NATION

PASSWORD

Faux News Mistakenly Shows Wrong Book.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Port Arcana
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2006
Ex-Nation

Faux News Mistakenly Shows Wrong Book.

Postby Port Arcana » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ALxKE8 ... re=popular

I can't stop laughing. For those who don't know, Going Rogue is Sarah Palin's autobiography, where as Going Rouge is the popular parody which was released on the same date. Here are the two covers side by side.

Notice the difference. One has happy clouds, the other has angry clouds. How did Fox make such an obvious mistake?

Also, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:45 pm

:)
Nice one, I just love parody books.

Californian Mod Haters
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Mod Haters » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Port Arcana wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ALxKE8buk&feature=popular

I can't stop laughing. For those who don't know, Going Rogue is Sarah Palin's autobiography, where as Going Rouge is the popular parody which was released on the same date. Here are the two covers side by side.

Notice the difference. One has happy clouds, the other has angry clouds. How did Fox make such an obvious mistake?

Also, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Oh my...*LMAOs*

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:47 pm

:lol: They did correct themselves.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Sibirsky wrote::lol: They did correct themselves.

You know who else corrected himself?

Hitle--well, actually, he really didn't try and do that, come to think of it...
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Ambridge County
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambridge County » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Anybody who considers Fox News a credible news agency should never be taken seriously where politics, economics, or history are concerned at all.
Laos Refugees wrote:Hey there!
I got a simple, easy to read answer to your question that made TONS of sense!
Here comes your answer!
See it yet?
Oh no, that's not it.
Oh wait, is that it?
Yes it is!
Your answer is!
Shut the fuck up!

Violencistan
Secretary

Founded: Jul 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Violencistan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm sick of you Liberal retards calling Fox News "Faux News", if anything it's your crappy biased newshows like CNN, ABC, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and PBS that are the Faux News, and I'm sick of you idiots trashing Sarah Palin, no wonder she stepped away from the public image. Just shut up and leave the poor woman alone, you bloodsuckers!

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Considering the way it was laid out, it would be quite easy to mistaken the two books as if Palin wrote both. I ask myself: which Rouge is Rogue?

Ambridge County
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambridge County » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Violencistan wrote:I'm sick of you Liberal retards calling Fox News "Faux News", if anything it's your crappy biased newshows like CNN, ABC, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and PBS that are the Faux News, and I'm sick of you idiots trashing Sarah Palin, no wonder she stepped away from the public image. Just shut up and leave the poor woman alone, you bloodsuckers!

I hope you're being sarcastic.
Here comes your answer!
See it yet?
Oh no, that's not it.
Oh wait, is that it?
Yes it is!
Your answer is!
Shut the fuck up!

Californian Mod Haters
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Mod Haters » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:58 pm

Violencistan wrote:I'm sick of you Liberal retards calling Fox News "Faux News",
Oh not again...
if anything it's your crappy biased newshows like CNN, ABC, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and PBS that are the Faux News,
All news channels are biased. It's human nature. We just hate Faux News because it's very baised.
and I'm sick of you idiots trashing Sarah Palin,
We're just pointing out facts.
no wonder she stepped away from the public image. Just shut up and leave the poor woman alone, you bloodsuckers!

She's the blood sucker!

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:00 pm

Violencistan wrote:I'm sick of you Liberal retards calling Fox News "Faux News..."

Then stop spouting it, go out there, and do something about it--if it's so concerning and prominent to you.

And with that, I leave you all for Thanksgiving Dinner at the Rhodmhire house.

What a mess this is going to turn out to be.

Happy Thanksgiving, Pilgrims!
Last edited by Rhodmhire on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Ambridge County
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambridge County » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:01 pm

These are the same people who bitch about William Ayers and Rev. Wright. These men are insignificant: they did not seek the presidency (or the vice presidency), they weren't appointed to the President's Cabinet, and both of them will die and fade into obscurity. An asterisk on the article of the 2008 campaign.

Sarah Palin, on the other hand, is a deranged individual who seeks power. She is the most self-congratulatory, arrogant, thin-skinned person to ever run for public office, next to maybe John McCain. Whenever people call her an idiot, of course it's not her fault -- it's the "liberal media"! As far as I'm concerned, Sarah Palin's notion of "real America" extends only to the twenty or so lard-asses who still support her.
Here comes your answer!
See it yet?
Oh no, that's not it.
Oh wait, is that it?
Yes it is!
Your answer is!
Shut the fuck up!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Ambridge County wrote:
Violencistan wrote:I'm sick of you Liberal retards calling Fox News "Faux News", if anything it's your crappy biased newshows like CNN, ABC, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and PBS that are the Faux News, and I'm sick of you idiots trashing Sarah Palin, no wonder she stepped away from the public image. Just shut up and leave the poor woman alone, you bloodsuckers!

I hope you're being sarcastic.

So do I, because, you know, given the large amount of money she got for "writing" that book, she's not a "poor woman" by any means. And I seriously doubt she stepped away from the "public image" (did you mean "public stage"?) because she could stand all the badgering by the Liberal Media. She did it because after being the GOP's VP nominee, travelling the country, being treated like royalty, suddenly Wasilla and Anchorage seemed like the boondocks. So instead of sticking to the job she was elected to do - like John McCain did, for instance - she quit. Really, what if someone says something mean about her when she's in the White House, is going to call a press conference and quit? One has to wonder.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Violencistan wrote:I'm sick of you Liberal retards calling Fox News "Faux News",
Aw, youre offended because we call a news network on being horribly biased?

Violencistan wrote: if anything it's your crappy biased newshows like CNN, ABC, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and PBS that are the Faux News,
I didn't know news networks were news shows. News to me.

Violencistan wrote:and I'm sick of you idiots trashing Sarah Palin, no wonder she stepped away from the public image. Just shut up and leave the poor woman alone, you bloodsuckers!
I'll leave her alone if she proves to me that she has no interest in even attempting to run for any public office where she can screw my fellow Americans over. Until then, no.
Last edited by Gauntleted Fist on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Californian Mod Haters
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Mod Haters » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Ambridge County wrote:next to maybe John McCain.

Me and Rodmhire do not believe you

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Californian Mod Haters wrote:
Ambridge County wrote:next to maybe John McCain.

Me and Rodmhire do not believe you

Rhodmhire and I, you mean.

God, I'm such a Grammar/Thanksgiving Nazi.

I'm off, it's time for Thanksgiving Dinner at the Rhodmhire house, be afraid.

Happy Thanksgiving, again, Pilgrims!

South Lorenya
Senator

Founded: Feb 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby South Lorenya » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Ambridge County wrote:These are the same people who bitch about William Ayers and Rev. Wright. These men are insignificant: they did not seek the presidency (or the vice presidency), they weren't appointed to the President's Cabinet, and both of them will die and fade into obscurity. An asterisk on the article of the 2008 campaign.

Sarah Palin, on the other hand, is a deranged individual who seeks power. She is the most self-congratulatory, arrogant, thin-skinned person to ever run for public office, next to maybe John McCain. Whenever people call her an idiot, of course it's not her fault -- it's the "liberal media"! As far as I'm concerned, Sarah Palin's notion of "real America" extends only to the twenty or so lard-asses who still support her.

But keep in mind that Sarah Palin has no chance of winning, didn't seek the presidency or vice-presidency until McCain rolled a natural 1, will never be appointed to a cabinet, and will also die and fade into obscurity. All she has going for her is that she's somewhat attractive (on the outside, anyway), and that's already starting to fade.
-- King DragonAtma of the Dragon Kingdom of South Lorenya.

Nagas on a plane! ^_^

Fal Dara in Shienar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fal Dara in Shienar » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:10 pm

Oh no, stop the presses!!11!!!
Faux (so original) News shows parody book instead of real one!!!!!

:rofl:

This doesn't deserve a thread.

Can't we do better than this?
One of the great triumphs of the nineteenth century was to limit the connotation of the word "immoral" in such a way that, for practical purposes, only those were immoral who drank too much or made too copious love. Those who indulged in any or all of the other deadly sins could look down in righteous indignation on the lascivious and the gluttonous.... In the name of all lechers and boozers I most solemnly protest against the invidious distinction made to our prejudice.
—Aldous Huxley

Ambridge County
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambridge County » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:10 pm

South Lorenya wrote:
Ambridge County wrote:These are the same people who bitch about William Ayers and Rev. Wright. These men are insignificant: they did not seek the presidency (or the vice presidency), they weren't appointed to the President's Cabinet, and both of them will die and fade into obscurity. An asterisk on the article of the 2008 campaign.

But keep in mind that Sarah Palin has no chance of winning, didn't seek the presidency or vice-presidency until McCain rolled a natural 1, will never be appointed to a cabinet, and will also die and fade into obscurity. All she has going for her is that she's somewhat attractive (on the outside, anyway), and that's already starting to fade.

Don't be so sure. The propagandists and teabaggers at Fox News will try their damnedest to prop her up. Just look at what they're doing now. With all the poor white mothers enraged over that damned Negro in the White House, Palin will have a solid base in 2012 if she wanted to make the run. ;)

Points to those who knew I was being sarcastic with the "damned Negro" remark. Their words, not mine.
Here comes your answer!
See it yet?
Oh no, that's not it.
Oh wait, is that it?
Yes it is!
Your answer is!
Shut the fuck up!

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:13 pm

*** Warned for trolling. ***
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

South Lorenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Lorenya » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Ambridge County wrote:Don't be so sure. The propagandists and teabaggers at Fox News will try their damnedest to prop her up. Just look at what they're doing now. With all the poor white mothers enraged over that damned Negro in the White House, Palin will have a solid base in 2012 if she wanted to make the run. ;)

Points to those who knew I was being sarcastic with the "damned Negro" remark. Their words, not mine.

Even they'll realize that she's a lost cause. And if they don't, hey, it's been a looong time since Monroe's 231-1 win.

Nagas on a plane! ^_^

Ambridge County
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambridge County » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:17 pm

South Lorenya wrote:
Ambridge County wrote:Don't be so sure. The propagandists and teabaggers at Fox News will try their damnedest to prop her up. Just look at what they're doing now. With all the poor white mothers enraged over that damned Negro in the White House, Palin will have a solid base in 2012 if she wanted to make the run. ;)

Even they'll realize that she's a lost cause. And if they don't, hey, it's been a looong time since Monroe's 231-1 win.

Do you know what would be the absolute best ticket for the Democratic Party in 2012?

Palin/Bachmann.

Need I explain?
Here comes your answer!
See it yet?
Oh no, that's not it.
Oh wait, is that it?
Yes it is!
Your answer is!
Shut the fuck up!

South Lorenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Lorenya » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Ambridge County wrote:
South Lorenya wrote:

Do you know what would be the absolute best ticket for the Democratic Party in 2012?

Palin/Bachmann.

Need I explain?

Nah, absolute best would be two republicans too young to take the presidency. :p

Nagas on a plane! ^_^

Ambridge County
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambridge County » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:21 pm

South Lorenya wrote:
Ambridge County wrote:
South Lorenya wrote:

Palin/Bachmann.

Need I explain?

Nah, absolute best would be two republicans too young to take the presidency. :p

Good point. Better not leave any doors open.
Last edited by Ambridge County on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here comes your answer!
See it yet?
Oh no, that's not it.
Oh wait, is that it?
Yes it is!
Your answer is!
Shut the fuck up!

South Lorenya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Lorenya » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Ambridge County wrote:
South Lorenya wrote:
Ambridge County wrote:
South Lorenya wrote:

Palin/Bachmann.

Need I explain?

uh. You have to be 35 to become president; both goons are in their 40s.

If you were being sarcastic, I'm sorry, I'm a bit out of it today. I'm more nimble outside of the holidays.

I was actually thinking about a Palin daughter and a Bush daughter...

Nagas on a plane! ^_^

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General