NATION

PASSWORD

Blood, Money, and Oil [Mercenary - OOC - MT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:23 am

Imperial City-States wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Depends on the rocket and the tank.

I guess that's true but even 122mm Rockets aren't super effective against medium armor. Although you could make a makeshift shaped charge with a copper cone.

Or just immobilise the tank with ground-based RPG fire, and then deal with it from there.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:26 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
I guess that's true but even 122mm Rockets aren't super effective against medium armor. Although you could make a makeshift shaped charge with a copper cone.

Or just immobilise the tank with ground-based RPG fire, and then deal with it from there.

Well the rockets are more suited to a Air support role against static or slow moving targets. If you're going to immobilize them with RPG fire you might as well destroy them with infantry based AT fire to save on cost.
http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Imperial+City-States
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

Unapologetically American
U.S Army

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:28 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

Well the rockets are more suited to a Air support role against static or slow moving targets. If you're going to immobilize them with RPG fire you might as well destroy them with infantry based AT fire to save on cost.

And then save the rockets for when they're really needed, which is what I'm doing. The Sultan is acting as Orcus' ace in the hole as such, and they won't risk it unless they have no choice but to commit it.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:29 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

And then save the rockets for when they're really needed, which is what I'm doing. The Sultan is acting as Orcus' ace in the hole as such, and they won't risk it unless they have no choice but to commit it.

Well you can 'make' your own rockets that incorporate a shaped charge if you want. I know a guy who can do it in EOD....
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

U.S Army

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:32 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

Well you can 'make' your own rockets that incorporate a shaped charge if you want. I know a guy who can do it in EOD....

Probably. I could also modify the launchers so that the slots used to carry training rockets carry actual rockets instead.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:38 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

Probably. I could also modify the launchers so that the slots used to carry training rockets carry actual rockets instead.

I wouldn't , to much effort for what it provides
George Orwell
George Orwell

U.S Army

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:41 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

Adding 5 extra, smaller rockets per pod?

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

Not going to make much of a difference , i think you'd be better off spending money on other things such as SAM's
George Orwell
George Orwell

U.S Army

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:44 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

Not going to make much of a difference , i think you'd be better off spending money on other things such as SAM's

I don't think we're allowed SAMs.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:25 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Alouite wrote:That only says that the actually involvement in war is new, not that the company is.

So a private military company operates in the red for forty odd years before finally getting a job now?

That stretches credulity. Regardless, though, it's really not that difficult Alouite; Arc, as OP, would like you not to have tanks. Whether or not that is terribly realistic is a point we can debate back and forth, but it is, all in all, his decision.

A few posts back I asked for his final decision. He will
I am awaiting it. Also until this they were still stockpiling supplies abd money so they'd be ready.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Wahland
Envoy

Founded: Jan 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wahland » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:02 pm

ill be editing my app shortly

Treneria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 12, 2013

Postby Treneria » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Sorry for not posting for a while. If I'm specially needed feel free to TG me.

Trouble need not come looking, for I will have already found it.
LEO Supporter.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Treneria wrote:Sorry for not posting for a while. If I'm specially needed feel free to TG me.

You should run the update.

This is the point where I nod sagely.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:38 pm

So, OP2.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Arcerion
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:47 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:So, OP2.

Yeah, I had something big come up at work. Guilt will get a hold of me and force me to move this along ASAP, just gotta sort out dat real-life shenanigans.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:34 pm

Ah, well. She was a good thought.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse