NATION

PASSWORD

Top Anti-Gay Group Attempts Public Meeting Over LGBT Rights

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Saveyou Island wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:Would you like to explain how homosexuality is a mental illness?

That's been asked about 50 times. You think he's going to answer?

You think people will stop? NSG is full of individuals who are incapable of realizing when the battle is pointless.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Blasveck wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:Clearly being attracted to another human being is the same as getting off on a toaster.

Dogtoasters, the lot of 'em.....

Well, I have come on a toaster. It's a very warm experience.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Divair wrote:
Saveyou Island wrote:That's been asked about 50 times. You think he's going to answer?

You think people will stop? NSG is full of individuals who are incapable of realizing when the battle is pointless.

What else are we here for but to shout meaningless drivel? :b

Shershah
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shershah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Rocopurr wrote:
Shershah wrote:
Sometimes you have to do what it takes even if it means ending up hated by many.

Would you like to explain how homosexuality is a mental illness?

Explain why paraphilias are what they are and my reasoning is the same.

The Truth and Light wrote:
Shershah wrote:
Sometimes you have to do what it takes even if it means ending up hated by many.

Clearly going against common sense and the interest of the majority, in the name of getting what you want at all costs, is a morally sound ideology, and totes better than kissing boys.

I don't consider it going against common sense, but then again, considering "feminism", i shouldn't be surprised.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Shershah wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:1: Promoting equality is equivalent to 'sympathizing' with the LGBT community? I disagree with your use of the word 'sympathy'.
2: There is nothing even remotely commendable about Russia. Completely disregarding the homophobia of the Russian Federation, it is a false democracy filled with corruption.

1) "No one is equal". That word is sort of like perfection. Something that can never be achieved, not even by law.

2) I'd disagree.

So, I think you are saying you would rather live in Russia than where you are right now, where your ideas could be repressed?
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Shershah wrote:I don't consider it going against common sense, but then again, considering "feminism", i shouldn't be surprised.

CLEARLY mentioning a (topically irrelevant) ideology in quotes gives you some semblance of a point.

*files nails*
Last edited by The Truth and Light on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Shershah wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:1: Promoting equality is equivalent to 'sympathizing' with the LGBT community? I disagree with your use of the word 'sympathy'.
2: There is nothing even remotely commendable about Russia. Completely disregarding the homophobia of the Russian Federation, it is a false democracy filled with corruption.

1) "No one is equal". That word is sort of like perfection. Something that can never be achieved, not even by law.

2) I'd disagree.

1: Everyone might be different, but everyone can still be treated equally by law. If governments end pointless, needless, religiously based discrimination than equality can be achieved.
2: Than please do say some things that could be considered commendable about Russian politics.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Shershah wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:Would you like to explain how homosexuality is a mental illness?

Explain why paraphilias are what they are and my reasoning is the same.

The Truth and Light wrote:Clearly going against common sense and the interest of the majority, in the name of getting what you want at all costs, is a morally sound ideology, and totes better than kissing boys.

I don't consider it going against common sense, but then again, considering "feminism", i shouldn't be surprised.

Paraphilias are different from a sexual orientation and are not a mental illness, to my knowledge.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Shershah wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:Clearly going against common sense and the interest of the majority, in the name of getting what you want at all costs, is a morally sound ideology, and totes better than kissing boys.

Considering you don't think you're ever wrong...

Shershah
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shershah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Shershah wrote:

2) I'd disagree.

So, I think you are saying you would rather live in Russia than where you are right now, where your ideas could be repressed?

Considering where i am right now and what my ideas are, i don't think there is going to be any problem.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:51 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:You're American. I can smell it a continent away.

This here? Trolling. Not cool, and it needs to stop. Nor is it accurate from what I can see. Knock it off. *** Warned ***

Shershah: That line I mentioned earlier in another thread? You've crossed it. *** Warned *** for the trolling. If all you intend to do is insult and take every discussion off the rails, then kindly stop posting in them.

Everybody else: Stop feeding the trolls. Stop engaging in the threadjacks. Simply report it, and ignore it, and carry on with your discussions. It gets to be fairly clear who actually has differing opinions - which are in fact allowed - and those who just want to stir the shit. Don't dive in with them, thanks.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General