NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: "Any Tech" RP Group (Not An Alliance)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New Olwe
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

OOC: "Any Tech" RP Group (Not An Alliance)

Postby New Olwe » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Okay, here's the deal...

New Olwe is a magic-using nation. I've established that quite well in FN&I, yet people still seem surprised by it here on this forum. The problem? There are a LOT of "realists" out there who would prefer that the purity of MT threads not be sullied by anything, well, fun.

So, I propose a comprehensive listing of people who are willing to RP without tech restrictions... magic, spaceships, swords and mounted cavalry, whatever you want, we'll find a way to make it work.

Note that this is NOT an alliance... in order to have any fun with this our nations will have to fight each other.

Also, we should probably try to avoid limiting ourselves to RPing with JUST this group, unless it gets big enough to support that.

Anyway, sign up if you want in (if you guys think a sign-up form is required, I can write one up). Nations currently in the Any Tech RP Group:

Olwe* (magic, some PMT elements)
New Olwe (magic, some FT elements)
West Olwe* (magic, some PMT bordering on FT elements)
Area Sixty-Nine* (heavy PMT and light FT elements, occasional magic)
The Rhythm Nation* (advanced cybernetics and robotics, deities involve themselves in citizens' lives, some miscellaneous fantasy elements)
Karn Evil Nine
Morningstar Coalition
The Ambrose Islands
The Somniphobic
Ozymos
The Fedral Union
Clamparapa
Saurea
Emperor Pudu
Narcidia
Korintar
Romandeos (Elves, possibly other fantasy stuff)
The Romulan Republic
Narodna Odbrana
Grittonia
Prevania
Dekerin Domains
Egalitarian Akros
Draconia Magna
Macureus
The Vorindun
New Vampire Realms
Free Garza
Harlack Mensa
Fortareata
Spredonia
The Ethereal Crescent
Almajoya
Anna Cruces
Acacia Heights Records
Antemyst
Snowy Egrets
Anthro Haven
Deukalionnic Republics
Gc1mak
Jalanat
Thandronim

*= New Olwe puppet.
Last edited by New Olwe on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 am, edited 13 times in total.
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:24 am

What the hell, I'll throw in my hat.

The Morningstar Coalition is itself strictly FT (There are no MT or other era clones/variants). However, I have in the past interacted with MT nations both on Earth Prime, various fractal Earths, and other worlds as well. As such, I have no aversion or prejudice against other tech-era (Or magic) nations.
Normally I tend to avoid overt interaction with MT nations because it's very easy to end up giving them a massive military advantage over their neighbors, or else end up jump-starting that MT nation out into FT ahead of schedule.

That said, the Coalition has no problems with "uplifting" MT nations by selling them technologies to boot-strap them out into interstellar life.
Also, we know about and accept magic and the "paranormal" as a fact of life. We don't ourselves have much experience with magic, but we don't discount it.

Anyways, if/when you get a signup sheet, or even just a format for listing our nations, I'll edit this post to reflect that.
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

The Ambrose Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ambrose Islands » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:49 am

I'm in.

EDIT: I didn't know you had that many puppets.
Last edited by The Ambrose Islands on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:48 am

Not really up for logging out and back in, but one of my puppets would fit right in with this. The Somniphobic. I might squeeze Rethan itself in, if I can find some way to make it interesting and still stick to my vision of the Rethast. For now though, please add the The Somniphobic.

I have seen you around New Olwe, looking forward to some RPing with you if I get the chance.
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:22 am

Rethan wrote:Not really up for logging out and back in, but one of my puppets would fit right in with this. The Somniphobic. I might squeeze Rethan itself in, if I can find some way to make it interesting and still stick to my vision of the Rethast. For now though, please add the The Somniphobic.

Added. I've seen Rethan around, but The Somniphobic doesn't sound familiar... I'm guessing you don't RP with that account as much? And yeah, I don't like logging out and logging back in either.

I have seen you around New Olwe, looking forward to some RPing with you if I get the chance.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it as well.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:45 am

I suppose I could put myself down for this. Although my MT nation is strictly MT, a organisation, or more specifically a paramilitary, exists within Ozymos that is heavily entrenched in fantasy - we're talking pyrokinesis, cellular regeneration, time/space manipulation, plus all kinds of high tech equipment. They can also operate in MT threads, as demonstrated here back on Jolt (look at Ustio North's posts). Bear in mind that they will hide any "paranormal" events from the general public of Ozymos. And they've had a name change since then.

My FT nation is 40K-esque, so doesn't matter.
Last edited by Ozymos on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:50 am

Ozymos wrote:I suppose I could put myself down for this. Although my MT nation is strictly MT, a organisation, or more specifically a paramilitary, exists within Ozymos that is heavily entrenched in fantasy - we're talking pyrokinesis, cellular regeneration, time/space manipulation, plus all kinds of high tech equipment. They can also operate in MT threads, as demonstrated here back on Jolt (look at Ustio North's posts). Bear in mind that they will hide any "paranormal" events from the general public of Ozymos. And they've had a name change since then.

Fair enough. I'll put you down for membership. I'm assuming in order to hide paranormal events your organization has a Haitian of some sort?

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:51 am

New Olwe wrote:
Ozymos wrote:I suppose I could put myself down for this. Although my MT nation is strictly MT, a organisation, or more specifically a paramilitary, exists within Ozymos that is heavily entrenched in fantasy - we're talking pyrokinesis, cellular regeneration, time/space manipulation, plus all kinds of high tech equipment. They can also operate in MT threads, as demonstrated here back on Jolt (look at Ustio North's posts). Bear in mind that they will hide any "paranormal" events from the general public of Ozymos. And they've had a name change since then.

Fair enough. I'll put you down for membership. I'm assuming in order to hide paranormal events your organization has a Haitian of some sort?

Sort of. Either that or they just kill anyone who saw the event.
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:11 am

New Olwe wrote:
Rethan wrote:Not really up for logging out and back in, but one of my puppets would fit right in with this. The Somniphobic. I might squeeze Rethan itself in, if I can find some way to make it interesting and still stick to my vision of the Rethast. For now though, please add the The Somniphobic.

Added. I've seen Rethan around, but The Somniphobic doesn't sound familiar... I'm guessing you don't RP with that account as much? And yeah, I don't like logging out and logging back in either.

I had a few attempts with it back on Jolt, and one here, but I've been busy and a lot of people don't seem too enamoured with the idea of interdimensional beings which spread their influence through nightmares. Hence why I'm happy this has come about. 8)
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:25 am

*idly sends a gift basket*

This sounds like a good idea so I want in.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:52 am

Rethan wrote:I had a few attempts with it back on Jolt, and one here, but I've been busy and a lot of people don't seem too enamoured with the idea of interdimensional beings which spread their influence through nightmares. Hence why I'm happy this has come about. 8)

Yeah, I can see how that sort of thing might piss the "realists" off. :lol:

Sounds pretty awesome to me, though... maybe they should tangle with The Rhythm Nation's eldritch abominations. :twisted:

Clamparapa
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Clamparapa » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:54 am

Hmm, this sounds like a nice idea. I have often been despised for my love of walkers (not really Japanese Mechs). I would like to throw my name into this mixed bag of nations. We are heavily PMT, meaning small army but extremely advanced technology, even bordering on FT. Basically, much of our funding has gone into walkers, armour, weapons, and AI research. We also have a secret project in cyborg technology which adds a sort of plot line to my nation's story-arch. The offset is that there is a human army of 1,000,000 for the 10,000,000,000 citizens in my nation. We also have a population of 25,000,000 AIs, known as the Superior Robot Craft (SRC). They also have 100,000 soldiers in their army who may or may not assist in the defense of our nation. However, as they do live here, they will more than likely assist in the defense of the land. I know it's a lot of info but it gives a broad idea of our nation as it was meant to be.

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:09 am

Clamparapa wrote:Hmm, this sounds like a nice idea. I have often been despised for my love of walkers (not really Japanese Mechs). I would like to throw my name into this mixed bag of nations. We are heavily PMT, meaning small army but extremely advanced technology, even bordering on FT. Basically, much of our funding has gone into walkers, armour, weapons, and AI research. We also have a secret project in cyborg technology which adds a sort of plot line to my nation's story-arch. The offset is that there is a human army of 1,000,000 for the 10,000,000,000 citizens in my nation. We also have a population of 25,000,000 AIs, known as the Superior Robot Craft (SRC). They also have 100,000 soldiers in their army who may or may not assist in the defense of our nation. However, as they do live here, they will more than likely assist in the defense of the land. I know it's a lot of info but it gives a broad idea of our nation as it was meant to be.

No problem, the info's much appreciated since I add whatever you tell me to the OP so that people who are coming in here can get a good idea what sorts of nations have already joined. Your comprehensive detail probably helped me to provide a fairly accurate description of what people can plan to encounter when RPing with you.

Also, it'd be pretty interesting if your walkers came up against my walkers (or would that be 'Walkers?). :D

Saurea
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurea » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:27 am

Alright, I'll throw my hat into the metaphorical ring here.

The Saurean Empire, or just "Saurea", is a PMT nation with technology on par with, say, movies like "Minority Report" and "I, Robot" if I had to give examples. In fact, in regard to the latter I do have a plan to introduce synthetic life to the nation at some point, which I'm sure somebody somewhere will have an issue with.

Still, the big one is how much of a heavily religious nation Saurea is. The Empire's state religion is Avatism and the faith's messianic being, a woman named Anessa Rhae, is officially the head of state. Now, because she is a goddess in mortal form predictably she's capable of doing... "things", which somehow still rose issues out of my region-mates after making it known that this would be the case months in advance. Damn children. I also haven't really delved that much into it at this point, but there are countless orders, sects and sub-denominations making up the Avatist faith so some things bordering on the occult and the outright unnatural (i.e. magic) are definitely possible.

So, recap: Heavy PMT nation and eventually synthetic life with a bit of light magic here and there.
"Faith is Our Shield"
We are currently re-building this nation's history and canon. Please stand by.
Current Military Standing: Condition Zero; Peace Time

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:42 am

Saurea wrote:Alright, I'll throw my hat into the metaphorical ring here.

The Saurean Empire, or just "Saurea", is a PMT nation with technology on par with, say, movies like "Minority Report" and "I, Robot" if I had to give examples. In fact, in regard to the latter I do have a plan to introduce synthetic life to the nation at some point, which I'm sure somebody somewhere will have an issue with.

Still, the big one is how much of a heavily religious nation Saurea is. The Empire's state religion is Avatism and the faith's messianic being, a woman named Anessa Rhae, is officially the head of state. Now, because she is a goddess in mortal form predictably she's capable of doing... "things", which somehow still rose issues out of my region-mates after making it known that this would be the case months in advance. Damn children. I also haven't really delved that much into it at this point, but there are countless orders, sects and sub-denominations making up the Avatist faith so some things bordering on the occult and the outright unnatural (i.e. magic) are definitely possible.

So, recap: Heavy PMT nation and eventually synthetic life with a bit of light magic here and there.

Oh, you're the Avatism guy... I remember you. I read some of your posts, but didn't get involved in any of the IC threads (not because I wasn't interested, but because I didn't know how to involve a nation of Hellenistic pagans without involving the Greco-Roman gods and turning it into a celestial clusterfuck).

Anyway, welcome aboard. I'm sure none of the rest of us will have problems with what you're bringing to the table... there are physical deities in The Rhythm Nation and, from what I'm given to understand, The Ambrose Islands as well. In fact, don't be surprised if The Green-Eyed Lady (yes, as in the song) from The Rhythm Nation puts the moves on Anessa. :D

The Ambrose Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ambrose Islands » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:11 am

New Olwe knows, but I'm still posting this for other nations' informational benefit.

The Ambrose Islands (or TAI for short) uses mainly three kinds of Tech.

Fantasy Tech- Shades of TAI's past are reflected in this tech. Pure magic, intelligent (human level) animals, Dragon Riders (and wild Dragons themselves [not all Dragons in TAI have been tamed]), Gryphons (rare), and other various fantasy elements are evident in this category.

Post-modern Tech- This tech essentially makes up TAI's modern military. 4.5th and 5th generation aircraft, modern naval vessels, MBTs, high grade ballistic weapons, and primitive space travel are pretty much what makes up this tech.

Magiteck- Still in prototypical stages, this tech combines the previous two techs. Plasma weaponry, advanced sensors, lightsabers, and gravity plating are example of this comparatively new technical advancement.

NOTE: Though Magiteck may seem like FT, it is not. True to it's name, Magiteck is powered by magic.
It is not affected by Magical Distortion, the effect that prevents electronics from working in heavily magically saturated areas. However, it does have it's drawbacks. The first is that it takes a LOT of willpower to create a Magiteck device, so much so that Magiteck artisans usually end up imprinting themselves on their creation. The second is that it will not work in magically dead areas such as black holes or Bob Dole's imagination.

I hope that this information is...well...informative.

Saurea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saurea » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:32 am

New Olwe wrote:
Oh, you're the Avatism guy... I remember you. -snip-

I wasn't aware that I had garnered a reputation around here... :eyebrow:
"Faith is Our Shield"

The Ambrose Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ambrose Islands » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:36 am

Saurea wrote:
New Olwe wrote:
Oh, you're the Avatism guy... I remember you. -snip-

I wasn't aware that I had garnered a reputation around here... :eyebrow:

I actually think I remember you. I think the last time I saw you around was during my first week.

*offers Saurea a chair and a mamosa*
How ya been?

Saurea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saurea » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm

*reclines in his chair*

Well, there's a war going on in my region that I'm on the verge of getting pulled into, and with some luck I may end up owning the nation that instigated all of it by making it a subsidiary state of the Empire.

After the war is over I have a few things I'm going to work on, chief amongst them is adding The Synthetic Union into Saurean canon and, in line with a more militaristic policy post-war, revamping the military from it's current state to being more crusader influenced, especially because the "clean-up" campaign I'm probably going to end up launching to put down the more "evil" nations in my legion will probably be referred to as a "crusade".
"Faith is Our Shield"

The Ambrose Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ambrose Islands » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:43 pm

*takes a sip of mamosa*

Really. That's nice. How's the kids? Did Suzie get that teddy bear for Christmas?

Saurea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saurea » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:46 pm

... I don't have and kids...

Awkward...
"Faith is Our Shield"

The Ambrose Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Ambrose Islands » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Aww, they're not kids anymore!
*tears up*
They grow up so fast.
Last edited by The Ambrose Islands on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emporer Pudu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Emporer Pudu » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:54 pm

I'll RP with any goody stuff you have. I'm not anything more than PMT, but I have close allies who use various magic-type things, so I have RP'd with it in the past.
Last edited by Emporer Pudu on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leistung
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Leistung » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:56 pm

New Olwe wrote:New Olwe is a magic-using nation. I've established that quite well in FN&I, yet people still seem surprised by it here on this forum.

Primarily because FN&I is a cesspool of human existence, and anyone who wishes to maintain sanity cannot frequent it.
République vertoise
Republic of Vertou

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Lol, Magic

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents