within a deeply divided political climate.
Last edited by Benuty on Wed May 07, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed May 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Viritica wrote:Is this: ¬¬

Now a thing?

¬¬ no

Hm...

Jelani
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jelani » Wed May 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Ah, the days when one could randomly invade a country for more land have, unfortunately, long since gone. Who knows, maybe we can invent time travel, and you could go back to the 1800s - that was a nice time, right?

(Just in case of Poe's Law, I'm being sarcastic)
Note: My nation in RP does not necessarily represent my views.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Wed May 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Casita wrote:

If someone try's to act hip, cool, edgy, etc. by picking a unpopular then you are considered cool.

It's not a corporate fascist state.

Did you just read what you wrote?

We're a fucking superpower! Mexico doesn't have shit on us!

How does the US actually have less freedom?
Last edited by Pandeeria on Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Casita
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Casita » Wed May 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Viritica wrote:
Casita wrote:

Corporations control everything.

Tell me what they don't control? They obviously got you on the commercial bandwagon, right?

It's not a conspiracy. Money buys votes, who has the money?It's been this way throughout history. Are you telling me a poor family has the same amount of power as a major corporation? If so, you are wicked naive. Do the people own the internet? Or do corporations? Who has control of private information and give that info to government entities? The list goes on, it's not some secret conspiracy.

I get it the tin hat thing is the cool 4chan style reply. Follow the leader. The leader says tin hat, then it must be a tin hat.
Last edited by Casita on Wed May 07, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Casita wrote:
Viritica wrote:Corporations control everything.

Tell me what they don't control? They obviously got you on the commercial bandwagon, right?

It's not a conspiracy. Money buys votes, who has the money?It's been this way throughout history. Are you telling me a poor family has the same amount of power as a major corporation? If so, you are wicked naive. Do the people own the internet? Or do corporations? Who has control of private information and give that info to government entities? The list goes on, it's not some secret conspiracy.

I get it the tin hat thing is the cool 4chan style reply. Follow the leader. The leader says tin hat, then it must be a tin hat.

Corporations are also subject to stiff government regulation. They're not above the law, though you may think it.

And I know this may be hard to believe but no one controls the internet. It doesn't have a single owner.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Casita wrote:
Viritica wrote:Corporations control everything.

This is hardly some U.S vanity affair corporations pretty much run or manipulate countries from the get go.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Santa Lucania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Santa Lucania » Wed May 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Fuck that, I don't know about you guys but I really don't want to inherit any of medicos many problems.
Atlas's very own Tropical Paradise with all the Poverty and Income zen equality included.
HDI: 7.14
GINI: 52.7
Government: Democratic Federal Republic
Current Coalition: Progress Coalition/Civic Unity Coalition mixed government.
Climate: Tropical

Casita
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Casita » Wed May 07, 2014 6:56 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
Casita wrote:

If someone try's to act hip, cool, edgy, etc. by picking a unpopular then you are considered cool.

It's not a corporate fascist state.

Did you just read what you wrote?

We're a fucking superpower! Mexico doesn't have shit on us!

Thanks for clearing some things up. Can you yell america is #1 one more time?

I've spent a great deal of time in both countries.

The main sense of freedom that should strike the hearts of every american is the freedom to start a business on the street or else were with very little regulation. If you are poor then you can sell orange juice on the street, unlike that little girl that got harrased for selling lemonade in the US. One has an abundance of opportunity. I've seen people start little shops out of their homes with a lot less licensing nonsense. Ofc, when one starts to make a lot of money, the people want their cut, like the US. But Unlike the US one doesn't get beaten down before they can even get started.

Up until recently there was complete freedom on the net, but now US and Mexico entered a deal where all info can be stored and sold etc a shared agreement. So, less freedom of privacy because of the US.

Small freedoms like what one can do to their homes, never seen house color codes etc. Once again way less crap to go through if one wants to add on etc.

Health care, it's free, one can go to the emergency room without being in debt for life. That's a huge freedom, freedom from medical debt.

Mexico has a world renoun university called UNAM, which is autonomous from the government. There's not one spec of land in the US that can be declared as autonomous with being taken by force if necessary, which happens in mexico too, but the University has held on to its autonomy.
Last edited by Casita on Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Wed May 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Casita wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:

The main sense of freedom that should strike the hearts of every american is the freedom to start a business on the street or else were with very little regulation. If you are poor then you can sell orange juice on the street, unlike that little girl that got harrased for selling lemonade in the US. One has an abundance of opportunity. I've seen people start little shops out of their homes with a lot less licensing nonsense. Ofc, when one starts to make a lot of money, the people want their cut, like the US. But Unlike the US one doesn't get beaten down before they can even get started.

Up until recently there was complete freedom on the net, but now US and Mexico entered a deal where all info can be stored and sold etc a shared agreement. So, less freedom of privacy because of the US.

Small freedoms like what one can do to their homes, never seen house color codes etc. Once again way less crap to go through if one wants to add on etc.

Health care, it's free, one can go to the emergency room without being in debt for life. That's a huge freedom, freedom from medical debt.

Mexico has a world renoun university called UNAM, which is autonomous from the government. There's not one spec of land in the US that can be declared as autonomous with being taken by force if necessary, which happens in mexico to, but the University has held on to it's autonomy.

Well, a few organizations would like to disagree with you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_in_the_World
http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

Surprise surprise, the US is more economically free.
Last edited by Pandeeria on Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed May 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
Casita wrote:

Mexico has a world renoun university called UNAM, which is autonomous from the government. There's not one spec of land in the US that can be declared as autonomous with being taken by force if necessary, which happens in mexico to, but the University has held on to it's autonomy.

but they're in the pockets of the coporaralations to!!!!!11!!111!!1one!!!

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Wed May 07, 2014 7:03 pm

God no, what a terrible idea. Even the least developed state in the union is more developed than Mexico.
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Wed May 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Viritica wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:

but they're in the pockets of the coporaralations to!!!!!11!!111!!1one!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he/she said counter argued with that.

Casita
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Casita » Wed May 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
Casita wrote:

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

Surprise surprise, the US is more economically free.

Not necessarily US is rock bottom on fiscal freedom and the people don't even have free health care. But a high tax burden. And medical debt burden etc Wars cost a crap ton of money though. The small businesses example I provided is still valid.

The wiki link fails to recognize the two party rule of the US etc, which would put the US much lower. Democracy doesnt necessarily mean freedom either. the list is out of context and the data could be manipulated according to the parameters given. If we were to make our own parameters, we would see a different story. Essentially it's just a subjective and fun list.

Casita
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Casita » Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm

To the tin hat guy.

I didn't say the net was controlled by one entity. The net is controlled by corporations, you know companies like yahoo, Google, cable companies etc there's a ton of corporations, which sell info to the government.
There are some providers that attempt to remain independent, but those providers have no where near the traffic.

Are you seriously this dim or uneducated, that you cant come up with a reply without a picture and repeating yourself incessantly? Or is it your net character? It's not like I'm quoting Roddy Piper from "They Live"
Last edited by Casita on Wed May 07, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General