NATION

PASSWORD

Official Embassy of Ainur

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Ainur Official
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Official Embassy of Ainur

Postby Ainur Official » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:01 am

Region | Forums | IRC

Current Government
Monarchy
The King: Augustus Anumia
Prince Consort: Aubrey
Crown Prince: Greyvendal

Ministers
Recruitment: Ponderosa
Foreign Affairs: Ashton Mercer
Culture: Fleet Admiral William Halsey

World Assembly
Delegate: Fleet Admiral William Halsey

About

Ainur is a constitutional monarchy with a very vibrant community which is based around our forums. It is a medium-sized region with a long and rich history. We are a raiding region, home to the Knights of Ainur and Vatican Assassin Warlocks. We are also known for our active roleplays, citizen participation in government, and more. Don't delay, sign up today!

[/align]
Last edited by Ainur Official on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ainur Official
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainur Official » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:02 am

Reserved for further expansion

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:59 am

I thought Ainur died off years ago.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:08 am

Charax wrote:I thought Ainur died off years ago.

Clearly it didn't. It's only existed for a little over a year, anyway.
Last edited by Ponderosa on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:12 am

Ponderosa wrote:
Charax wrote:I thought Ainur died off years ago.

Months then. Cormac and Isidor founded it and it went well for a while, then became inactive. Or so I thought.
◆◆◆

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:19 am

Charax wrote:
Ponderosa wrote:

Months then. Cormac and Isidor founded it and it went well for a while, then became inactive. Or so I thought.

Apollo was the original founder. Isidor has since left the region, and I don't think Cormac was in it at all.
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:20 am

Charax wrote:
Ponderosa wrote:

lol what the fuck are you smoking

Are you thinking of Asgard?
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:23 am

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Charax wrote:Months then. Cormac and Isidor founded it and it went well for a while, then became inactive. Or so I thought.

Yes. Yes I am.
◆◆◆

Ainur Official
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainur Official » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:50 am

First Foreign Update
of the
Kingdom of Ainur

Dispatched on: August 2013

The Current Ainurian Government
King: Augustus
Crown Prince: To be Appointed

Steward: Amanae Smythe
Foreign Secretary: William
Home Secretary: Ashton Mercer

Speaker of the Senate: William
Senators: Bayard Smythe, Ashton Mercer

Forum Move

The past few weeks have been difficult ones for Ainur, and, as a consequence, we have had to switch forums to our current ones, which can be found by clicking here. We request that all of our friends who have not yet moved their embassies to our new forums do so as soon as possible.

The forum move was necessitated when it appeared as though Apollo, the founder of Ainur, was going to leave NationStates and shut down the region. Ainurians prevailed on him to pass on the founder account for the region, but he did not similarly hand over the root admin account for the forums. Therefore, the region as a whole thought it best if we move to fresh forums were we could start securely with a root admin in place.

We thank you all for your understanding in this matter, and we hope to see you soon!

Momentous Constitutional Changes

Last week saw the second major overhaul of the current Ainurian constitution, which has been in force since February 2013. The most significant change was one by which the previous republican system of two Consuls as joints heads of government and state has been replaced with a King as head of State, whilst the newly minted Steward is the head of government. Former Crown Prince Augustus Anumia was selected as the first King of Ainur (and second monarch since the region's founding). At the same time, the Senate was given a beefed-up role regarding the oversight of the executive, which had been absent in the previous versions of the Constitution.

The executive government has been amended to a more traditional system, with the Steward in a Prime Ministerial role, with ministers to run the various departments of state. The largely redundant post of Chief of Staff was abolished.

The judiciary didn't escape change either. The Supreme Court has been renamed as the High Court, and a new highest court of appeal has been established, the Court of King's Bench which will be presided over by the King himself unless he chooses to appoint someone to preside in his stead.

On the procedural front, a new Article was added to the constitution regarding state of emergency, which were previously omitted. The new system allows a state of emergency to be declared for one month at the most, during which the King may rule by Royal Decree. Although it fills a gap in the previous law, this author hopes that these provisions may long go unused!

Elections, Elections, Elections!

As a prelude to the above constitutional changes, the region first had to elect a Senate with the specific purpose of amending the Constitution in mind. The region had previously been managed by the unofficial Triumvirate consisting of Bayard Smythe, Augustus Anumia and Isidor C. Anumia.

This Senate was the first elected under the rules of the Elections Resolution, which made an "openly posted vote" compulsory. All candidates ran on a platform of accepting the constitutional changes proposed by Augustus Anumia. The three senators elected were Augustus Anumia, Bayard Smythe and William. Soon after the constitutional amendments were passed, Augustus Anumia resigned from the Senate to become King of Ainur, which necessitated a by-election.

Two people contested the by-election, which happened at the same time as the Steward election, with regional veterans Ashton Mercer and Admiral William Halsey running against each other. In the Senatorial by-election, Ashton triumphed on a platform of reforming and streamlining government over Halsey's promises to introduce regional holidays and establish a clear line of succession.

In the Steward election, Ashton was running against Amanae. After a spirited campaign, Amanae was elected as the first Steward of Ainur. For this term, she pledged a scheme of cultural innovation and renovation which will put Ainur back in the forefront of inter-regional life following the strife of the previous month. We urge all our friends in other regions to look our for her upcoming cultural event!

The next General Election is scheduled for 15 August 2013.

A Taste of our Roleplays

With the creation of Ainur's new forums, new creative drive also spawned the birth of four unique Role-Plays. Each inhabiting its own niche with Ainur. The first RP, created by citizen Haley Davenport is, "Escape From Fort Everwick" and follows the travels and conflicts of multiple people on both sides of a war between a government-sanctioned wizard-hunting group and wizards desperately fighting for their freedom. The upcoming Part 2 will exhibit some of Ainur's and NS's finest fantasy RP with new characters, more intense conflicts, and the exploration of a detailed, interesting world with Grey Morality.

The second most popular RP, also created by citizen Haley Davenport is, "Are you a hero or villain?". It documents the happenings of Rock'n City after the sightings and encounters of multiple superhumans permanently change them, their city, and the world. The hero, "The Guardian" and the villain, "Scath" stole the show and encompassed most of the RP in Part 1. The upcoming Part 2 will have new characters and feature the return of two previously RP'ed characters.

The newest active RP, created by Seven Deaths is, "Ravager". A chronicle of the events, individuals, stories, and actions of the individuals on the Mercenary ship the "Ravager". Taking place in the distant future, mercenaries, bounty hunters, and the galaxy's general misfits flock to answer the call of eliminating society's unwanted and criminal. This RP boasts multiple human and non-human characters along with a D&D style system of stats, training, and GM driven missions with the goal of bettering characters, and being completely character driven. Characters are currently training for Mission 2.

Also of note is the currently forming World RP, which will take place in a modern/post-modern setting, and will feature a variety of player-created countries based around the real-life globe. It certainly has the potential to take in a panoramic sweep of politics, industry and war on a truly monumental scale!

Feel free to drop by and join any of our RPs or make one of your own.

Thank you all for reading this Foreign Update! It was brought to you by the Foreign Ministry of Ainur, with contributions from Bayard Smythe, William and Augustus Anumia.
Last edited by Ainur Official on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 pm

There's no forum link attached to the click here :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Libetarian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Libetarian Republics » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Charax wrote:
Ambroscus Koth wrote:

Yes. Yes I am.

whatever you're having, i want some too

Always nice to see a region still alive :P best of luck Ainur.

Ainur Official
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainur Official » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:There's no forum link attached to the click here :P

Fixed. Thanks.

Captain Apollo
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Apollo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Ainur lives! What magic caused this to happen? :P

Anyways, good work kids. There's about 100,000 forum posts between the two of them in about 18 months of existence. That's pretty cool.
Last edited by Captain Apollo on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ainur Official
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainur Official » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Update: January 2014

Regional Population: 71 nations
Forum Posts: 47,872
Registered Members: 107

Current Government
Monarchy
The King: Augustus Anumia
Crown Prince: Greyvendal

Ministers
Recruitment: Ponderosa
Foreign Affairs: Ashton Mercer
Culture: Fleet Admiral William Halsey

World Assembly
Delegate: Fleet Admiral William Halsey

Events

Greyvendal named Crown Prince of Ainur

On January 10, Greyvendal was appointed Crown Prince of Ainur as an honor for his dedication to the region. Greyvendal began his service to Ainur as the region's first Minister of Technology, and has since been serving faithfully as a forum admin. Congratulations, Grey!

The Ainur & Kantrias Winter Festival
December saw the beginning of a new tradition: Ainur hosted the first annual Aniur-Kantrias Winter Festival. It featured forum games and discussions, and successfully reaffirmed the ties between the two regions. The festival ran from December 17 to the 23rd.

New Appointments
On February 5, vacancies in two executive departments were closed. Fleet Admiral William Halsey was chosen as the Minister of Culture, and Ponderosa as the Minister of Recruiting.

These appointments marked the end of Crushita's term as the Culture Minister, and Bayard Smythe's as the Minister of Recruiting. Many thanks to these two for their service in their respective positions.

Banishment of William
Syndicate, better known as William, was banished from Ainur on February 11. William had accumulated a long history of spam and irritating region members and guests. After serving a short forum ban, William was found to be plotting to overthrow the Ainurian government via PMs. This resulted in a permanent ban from the region.

State of Emergency Continues

The state of emergency that began in October is still in effect. The government is operating through monarchy action and citizen input. We send our apologies for our inactivity.

Raids

The Ainurian Armed Forces assisted in the recent raid and occupation of Slavia. Ainur also raided and destroyed The Veil, a small founderless region. Huzzah for Ainur!

Thank you for taking the time to read this update.

Tyler Kazakov IV
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyler Kazakov IV » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:12 pm

So, basically nothing happened?

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Tyler Kazakov IV wrote:So, basically nothing happened?

What would qualify as "something" under your standards? We've been doing normal stuff for the duration of time that this update covers. I only included notable events, which is why I left out your recruitment attack.

Tyler Kazakov IV
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyler Kazakov IV » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Just seems bare and to quick of a read. This is basically recruiting when you send out Updates. You need to make your region seem like the best in the world.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Tyler Kazakov IV wrote:Just seems bare and to quick of a read. This is basically recruiting when you send out Updates. You need to make your region seem like the best in the world.

We refine our recruiting to telegrams, rather than the forums of other regions. Hence our updates are just that- information on current events in the region, without the extra fluff.

Tyler Kazakov IV
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyler Kazakov IV » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 am

Well thats dumb. Ever see Albion's updates? TBR? Thats what an update is.

But I'll leave you to your mess.

The Republic of Kentucky
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Kentucky » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:44 am

Oh like you're one to talk Tyler.
General George Patton “May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't”
Admiral William Frederick "Bull" Halsey “There are no extraordinary men. Just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”

Voltaire "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
Me "Only a few things in life are certain. Death, taxes, and most people wanting a time machine so they can kill Hitler."

Theodore Roosevelt "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

the Imperial Crown
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby the Imperial Crown » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:51 am

Ladies and Gents, just ignore Tyler. He's a determined little troll who has a habit of climbing out from under his bridge once too often.
- Lord Ravenclaw -
10th Pharaoh and World Assembly Delegate
First Pharaoh of House Ravenclaw
= The Desert Star of Osiris =
5th April 2012 - 29th May 2014

Tyler Kazakov IV
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyler Kazakov IV » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:51 pm

lol. Go away, go run your little region until you coup it from yourself.

the Imperial Crown
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby the Imperial Crown » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Tyler Kazakov IV wrote:lol. Go away, go run your little region until you coup it from yourself.

I have never couped a region. Let's not even go to the list of both the things you've done and the regions you're banned from - I've never couped a region and have no intentions too.
- Lord Ravenclaw -
10th Pharaoh and World Assembly Delegate
First Pharaoh of House Ravenclaw
= The Desert Star of Osiris =
5th April 2012 - 29th May 2014

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:58 pm

the Imperial Crown wrote:
Tyler Kazakov IV wrote:lol. Go away, go run your little region until you coup it from yourself.

I have never couped a region. Let's not even go to the list of both the things you've done and the regions you're banned from - I've never couped a region and have no intentions too.

He got himself banned from Ainur again, just yesterday.

Tyler Kazakov IV
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyler Kazakov IV » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Raven, the last 6 or 7 have couped. I highly doubt you won't.

@Pod, oh, did I? Care to explain?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay