NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Liberate Slavia" (SC #130)

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Repeal "Liberate Slavia" (SC #130)

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Repeal "Liberate Slavia"
Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC #130 | Proposed by: The North Polish Union

The Security Council;

RECOGNIZING that the original purpose of SC Resolution #130 "Liberate Slavia" was to prevent the refounding of that region by a hostile occupying force;

COGNIZANT that the liberation served its intended purpose insofar as the occupying forces were unable to turn their conquest into a permanent occupation of the region and that said forces have since been removed, thereby allowing for the original inhabitants to return to their region;

APPLAUDING when such international efforts are made to protect the sovereignty of vulnerable regions such as Slavia;

NOTING that, since the occupying force has since been removed, the continued presence of a liberation on Slavia hinders efforts to bolster the region's security;

FURTHER NOTING that the inability of Slavia to instigate more rigorous security measures may result in a renewed hostile occupation, which would go contrary to the original ideals of SC #130;

BELIEVING that it is the Security Council's duty to aid regions in their efforts to maintain security;

THIS BODY does hereby repeal SC Resolution #130, "Liberate Slavia".


Yeah, I know there's already a thread on this, but since this is an entirely different draft, I feel it warrants its own thread. All constructive comments/criticisms are welcomed.

Repeal "Liberate Slavia"
Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC #130 | Proposed by: The North Polish Union

The Security Council;

RECOGNIZING that the original purpose of SC Resolution #130 "Liberate Slavia" was to prevent the refounding of that region by a hostile occupying force; and

APPLAUDING such international efforts as are made to respect the sovereignty of such vulnerable regions;

NOTING THAT, however, that the occupying force has since been removed and that the continued presence of a liberation on Slavia is a hindrance to efforts to renew the region's security;

FURTHER NOTING that the inability of Slavia to instigate more rigorous security measures may result in a renewed hostile occupation, which would go contrary to the original ideals of SC Resolution # 130;

BELIEVING that, as a body whose duty it it is to "spread interregional peace and goodwill" it is the Security Council's duty to aid regions in their efforts to maintain security;

THIS BODY does hereby repeal SC Resolution #130 "Liberate Slavia".
Last edited by Sedgistan on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Venico
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1197
Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Woooh! I can use my sleeper then! :D
Priest of Raider Unity!

I only regret that I have but one WA to give for my region
[21:46] <+Xoriet> How can you resist Ven? It's impossible!

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Venico wrote:Woooh! I can use my sleeper then! :D

No. Go back to being Delegate of Osiris so you don't have a mobile WA until this is over. :P
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Ramaeus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1005
Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Not bad. Some changes:
RECOGNIZING that the original purpose of SC Resolution #130 "Liberate Slavia" was to prevent the refounding of that region by a hostile occupying force; and
The "and" at the end of the clause isn't necessary. Also, small stylistic change: have bold + caps at the beginning of each clause. It looks more professional.

APPLAUDING such international efforts as are made to respect the sovereignty of such vulnerable regions;

That clause doesn't flow too well. Suggested clause: "APPLAUDING when international efforts are made to protect the sovereignty of vulnerable regions like Slavia;"

NOTING that, however, that the occupying force has since been removed and that the continued presence of a liberation on Slavia is a hindrance hinders to efforts to renew bolster the region's security;

Removing some unnecessary words, and adding some new ones to make the clause flow better.

FURTHER NOTING that the inability of Slavia to instigate more rigorous security measures may result in a renewed hostile occupation, which would go contrary to the original ideals of SC Resolution # 130;
Not a bad clause.

BELIEVING that, as a body whose duty it it is to "spread interregional peace and goodwill" it is the Security Council's duty to aid regions in their efforts to maintain security;
Eliminating a superfluous part of that clause.

THIS BODY doesHereby repeals SCResolution #130, "Liberate Slavia".

Not too bad. I went ahead and bolded the beginning of each clause, so you get an idea of what it looks like. Also, suggested additions are underlined, and suggested edits have been struck through.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former thing.

User avatar
Port blood
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:07 pm

You submitting this will mean a insta-fail,you know that right?
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.



Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

User avatar
Ramaeus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1005
Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Port blood wrote:You submitting this will mean a insta-fail,you know that right?

And you would think AMOM submitting anything would be an instant success, but that is not the case.
Former thing.

User avatar
Port blood
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Port blood wrote:You submitting this will mean a insta-fail,you know that right?

And you would think AMOM submitting anything would be an instant success, but that is not the case.


I mean because hes basically enemy #1 when it comes to this subject
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.



Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

User avatar
Ramaeus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1005
Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Port blood wrote:I mean because hes basically enemy #1 when it comes to this subject

There's no way anyone can predict the outcome of a vote, Port blood. Hence why I showed you Commend Francos Spain. As an aside, several knowledgeable people thought that proposal would pass, not fall flat like it did.
Former thing.

User avatar
Venico
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1197
Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:32 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
Venico wrote:Woooh! I can use my sleeper then! :D

No. Go back to being Delegate of Osiris so you don't have a mobile WA until this is over. :P


Mate I'm Venicos Left Fist at the moment. The second any repeal passed for Slavia you will see me drop WA. :D
Priest of Raider Unity!

I only regret that I have but one WA to give for my region
[21:46] <+Xoriet> How can you resist Ven? It's impossible!

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Ramaeus wrote:Not bad. Some changes:
RECOGNIZING that the original purpose of SC Resolution #130 "Liberate Slavia" was to prevent the refounding of that region by a hostile occupying force; and
The "and" at the end of the clause isn't necessary. Also, small stylistic change: have bold + caps at the beginning of each clause. It looks more professional.

APPLAUDING such international efforts as are made to respect the sovereignty of such vulnerable regions;

That clause doesn't flow too well. Suggested clause: "APPLAUDING when international efforts are made to protect the sovereignty of vulnerable regions like Slavia;"

NOTING that, however, that the occupying force has since been removed and that the continued presence of a liberation on Slavia is a hindrance hinders to efforts to renew bolster the region's security;

Removing some unnecessary words, and adding some new ones to make the clause flow better.

FURTHER NOTING that the inability of Slavia to instigate more rigorous security measures may result in a renewed hostile occupation, which would go contrary to the original ideals of SC Resolution # 130;
Not a bad clause.

BELIEVING that, as a body whose duty it it is to "spread interregional peace and goodwill" it is the Security Council's duty to aid regions in their efforts to maintain security;
Eliminating a superfluous part of that clause.

THIS BODY doesHereby repeals SCResolution #130, "Liberate Slavia".

Not too bad. I went ahead and bolded the beginning of each clause, so you get an idea of what it looks like. Also, suggested additions are underlined, and suggested edits have been struck through.

Thanks for the help!I'll make most of those changes. I just couldn't think of the right English word for what I wanted to say in that clause about hindering security efforts. :blush:

Also, I want to use that last clause "THIS BODY does hereby repeal etc." It looks much more formal, IMO.
Port blood wrote:
Ramaeus wrote:And you would think AMOM submitting anything would be an instant success, but that is not the case.


I mean because hes basically enemy #1 when it comes to this subject

Its ironic that I'm "enemy #1" on this and also the most raiderist person in the entirety of Slavia. But hey, whatever. :P

EDIT: Added a new second clause.
Last edited by The North Polish Union on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Ramaeus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1005
Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:Thanks for the help!I'll make most of those changes. I just couldn't think of the right English word for what I wanted to say in that clause about hindering security efforts. :blush:

Also, I want to use that last clause "THIS BODY does hereby repeal etc." It looks much more formal, IMO.

Don't mention it. Happy to help.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former thing.

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:49 am

I'll submit this tomorrow if there's no further issues brought up.
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Port blood
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 am

The North Polish Union wrote:Its ironic that I'm "enemy #1" on this and also the most raiderist person in the entirety of Slavia. But hey, whatever. :P


I was hinting at the arguing with the FRA in the other thread
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.



Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Submitted.
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Shnrubton
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Mar 01, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shnrubton » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:28 am

We are curious as to how the repealing of SC #130 would bolster security on your region. The resolution at vote was very vague in that respect.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3007
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Consular » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:32 am

"Coathored by The Ameliorate of Milograd"

Coathored.

:meh:

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:45 am

Consular wrote:"Coathored by The Ameliorate of Milograd"

Coathored.

:meh:

Dang... :meh:
Shnrubton wrote:We are curious as to how the repealing of SC #130 would bolster security on your region. The resolution at vote was very vague in that respect.

It would allow us to put a password back on the region, which is vital to the security of the region right now.
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 9237
Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:50 am

Consular wrote:"Coathored by The Ameliorate of Milograd"

Coathored.

:meh:

0/10 Voting against now.

Poor Milo.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Major and Field Marshal of The Black Hawks
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Jakker, Tal, and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: "I don't think chatting with someone over the Internet about casual topics falls under faithful or unfaithful. :<"

User avatar
Port blood
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Ofc against


Want your own region to be secure? don't raid
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.



Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Port blood wrote:Ofc against


Want your own region to be secure? don't raid

The original reason for our being invaded was that we defended... :P

Maybe "Want your own region to be secure? Don't get involved in R/D ever" would be a better statement, though probably still untrue.
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat
 
Posts: 974
Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Interesting history of the region. It looks as though it was invader / colonist?

Waback Machine link to the past
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3007
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Consular » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:41 am

And now defenders are helping said invader region protect itself. Pretty cool, huh?

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:47 am

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Interesting history of the region. It looks as though it was invader / colonist?

Waback Machine link to the past

Eh, not really...

I was WAD at the time that was posted and so I usually hardly had any clue what they army was doing, but I do remember people griping on the RMB for days every time we raided someone who hadn't been extremely irritating to us.

Most of those regions were just founded by us originally anyways... :P
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Port blood
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:53 am

The North Polish Union wrote:
Sichuan Pepper wrote:Interesting history of the region. It looks as though it was invader / colonist?

Waback Machine link to the past

Eh, not really...

I was WAD at the time that was posted and so I usually hardly had any clue what they army was doing, but I do remember people griping on the RMB for days every time we raided someone who hadn't been extremely irritating to us.

Most of those regions were just founded by us originally anyways... :P


You as the chosen representative of your region are responsible for the actions of your army and your citizens
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.



Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

User avatar
Railano
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Railano » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Railano supports the repeal of liberation resolutions when they are no longer necessary to protect a region. Based on our analysis, it appears this is the case for Slavia.

Accordingly, we intend to vote FOR this proposal.

John McCloskey
Deputy Ambassador to the World Assembly, Kingdom of Railano

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads