NATION

PASSWORD

Te Kuiti Zombie infestation. OOC (Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Zerlos
Envoy

Founded: Jul 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Te Kuiti Zombie infestation. OOC (Closed)

Postby Zerlos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:35 pm

IC thread is up viewtopic.php?f=31&t=256113&p=15952160#p15952160
Do not enter this game unless you are on this list:
Arulean states
Elrian
United land of advancement
Jinwoy
Oslovica
Zepplien
Galdius
Canirytas
Cyborg Holland
Stahn
Kelmet
Raktio
Xephyl
Alouite
Dalria
Novus refugees
Mexican liberation
Dekarta II
Aetanovum
Occeania
New Tyran

I have removed game 2 for inactivity, all players of game 2 will go into game one. Yes that is a crap ton of players but it's up to you to keep aware of who you are with. Sorry it's a bit of a mess.

Te Kuiti is a small rural town around the middle of the north island of New Zealand. This is where the RP will be set. Players will take the role of themselves living in this town, during the zombie apocalypse. I will begin at the very beginning of the out-break, with Announcements on the T.V and scattered sightings.

The goal of this RP is to find out how people believe they would act during A zombie apocalypse, so it is preferable for you to play yourself. How ever, If you despise the thought, you can apply to be a fictional character. If you do this, you must explain why you believe your character will enhance the RP.

The Zombies will be controlled by me. They will largely be influenced by the way Max Brooks describes them in his book "World War Z" so they run at a jog at best. I will do my best to keep events rolling and keep the game interesting for everyone. I will also occasionally set missions for your characters to attempt.

Remember, New Zealand has a very low gun count, how ever, farmers will often own rifles, and there are hunting rifles and pistols sold in the hunting store. All players are supposed to be citizens of the town. This means that they know the layout of the area, so it is reasonable to know where shops are, and where other players houses are. Also! you are aloud to go anywhere you want! If you Really want to leave Te Kuiti, then you can, though only if you have a few other players with you, otherwise it will just turn into a story that affects no one.

This will all be recapped along with more detailed rule when I write up the IC thread.

Application

Name:
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday:
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...):
Physical description:
Personality:
Family members living with you:
Extra

If your player is not based on you
How does adding this character enhance the RP:
Last edited by Zerlos on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Arulean States
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arulean States » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Application

Name: Liam Rooney
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: hanging with friends
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): two years of basic training. Dropped out.
Physical description: fit, tall dirty blonde hair. Green eyes.
Personality: dark, depressing. I am a preper. I have plans
Family members living with you: None. Lives with friends
Extra: owns a hunting rifle (please?)
5- At peace
4- Potential threat
3- Active preparations for war
2- Mobilization of Armed reserves and Militias
1- All out war

You can call me Aru

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Accepted. It is realistic for a bunch of mates to have one rifle that they might go can shooting with, though your ammunition will be very limited. Also how many friends?
Last edited by Zerlos on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Application

Name: Riley Gaterau
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: At the hospital
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): Has many years of surgical training but hasn't actually performed many operations.
Physical description: Tall, Brunette, green eyes.
Personality: Usually lively but somewhat depressed.
Family members living with you: None
Extra: SR9c-Compact pistol, Basic medical supplies and access to more potent drugs.
Last edited by Elerian on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United Land of Advancement
Lobbyist

Founded: May 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Land of Advancement » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Name:Chase Warren

Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday:With my dog hunting

Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...):Complete course of law enforcement weapon handling through local police and 8 yera Brazillian Ju-Jitsu

Physical description:5'10 150lb. Muscular frame brown hair with blonde mohawk and hazel eyes.

Personality:Friendly, Forgiving, Logical

Family members living with you:Mom Dad nephew and dog (german sheppard)

Extra: Makeshift bow (if possible) and dog treats.
Last edited by United Land of Advancement on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jinwoy
Senator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jinwoy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Application

Name:
John Crow

Home

Hunter - uses more traditional weapons rather than a rifle. Good at stalking prey and keeping quiet in certain situations, he often describes the darkness 'as his friend'. As a hunter, he has knowledge of edible berries, flowers and fruits as well as some basic first aid knowledge. Because the areas around Te Kuiti aren't exactly 'prime' hunting grounds, he will need to rely on his stealth skills to survive the outbreak.

Physical description:
Medium build, not much endurance but makes up for it with willpower and determination. He isn't too bad to look at either...

Personality:
John is silent. He appears apathetic, but this is merely a facade... John is filled with lots of compassion for everyone and everything, he sees it as a weakness, people who know John personally call it one of his better attributes. He is obsessed with honour and peace, more so than the average person.

N/A

My character is only slightly based on me - the stealth and first aid part anyway. I'm not entirely sure how to answer your question, as I planned for my character to do his own thing 60-99% of the time anyway.

Notes;
New Zealand has a low ranking military count, but it is nevertheless quite well developed and modern - on par with that of Australia and some parts of Europe and Asia but they are not anywhere near invincible, and I'd expect to see some international help (like UN or even perhaps Australian assistance).
New Zealand also has a relatively small population (About half of New York city alone), and so we can expect some safety from infected just about anywhere in the country (with exception to major 'cities' in New Zealand like Auckland and Wellington) which also makes it somewhat easily defendable from major outbreaks.
However, most of New Zealand's north island is agricultural with some exceptions like Urban Auckland and the Coromandel Peninsula, there's more but I can't be bothered.
The land around Te Kuiti is mostly rural from what I can see, making it somewhat easy to travel away from on foot. It also appears to be settled in a valley like area, which means that there's two 'easy' escape routes out of the city - taking into account the small population of this town, we can assume that there would be little to no gridlock traffic but the high density of population (at least, relative to the surrounding area) make this town a bad spot to be in when zombies attack.
In short, I'm doubtful about your choice of location but I'll play along anyway to see how it turns out. <3

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Elerian wrote:Application

Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): Has many years of surgical training but hasn't actually performed many operations.
Extra: SR9c-Compact pistol, Basic medical supplies and access to more potent drugs.

Accepted if you can justify why you have a hand-gun

United Land of Advancement wrote:Name:Chase Warren

Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...):Complete course of law enforcement weapon handling through local police and 8 yera Brazillian Ju-Jitsu

Physical description:5'10 150lb. Muscular frame brown hair with blonde mohawk and hazel eyes.

Accepted. If you think you can make a bow, then sure. :)
Last edited by Zerlos on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Zerlos wrote:
Elerian wrote:Application

Accepted if you can justify why you have a hand-gun

United Land of Advancement wrote:Name:Chase Warren

Accepted. If you think you can make a bow, then sure. :)

Why not? Hes a bit depressed so you never know what he may do. Plus he lives in a city so it might be handy.

Oslovica
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oslovica » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Name:Zacheriah Bjorn
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: At home reading.
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): Minor martial arts/wrestling/CQC, decent survival skills, decent at archery, minor automobile repair experience
Physical description: 5 foot 10, 230lbs, slightly pudgy. Blonde hair cut into a military Mohawk(or buzz-hawk), hazel eyes.
Personality: Happy, humorous, but also shy
Family members living with you: Father and a German-Sheperd/Pug mix.
Extra: Bow with 10 arrows or so, at least a couple axes, and a few old army survival manuals.

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Jinwoy wrote:
Application

Name:
John Crow

Home

Hunter - uses more traditional weapons rather than a rifle. Good at stalking prey and keeping quiet in certain situations, he often describes the darkness 'as his friend'. As a hunter, he has knowledge of edible berries, flowers and fruits as well as some basic first aid knowledge. Because the areas around Te Kuiti aren't exactly 'prime' hunting grounds, he will need to rely on his stealth skills to survive the outbreak.

Physical description:
Medium build, not much endurance but makes up for it with willpower and determination. He isn't too bad to look at either...

Personality:
John is silent. He appears apathetic, but this is merely a facade... John is filled with lots of compassion for everyone and everything, he sees it as a weakness, people who know John personally call it one of his better attributes. He is obsessed with honour and peace, more so than the average person.

N/A

My character is only slightly based on me - the stealth and first aid part anyway. I'm not entirely sure how to answer your question, as I planned for my character to do his own thing 60-99% of the time anyway.

Notes;
New Zealand has a low ranking military count, but it is nevertheless quite well developed and modern - on par with that of Australia and some parts of Europe and Asia but they are not anywhere near invincible, and I'd expect to see some international help (like UN or even perhaps Australian assistance).
New Zealand also has a relatively small population (About half of New York city alone), and so we can expect some safety from infected just about anywhere in the country (with exception to major 'cities' in New Zealand like Auckland and Wellington) which also makes it somewhat easily defendable from major outbreaks.
However, most of New Zealand's north island is agricultural with some exceptions like Urban Auckland and the Coromandel Peninsula, there's more but I can't be bothered.
The land around Te Kuiti is mostly rural from what I can see, making it somewhat easy to travel away from on foot. It also appears to be settled in a valley like area, which means that there's two 'easy' escape routes out of the city - taking into account the small population of this town, we can assume that there would be little to no gridlock traffic but the high density of population (at least, relative to the surrounding area) make this town a bad spot to be in when zombies attack.
In short, I'm doubtful about your choice of location but I'll play along anyway to see how it turns out. <3

Accepted. I prefer characters based on players, but if your character can make the setting more interesting for other than you can play. You can do your own thing, but I'd still like you to interact with others:)

As for your other notes. You bring up several good points. It is not guaranteed Te Kuiti will receive military immediately as most of the focus will be on population centers like Auckland, Wellington ect... Though you did remind me that we may receive international assistance and I will factor that in.
One of the main reasons I chose Te Kuiti was because of it's location in the valley. In the case of a Zombie apocalypse, most peoples reaction will be to escape urban areas, and rush to farm land. That means Aucklanders run south, and Wellingtonians run north mashing in the middle. This means that there will still be a large amount of zombies, even though New Zealand has a low population. How ever, the valley would offer a surprising amount of defense. There are less points to defend, and sound will be trapped in the valley, so less zombies will be drawn in. This should hopefully balance the numbers, as well as allow me to scale the ratios if I need to up or down the difficulty. I did like that you went and had a look at the map and I appreciate the suggestions :) keep them coming if you have more

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Elerian wrote:Why not? Hes a bit depressed so you never know what he may do. Plus he lives in a city so it might be handy.

Alrighty. It would be interesting to see what someone who considers themselves to have nothing to lose would react. Once again though. Limited ammunition.

Also I hope this isn't to closely based on you :s

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Zerlos wrote:
Elerian wrote:Why not? Hes a bit depressed so you never know what he may do. Plus he lives in a city so it might be handy.

Alrighty. It would be interesting to see what someone who considers themselves to have nothing to lose would react. Once again though. Limited ammunition.

Also I hope this isn't to closely based on you :s

Nah really related to me I just thought itd be interesting. Plus if he ever find something or someone he would probably protect it too the death.

Also thanks.
Last edited by Elerian on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Oslovica wrote:Name:Zacheriah Bjorn
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: At home reading.
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): Minor martial arts/wrestling/CQC, decent survival skills, decent at archery, minor automobile repair experience
Physical description: 5 foot 10, 230lbs, slightly pudgy. Blonde hair cut into a military Mohawk(or buzz-hawk), hazel eyes.
Personality: Happy, humorous, but also shy
Family members living with you: Father and a German-Sheperd/Pug mix.
Extra: Bow with 10 arrows or so, at least a couple axes, and a few old army survival manuals.

Accepted

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Elerian wrote:Nah really related to me I just thought itd be interesting. Plus if he ever find something or someone he would probably protect it too the death.

Excellent :)

Arulean States
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arulean States » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Zerlos wrote:Accepted. It is realistic for a bunch of mates to have one rifle that they might go can shooting with, though your ammunition will be very limited. Also how many friends?

Three. And only Liam and another friend use the gun. One is a pacifist and the other prefers baseball bats.
5- At peace
4- Potential threat
3- Active preparations for war
2- Mobilization of Armed reserves and Militias
1- All out war

You can call me Aru

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:27 pm

All good :)

If too many people join, I may split the group into a couple different games. Though I would like some suggestions on this proposal.
If I do this there are several options.
-Run two of the exact same game.

-Run two threads in the same setting but half the people are in a different town.
This could be interesting as things happening in each thread may indirectly affect the other thread. And players could switch between threads by finding a way to travel in game to the other threads town.

-Not split it and have a highly populated thread. Could get messy

-Any other suggestions

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Zerlos wrote:All good :)

If too many people join, I may split the group into a couple different games. Though I would like some suggestions on this proposal.
If I do this there are several options.
-Run two of the exact same game.

-Run two threads in the same setting but half the people are in a different town.
This could be interesting as things happening in each thread may indirectly affect the other thread. And players could switch between threads by finding a way to travel in game to the other threads town.

-Not split it and have a highly populated thread. Could get messy

-Any other suggestions

That would be interesting but I think you would focus on one game and spend little time on the other. I dunno but thats just something that could happen.

I like it but It could get really complicated. Also if one town gets blown to shit then everyone will wanna switch.

Yea that would get messy.

Ill TG you if I think of anything but I think option two would be cool.

Dalria
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalria » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Tag for interest.

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Name: Alan H.
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: Playing games at home
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): Some medical skill, ok with a gun (If he gets one)
Physical description: Tall, unkempt long black hair, very dark brown eyes, thin, totally not muscular at all.
Personality: Cowardly, brilliant, fearful, Macgyvery (Without success rate.)
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:37 am

Zepplien wrote:Name: Alan H.
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: Playing games at home
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): Some medical skill, ok with a gun (If he gets one)
Physical description: Tall, unkempt long black hair, very dark brown eyes, thin, totally not muscular at all.
Personality: Cowardly, brilliant, fearful, Macgyvery (Without success rate.)

Accepted :)

IC will be up tomorrow, and if numbers are there I will set up two threads. I am happy to do the work so if there are two threads they will be running from different towns. I have ways I can keep the one thread blowing up scenario under control. The second thread would be in a town called (I will tell you when my capped internet lets me onto google maps to have a scout)

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:14 am

Name:Olivia Hunter
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: Outside, going for long walks, climbing around the structures, looking for inspiration and possibly even painting.

Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): practiced "do it yourself" Parkour for a few years and is a fairly good urban climber, quick on her feet and is skilled with a spray paint can.

Physical description:
Olivia stands pretty tall for a girl of her age, standing at around 5'9 in height. Olivia has a slim and athletic physique which is slowly deteriorating.

Personality: Olviva is someone who would rather express herself with can of spray paint than do it verbally, she is quite, somewhat shy, she keeps her cards close to her chest and is very non confrontational when it comes to her other people, never taking a violent or argumentative route. She will stay out of in-group fighting and try to never take any verbal attacks on herself personally during both the heated and the more calm times within the group. Olivia is just as nervous and scared as anybody else in the group, but she'll will go out of her way to help people that need aid.
Family members living with you: Her grandparents live in the area, who she is staying with..

Extra: Olivia is an urban artist who is influenced by banks but is a relatively new to the scene, so she always carries a few can of spray paint and the odd stencil in case she gets some spontaneous ideas in a messenger bag. Olivia is also a big fan of the Walking dead graphic novels and the Max brooks World War z, she admires both the art style of the TWD and the deep interesting undertones in both TWD and WWZ.

ack, no bio, feel so nude without one.

How does adding this character enhance the RP: My character is going to not be a two dimensional emotionless survivalist lol character. Need I say more.
Last edited by Galdius on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Canirytas
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Canirytas » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:24 am

Name: Liam Snow
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: Mostly at home, browsing the internet or reading something.
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): No real training but basic strategic and tactical skills and good intuition. Can handle a basic weapon without much effort.
Physical description: Avarage lenght, dark blonde hair, green eyes.
Personality: Introverted, ocassionally needs time for himself. Has a personal moral code which he adheres to strongly. Overall diplomatic and friendly, though he can be snarking and sarcastic at times. Listens to his instincts, which are usually right.
Family members living with you: Parents only.
Extra: Old gasmask with filter, fireman's axe.

However, I will not be able to Rp in the coming four days, is it okay if I jump in later?

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:33 am

Application

Name: Char (Charlotte) North
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: At the supermarket
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): Finished studying medicine at University last year, basic hunting abilities learned from her father. Expert horsewoman.

Physical description: 5ft 6", cropped black hair, brown eyes. Mid-level fitness, not overly athletic

Personality: Pretty 'normal' girl born in Auckland, moved to Te Kuiti after University to work in the Hospital (I presume that she will know Riley Gaterau). She has learned to be quiet in her new surroundings, but can be fearsome in hard situations. She has a minor record of mental issue, notably a breakdown when she was 17. She's received treatment to deal with this, but it still lies under her new appearance. Charlotte is a junior medical doctor working in the local hospital. She moved from Auckland to Te Kuiti last year after University, splitting with her boyfriend of 4 years after he refused to move with her. There is a bit of underlying anger about him not coming with her. She spends time walking and riding as opposed to socialising with others, so she knows the terrain around the town very well.

Family members living with you: none

Extra: Old hunting rifle with a box of ammunition, capable of taking down a dear (or a zombie). Horse, named Tarka, in a stables down the road from her. Hiking equipment (inc. tent, sleeping bag, navigational equipment)

How does adding this character enhance the RP: Charlotte will start off normal and level-headed, but once things start getting messy, she might start to lose it mentally, which will provide a challenge for other players.

Zerlos
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerlos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:44 am

All above accepted

Stahn
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stahn » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 am

Application

Name: Harry Jansen
Where you would be at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday: Riding my bicycle back home back from work.
Notable skills (e.g Military training, martial arts, medicine...): Did a bit of Judo at a younger age (green belt) but took up boxing later. Had some amateur matches. Was pretty good although not a very technical boxer. Tried hands at karate for very short time. Good at target shooting but only did it at carnavals and such with air guns and at one occasion with a crossbow. Never used a real gun before.
Also bit of a hobbyist. Designed a repeating crossbow once and it worked pretty well.
Physical description: 1.87 meters tall, weigh around 90 kg. Used to working with the hands. Pretty strong. Good balance. Not the fastest bloke on the block. Not good at team sports but better than average in sports like boxing or wrestling.
Personality:A bit of a loner. Would have liked to be more sociable at times but find hanging around people pretty exausting at times.
Family members living with you: none
Extra: Nothing

Last edited by Stahn on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse