NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: 3000: From the Wastes: Past-Tech, Post-Apoc, FT

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New Chataqua
Secretary

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

OOC: 3000: From the Wastes: Past-Tech, Post-Apoc, FT

Postby New Chataqua » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Time was, say true, that men walked upon the stars and flew across the face of the sky. Used weapons of light and power and spoke with voices across gulf of emptiness. All that is gone now. The ancients grew greedy of their power, and in one pulse of light and power, took it away from themselves. Billions trapped in soaring cities without food or heat or transport or light. Death and madness and cannibalism followed, until all that remained were those few who survived, the green earth, and the rusted ruins of the old. Men learned again the plow and the sword. Those left among the stars turned their backs on Old Earth That Was, and followed glittering dreams across the void. Now, they have turned their eyes upon us again, if the signs be right.

We do not know their intent

OOC: This is a post-apocalyptic RP set roughly a thousand years in the future, in 3221 AD. Humanity has reached out and touched the stars, but earth was reduced quite literally to the dark ages in a matter of minutes after a cataclysmic war and subsequent famines and disasters. That was four hundred years ago. The survivors formed their own nations, scrabbling together a new world from the rusted, duct-taped, soldered, and wired-together pieces of the old.

You may play as an earth-based nation, of which we will need many, or as a space-based colonial power, of which we will need relatively few. Future tech will be limited to pre-FTL (so, think perhaps Battlestar Galactica level tech with cryo-slumber) and earth-based nations will be largely limited to wind, water, muscle (think pulleys and bicycle chains and lots and lots of gears) and very limited gasoline or diesel engines in special applications. The world is a more fractured and disparate place, and languages and religions have radically altered, and even those in space have drifted apart. Be creative, keep it real.

Code: Select all
Nation Name:
Region:
Population:
Language:
Religion:
General cultural description:
Government:
Economy: (what do they grow/trade):
Military: (size, stratagems, preferred weapons, elite units)

Map coming shortly
Last edited by New Chataqua on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Puppet of Adventus Secundus and Patrykos

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Nation Name: Dominion of New Chataqua
Region: Colorado front range: most of the Rockies in that former state
Population: 5 million
Language: Western English (Howdy, ya tinhorns)
Religion: Concordian Protestantism
General cultural description: what lonesome dove would have looked like with longswords and horse bows, with mountain men and clergy and nobility tossed in for good measure.
Government: The Lord of the House of Estamere is our sovereign king and ruler
Economy: (what do they grow/trade): Cattle, potatoes, lumber, furs, art objects from the Carvings at God's Garden
Military: (size, stratagems, preferred weapons, elite units): Full muster is roughly seventy five thousand fighting men. They tend towards excellent mountain bred light infantry and horse archers, and somewhat less good pikemen and crossbowmen from the three Big Towns. Their elite unit are the Knights of the Pinewood Cross, a group of hardy mountain-bred horsemen, hunters and trappers given the best armor, swords, and training.

Last edited by New Chataqua on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:26 am

Bump. Come on people, try it out!

Union of Independant Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Independant Republics » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:04 am

Application for Ft Nation(If i get Accepted)
Nation Name:The United Federation of Republics
Region:(Alpha Centari)
Population:(I don't know what the max is so)5.4 Billion
Language:Russian/English
Religion:None
General cultural description: Takes Pride in having Advanced Military Units and its hardcore Training.Also Believes in Honor and Duty to Protect Ones Nation and Family.Hard Workers and Not Much to Complain about Issues.
Government:The President and the Prime minsters
Economy: (what do they grow/trade):Weapons and FTL Drives/Navigational Data,Industrial Equipment
Full Strength-4.2 Million
They Tend to Use the Ancient Russian Style of War Which is to Overwhelm with Powerful Units and Numbers.They Prefer to Use Futuristic AK-47's and Russian Weaponry(Imagine Russia in the Future)The Elite Unit is Know as the Death Dealers(Hardcore Training from Birth and Advanced armor)(Kinda like Spartans from Halo with out Shielded armor)
Last edited by Union of Independant Republics on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Felkesjud wrote:After having sat with the man-bear-person-thing for about a minute or two, though, Windhelm was starting to feel awkward.
For-Democracy,Pro Life,Living Wages,Rich people who worked for their money,Bernie Sanders,Free Education,The American Dream,Russia,US,De-militarization of every nation,Religious freedom,Naturalistic Paganism,Human rights,LGBT rights
Against-Two party systems in America,Abortion(unless its rape or both child and mother will die),Communism,North Korea,Donald Trump,Rich people who never worked for their money,Nuclear Weapons,Massive militarily Spending,Depending on the situation im against other major religions,Atheist Bigots,Homophobes
Hi My Name is Ernest Feel Free to T-G

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:18 am

Union of Independant Republics wrote:Application for Ft Nation(If i get Accepted)
Nation Name:The United Federation of Republics
Region:(Alpha Centari)
Population:(I don't know what the max is so)5.4 Billion
Language:Russian/English
Religion:None
General cultural description: Takes Pride in having Advanced Military Units and its hardcore Training.Also Believes in Honor and Duty to Protect Ones Nation and Family.Hard Workers and Not Much to Complain about Issues.
Government:The President and the Prime minsters
Economy: (what do they grow/trade):Weapons and FTL Drives/Navigational Data,Industrial Equipment
Full Strength-4.2 Million
They Tend to Use the Ancient Russian Style of War Which is to Overwhelm with Powerful Units and Numbers.They Prefer to Use Futuristic AK-47's and Russian Weaponry(Imagine Russia in the Future)The Elite Unit is Know as the Death Dealers(Hardcore Training from Birth and Advanced armor)(Kinda like Spartans from Halo with out Shielded armor)

Do you have an RP example/link? Also, please TG me what your motives would be for renewed earth contact/ I like it so far.

Alliir
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:48 am

This sounds fairly interesting. Inform me if I begin drifting from the storyline.

Nation Name: Dallig
Region: Texas, with a few thin tendrils into mexico.
Population: 25.06 million(one million less then texas today).
Language: 2013 English slang.
Religion: Christianity, small groups of Catholics. Very few atheists or Jews.
General cultural description: Fairly similar to middle ages europe, but with a few changes.(I dont know enough about middle ages europe to use it perfectly.)
Government: Despotism
Economy: (what do they grow/trade): We have a good amount of sweet potato farms, as well as some corn and wheat farms near to the center. We have yet to begin a very well-set trading system.
Military: (size, stratagems, preferred weapons, elite units) The military is made up of about two million men, and use Halberds and Spears more often then not. We have catapults(made with gears and such) for larger battles, as well as submachine crossbows, like in ancient china. The leader of Dallig will often have a elite group of body guards when not in his palace.
Major things to note about me-
I'm religious.
I'm feminist (Or Egalitarian, I guess)
I'm stupid.

Not necessarily in that order.

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:54 am

Accepted. :hug:

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:00 pm

So.....
When will the IC go up? I just dont know what to do until then.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Tonight. Swear.

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:26 pm

bump. New apps? Anyone interested?

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Ic will be up momentarily

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Yay.
I actually got on just now. very coincidental.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:05 pm

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:48 pm

So there you go, the narrative begins....incidentally, all applicants up to this point are ACCEPTED

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:27 am

We could use another roleplayer, as the thread is kind of locked up right now. Because Chataqua is offline, I wanted to bump this so when he gets on we can have apps up.
Any takers?
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

New Chataqua
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Chataqua » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:09 am

Concurrent and much later bump!