NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: The Future of II

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Leistung
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

OOC: The Future of II

Postby Leistung » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Many of the people who will sign this petition have been on NS for quite some time. We all are quite aware that this is a game first and foremost, but for many of us, it is a game which has occupied a good bit of time, and which represents a fair amount of work.

Quite frankly, we cannot abide the current situation on International Incidents, and on Global Economics and Trade any longer. Stickies have not worked. Leading by example has not worked. As much as we try to blame this on older players, the simple fact of the matter is that nothing we have tried to do to remedy the situation passively has been successful.

II, once the site of so many intriguing and engaging roleplays, is dead. From the ashes of good roleplay have emerged a thousand one-line, out of character RPs which consist of nothing more than one player referring to his or her nation as a person, and doing battle with others in poorly worded, poorly thought out scenarios.

We understand that some people who cannot write as well as others still wish to RP – we welcome this. What we do not welcome is a blatant lack of effort, and an absolute and total disregard for the simple rules of keeping in-character, not spamming, and for Christ’s sake, writing in English.

Moderation has half-heartedly attempted to address the issue, and as much as it pains us to say, their inactivity has led to most of the Jolt crowd to become frustrated beyond belief, leaving NS entirely or fading into obscurity, pushed off by legions of “roleplayers” who accumulate like detritus and disallow fresh roleplayers from flourishing. Someone who happened to stumble upon II today would be disgusted, and would not take a second look at it as they calmly left the site, completely unaware of the sleeping giant that is old II.

We have reached the point where the simple, “if you don’t like it, don’t play with them” no longer applies. The influence of bad roleplayers does not only bring down the quality of the board as a whole, (an irritation of course, but not one we cannot abide), it also disallows new roleplayers just finding out about NS to find their niche among good roleplays. Now, the only characters this site attracts are the ones who see and repeat what they assume to be condoned behavior.

With this in mind, the undersigned plead with members of the moderation team to institute some, any sort of system of official regulations on roleplaying standards. Furthermore, we ask IIers to remember that this is a roleplaying board, and that there are certain standards we have all agreed to abide by by entering it. We do not wish for II to become a board of Tolstoys – simply for it to rise out of the cesspool of out of character illiteracy which prevents its future from being realized.

Signed,

Leistung
République vertoise
Republic of Vertou

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Signed, New Kereptica.
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:44 pm

That was one of the reasons I migrated to Earth II, the NS version of a country club.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Teccor
Minister

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Teccor » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:44 pm

Signed, Teccor
"The modern definition of "racist" is someone who is winning an argument with a liberal leftist." -Peter Brimelow
Important People
Minister of Commerce: Alexander Ferinzei
Minister of International Affairs: Mayumi Thyme
Minister of Internal Affairs: Desmond Vito
Minister of Defence: Martin Langfield
Wars
Shataristani War (Treaty Reached)
WarLev
Peacetime
[Arms Build-up]
Small-Scale Conflict
Full-Scale War
You... you snowman! ~ New Kereptica, on Racial Slurs
I find flipping people off to work quite well ~ Buffet and Colbert, on Dating
Zetion wrote:Fuck PETA, my meat tastes better knwoing they dont want me to eat it.
Marquesan wrote:Furthermore, a news flash. This just in from the department of pancakes: F*ck waffles.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Also, Signed, Bavin, as I do do character RP's on II.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

LINTYLAND
Minister

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby LINTYLAND » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Signed, Lintyland

I may have not been on here for long, but i kind of understand your pain :(
14:12 Solm Black people shouldn't be on NS

I makeTitles!!!
Pew! Pewwwwwww! Explosion!!!

Oseato
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Hopefully someone will give this the attention it deserves. It's become increasingly frustrating to watch as new users completely ignore the stickies and advice from older members. Examples have been shown, lessons attempted to be taught, and apparently all for naught. The old fall backs of past years that place the blame on the older rpers can't simply explain or wash away the facts of the current RPing situation. Sure, every generation sees changes and every generation complains about the next, but honestly, II and GET are spiraling out of control.

Something has to be done to see marked improvement. Stickies, guides, and example RPs aren't cutting it anymore.

I, Oseato, hereby sign this petition.
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Signed.

I simply cannot agree more. II is beyond "dying."
Last edited by Santheres on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

North-Point
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby North-Point » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Signed, North Point

Zinaire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zinaire » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Signed, Zinaire
THE REPUBLIC OF ZINAIRE
LAND OF TROPICAL PROMISE

Factbook | Embassies | ODECON | Tarquinia

Nialyth
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nialyth » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Signed, Mu Empire of The Naacal

Malachor III
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Malachor III » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:48 pm

Signed, let competent rping return to II and revive NS. Out with this garbage.

Travda
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Travda » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:48 pm

If II improves to what it used to be I might actually return to NS.
Formerly Traxa, Unkerlantum, Cheronton

Stoklomolvi
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stoklomolvi » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:49 pm

I may not be one to complain, considering my rather well-known rants against the establishment, pompous elitism, and the whole idea of "country clubs," but it must be done.

I, Stoklomolvi, hereby sign this petition.
Demonym: Stoklomolvi
Stoklomolvi Liaoist Federation
Factbook -- Interpol -- Liaoism (old) -- News Agency (old) -- Commerce Comissariat -- Minyang
Defensive Preparedness: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nuclear Launch Protocol: А | Б | В | Г | Д
Leader: Commissar Vladimir Mikhailovich Stuyonovich

Traxa
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Traxa » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Bring back the glory days! Signed
Join Anterra actively looking for new members
Apply on our Forums
Our IRC Channel, stop by and say hello.
Boys have a Penis...Girls have a Vagina.

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Signed Onekawa-Nukanor
I am not the oldest of nations but this does annoy me to the highest degree
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Unkerlantum
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Unkerlantum » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:50 pm

I do miss the old days...signed.

Solarva
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Solarva » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:51 pm

Double post, sorry
Last edited by Solarva on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Conglomerate.

Quintus_I
Civilian

Founded: Aug 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintus_I » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:51 pm

Signed, I will not go quietly into the night.

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Signed, Binaria

I find it amusing how parts of the problem are agreeing with this.
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

Solarva
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Solarva » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:52 pm

I too agrees that the quality of RPs in II need to be improved.

Signed Solarva
Member of the Conglomerate.

Silvasnia
Civilian

Founded: Dec 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvasnia » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Travda wrote:If II improves to what it used to be I might actually return to NS.

I second this

Clamparapa
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Clamparapa » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Signed, Clamparapa

II needs to be saved. Too many times have I sat here wanting to join an RP, go do something, come back to join, and it has gone to Hell. We need SOMETHING.

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:54 pm

I hereby rescind my support.
Last edited by The Scandinvans on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Falsonia
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Falsonia » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:56 pm

Let's hope this will work, chaps. Pip pip!

Signed, Falsonia

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents