NATION

PASSWORD

Does your nation practice Creationism/Evolutionism?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyria
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Creationism or Evolutionism?

Postby Kyria » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:32 am

The majority of Kyrians are irreligious or non-Christian, and so Creationism is a fringe viewpoint. Most people would laugh at the idea.

Public schools are not allowed to teach things from a religious viewpoint, and the teaching of Creationism is explicitly banned because of its rejection of modern science and theory. Only evolutionism is to be taught.
Private schools are exempt from this restriction but very few actually teach creationism because of the stigma and controversy surrounding the idea.
REPUBLIC OF KYRIA ΔΗΜΟΚΡΑΤΊΑ ΚῩ́ΡΕΙᾹΣ
MT 'modern Byzantium' blending Orwell and Mirror’s Edge with NazCentBol-esque Blue Helmet neoimperialism and tacticool Stormtrooperesque faceless legions.
Capital: Constantinople | President: Ioánnis Bardanes | Religion: Orthodox Christianity | Factbook | Map | News

Felsigberg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Felsigberg » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Evolution is taught in schools.

Trinadaed
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinadaed » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Secular schools teach Evolutionism

Religious schools may teach Creationism depending on what religion it is.
W E A R E A L L P O T A T O E S .

Marshal I
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Marshal I » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 pm

The Squirrels of Marshal I mostly don't care about religion. Evolutionism is taught in school.
bark, bark, I'm a squirrel
-Marshal of The Squirrel Island ran by Marshal I

Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aikoland » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:34 am

Evolution is mandatory to be taught in schools, as it is based upon scientific fact and indisputable evidence.
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

Hiachijan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiachijan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 am

It is required by federal law for schools to teach evolution. Creationism and its equivalents are not commonly outlawed, but are uncommon.
Interstellar state of a blind, music-loving race of aliens. TGs are welcomed.
[floatleft][b]Q&A

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:21 am

There is little instruction in the principles of either creationism or evolutionism as that area of science is not a subject that is typically taught in Nortan schools. Elements of creation are taught in theology and scripture classes.
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Katas
Attaché

Founded: Dec 19, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Katas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:04 am

While religious worship is legal here, our schools will only teach evolution
I use all NS stats (even the dumb ones like weather) except for population
Most of my lore is spread around the forums (In cases of conflict, the most recent is canon) because I can't be bothered to make a factbook for everything. There is no prize for finding all of it, not even bragging rights. Why would you brag about something like that?
I have no idea what I'm doing and making this up as I go
Don't make me turn this country around!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made a second nation for fun R.I.P

Arkaudia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Arkaudia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:08 am

Arkaudia is mainly Catholic Christianity with about 70% ~ 75% identifying as such. Many are converting over to Agnosticism and Atheism with it being Second Place ahead of Islam. Our schools teach evolution with religious schools being banned as we want to remain secular because our history of being a Christian and Islam nation isn't the best, especially in the middle east.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information