NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Journey to the East (IC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Fallout: Journey to the East (IC/Closed)

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:59 pm

OOC/Signups: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=267878

The Hoover Dam, 1200 hours

Alex looked around at the caravan, he was excited to leave the Mojave wastes, and head east. Alex didn't know that much of the Eastern wastes other than a contingent of Soldiers from the Brotherhood of Steel had been sent to the ruins of the capital, and search for tech there, but contact had been lost with them, and never was reestablished. Alex climbed into the back on one of the refurbished olive drab cargo trucks used by the prewar military, and took a seat on left side closest to the cab. Alex watched the troopers load crates of supplies into the back of the other, covered cargo trucks while waiting for the other members of the caravan to take a seat.
Last edited by The blood ravens on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed try again with an equally horrible plan.
FT Nation: The Aurelian Imperium

Hundermenschen
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Achiem and a small group of other of his kind would finish their preparations as they would board their very own truck to the east, it was unknown as to what was there but it would be a dangerous trip there, they didn't trust these humans at all but they had treated them better than their previous owners did. They would wear the normal power armor of the enclave.
Last edited by Hundermenschen on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When in darkness. The only way is forward.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Alex sat back as the column of trucks began driving over the dam towards the other side of the Colorado. The area used to be legion territory, but with the crushing defeat at the dam, the death of ceasar, and the couriers nuclear strike the legion had dissolved into various tribes so there wasn't much of a threat from them. The journey east would still be long, and hard due to the fact very little had been explored, and they were going into unknown territory.

Hundermenschen
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Achiem would sit in the truck with his 5 only remaining kind, there would be three males and two females with them that would wear different helmets. Their truck would begin to move forward now as they would begin to the unknown east.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Alex looked over to the strange doglike creatures in the truck next to him, he had never seen anything like them before, and really had no idea who they were. "Where are you guys from?" Alex said while adjusting his rifle, "Arrêt!" carved into the buttstock of the rifle now visible to them.

Hundermenschen
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:03 pm

*Achiem would look up to the human as he would then reply.* "We're from a research division in central Europe, we arrived here on a vertibird crash not long ago near a place called searchlight." *he would say as he would hold a large plasma caster.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Hundermenschen wrote:*Achiem would look up to the human as he would then reply.* "We're from a research division in central Europe, we arrived here on a vertibird crash not long ago near a place called searchlight." *he would say as he would hold a large plasma caster.

"Europe? I never thought I'd see any survivors from another country let alone another continent, wait there was that ghoul from Mexico I met, but Europe. How did you cross the ocean?" Alex said while cracking his neck, he was pretty surprised to actually see someone from Europe. He only knew about Europe through some of the old holo tapes the brotherhood had, and really didnt know what it was like across the Atlantic.

Hundermenschen
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:12 pm

"We flew our way here on what we call vertibirds, the contraption you saw us land in on during the battle. You aren't missing too much over there, it's just political corruption is what it is. Look at us now, we're a dying species because of it." *he would say looking down now then out the back of the vehicle.*

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Hundermenschen wrote:"We flew our way here on what we call vertibirds, the contraption you saw us land in on during the battle. You aren't missing too much over there, it's just political corruption is what it is. Look at us now, we're a dying species because of it." *he would say looking down now then out the back of the vehicle.*

"How is that even possible? The vertibirds is an American aircraft, and only entered production after the Great War through the Enclave which is remnants of the US government. Why would there be vertibirds in Europe?" Alex said, slightly confused.

Hundermenschen
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:22 pm

"We were in more than just American territory." *he would say as he would slightly budge from a bump hit in the road.*

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Hundermenschen wrote:"We were in more than just American territory." *he would say as he would slightly budge from a bump hit in the road.*

"Okay....?" Alex said while peaking through a hole in the canvas cover on the bed of the truck, and seeing the "Welcome to Arizona" sign. "Better watch my gieger counter. This place got hammered when the courier nuked the legion with the missiles from the divide."

Hundermenschen
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:28 pm

"How could someone do such a thing so easy?" *he would ask as he could feel the amount of radiation the bombs would give off as he would shiver slightly but his armor would at least protect him for a short while.*

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Hundermenschen wrote:"How could someone do such a thing so easy?" *he would ask as he could feel the amount of radiation the bombs would give off as he would shiver slightly but his armor would at least protect him for a short while.*

"The legion was evil. Nuking mass murdering slavers isn't as hard as you would think." Alex said, quickly checking his supply of Rad-X, and Radaway. "The NCR said we are taking a path that avoids the pockets of radiation but I'm not exactly sure there is one."

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Ellisa would have been listening to the...admittedly interesting conversation going on a few yards from her as she sat inside the cabin of one of the trucks, if she wasn't so giddy on the inside.

Hah! The Elder picked me! Me! If anything shows that all my hard work up to this point has been worth it, it's this! Take that, Vannessa! What with your working eyes and long blond hair. Skank...what was I thinking about again?

Shaking her head to banish loose thoughts, Ellisa began fiddling with her pistol to pass the time as she imagined scenario after scenario of what could happen on this trip...all of them ending up with her laughing maniacally while standing on top of another BoS scribe with long, blonde hair.
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."
-Commander William Adama
I'm Roman Catholic, so there's that. If you have any questions about what Roman Catholicism really does, I guess I can help. You should probably go to a priest to ask, but I know some things.
Total Population: 1,103,000,000
Criminals: 49,954,494
Elderly, Disabled, & Retirees: 144,083,650
Military & Reserves: 110,182,685
Students and Youth: 195,506,750
Unemployed but Able: 121,075,077
Working Class: 482,197,344
Defcon: 3

Hundermenschen
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:37 pm

"True that." *He would say as his ears would perk up from the sounds of the BoS scribe in the truck cabin. His suit would then automatically administer RAD-X due to the fact that the levels were begining to grow the further they entered.

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Ellisa began to snicker at her...well I guess it would be megalomaniacal fantasies, before she heard herself laugh and realized it wasn't just in her head that time. Shuffling nervously, her mind blank at her own creepiness, Ellisa holstered her laser pistol and resolutely stared out the front of the cabin and not looking at any of the other passengers.

She muttered to herself as she watched the landscape roll by, "I never thought the outside world would be this....this bad."
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."
-Commander William Adama
I'm Roman Catholic, so there's that. If you have any questions about what Roman Catholicism really does, I guess I can help. You should probably go to a priest to ask, but I know some things.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:44 pm

"I think we are just going to be in the very northern section of Arizona until we cross into Colorado. I hope we avoid Denver, I've only heard bad things about that place, and if it got hit by a nuke it'll only be worse." Alex said before switching to his radio. "Ellisa. Do you know anything about the Brotherhood expedition to the Capital Wasteland?" He asked. Outside the canyon the convoy was rolling through had ended, and the vast desert had come into view. The nuclear apocolypse didn't really do anything to help the already desolate landscape of Arizona.

Omnipotent Caesar
Secretary

Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Omnipotent Caesar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:59 pm

About 20 minutes had gone by when the convoy stopped to pick up Charles an NCR ranger who had been operating on the eastern bank of the Colorado destroying the remnants of the legion. "I hope this convoy has ammunition especially .45-70 these legionaries are damn tough". Has he settled in Charles perceived his two new companions Alex and Elissa to himself he was perturbed by the presence of the Brotherhood but he's a professional soldier and for now they're allies and he'll treat them as such.

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Ellisa started at Alex's voice and panicked for a half second, "Hellfire and Damnation!.....oh...Sorry, Alex. Give me a minute and I'll pull up what we have on them here."

Mentally snapping herself in the face, Ellisa quickly pulled the relevant files. Scanning them she gave a quick summary, "Well, Alex, it seems here that back in 2254 after the destruction of the West Coast Enclave they were originally to link with the Midwestern Brotherhood, investigate the Capital for advanced tech, and check on rumors of Super Mutant activity in the area. They failed the first objective and continued Eastward, sweeping through Pittsburgh and a few other large cities on their way to the Capital. After they made it there, Lyons went rouge, abandoning the second objective to "protect the locals" and we lost contact. They did, however, confirm Super-Mutant activity in the area," Ellisa sent what she had found to Alex, "If you need more information, I'm linking you the relevant files, now."
-Commander William Adama

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:05 pm

"Thanks for the information Ellisa. This should help when we get closer to the east. Especially this information on Pittsburg." Alex said before shaking some dust out of his Desert Ranger Combat helmet before looking over to Charles. "How long have you been with the rangers?" Alex asked, since he was going to be traveling with the group for awhile he might aswell be friendly, not to mention talking will probably be the only thing to stop the boredom of sitting in the truck for long periods of time.

Omnipotent Caesar
Secretary

Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Omnipotent Caesar » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 pm

The blood ravens wrote:"Thanks for the information Ellisa. This should help when we get closer to the east. Especially this information on Pittsburg." Alex said before shaking some dust out of his Desert Ranger Combat helmet before looking over to Charles. "How long have you been with the rangers?" Alex asked, since he was going to be traveling with the group for awhile he might aswell be friendly, not to mention talking will probably be the only thing to stop the boredom of sitting in the truck for long periods of time.

Surprised by the apparent friendliness of the brotherhood of steel paladin Charles responded "um... well I got to the Mojave in '77 a couple months before 1st hoover dam and shortly thereafter I joined the rangers. I fell ashamed after the battle my unit suffered pretty heavy casualties and I was wounded myself so I had to join the best." "Where did you get that armor? Off a dead ranger I assume"

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Omnipotent Caesar wrote:
The blood ravens wrote:"Thanks for the information Ellisa. This should help when we get closer to the east. Especially this information on Pittsburg." Alex said before shaking some dust out of his Desert Ranger Combat helmet before looking over to Charles. "How long have you been with the rangers?" Alex asked, since he was going to be traveling with the group for awhile he might aswell be friendly, not to mention talking will probably be the only thing to stop the boredom of sitting in the truck for long periods of time.

Surprised by the apparent friendliness of the brotherhood of steel paladin Charles responded "um... well I got to the Mojave in '77 a couple months before 1st hoover dam and shortly thereafter I joined the rangers. I fell ashamed after the battle my unit suffered pretty heavy casualties and I was wounded myself so I had to join the best." "Where did you get that armor? Off a dead ranger I assume"

"I got this armor from a cave in Zion. The previous owner was a survivalist named Randall that survived in Zion. The man whom owned it before him was an R.B. Vickers, a Marine that appeared to have served in china before the Great War." Alex said gesturing the writing on the collar of his armor that said "SSGT. Vickers R.B. USMC", and then showing the writing on the back of the helmet Shanghai, Nanjing were clearly visible along with the abbreviations for months underneath. "You shouldn't feel bad for the casualties unless you were directly responsible."

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Meanwhile!!!

Ellisa was berating herself in the front seat.

What were you thinking! If that was enough to surprise you, what are you going to do when we are attacked by Wild Animals! Or Raiders! Or...Or...ummm...Oh! Or Super Mutants! You gotta calm down! In...Out...In...Out...Okay!

Ellisa, calmed with her internal monologue, took to listening to the men in the back, after all, it wasn't like there was much chance of them being attacked so soon...right?
-Commander William Adama

Hundermenschen
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:15 am

Achiem would then look to charles, it was clear that he was either brotherhood or ex brotherhood. He would say nothing though as he would only just watch as the truck bumped against the backplate of his armor. He had nothing to say to either of them.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 am

(Charles is NCR, I'm brotherhood :P.)

Several hours later, 5 miles from Denver, CO

"There's a radioactive dust storm brewing in the north. We need to take cover in the city or we'll be caught in it." The driver of the lead truck said shortly after noticing the large dust clouds in the distance. "Great. Dog city here we come." Alex grumbled while checking his rifle.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse