NATION

PASSWORD

2015 (Modern World, OOC/Signups, Open, New Thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Who are you?

OP/Co-OP
11%
Player here
27%
Former player
13%
Lurker
12%
Person who isn't here for any reason
30%
other (eg. moderator, etc.)
7%

Total votes : 92

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

2015 (Modern World, OOC/Signups, Open, New Thread)

Postby Bujahla » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:05 pm

2015 - Modern RP
That's right! It's 2015 now in the RP!

Links:
Old OOC Thread | IC Thread | EU Thread | CIS Thread | NATO Thread | G8 Thread

UN Links:
GA Resolution Thread | GA Discussion Thread | SC Resolution Thread | SC Discussion Thread

People:
Original Creator: Coptic Archism
OP: Bujahla
Co-OP: Waztaskio, Ptolemais, Hobbesistan

-- Table of Contents --
0. OP Directives
1. Description of RP
2. Map of RP (TBD)
3. Country List
4. Application
5. Rules

OP Directives
OP Directive: This is a mature forum. There shall be no name calling nor other immature verbal abuse such as cussing within the thread. Please control yourselves if you feel like you need to cuss at someone. Step off the computer and then come back. It's just a game, no need to get so violent. Failure to abide by this will result in follow up responses by me the Co-OP's. I didn't know this needed to be stated....

OP Directive: Please spoil all photos from here on out. Photo spam is not acceptable nor mature.

Description of RP

The year is 2015. Russia is abusing it's power and launching the world into what many are (immaturely) believing to be a new Cold War. The world is at a near-all-time high for violence with the Second Georgian War, the South East Asian War, Spanish-Morroco War, Syrian Civil War, Afghanistan War and many other conflicts all at once. It is a dangerous place full of riots and irresponsible governments. How will you shape the world of tomorrow?

OOC: Hey guys. Here is the new thread for the RP. I moved it here after many complaints due to the previous OP's lack of activity. The RP will pass at a rate of about one week every day. Crises will arise naturally by the players or by me shall it be necessary. Keep up all the good work with an active OP and we should be good. To all you new folks, welcome.

Map of the RP

Map thanks to Republic of Bordeaux

Country List

Below is the list of Accepted Apps. If your nation was accepted but not added to the list. Please TG me ASAP so that I can fix this.
Thailand ((Composed of ASEAN)) - Rephesus
Japan - Ptolemais
The UK - Alleniana
Germany - Roski
Russia - Galter Gulcher
China - Graknopia
Spain - Forty Twoania
Poland - Aldelxane
Italy - Talanzaar
Turkey - The Enclave Government
USA - Waztaskio
India -The Grand Republic of Hannover
South Africa - Columbion
Morocco - Roski
Denmark - Grafulk Shayneshall
Serbia - Serbian Kosovo
Canada - Republic of Vectors
Ukraine - The New Greek Republic
Mexico - Waztaskio
Costa Rica ((Political Party)) - Waztaskio
Colombia - The Grand Republic of Hannover
North Korea - Holy Church of Land and Sea
Algeria - The Grant Republic of Hannover
Brazil - Auxria
[/box]

Australia
Indonesia
Canada
Sweden
Norway
Denmark
Greece
Ireland
Portugal
Netherlands
Venezuela
Chile
Egypt
South Africa
Mexico

Application

Code: Select all
[box]
    [b][size=150]Nation Info: [/size][/b]
    [b]Nation Name:[/b] (FORMAL NAME ONLY)
    [b]Head of State:[/b]
    [b]Head of Government[/b]

[b]Government Form:[/b]
    [b]Ideology:[/b] (Political, not economic)
    [b]Foreign Policy:[/b] (How does your nation see the world? What is its stance or position on issues outside its country?)
    [b]Civil Freedoms /10:[/b]
    [b]Political Freedoms /10:[/b]
    [b]Economic Freedoms /10:[/b]

[b]Military Size:[/b]
    [b]Military Description:[/b] (ie, quality of equipment, doctrine, etc.)

[b]Description of Your Nation's Economy:[/b]
    [b]Description of Your Nation's Government:[/b]
    [b]Small History of your nation from now until mid-2015: (or whenever the RP is currently at)[/b]

[b]Goals for the Nation:[/b] (what do you plan on doing with it?)

[b][size=150]RP Experience:[/size][/b]
    [b]RP's you are currently in:[/b]
    [b]RP's you were in the past:[/b]
    [b]Link to best (or good) RP sample:[/b]
    [b]How active will you be?:[/b]
    [b]Why'd you choose this nation?[/b] (just interested in seeing why people pick stuff)
    429  - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.[/box]

Rules

Timescale:
In this RP there is no set timescale for say. It is suggested that every day IRL is one week IC. This does not have to necessarily be met, but it's so that people don't post one month in advance. If need be, I will make posts as the Associated Press that will speed up time.

Historical Accuracy:
What does this mean? Obviously, it doesn't mean that we're going to be following history's course exactly, or at all. That would ruin the point of this RP! Try and do some different strategies and such as so much can happen. However, this does NOT give you the right to futz with everything all the time always. What do I mean? Well, you can't instantly change your country's goals, for one. Killing off certain figures and promoting new ones for convenience is frowned upon.

Waging War:
Any conflict that is started must be waged reasonably and realistically. Also be aware of the terrian you are invading as that is a determining factor in battles. Troop mobilization on a nationwide scale takes time as well, at the very least two weeks for the most advanced nations just in the home region.

Technology:
Understanding the limitations of your nation's technology is important. Soviet Union does not have spy-planes and has not yet found out how to properly land on another planet like the USA has. There are limitations for most countries as they are not as advanced as the Russian's or Americans or any real nation at that power. Just know what you can and cannot do.

Know How to Lose:
If you lose, say good game and go on. You can request to play as a revolutionary with new goals in the country you lost power in if you wish, just be realistic and don't go out there doing superman style politics/warfare.

Meta-Gaming:
What is meta-gaming? If something is talked about in OOC, for example a invasion plan for Afghanistan. I don't want someone going in there and placing troops in the way of the plan just from what they read in OOC.

Nuclear Warfare:
This will be the last point. Nuclear Weapons usage are going to be a strict part of this RP as Fallout is not something nice and there are rules on how to properly use them and try and not be so-..ugh about it. Let us say two countries go to war, I don't want the two countries to as soon as they get into conflict, launch a nuclear missile at someone. If you are expecting to do that, this is not your RP. Now I will allow nuclear weapons to fly at times, but be aware of range and the possibility of it not making it to the target. Use it as sorta a "Last-Resort tactic". All Nuclear strikes must be pre-approved by me and made with legit reasons, even if you are bluffing the use just to get what you want.

Needing OP help:
This RP has finally (yay!) got to the point where people are posting a ton in the OOC. Because of that I will not be reading all of it. If you need me use the following tags that I'll be looking for:
- 429 - Application or App assistance
- 411 - Questions or concerns
- 911 - Emergency that needs OP resolution
- 365 - Reporting rule violations (godmodding, metagaming, etc.)

Post Quality:
Please do not post one liners! two liners! or three liners! These posts can be so much better and it degrades the quality of the RP and your reputation when you make such small posts. Please step it up. As well, please don't gigantic (900 pixel) flags as well. Keep them to a modest size.

Basic Forum Etiquette:
Simple forum etiquette applies here as it does everywhere else. This means following the standard rules.

Rule Violations:
From here on out, all violations of the rules need-to-be/should-be reported using the following code. If someone god mods or meta games, report it. Don't just wag a finger, actually say what they did, where it was wrong, and what should be done. Should the person be kicked? Should we restart the RP? What needs to happen?

Code: Select all
[b][u]Who did it:[/u][/b]
[b][u]What did they do:[/u][/b] (Godmod, meta game, etc.)
[b][u]Links to the post:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Brief Description of why it is godmoding/metagaming/etc.:[/u][/b]
[b][u]What should be done:[/u][/b]
365 - do not remove tracking purposes

Have fun!
Credits to Waztaskio for the basic design and rules of the RP
Last edited by Bujahla on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:04 am, edited 80 times in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:06 pm

- reserve -
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi
I'm really tired

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:09 pm

USA, is still here.

Talanzaar
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talanzaar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:09 pm

tag
Chancellor of the Region of Esamir

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Mexico

Winovia
Minister

Founded: Nov 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Winovia » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:10 pm

You didnt put me as Peru

EDIT: All inactive nations should be removed from the list
Last edited by Winovia on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Her Majesty Queen Sophie I | Prime Minister Michelle Harper
WinoviaGov.wi | WinoviaEmbassy.wi | WCNN.wi

Talanzaar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talanzaar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm not on the list as italy

Limborg
Senator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Nice to see a fresh OOC :)

Still Iran btw.
Last edited by Limborg on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The new united britsh empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The new united britsh empire » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Please put me as Somaliland with my nations real name (in sig)
Last edited by Yahweh 13.8 billion years ago edited 7 eras total

My IC name is The New United British Empire, If not then call me Yitzchak

The Broken Russian States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Broken Russian States » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:13 pm

@ Waz: NATO will be forced to wage war with the Russian Federation should peace talks fail in Argentina

@Others: NATO has a total of 9.2 million soldiers, reserved and not.

I hope the peace talks work.
Somewhat official debating account of Roski

Ptolemais
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ptolemais » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Waztaskio wrote:I'm not reading eight pages of the OOC. So what does the USA need to respond to so I can make a post about it?

EDIT: WHY IS THE VATICAN GETTING INVADED!!!! Whoever is doing that, your going to get invaded or everyone is going to stop trading with you, as that is the ultimate insult and a violation of international law that had a treaty signed.

RUSSIA AND IRAN HAVE INVADED YOUR ALLIES IN THE MIDDLE EAST. DANGER USA, DANGER!
CURRENT:
N/A

FORMER:
Scandinavian Union in 1992 Modern Scenario (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295466) [Co-OP]
Japan in 2016 Modern World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184) [Co-OP]
Canada in 2014 Real World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272910)
Great Shogunate of Japan in 1914 AH RP - The Great War (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287302)
Orb Union in Pandyssia, Blood and Iron (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289399)
LIKES: Secularism, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Aristocracy, Constitutional Monarchy
DISLIKES: Militant Atheism, Fundamentalism, Radical Feminism, Plutocracy, Communism

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

The Broken Russian States wrote:@ Waz: NATO will be forced to wage war with the Russian Federation should peace talks fail in Argentina

And thats just active, we would be calling up the reserves and conscripting so we would have over 40 Million.

Kranstentistan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kranstentistan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

India reporting for duty.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Broken Russian States » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
The Broken Russian States wrote:@ Waz: NATO will be forced to wage war with the Russian Federation should peace talks fail in Argentina

And thats just active, we would be calling up the reserves and conscripting so we would have over 40 Million.

No, thats active and reserve.

We have about 4 million active.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Ptolemais wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:I'm not reading eight pages of the OOC. So what does the USA need to respond to so I can make a post about it?

EDIT: WHY IS THE VATICAN GETTING INVADED!!!! Whoever is doing that, your going to get invaded or everyone is going to stop trading with you, as that is the ultimate insult and a violation of international law that had a treaty signed.

RUSSIA AND IRAN HAVE INVADED YOUR ALLIES IN THE MIDDLE EAST. DANGER USA, DANGER!

You know what, I should honestly just sit back and watch your invasion just fail. All your going to do is increase the amount of Terrorism, and have to retreat. Mabey conduct some Black Ops operations, and C.I.A stuff, but not much else.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 pm

The Broken Russian States wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:And thats just active, we would be calling up the reserves and conscripting so we would have over 40 Million.

No, thats active and reserve.

We have about 4 million active.

Not for the USA, are standing is like 200,000 in ww2, and when we conscripted we had 20 million. And with all of nato doing that, we would have over 40 million. As it is a bigger population.
Last edited by Waztaskio on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talanzaar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talanzaar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:20 pm

I, Italy, am not invading the Vatican right now.

Basically, Pope Francis has been assassinated by an underground murderous Christian extremist group (which is very unrealistic, even the poster said it is unrealistic). At his funeral, even more people died as a result of a gas attack (also unrealistic for such a high profile event). A new Pope has been chosen, but it turns out he is apart of this underground murderous Christian extremist group. He blamed the attack on Muslims and promoted the murder of all Muslims, destruction of mosques around the world etc. etc..

I won't stand for it, violates Italian constitution, and I have the Pope 48 hours to resign and denounce terrorism or action will be taken. Still discussing what that action is.
Last edited by Talanzaar on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Broken Russian States » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Ptolemais wrote:

You know what, I should honestly just sit back and watch your invasion just fail. All your going to do is increase the amount of Terrorism, and have to retreat. Mabey conduct some Black Ops operations, and C.I.A stuff, but not much else.

Well, a they aren't doing an afghanistan and only taking terrorists out. They have directly invaded as if I were to invade Ireland right now. Everyone dies. And Russia will win that war.

Ptolemais
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ptolemais » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Waztaskio wrote:You know what, I should honestly just sit back and watch your invasion just fail. All your going to do is increase the amount of Terrorism, and have to retreat. Mabey conduct some Black Ops operations, and C.I.A stuff, but not much else.

And your gas prices will skyrocket. You will have lost your influence in the Middle East and Russia will reclaim superpower status. We will be back to a bi-polar international system.

The amount of energy Russia will control if they succeed will allow them to control the world essentially.
CURRENT:
N/A

FORMER:
Scandinavian Union in 1992 Modern Scenario (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295466) [Co-OP]
Japan in 2016 Modern World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184) [Co-OP]
Canada in 2014 Real World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272910)
Great Shogunate of Japan in 1914 AH RP - The Great War (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287302)
Orb Union in Pandyssia, Blood and Iron (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289399)
LIKES: Secularism, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Aristocracy, Constitutional Monarchy
DISLIKES: Militant Atheism, Fundamentalism, Radical Feminism, Plutocracy, Communism

Kranstentistan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kranstentistan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Talanzaar wrote:

Basically, Pope Francis has been assassinated by an underground murderous Christian extremist group (which is very unrealistic, even the poster said it is unrealistic). At his funeral, even more people died as a result of a gas attack (also unrealistic for such a high profile event). A new Pope has been chosen, but it turns out he is apart of this underground murderous Christian extremist group. He blamed the attack on Muslims and promoted the murder of all Muslims, destruction of mosques around the world etc. etc..

I won't stand for it, violates Italian constitution, and I have the Pope 48 hours to resign and denounce terrorism or action will be taken. Still discussing what that action is.

Why is the OP letting people get away with this?

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:23 pm

guise halp i want a brazil ;-;

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:24 pm

Ptolemais wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:You know what, I should honestly just sit back and watch your invasion just fail. All your going to do is increase the amount of Terrorism, and have to retreat. Mabey conduct some Black Ops operations, and C.I.A stuff, but not much else.

And your gas prices will skyrocket. You will have lost your influence in the Middle East and Russia will reclaim superpower status. We will be back to a bi-polar international system.

The amount of energy Russia will control if they succeed will allow them to control the world essentially.

Actually, the US more or less can sustain itself energy wise now. We have finally perfected retrieving oil from oil shale and alternate energies will skyrocket.
I'm really tired

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Talanzaar wrote:

So the new pope is calling for murder?

Cyllea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Ptolemais wrote:

USA receives 70%+ of its oil from Canada and USA. Only about 9% comes from the middle east. That's not including the fact that they could get oil from Norway and Mexico.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse