NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Theft Auto 5

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Got GTA5?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes : 1284

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Grand Theft Auto 5

Postby Bezombia » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:59 pm

What with the surge of GTA5-related posting across this whole subforum, it's high time we have a thread just for it.

So, Grand Theft Auto Five.
It's obliterated sales records. It is currently the second best selling Xbox 360 game, as well as the third best selling Playstation 3 game.
It's the current fastest selling game in history, in the UK. It sold 800 million copies in one day, over twice what analysts thought it would sell. It recently became the fastest selling entertainment product ever, after earning $1,000,000,000 in just three days.

And they didn't even release it for the PC.

So, NSA&F, do you have this game? What's your opinions of it? Playing it right now?

As for myself I do not own the game, because it hasn't been released for the PC and I ain't stooping down to buying it for my PS3.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Thurask
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thurask » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Bezombia wrote:As for myself I do not own the game, because it hasn't been released for the PC and I ain't stooping down to buying it for my PS3 Xbox 360.
Last edited by Thurask on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Economic Left/Right: ln 0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: lim (x->0) 1/x
Pro: Some stuff
Anti: Some other stuff

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Bezombia wrote:So, NSA&F, do you have this game? What's your opinions of it? Playing it right now?

Yes

So far it seems really quite awesome. Considering I have about 45 hours in it and am only 1/3rd of the way through the story because I've been screwing around and doing so many side things. There is so much to do in it. You buy certain properties, you get more missions. I spent like 2 hours on the in-game Internet alone. Another hour watching television. Then you can screw around with the stock market...All of this makes me really want to just make like this big empire with the 3 protagonists, and start eventually working towards raking in the millions with ease.

And not at the moment. Forced myself away from it for now. Even though I have played it quite a lot, I'm glad I have managed to at least not play TOO excessively, if about 5 hours a day is called not playing too excessively. One day I don't think I played and I've done a lot of other things with friends lately, as well, so I can't just play constantly. And sleep problems.

In other words, yeah, it is great, and I could go on further, and probably will later.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:58 pm

I bought a sports car for 270 grand in-game, plus 30 for the garage, then a few grand on repairs and upgrades. Then I drive to a mission with it and it's gone. *eye twitch*

Also, make sure you help people when you get the chance. Even if they don't reward you on the spot, you might get something anyways. I got a guy's bike back for him, he gave me a hundred thousand bucks of stock in his company.
Last edited by Wisconsin9 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:I bought a sports car for 270 grand in-game, plus 30 for the garage, then a few grand on repairs and upgrades. Then I drive to a mission with it and it's gone. *eye twitch*

Also, make sure you help people when you get the chance. Even if they don't reward you on the spot, you might get something anyways. I got a guy's bike back for him, he gave me a hundred thousand bucks of stock in his company.

The garage still can't save vehicles. Wait for the patch.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:I bought a sports car for 270 grand in-game, plus 30 for the garage, then a few grand on repairs and upgrades. Then I drive to a mission with it and it's gone. *eye twitch*

Well, if you'll excuse me I think I need a good ol' fashioned rampage.
~~~~~~~~

Solaray
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Solaray » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Got it, beat it, loved it.
PS3 by the way,
Last edited by Solaray on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig closed for construction.

Est. completion date: Summer 2054

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Well, if you'll excuse me I think I need a good ol' fashioned rampage.

Make it co op
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:23 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:Also, make sure you help people when you get the chance. Even if they don't reward you on the spot, you might get something anyways. I got a guy's bike back for him, he gave me a hundred thousand bucks of stock in his company.

Holy crap that bike is probably not even worth that much. Nice reward...

Solaray wrote:Got it, beat it, loved it.
PS3 by the way,

I'm only 1 1/3rd of the way through the story, because I've messed around and I've just done SO many other things as well. Not only do I want to do 100% of the story, I want to do 100% of everything else, too. There is SO much to do and I'm at like 50 hours of play time and this is how far I'm in the game.
My Last.FM and RYM

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 am

Got it for 360, about 80% completion at the moment, just about to go on to the finale. Fricking awesome game, one of the best games i have ever played. Great game play, fun side missions and activities, everything is good in its own way and the main story is decent as well. Being able to switch between three characters at near any time is pretty cool, allows you to do a ton of different things. And i cant wait for the Online to become active. Only problem for me is that there seems to be a lack of accessible buildings compared to GTA4 which is kind of annoying.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:28 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Got it for 360, about 80% completion at the moment, just about to go on to the finale. Fricking awesome game, one of the best games i have ever played. Great game play, fun side missions and activities, everything is good in its own way and the main story is decent as well. Being able to switch between three characters at near any time is pretty cool, allows you to do a ton of different things. And i cant wait for the Online to become active. Only problem for me is that there seems to be a lack of accessible buildings compared to GTA4 which is kind of annoying.

However, the world itself feels more open then any open world game I know. No stupid invisible walls, you can just run around in peoples backwards to escape, run down side alleys by houses...it is awesome.

I'm at like 31% completion...
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:52 pm

SPOILERS

So there's this 'controversial' torture scene in the game that I keep seeing people talking about. I just got to it, and...I don't see the big deal. Not that I ever see the big deal in controversy, but still. It was unpleasant, but I didn't even think the torture scene was that bad. So what's the big deal about it?

Besides, from what I got about it, it is just GTA being GTA: Satirizing, or reference American culture. There was a definite jab at American government for them thinking torture is fine and all that. Trevor says "Now I'm just a real government official", or something like that, and even goes on about how torture accomplishes nothing except to please the torturer (Him, because he's psychotic). I'm pretty sure it is a jab at the whole torture thing with the US Government. For once in Trevor's existence I agreed with him, as well.
My Last.FM and RYM

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:10 pm

The Paleto Bay heist is one of the most awesome things I have ever done in a video game. I will never forget the look on Sheriff Hick's face when he saw the heat we were packing.

Corrian wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Also, make sure you help people when you get the chance. Even if they don't reward you on the spot, you might get something anyways. I got a guy's bike back for him, he gave me a hundred thousand bucks of stock in his company.

Holy crap that bike is probably not even worth that much. Nice reward...

According to the email, he was nouveau riche. Started up a pet store chain a few years earlier, made metric asstons of cash, touched by the fact that I didn't see a millionaire, just a guy who needed help. And no, the bike wasn't worth it, because it wasn't a motorcycle, it was a bicycle.

Corrian wrote:SPOILERS

So there's this 'controversial' torture scene in the game that I keep seeing people talking about. I just got to it, and...I don't see the big deal. Not that I ever see the big deal in controversy, but still. It was unpleasant, but I didn't even think the torture scene was that bad. So what's the big deal about it?

Besides, from what I got about it, it is just GTA being GTA: Satirizing, or reference American culture. There was a definite jab at American government for them thinking torture is fine and all that. Trevor says "Now I'm just a real government official", or something like that, and even goes on about how torture accomplishes nothing except to please the torturer (Him, because he's psychotic). I'm pretty sure it is a jab at the whole torture thing with the US Government. For once in Trevor's existence I agreed with him, as well.

I agree.
~~~~~~~~

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:21 pm

I really need to make more money in free roar so i can buy ammo for missions
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Old Vester
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Just started playing the other day.
Met a familiar face from another GTA who gave me 1 grand for helping him out.
I then bought a sweater and a knife with that money.
My first hilarious moment happened when I was walking around to enjoy all the details, and I got jumped by cholos next to a fountain.
"A man chooses, a slave obeys".-Andrew Ryan
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".-George Carlin.
"I want you to kill yourself. I will buy and send you rope". -EmpireErwinRommel
Billy Mays of F7. Current balance in F7CF $104,952.I'm the richest one!!
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
Coccygia wrote:Is the unsung original creator of Angry Birds.
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Old Vester wrote:Just started playing the other day.
My first hilarious moment happened when I was walking around to enjoy all the details, and I got jumped by cholos next to a fountain.

The details are pretty fantastic. And how you can like, just end up in everybody's backwards, because they're all open.

I'm trying to take a picture of every single building in the game (Yes, that will take time), to see how many varying designs there are, but my cellphone is already full of pictures of scenery and other stuff...and I don't know any real way to store them, so I'm going to have to copy them off of Rockstar Social Club and put them onto my computer, then delete them or something, to open it up for 90-something more pictures of stuff.

Wisconsin9 wrote:According to the email, he was nouveau riche. Started up a pet store chain a few years earlier, made metric asstons of cash, touched by the fact that I didn't see a millionaire, just a guy who needed help. And no, the bike wasn't worth it, because it wasn't a motorcycle, it was a bicycle.

Sheesh, I wish more real life millionaires were like that.
My Last.FM and RYM

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:39 pm

60% through the game, almost done with the storyline. Loved the airport mission. Didn't bother with a police chase to get away, just stole a plane, flew the fuck out of there, and bailed when the engines quit.
~~~~~~~~

Old Vester
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Corrian wrote:
Old Vester wrote:Just started playing the other day.

The details are pretty fantastic. And how you can like, just end up in everybody's backwards, because they're all open.

I'm trying to take a picture of every single building in the game (Yes, that will take time), to see how many varying designs there are, but my cellphone is already full of pictures of scenery and other stuff...and I don't know any real way to store them, so I'm going to have to copy them off of Rockstar Social Club and put them onto my computer, then delete them or something, to open it up for 90-something more pictures of stuff.

Wisconsin9 wrote:According to the email, he was nouveau riche. Started up a pet store chain a few years earlier, made metric asstons of cash, touched by the fact that I didn't see a millionaire, just a guy who needed help. And no, the bike wasn't worth it, because it wasn't a motorcycle, it was a bicycle.

Sheesh, I wish more real life millionaires were like that.

I'm still getting use to the whole driving change from GTA IV. Everything feels easier. I can actually drift around corners instead of crashing. I wonder what they've done to the whole physics system? I know it's there, but it just doesn't feel as excessive in V. Also, died for the first time and it only cost me 62 bucks.
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

San
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:24 pm

I'll buy it if r* release a pc port. (cbf buying a 360/ps3 just for that game when they're near the end of their life)

maybe also when the ps4 comes out since it'll be backwards compatible to a degree.
足跡たどる、出血血液ライン

私は人間で私より私はより良い幽霊だと思います

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Old Vester wrote:I'm still getting use to the whole driving change from GTA IV. Everything feels easier. I can actually drift around corners instead of crashing. I wonder what they've done to the whole physics system? I know it's there, but it just doesn't feel as excessive in V. Also, died for the first time and it only cost me 62 bucks.

There's a lot of the vehicle dynamics that have changed.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Old Vester
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
Old Vester wrote:I'm still getting use to the whole driving change from GTA IV. Everything feels easier. I can actually drift around corners instead of crashing. I wonder what they've done to the whole physics system? I know it's there, but it just doesn't feel as excessive in V. Also, died for the first time and it only cost me 62 bucks.

There's a lot of the vehicle dynamics that have changed.

Bodies still feel realistic when they fall over from being shot or run over, so I'm fine with it.
Only thing I don't like so far is guns don't glow when you kill someone holding one. I don't know if it's on your body or next to that dead hooker ,you know?
Also, GTA V multiplayer tomorrow.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:30 pm

I've played a friends copy. Game of the year material. Probably amongst the best games I've ever played, hands down, and I can't wait to get my own copy so I can truly explore the game world.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Islamic Shia Order of Dagestan
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Shia Order of Dagestan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 pm

hey guys how is it because at first I didn't want it but know I do and i regrate my ruling it seems ok but I think GTA4 is much better because you get play as A Bosnian lol and also because of the New York theme

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm only at 4% completion, mainly because I don't care about the story since it's basically the same thing from the past four GTAs. You fight gangs, you escape police, you kill some person because they owe you or someone else money, rinse and repeat.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Regenburg
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regenburg » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 pm

I wish.
I'll buy PS3 just for GTA V.
working on it.
caps lock sucks
pro:russian language,shashlik,hardbass,blood sausages,samogitia,weed,kvass,anarchism,the doors,gta,paganism,cats
con:america,military,politics,swag,ios,school,pop music,school,capitalism,
Kalbajobai babaužei dėdlietuovenenkai-tuteušiei,vuon no Žemaitiu ruodos!
dont expect me being useful in discussion that would be a big mistake
i dont know why im here either

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction