NATION

PASSWORD

Twin Falling Stars (FT, NOW CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Astoria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Twin Falling Stars (FT, NOW CLOSED)

Postby Astoria » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Edge of Astorian Space
Private Starship Uncharted Desires

"Nature abhors a vacuum, cox'n, that's what I always say."

"Oh, is it now? What old holo did you steal that from, captain?"

"I will have you know, Logan, that particular piece of wisdom came straight from my dear old grandfather, Force take his pirate soul."

"I'm sure."

Drake Logan knew that phrase wasn't from Captain Wexler's bantha of a grandfather, but he had to admit it was a catchy little piece of word work. And it did fit their current situation rather well. The Republic had a longstanding tradition of spice use, and with use came restriction and regulation, and with laws came lawbreakers eager to take up the slack. And thus the Uncharted Desires, a private yacht with a bit more cargo space and a few more weapons than might be legal in more respectable starports, found itself making its way through space just inside the sovereign territory of the Interstellar Republic but just outside the scope of its legal jurisdiction with half a hull of hard spice and half a hull of Ionian shimmer-gems. It wasn't honest work but it was steady, and the cuts made Logan enough that he could soon begin considering the acquisition of his own ship and setting off for himself.

Something on the navigation console started beeping rather alarmingly. Logan swiveled around, forgetting Wexler and whatever it was he was saying, and focused his eyes on the subspace indicator. Something was coming.

"Captain, hyperspace signature, two signatures, forming up on our left." As the last words tumbled out, a pair of ships flashed into existence on a fast burn for an intercept course with the Uncharted Desires. While Logan worked on getting a solid reading, Wexler enhanced the image on the viewports - a pair of old corvettes resolved into visibility, marked with an all too familiar symbol.

"Pirates!" Wexler shouted in alarm. "Logan, get us out of here! Ready weapons and raise the shields!"

The bridge crew worked furiously to carry out the orders, but the pirates had come ready for the fight the Uncharted Desires was just realizing she was in. Bolts of brilliant scarlet flashed out and caught the unshielded vessel midships. On the bridge, lights sparked and flickered as key power lines were severed and auxiliaries worked to suddenly pick up the strain.

"Power's at half," a Duro reported from across the bridge. "A handful of weapons are still working, returning fire now." Red bolts jumped from both ships now, but the pirates' were more plentiful and better aimed. Throughout, Logan worked furiously on getting the craft's bantha-slow civilian navicomputer to calculate a course.

"Wexler." A sneering Pauan appeared on the comscreen. "Your debts to Kovo are being called in. Surrender your cargo and prepare to be boarded."

"I'll pay Kovo when we damn well agreed!" Wexler hurled defiance back at the screen. "You go to hell, Trok!" Wexler looked to Logan. "Get us out of here."

Logan took a deep breath, hit the final button on the computer, and then tenderly pushed the hyperdrive level to maximum. The engines of the Uncharted Desires trembled, burst into bright life, and pushed the ship into the nonexistence of hyperspace.

On the bridge of his ship, the pirate lord Trok Mulga scowled. "Track them," he spat at his own navigator."

A sniveling Twilek spoke up a moment later. "Their course puts them outside Republic space, sir. Their vector was erratic, but we will have their final destination soon."

Unknown World
One ship had entered hyperspace.

Two pieces of a ship were flung almost contemptuously from that mysterious realm towards an unknown green-and-blue marble of a planet. The front half, trailing fire from rooms whose blastdoors had closed on the other side of the tear, hurtled down as the surviving bridge crew battled the will of the Force to right themselves and end their descent.

Captain Wexler slumped next to his seat, blood trickling from an uncountable number of small wounds acquired when the light panel above him had exploded downward in a spay of lethal particles. Four other bodies were motionless on the floor. The survivors continued to man their consoles, out of a devotion to their own self-preservation. If this was not done exactly as it needed to be done, they would all die.

Slowly, using whatever means they could and some they had to invent, the surviving bridge crew guided the front half of the Uncharted Desires from a fatal dive to a merely painful descent. The half-ship slammed through the atmosphere and plowed a long and painful trench into the dirt. And then suddenly it was over, and the Uncharted Desires had made her last landing.

“Alright, we’re down.” Logan finally broke the silence by shoving Wexer’s body aside and putting himself into the slightly bloodstained captain’s seat. “I’m assuming command-“

“Under what right?!” A pilot shouted from where he stood, nursing a nasty cut in his arm.

“Under the right of we’ve still got a Force-damned job to do,” Logan cut off further protests with a sharp retort. “The other half of this ship is going to land somewhere on this world, and I aim to find it, find a way off of here, and make good on whatever survived the journey. Anyone else who’s interested in salvaging something from this clusterfuck can come with me.”

Above him, the flamed-wreathed cargo hold of the Uncharted Desires plummeted into the ground, leaving a streak of smoke. The spice had mostly burned up, but the shimmer-gems remained, casting a faint light from the hull where rays of sunlight reflected off their brilliant clarity.
Last edited by Astoria on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The United States of Astoria

The Systems Alliance of Earth
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:37 pm

http://media.desura.com/images/groups/1/3/2632/alliance_destroyer_concept_v2_by_nach77-d5sadq6_1.jpg

The SSV Moringa, an Alliance Atlantic-Class Destroyer was parked right outside the planet of Eden Prime when the sensors being monitored by Flight Lieutenant John Terry began picking up strange actvity from hyperspace. The only ones that were on the bridge were Lieutenant Terry, Captain William Dekore and Major Thomas Alenko.

"Sir." The Lieutenant paused to search around on the ships database for what this phenomena could be.

"Captain, i'm picking up some strange ship readings from our sensors. They are going haywire! Whatever kind of ship this is, the sensors tell me that it's about to exit hyperspace." Said the Lieutenant pressing yellow buttons on visible floating screens that clicked off when the Lieutenant touched some of the buttons.

"Is it Alliance?" Said the Captain while walking up to the pilot seat.

"Negative, Captain. It's not showing up as any recorded government vessel." The Lieutenant sputted out while frantically trying to calm the sensors.

"Okay. This could be an incoming attack. Let's not take any chances. Activate barriers and weapons. Get the crew on alert." Said the Captain.

"Aye aye, Captain. Activating Barr-."

The Lieutenant was cut off by a large yellow fiery ship wizzing past the Destroyer down to the surface of the planet.

"Captain! Unknown vessel is landing on Eden Prime. It's the same one making the sensors go crazy!" Said the Lieutenant while still working with the ships V.I.

"Did it hit anything?" Said the Captain.

"Unknown, sir. It's still entering the atmosphere. Orders, Captain?" the Lieutenant said looking back at the Captain.

"Keep the Moringa's weapons and barrier online. I'm taking a team down to where that thing is crashing." Said the Captain while walking to the ship's elevator.

"Aye aye, Captain" Said the Lieutenant.

Within the next 5 minutes, the SSV Moringa's shuttle bay doors had opened fully to reveal a shiny blue and black UT-47 Kodiak drop shuttle, carrying the Captain and a team of 4 Marines, boost out and hit a quick turn down towards the planet.

The soldiers inside the shuttle were bounced around and bumped around as the shuttle entered the atmosphere, still adjusting their Mark I combat armor since they didn't have much time to work out the minor comfort problems.

"Marines, check weapons!" Said the Captain while checking the thermal clip inside of his Avenger assault rifle.

Over a period of 6 seconds, 4 "Check!" responses came from the Marines as they were loaded up.

The Captain turned his head towards the cockpit.

"Corporal Benning, where did this ship land?" Said the Captain.

"It didn't land, sir. It crashed. I'm also picking up that the ship is in two and that the upper part landed near the Alunstk Forest while lower part hit in the forest." Said the Corporal.

"Alright, this could be an unregistered shuttle that went bad, or this could be a disguise for a Batarian attack. When we reach the upper part of this vessel, assume hostilities. Safeties off!" Ordered the Captain.

"Sir, yes sir!" Said the 4 Marines in unison.

A voice shot out from the front of the Kodiak, "ETA to crashsite, 2 minutes!"
Last edited by The Systems Alliance of Earth on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Astoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:14 pm

Eden Prime Surface
Drake Logan led the small band of crash survivors away from the wreckage of the Uncharted Desires, pausing when he was sufficiently far ahead and watching them move to catch up. Three humans, a Duro, two Twileks and an Drell were all that survived in this half of the ship. Logan didn't want to think about what had happened to the poor beings in the aft section, which had been engines and the hull and thus without much in the way of life support or other emergency aids. If someone had survived the separation, they certainly hadn't lived through the unmitigated freefall to the surface.

The Duro handed Logan a datapad. "I've calculated the trajectory of the hold, based on what the ship's computers could pick up of the descent. It's not exact but it's the best lead we've got." Logan scanned the 'pad and nodded. It was a bit of a hike, but it could be done.

"Well I hope everyone enjoyed sitting around, because now we're walking. Gather weapons and supplies and be ready to move." No one had really questioned Logan's assumption of authority - smuggler ethics and their current situation kept dissent low for the time being. Logan didn't want to think about how this would all sort out when they found the hold, and whatever was left in it.

The low whine of an approaching shuttle caught everyone's attention. Smuggler hearing seemed to almost evolve to pick up sounds like shuttlecraft when others might not. It paid to be able to know as early as possible when the time for going was good. Activity around the ship intensified as the crew struggled to extract what they could from the wreckage.

"We're not going to make a clean sweep of it in time," Logan calculated out loud. "Yans, Otto, Bairns, I want you to stay put. Distract or bribe or kill off whoever it is coming in. Keep them off us while we retrieve the cargo."

"And what if you all decide to screw us out of our cut?!" Yana, a female Twilek whose blue skin was blemished by a handful of cuts and scrapes, demanded angrily.

"No one gets screwed," Logan affirmed. "Not on something that's already gone this bad. And besides, if it's Trok we'll need to know, and if its someone else maybe we can get them to blow him out of the sky when he shows up."

"If he shows up," the Drell named Otto corrected. Logan shook his head.

"Trok is coming for us. Bastard won't give up that easily."

Several Minutes Later
The computer had been wiped of anything incriminating and the bodies had been laid out and covered. Now the three smugglers stood around watching the Alliance shuttle land. An open comlink rested on a console, letting Logan listen into whatever happened from his current position, which was moving rapidly away from the crash and in the direction of the cargo hold.

Yana and a human named Bairns had holstered blaster pistols, while Otto cradled a blaster rifle and stood off to the side, giving him a better field of fire. All pairs of eyes were on the shuttle.

In Orbit
The two corvettes shot out from hyperspace into the space around Eden Prime. Trok Mulga lounged in the command chair of the Stellar Damsel,the chair oversized to compensate for his larger-than-human stature. Around him, a number of alien species and a handful of humans worked to compute their location, and the location of the cargo they had come to claim.

"One vessel in orbit, captain," a Klatoonian reported from his seat. "Unidentified affiliation."

"Ignore it," Trok commanded. "Focus on finding me that cargo! The crew are a bonus."

"I have a reading on the gems," a Blood Carver rasped.

"Order the men to the shuttles and get them down there, now!" Trok slammed a fist into the steel of the command chair to emphasize the urgency with which he expected the orders to be carried out. Soon beings equipped with the sort of mismatched body armor and weapons that came with the nature of piracy were rushing into a pair of shuttles, one from each corvette, and just as the Alliance shuttle was breaking atmosphere the two pirate shuttles shot from their small hangars and began racing towards the planet.
Last edited by Astoria on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:38 am

Eden Prime

As soon as the popping sound of the engines cutting off gave everyone the signal to get ready at the door.

"Sir, you have a small group of....unidentified targets standing outside of the shuttle." Said the Corporal while shutting down none critical systems.

"Alright, Marines. Open the hatch!" Said the Captain.

The black bottom half of the shuttle door slid to the side while the top slid upwards revealing the 4 marines and the Captain aiming weapons at the unidentified targets.

The Marines and the Captain slowely exfilled from the shuttle and moved into a upward V position.

The Captain and marines were shocked to find a type of species that...didn't make sense to them.

The Captain broke the silence.

"I am Captain William Dekore of the SSV Moringa of the Systems Alliance Navy. You have illegally landed on an Alliance colony. We request you to peacefully remove your sidearms and rifles and lay them on the ground. Once you have been secured, you will be brought to the Moringa and this will be straightened out. Are there any others with you?" Said the Captain with weapons trained on the foreheads of all the unknowns.

Eden Prime Orbit

With the Captain gone to the surface, the weight of all the Moringa's problems fell to Major Thomas Alenko, the Executive Officer.

"Major Alenko, i am picking up two more unidentified spacecraft that just jumped out of hyperspace and two shuttles are already heading down towards the planet." Said the Lieutenant.

"Send a message to the Third Fleet, tell them about the situation and to advise. For right now, try to hail them. Keep all weapons and torpedos trained on them."

"Aye aye, Major." Said the Lieutenant.

The Lieutenant then sent a loud buzzing sound to the electronic systems of one of the corvettes to attempt to contact them.
Last edited by The Systems Alliance of Earth on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Astoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:48 am

The Systems Alliance of Earth wrote:"I am Captain William Dekore of the SSV Moringa of the Systems Alliance Navy. You have illegally landed on an Alliance colony. We request you to peacefully remove your sidearms and rifles and lay them on the ground. Once you have been secured, you will be brought to the Moringa and this will be straightened out. Are there any others with you?"

The three smugglers exchanged looks. "Oh great," the human muttered. "We're doing this by the books." Yana, the Twilek, nudged an elbow into his side to shut him up.

"We didn't exactly intend to land here," she explained to the captain and his Marines. "As you can probably tell." She waved a hand back at the crumpled half of a ship laying dead in the ground behind them. "But we could use some transport, and good high-powered coms unit so we can get back in touch with our customers. They're probably wondering where we've gotten to, might start thinking we've scampered off with the shipment and that won't be good for business, let me tell you."

No one made any movements to surrender their weapons, though the Drell did allow the muzzle of the rifle to point downwards as he reached over and grabbed the comlink. He clipped it to his belt and then resumed watching the drama unfold. Bairns, the human, continued to say nothing and glower at the Alliance men with a sort of restrained contempt. It wasn't anything personal - he just didn't like cops.

Meanwhile...
"Well, it's not Trok's boys at the crash site," Logan revealed to a relieved away party. "But it looks like we tripped some alarms in our entrance, so expect a search party sometime soon. In the meantime..."

"Logan," the Duro reappeared. "We've got company." His wristband activated, displaying a small holographic image of the planet. A big triangle marked the orbiting destroyer, but the Duro was more concerned about the four smaller icons, two of which were headed their way rather fast.

"Trok." Logan took a breath. "We'll have to bet on surprise then. And maybe this Alliance or whatever will take some offense and slow them down a bit." He nodded. "Alright, let's double the pace."

Eden Prime Orbit
"Sir, we are being hailed by the unidentified vessel. I believe they are likely concerned about our shuttles-"

"Did they say as much in their hail, Vranik?! No? Then do not presume to tell me their intentions!" Trok dismissed the Klatoonian with a wave of his hand, ending any further input he had to give. Instead he turned to a Drell on the other side of the bridge. "Prepare to return their hail."

The Pau'an projected himself, seated in the command chair of his ship. "This is Captain Trok Mulga. I am tasked with retrieving goods that belong rightfully to my employer, a man of considerable power and influence. Do not interfere, and I shall endeavor to complete this task quickly and begone."

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:04 am

Eden Prime

The Captain and the Marines continued to hold their avenger rifles high and accurate.

"I understand. We have had experience with Batarian attacks posing as crashed vessels, though they usually land in the planet's capital. I believe your story, but i also believe you come with my Marines onto my ship and we can get you a comm." Said the Captain.

The Captain took his left hand that was keeping the gun level towards his ear and proceeded to speak.

"Corporal, close the doors and see if there are any other visitors to this planet." Said the Captain.

Within 6 seconds, the shuttle's engines popped with a blue light, and slowely began to rise. It then turned towards the unknowns and then flew past them.

Eden Prime Orbit

The Major and Lieutenant listened to the message and was getting somewhat annoyed.

"I love his get it done attitude, sir. Even if he is an ugly...UGLY.." Said the Lieutenant jokingly.

"Send a response message." Interrupted the Major standing at attention with hands behind his back.

The Flight Liuetenant pressed a few buttons then a large yellow screen popped up right in front of the Major, signalling that the connection was confirmed.

"You are intruding in Alliance space without a registered vehicle. This ship's intentions are to keep this colony safe. You have two options. You can hand yourself over to this ship's Marines and be questioned. Or you can continue to do this the hard way and every torpedo tube, MAC cannon and GARDIAN Anti-Fighter cluster on this ship will come to bear on your corvettes." Said the Major with a dire serious attitude.

"Sir, a message has come back from Third Fleet Command." Said the Lieutenant.

"Put it through, Flight Lieutenant." Said the Major.

The Major turned to a large circular flat projector in the middle of the bridge as a medium sized figure made of blue swirling dots came online with a message.

"Major Alenko of the SSV Moringa, we have heard your message. Your orders are to take the people and ships into custody and bring them back to Third Fleet Command for questioning. Admiral Keith Torres out."

Then the blue figure shimmered out and wasn't seen anymore.

"The crew is at battlestations, cannons loaded and barriers at full strength, Major." Said the Lieutenant still flicking around the medium to large yellow screens being projected up to update the pilot on the ships current status.

"Send a message to the Captain. Tell him that they were not alone. And authorize another team of marines to go reinforce the Captain. Something tells me he will need it. And bring the Moringa closer to these unknowns to further encourage them to follow Alliance order." Said the Major while looking out of one of the many frontal windows towards the two corvettes.

"Aye aye, sir." Said the Lieutenant.
Last edited by The Systems Alliance of Earth on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:03 pm

This was one of those journeys Atticus Kettich could have done without. It wasn't that it wasn't a profitable run, far from it, but he hated dealing with humans, particularly Alliance-types. They had an air of smug superiority to them, a lot like high-born Argonians that made up the vast majority of the officers of His Imperial Majesty's Navy, where Kettich had served at one time.

He still wore the pants, and the scars he'd collected were plainly evident on his face and neck. Argonians, despite their advanced technology, still had a primal habit of getting up close and bloody with one another, even when separated by the void of open space and several thick layers of adamantine. Through force of habit Atticus still carried a heavy bolt-pistol on his right side, the bulky weapon situated in a rough leather holster. He'd been no officer, so a sword was out of the question, took too damn long to master and too damn long to draw. No, he'd spent his time as a provost and armsman, repelling enemy boarders and keeping the naval ratings in line. He had a few sharp things concealed on his person, also out of long habit.

Now a days, Captain Atticus Kettich ran one of the finest rouge trading vessels in the Spinward Arm, what his particular species had named this area of the galaxy. Rouge traders, by their nature, were a diverse bunch. Some were the sons of wealthy merchants eager for profit outside of the Empire's borders, others (like himself) were a bit more 'mercenary' in their occupations. Kettich's crew was mainly former Naval and Guardsmen personnel, and they worked rather effectively as a small unit. Still, during his time in the provosts, Kettich had found that he had an eye for contraband, and had become rather adept at finding a buyer for the items he confiscated, as well as determining their relative worth.

Thus, he'd become a rather adept trader, of sorts. Adventuring was more his style, however, selling artifacts of worth to collectors and other interested parties. He'd planted the Imperial flag on a dozen worlds, claiming them in the name of his Empire, although he really had no interest in the annals of history to which his named had been added because of it. No, Atticus Kettich was interested in the plunder involved. He...

He was being interrupted in his internal monologue by one of his crewmen. Frustrating...

"Cap'n! Cap'n!"

It was one of the marshland tribals he'd hired as scouts. Seemed like a natural idea since they hailed from a scout regiment in the Guard...

"What is it, Vektor?"

A hint of irritation crept into his voice as he brushed the tattooed hand off his shoulder smoothly. Effective scouts they were, understanding of his unique interpretation of personal space they were not...

"Sensor auspex has picked up a crashing vessel, figured you'd want to, you know, go poke about for salvage..."

The tribal grinned at him, showcasing a glittering pair of long, gold-plated canines...

"Certainly. Get some of the lads together and take the buggy. How many pieces did she come down in?"

The question drew a blank look from the scout...

"Why, hundreds... Thousands? Millions? I can only guess, Cap'n..."

When the tone of his voice become a questioning one, Kettich's hands balled into fists in an outward show of frustration...

"I realize that, Vektor. How many BIG pieces did it come down in? The BIG ones have the best salvage..."

It was as if a light came on behind the scout's normally dull eyes. Kerrich found it a small wonder he'd survived the harsh marshland swamps he'd been born to...

"Oh, just about three. Scans show the bridge came down a good ways away, but the engines and what they think is the cargo bay are a bit closer to the colony..."

Captain Kettich exhaled noisily, in a rush of frustration...

"Get to it, Vektor. I don't pay you to speculate. I pay you to find out for sure. You're a scout, so go scout the frakking thing. And take Maddox and some melta-charges with you. That thing's likely armored against intrusion..."

Vektor nodded and gave a thumbs-up as he turned to leave, a gesture Kettich found rather redundant. Within half an hour a four-man team wedged into the scouting buggy roared out of the cargo bay of the shuttle from Kettich's orbiting vessel and took off across the rolling green hills of Eden Prime. Kettich himself remained on the landing pad, watching the rest of the supplies as they were off-loaded and waiting for his payment to be delivered. In addition to standard currency, he'd asked for a few more mundane supplies to plus-up the galley aboard his vessel. Alcohol, meat, and baked goods went a long way towards making a diet that consisted of mainly synthetic protein seem a lot more appetizing...
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

Astoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:44 pm

The Systems Alliance of Earth wrote:"I understand. We have had experience with Batarian attacks posing as crashed vessels, though they usually land in the planet's capital. I believe your story, but i also believe you come with my Marines onto my ship and we can get you a comm."

Well, we're not Batarians, as you might have managed to deduce," Bairns said coldly. "But why should we come with you? I haven't met a uniform yet who wasn't looking for the slightest excuse to take the gloves off."

"Bairns." Yana shut the man down with a glare. "I'll go with you, captain. These two can stay here and guard the ship, see if anything comes through on what's left of our equipment." She looked to Bairns, then Otto, and saw no objections worth voicing. It was now up to the captain to decide.

Wandering Argonians wrote:Within half an hour a four-man team wedged into the scouting buggy roared out of the cargo bay of the shuttle from Kettich's orbiting vessel and took off across the rolling green hills of Eden Prime.

The routes of the pirate shuttles and the Argonian salvage team were bound to cross, and indeed they did. A grumpy-looking Nautolan co-piloting the lead craft was the first to spot the new contact, initially just via sensors but soon enough he could pick them out in the distance visually, a fast-moving speck on the landscape getting bigger as both parties neared the same destination.

"Boss man, we've got a buggy or something moving the same way we are." The pilot was a put-upon Duro, constantly infuriated by the low IQ and mean dispositions of his coworkers.

"Take some shots at it then! Trok's gonna kill us if we don't get the cargo."

The Nautolan nodded and powered up the firing controls. A pair of blaster cannons swiveled out of their recessed positions, rotated muzzle-first towards the buggy, and began to pump shots at the vehicle. Being small, moving, and targeted by not the most competent marksmen, the first shots were high and far. The shuttle's targeting computer slowly worked itself online and soon began to offset the sentient error with mechanical precision.

The Systems Alliance of Earth wrote:"You are intruding in Alliance space without a registered vehicle. This ship's intentions are to keep this colony safe. You have two options. You can hand yourself over to this ship's Marines and be questioned. Or you can continue to do this the hard way and every torpedo tube, MAC cannon and GARDIAN Anti-Fighter cluster on this ship will come to bear on your corvettes." Said the Major with a dire serious attitude.

Humans. Think they know everything. Sniveling creatures. Trok's mostly neutral face darkened as his facial muscles began to match up thought and appearance. The pirate forced them back to noncommittal while he pondered the latest message and information. The shuttle team had encountered some other party, likely not any of Wexler's crew, which left this "Alliance" as the likely culprit.

Probably paid off by some other crime lord to snatch the goods, Trok assumed. "I am under the most imperative of orders to recover the cargo at once. No hostility is intended by our intrusion. I assure you that necessity is our only motivation here. Now, if you would kindly call off what I can only assume is your own salvage team, my men can complete their duties and I can depart."

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Eden Prime

The Captain continued to glare and make out details on the faces of all those involved.

"If you want me to accept these conditions, tell your men to hand over their weapons." Said the Captain.

A faint ring sound could be heard from the Captain's ear and he instinctively raised his left hand to his ear.

"Status report, Lieutenant?" Said the Captain.

A few seconds of silence took the field.

"Alright, Lieutenant. Follow the Major's orders for now. Dekore out." Said the Captain.

"It seems you brought friends? There are two ships waiting right outside Eden Prime." Said the Captain.

Eden Prime Orbit

"Fire a warning shot across the command ship's bow." Said the Major watching the two ships carefully.

"Aye aye, Major." Said the Lieutenant. "Firing now."

Within milliseconds, a large blue blur shot out from one of the forward Mk. III cannons heading right towards the corvette. Then as it seemed like it was going to impact, it flew straight over the corvette and continued flying out into space, likely to impact a nearby planet or moon.

"Send this message to them." Said the Major now getting impatient.

"This is Alliance Territory. There are Alliance colonists on this planet and i will not have them put in danger by a couple of dirty, rotten thugs looking for cash. I don't care what you're orders were or who they were from. They do not apply in Alliance space. You have 2 minutes to recall your shuttles and kindly escort yourselves off of Alliance territory. If you do not comply with this, the SSV Moringa will open fire on your ships." Said the demanding Major.

"Major, i am also picking up another vessel in Eden Prime orbit. It's landing shuttles, sir." Said the Lieutenant.

The Major sighed.

"Send a message to the 97th Marine Division down on Eden Prime. Tell them unknown hostiles have entered Eden Prime airspace. Tell them to arrest all of them. Send another message to Third Fleet Command, tell them the situation." Said the Major.

"Aye, Major." Said the Lieutenant worryingly.

Within a span of 14 seconds, two messages were sent out. One to the Marines stationed on Eden Prime and another to the SSV Makalu, the Third Fleet Dreadnought Command Ship.
Last edited by The Systems Alliance of Earth on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 am

Vektor, Maddox, and two other Argonians had wedged their scaly behinds in the lightly-armed scout buggy, and had been having a grand old time catching what little air they could over the rolling hills. That was, at least, until something flew over head and started loosing energy rounds at them...

"Evade, dammit! Maddox, return fire!"

From his position behind the wheel, Vektor jerked the buggy in an erratic pattern to avoid the orange-ish bolts of death raining down on them. Maddox swung the multi-laser around and began to return fire as best he could. While designed more for dealing with infantry and light vehicles, the multi-laser would chew through armor in due time. In the commander's chair was the other scout, Selous Vrash, barking orders to Vektor as he jinked the little buggy left and right as blackened craters appeared where they had once been...

"We can't keep this up forever. Maddox! Think you can bring it down?"

The gunner triggered another burst of las-fire at the vessel, as was rewarded with a flash of energy as the beams struck...

"Eventually, maybe. The frakker's got shields!"

Their own buggy was without such protective measures, and truthfully lacked anything close to armor. Vektor put the pedal down and attempted to gain some distance. It was rather heavily armed for a scout vehicle, however. The commander's seat had a forward-mounted heavy bolter on hand for suppressive fire, and their final passenger, a silent and stone-faced Guard veteran named Marduk, had brought his grenade-launcher along for the ride. Granted, the Systems Alliance planetary defense forces wouldn't be happy at all if they found out what manner of hardware the buggy and its occupants were toting, but that was the least of their concerns right now.

The well-armed and shielded assault shuttle bearing down on them was a much bigger issue, and Marduk decided he'd attempt to angle a grenade or two in their direction. The 'whump!' of the first round nearly made Selous jump out of his skin, thinking they'd been hit with something worse than the energy cannons the shuttle was bearing down on them with, but after the second shot left the launcher's short barrel he felt a bit more at ease. Marduk didn't have a snowball's chance in the Nine Hells to hit the damn shuttle with a grenade, but it did discourage closer pursuit...

Atlantica
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantica » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 am

A.C.S. Eagle Eye
The edge of the Milky Way Galaxy

Nine ships: the A.C.S. Eagle Eye (Flagship), a Kronos-Class Battleship; two Zeus-Class Heavy Cruisers; two Poseidon-Class Battlecruisers, two Hades-Class Cruisers and a massive Landing Space Platform Ship (something like those LPH vessels); were cruising through the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy, at the time they received some unconfirmed explosion signals from Eden Prime. The seven ships were currently on escorting duty of two civilian cargo ships safely into an Atlantican colony near the Solar System... until the ships caught a signal from a distant planet, with explosions of an unconfirmed vessel.
There, in the A.C.S. Eagle Eye was Captain Mitchell Lauderdale: an experienced commander who directly oversaw the Battle in Athia of the Third Fleet and led it into a victory. At the time, he commanded a corvette: however, due to further accomplishments in destroying an Enemy Federation with his later Hades-class Cruiser, he was quickly promoted into commanding an escort fleet, which consisted of the seven ships.
Captain Lauderdale was there at the bridge at the time he caught a few unconfirmed explosions deep in space.
"What is that signal?" Captain Lauderdale asked his Intelligence Crew, Sgt. Alexander Brightling.
"I am not sure, but it is certain that it was an explosion..." Sgt. Brightling responded. "Particularly from a lightly-armed vessel."
"Have you checked if it is any of our allies' vessels?" Captain Lauderdale asked.
"I don't think they're our allies... nor our enemies, either," Sgt. Brightling answered. "We shouldn't take action so quickly."
Captain Lauderdale was just about to declare something, until the captain received a signal from one of the Zeus-Class Heavy Cruisers to the ship's right: The A.C.S. Thunderbolt. "Sir," the voice of the captain - Second Captain Julian Chandler, was heard from the inter-ship communication system. "I also caught some signals of crashing and some ground combat as well, from the search devices."
Captain Lauderdale thought about this for a while. He looked at the up-to-the-second statistics of the escort fleet: 25,000 fully-armed marines throughout the shuttles, about eighty 'Taurus' Main Battle Tanks, 120 Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFV), and many more vehicles from the Marines and the Army. Furthermore, Captain Lauderdale saw his escort fleet: since the fleet didn't consist of dreadnoughts, it would be appropriate and swift in maneuvers and movements.
Finally, Captain Lauderdale made a decision: the escort fleet would go there, demonstrating the military power of Atlantica.
However, before he departed, he had to manage how the ships would be escorted. For that, Captain Lauderdale made a quick decision: the escort fleet would escort these ships to the nearest Atlantican colony: Proxima Centauri Station, then quickly drive through space to Eden Prime.
As Captain Lauderdale's escort fleet successfully brought the ships to safety, Captain Lauderdale commanded, "All ships shall depart to Eden Prime. Repeat, All ships shall depart to Eden Prime!"
And the warp drive opened, successfully giving way to Faster-Than-Light Engines. Then, with a sudden flash of light, the entire fleet went through the warp drive.
As Captain Lauderdale oversaw the warp drive, he said, "Let Operation Eden Down begin."
Proudly a Member of the International Northwestern Union

MT, PMT: The Greater Eastern Union of Zhenia
FT: The Continuum of Atlantica

zeusdefense.com
kronosinc.com

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 am

"Major, a large fleet just jumped out of hyperspace!" Said the Lieutenant with alarms going off from the V.I's panicking systems.

"Who are they?" Said the Major.

"Unknowns again, sir. But these guys aren't just pirates. These guys are well equipped. Orders?" Said the Lieutenant turning back to hear the orders about to be given.

"Damnit! Alright, put me through to those shi-"

Before the Major could finish his order, the SSV Makalu, a Dreadnought and Command vessel for the entire Third Fleet jumped out of Hyperspace right next to the Moringa with 1 Stockholm-Class Cruisers and 5 Atlantic-Class Destroyers.

"SSV Moringa, this is Admiral Keith, i am taking jurisdiction over this planet. Form up on this force. The brass at Arcturus want this place investigated. This is no longer a minor incident.

As the fleet moved inward towards the mess of ships cluttering Eden Prime space, the SSV Makalu transmitted a message to all the new ships that just jumped out.

"Attention, all newly arrived vessels in your fleet. This is Admiral Keith of the dreadnought SSV Makalu, command vessel of the Third Fleet. You are not registered in any Alliance fleet database. State your business. If your business is to recover what ever is on the planet, like these other idiots, prepare to be fired upon."
Last edited by The Systems Alliance of Earth on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Atlantica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantica » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:43 pm

The A.C.S. Eagle Eye

"Sir, we are receiving a transmission near the explosion," a communications marine said to Captain Lauderdale.
"Yes, and what is that transmission about?" Captain Lauderdale inquired. "If it is from them, then it's gotta be important."
"Here it goes," said the communication marine, as he connected the fleet-wide transmitters, the speakers and additional equipment into the data transmitter.
The transmission was,

"Attention, all newly arrived vessels in your fleet. This is Admiral Keith of the dreadnought SSV Makalu, command vessel of the Third Fleet. You are not registered in any Alliance fleet database. State your business. If your business is to recover what ever is on the planet, like these other idiots, prepare to be fired upon."

After hearing the transmission, Captain Lauderdale was oblivious. Those guys got an entire fleet, along with a dreadnought. Pretty much all they got was only nine ships, which may/may not be useful against the dreadnoughts.
Captain Lauderdale knew that he could call for the Fifty-Sixth Fleet, which was stationed not very far from here. However, even if the Fifth-Sixth Fleet opened their warp drives and arrived her as soon as possible, the nine ships would already be destroyed by then.
"Commander," the First Lieutenant, Chris Matthews, said. "We need to answer them."
"Right," Captain Lauderdale said, slightly annoyed. The fleet could've bravely fought against them, but even for a small nation, fleets that have dreadnoughts were still powerful. Fighting them, who had an entire fleet with them, with only nine ships and several thousand marines was pretty much useless, unless...
No, Captain Lauderdale thought to himself. He cannot gamble with the lives of his soldiers and the ships.
"Fine... I'll answer them, for the safety of the fleet," Captain Lauderdale said. The Soldiers, even First Lieutenant Chris Matthews was silent.
Captain Lauderdale accessed the transmitter. Then, he spoke,

Attention, the Third Fleet of The Systems Alliance of Earth, this is the 86th Escort Fleet, under the service of the Atlantican Navy! We come with peaceful intentions, and would like to help you. Furthermore, using this position, I would like to notify your fleet that we do NOT intend to destroy or even harm your planet, Eden Prime, or whatever that's called.

zeusdefense.com
kronosinc.com

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:12 pm

The message came out clearly from the speakers all over the bridge, and every word was understood.

The Admiral stood looking at the ships, pondering the truthfulness of this statement or not.

He could order the fleet to open fire and destroy all ships in orbit fairly quickly, but the sound of "86th Escort Fleet" could bring the possibility that a larger navy hid behind this small group, and upon hearing the destruction of one of their fleets, could bring a large war. A war the Alliance would not like.

The Admiral decided to use peace as the weapon.

"Send a message back, Flight Lieutenant." Said the Admiral.

"Aye aye, sir. The comm is open." Said the Lieutenant while pressing a big yellow button and a quiet beep following.

"86th Escort Fleet, we do not wish to open fire on your vessels, but as you can see, we already have some pirates landing on our planet. The involvement of your ships could compli-.." The Admiral paused for a minute.

The Admiral's thoughts became clear. The Arcturus brass wanted this problem resolved. So he made a choice.

"86th Escort Fleet. We accept your help. Keep your position. If necessary we will call your vessels for aid on the ground or in space, but for now, please standby. Admiral Keith out."

The virtual comm terminal in front of the Admiral beeped out and vanished.

"Message is away, Admiral." Said the Lieutenant.

"Commander Haski!" Ordered the Admiral.

The Commander, who was at the other end of the bridge quickly walked over to the Admiral's side.

"Yes, Admiral?" Said the Commander while quickly standing at attention and saluting.

"Get Arcturus Command on the phone. Tell them we have run into another fleet. The exact number strength of the entire organization they belong to is unknown but they want to help. We have temporarily agreed to keep them in Eden Prime space until the pirate issue is done. Relay this message." Said the Admiral.

"Aye, Admiral." Said the Commander before saluting again and walking off towards the War Room of the Dreadnought.

Eden Prime Ground

The Marines of the 97th Marine Division heard the message and the coordinates were confirmed. 6 squads of 5 in 6 Kodiak shuttles were already enroute to the crash site. Their primary mission: Detain the smugglers and any others illegally on this planet, and to use any force necessary to bring them to justice. Their secondary mission: Secure the cargo of the unidentified ships and transport it back to 97th Marine Command until this matter can be resolved.
Last edited by The Systems Alliance of Earth on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 am

The Systems Alliance of Earth wrote:"If you want me to accept these conditions, tell your men to hand over their weapons." Said the Captain.

A faint ring sound could be heard from the Captain's ear and he instinctively raised his left hand to his ear.

"Status report, Lieutenant?" Said the Captain.

A few seconds of silence took the field.

"Alright, Lieutenant. Follow the Major's orders for now. Dekore out." Said the Captain.

"It seems you brought friends? There are two ships waiting right outside Eden Prime." Said the Captain.

Bairns looked ready to start a shootout at the mention of disarming, but Yana put a very firm hard on his shoulder and fixed his eyes with hers. Whatever was going to happen, she didn't intend on dying because this human felt like making a stand on convictions.

"Look, captain? We should be able to work something out here. We're all reasonable...beings." Yana took a hesitant step forward, arms out and palms up. If they couldn't talk their way out of this mess, maybe they could get patched up to someone who'd be willing to listen to monetary persuasion.

"In orbit? No, no, we're all down here," the Twilek countered quickly. "If it's who I think it is, they are very distinctly bad news. In fact they're the 'spawn who put us in this lovely little position in the first place." If they could get these Alliance types to deal with Trok, then that was one big issue they could move to the "Taken Care Of" box.

Wandering Argonians wrote:From his position behind the wheel, Vektor jerked the buggy in an erratic pattern to avoid the orange-ish bolts of death raining down on them. Maddox swung the multi-laser around and began to return fire as best he could. While designed more for dealing with infantry and light vehicles, the multi-laser would chew through armor in due time. In the commander's chair was the other scout, Selous Vrash, barking orders to Vektor as he jinked the little buggy left and right as blackened craters appeared where they had once been...

The multi-laser's fire splashed against the lead shuttle's shields once, twice, and on the third try the energy rounds encountered no resistance and chewed through the armor plating. The shuttle's co-pilot was vaporized before he even knew what hit him and the shuttle lurched violently as the pilot struggled to fly a two-person craft solo while nursing a burned arm.

The second shuttle pulled back and up, keeping itself safer but farther from its intended targets. The blaster cannons continued to fire, sporadically, but most of the shuttle's power went into its engines. With a whine of a higher pitch than the cruising speed had generated, the shuttle jumped ahead and began to blast full-power for the crash site.

A few minutes later the wounded shuttle met the ground, the fireball and explosion rapidly disappearing over the horizon as the two parties raced for the cargo hold.

The Systems Alliance of Earth wrote:The Marines of the 97th Marine Division heard the message and the coordinates were confirmed. 6 squads of 5 in 6 Kodiak shuttles were already enroute to the crash site. Their primary mission: Detain the smugglers and any others illegally on this planet, and to use any force necessary to bring them to justice. Their secondary mission: Secure the cargo of the unidentified ships and transport it back to 97th Marine Command until this matter can be resolved.

Drake Logan and his party had just made it within sight of the twisted and ruined cargo hold, and had rushed the rest of the way to check out the contents. Most of the gems were intact, the spice had either burned up or dissipated into the local atmosphere. It was better than anyone had been expecting.

And then the Alliance shuttles started coming in, and Logan didn't like their body language. "Okay, we play this cool." He told the other smugglers. "We play this straight. We're from the crash, this is our cargo. Got it?"

Logan rushed out into the open and began waving his hands at the shuttles, jumping up and down in the manner of someone trying to deliberately signal the shuttles. The Duro picked up on the idea and moved to follow and imitate him, and soon the whole party was acting like, well, shipwrecked sailors.

The Systems Alliance of Earth wrote:"This is Alliance Territory. There are Alliance colonists on this planet and i will not have them put in danger by a couple of dirty, rotten thugs looking for cash. I don't care what you're orders were or who they were from. They do not apply in Alliance space. You have 2 minutes to recall your shuttles and kindly escort yourselves off of Alliance territory. If you do not comply with this, the SSV Moringa will open fire on your ships." Said the demanding Major.

Trok practically hissed at the screen, baring his teeth with a left-over predatory instinct evolution hadn't gotten around to removing. But even a pirate lord can meet his match, and with all of these new arrivals he was feeling distinctly out-gunned.

"We shall depart, human. But I am in the service of powerful beings, and rest assured that your superiors will be informed of your disrespectful behavior."

The two corvettes turned, almost pretentiously, and moments later they were away into hyperspace.

Oogium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:28 am

Halik'Thar
Khl'hadir System
Sh'rrk'lil Sector
Observation Post 17112

Halik'Thar was a bleak desert world. It harbored a few aeai mining robot platforms, a few small solar farms, and Observation Post 17112, which was unusually large, coming with a tiny military base. It was one of the bleakest, most isolated planets in the Oogish Empire, with scorching temperatures and almost no water. There were only a few primitive, hardy life forms that braved its rocky crags and seas of sand.

It was not considered a compliment to be sent there. Usually it was just unlucky new recruits, occasionally an officer who had irritated his superiors in a big way. People were only stationed there for a few months, it would take a serious offense indeed to be stationed there for more than that. Those who were sent there just tried to slog through it and grind their time out- what else could they do? They were at the furthest fringe of the Empire, on a sun-blasted desert world, with nothing even to watch in the telescope: not even vassal states, certainly no Lemuri, not even Y'g'tak tribes. The space they abutted on was fairly sparsely populated by stars, with a few small, uninteresting nebulae.

It was mind-numbingly boring work.

Thus, it came as a great surprise to Commander Ath'yt Fxklramn when Lieutenant Sd'dar Al'thylkrt reported to her that the sensor arrays had picked up over a dozen ships, milling around a system that had a Garden World.

In fact, she actually fainted, but that was mostly because she had been on a skimmer, outside, checking on a mining platform that might have had a reactor leak, and had not drunk enough water. The Lieutenant left, and came back with a bucket of ice water, which he proceeded to pour on the unconscious Commander.

She woke up.
A message was immediately sent to COLMIN and NAVCOM, and as the once-a-month cruiser that stopped in wasn't here yet, they had to use the emergency gravity telescope. 15 hours later, four cruisers (Silver Lotus, Arctic Frost, Shimmering Reef, and Shining Blade), and a battlecruiser (Regret), had assembled over Halik'Thar. Observation Post 17112 sent them every snippet of information it had, and the five ships departed into slipspace.
The crew of Observation Post 17112 proceeded to continue with their lives.

On board the battlecruiser IOS Regret, Commander Sy'tyr Nshlkram looked over the readings. Their flight time was about 17 hours, and when they got into the system, the sensitive instruments of the observatory indicated there might be some fighting. Sy'tyr immediately signaled his four captains to have shields up and weapons hot when they arrived. Then he watched out of the dimmed bridge window as the quantum zombies and hyperspatial plasma flowed past.

17 Hours later

The Oogish squadron came out of slipspace like whales breaching from the sea. Exotic particles spewed into real space, dissolving as they realized the laws of physics prohibited their existence. Quantum zombies fell apart in a shower of photons as the information that made up their bodies disintegrated. And the massive Oogish ships emerged from glowing portals, shaking plasma off like water pouring from a surfacing submarine. The cruisers came first. At 1.9 kilometers long, these indigo monoliths swept majestically into the system, shields overlaying them in a filmy cerulean. Then the Regret emerged. Her 3-kilometer bulk dwarfed the four cruisers, but she too was a dark indigo, with her shields laying like a film of algae bloom over top of it. The five ships turned ponderously towards the inner system, sensors perked up for more data.
My entire nation is being revamped, which gives me more room for

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Just try and find a seat without getting your bollocks stuck in a light socket.

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Mom! I found a space krill! Can we keep it? Pleeeaaase?

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Oogium wrote:Halik'Thar
Khl'hadir System
Sh'rrk'lil Sector
Observation Post 17112

Halik'Thar was a bleak desert world. It harbored a few aeai mining robot platforms, a few small solar farms, and Observation Post 17112, which was unusually large, coming with a tiny military base. It was one of the bleakest, most isolated planets in the Oogish Empire, with scorching temperatures and almost no water. There were only a few primitive, hardy life forms that braved its rocky crags and seas of sand.

It was not considered a compliment to be sent there. Usually it was just unlucky new recruits, occasionally an officer who had irritated his superiors in a big way. People were only stationed there for a few months, it would take a serious offense indeed to be stationed there for more than that. Those who were sent there just tried to slog through it and grind their time out- what else could they do? They were at the furthest fringe of the Empire, on a sun-blasted desert world, with nothing even to watch in the telescope: not even vassal states, certainly no Lemuri, not even Y'g'tak tribes. The space they abutted on was fairly sparsely populated by stars, with a few small, uninteresting nebulae.

It was mind-numbingly boring work.

Thus, it came as a great surprise to Commander Ath'yt Fxklramn when Lieutenant Sd'dar Al'thylkrt reported to her that the sensor arrays had picked up over a dozen ships, milling around a system that had a Garden World.

In fact, she actually fainted, but that was mostly because she had been on a skimmer, outside, checking on a mining platform that might have had a reactor leak, and had not drunk enough water. The Lieutenant left, and came back with a bucket of ice water, which he proceeded to pour on the unconscious Commander.

She woke up.
A message was immediately sent to COLMIN and NAVCOM, and as the once-a-month cruiser that stopped in wasn't here yet, they had to use the emergency gravity telescope. 15 hours later, four cruisers (Silver Lotus, Arctic Frost, Shimmering Reef, and Shining Blade), and a battlecruiser (Regret), had assembled over Halik'Thar. Observation Post 17112 sent them every snippet of information it had, and the five ships departed into slipspace.
The crew of Observation Post 17112 proceeded to continue with their lives.

On board the battlecruiser IOS Regret, Commander Sy'tyr Nshlkram looked over the readings. Their flight time was about 17 hours, and when they got into the system, the sensitive instruments of the observatory indicated there might be some fighting. Sy'tyr immediately signaled his four captains to have shields up and weapons hot when they arrived. Then he watched out of the dimmed bridge window as the quantum zombies and hyperspatial plasma flowed past.

17 Hours later

The Oogish squadron came out of slipspace like whales breaching from the sea. Exotic particles spewed into real space, dissolving as they realized the laws of physics prohibited their existence. Quantum zombies fell apart in a shower of photons as the information that made up their bodies disintegrated. And the massive Oogish ships emerged from glowing portals, shaking plasma off like water pouring from a surfacing submarine. The cruisers came first. At 1.9 kilometers long, these indigo monoliths swept majestically into the system, shields overlaying them in a filmy cerulean. Then the Regret emerged. Her 3-kilometer bulk dwarfed the four cruisers, but she too was a dark indigo, with her shields laying like a film of algae bloom over top of it. The five ships turned ponderously towards the inner system, sensors perked up for more data.

By the way things are going, i'm pretty sure this thing would be resolved within 17 hours in RP time.

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 pm

Maddox blinked in surprise as his shots finally struck something important. The shuttle seemed to have taken a mortal blow...

"Selous! I uh, I think I killed it!"

The mercenary's suspicions were confirmed as the ship began the slow nose-dive into the plains of Eden Prime a good few klicks away. The other, however, broke off its attack run with a parting salvo of blaster-fire and kicked more power to its engines to speed off ahead of them. Maddox swung the multi-laser around again, emboldened by his sudden and surprising victory, but the ship was far out of range. Marduk busied himself with stuffing a few more grenades into his launcher to replace the two that had expended themselves harmlessly in mid-air.

Selous, however, was smacking Vektor in the back of the head, urging him to go faster. They might get there in time if the shuttle had issues getting the cargo container open. They had the 'key', so to speak. Maddox, aside from his apparent skill with heavy weapons, had also been trained as a combat engineer during his time with the Guard, and was quite adept at breaching armored objects, particularly those with valuable things inside. It was a trait that had nearly gotten him summarily executed on one occasion, but it was a valued skill in his current line of work none-the-less.

The buggy had a lot more ground to cover than the shuttle, and the sturdy little vehicle rolled on, albeit scorched on a few sides from near-miss blaster-cannon fire. The tires were holding, at least for now. The vehicle had a cargo area fit for a decent amount of salvage, or could be adapted to carry three or four cramped human-size passengers. While intended more as a military reconnaissance vehicle, the small merc crew had found that it worked pretty well for a number of things. Salvage ops weren't a normal line of work, but they just typically grabbed anything shiny they came across in hopes that it had some sort of value to someone. The sensor tag assigned to this particular vessel marked it as a yacht of some sort, and that usually meant there were valuables on-board.

Vektor pulled the buggy to a halt just short of the crash-site, where the other shuttle was circling. There were some crew-members down near the cargo container, waving their arms like ship-wrecked wretches, which after Vektor thought about it for a moment, he guessed they were...

"Maddox! You got a clear field of fire on that bastard?"

The demolitions expert kept switching his point of aim between the engines and the cockpit, unsure of where to place his shots. He wanted to down another shuttle, and add it to his tally, but he didn't want to drop it on top of the cargo or the surviving crew. On the other hand, his shots weren't powerful enough to drop it quickly, and he'd gotten quite lucky with the first one. Between Vektor's driving and his gunnery skills, they'd somehow not been blown to bits. They didn't have as much open terrain here to dodge blaster-fire, so he needed to down it quickly.

He was debating with himself in a hushed tone until Selous punched him in the leg from his commander's seat...

"They have to land to get the cargo out. Let's wait until they land the shuttle, and power down the shields. Frakkin' multi-laser is made for infantry work, and Marduk's got a grenade launcher..."

"What about the crew? Aren't they going to get killed?"

"If they have any sense they're armed, if not, there's no helping them til that bastard lands. Take us down around the base of this hill..."

The buggy nosed its way down the hill, putting the natural mound of grass-covered earth between it and the powerful weapons of the assault shuttle. Selous and Marduk dismounted, the scout yanking his las-carbine from the rack next to his commander's seat and checking the power cell out of habit. Slowly, the two of them crawled up the hill, careful not to silhouette themselves along the crest, and established an impromptu observation post, staying in touch with the others through comm-beads they'd stuffed in their ears to make communication in the open-cabin buggy a bit easier during the ride...

Atlantica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantica » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:37 am

A.C.S. Eagle Eye

"Sir," Second Lieutenant Chris Matthews said to Captain Lauderdale. "Our probe satellites have noticed several movements of some pirates in the surface, preferably those who were riding the buggy and were armed with lasers and stuff."
"Pirates?" Captain Mitchell Lauderdale inquired.
"Yes, sir," Second Lieutenant Matthews said, showing him an Electronic Tablet that connected to one of the probe satellites. "Take a look here."
The tablet screen started to show the terrain of Eden Prime from above: clearly, Captain Lauderdale can see the massive rocky terrain, the seldom trees and many more features in the terrain. Then, when Second Lieutenant Matthews zoomed into something that looked like a small dot in the terrain from a far distance... it revealed a small ground vehicle - a buggy - that was the center of some rays of red light.
"What does this mean?" Captain Lauderdale asked.
"This shows us their actions instantly, up to the second," Second Lieutenant explained. "From this, we can infer that these damned pirates are equipped with at least multi lasers. Other weapons remain unconfirmed to us..."
Captain Lauderdale examined the buggy. "If this is only their beginning, then they would be incredibly powerful, possibly a threat to Atlantica and Universal Peace. Furthermore, these guys are pirates: they can pose a continuous threat to the Atlantican Merchant Navy and our civilian ships... according to what our Grand Hegemon had declared, the duty of the Navy is to protect the Atlantican citizens in the seas and in space at all costs."
"So... are you going to take action?"
"Yes, exactly," Captain Lauderdale walked to the bridge and shouted into the Fleet Communication System, "Soldiers! To battle positions!"
Immediately, the soldiers moved to battle: the Marines in the Escort Fleet began to enter the Fast Transport Shuttles, which would take them toward the surface of the planet along with the ground vehicles, in order to bust the pirates off their ground. Some of the soldiers began to move into their assigned positions within the ship - controlling the gunfire, controlling aircraft (these Space Gunships/VTOLs) and other things.
Within a minute, the entire fleet was now ready to battle. Looking at his fellow fleet, Captain Lauderdale had to admit: even then, he knew that a war was approaching.

zeusdefense.com
kronosinc.com

Atlantica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantica » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:50 am

At the edge of space...
A.C.S. White Eagle

Twenty-one ships of the Atlantican Navy: one Godkiller-Class Grand Battleship (AKA the A.C.S. White Eagle), one Atlantis-Class Carrier, two Kronos-Class Battleships, three Zeus-Class Heavy Cruisers, four Poseidon-Class Battlecruisers, four Hades-Class Cruisers and six Athena-Class Destroyers - all led by the Flagship A.C.S. White Eagle - race toward empty, unconfirmed space that has not been covered by the Atlantican Navy. Together, the twenty-one ships form the 78th Assault Tracker Fleet.
The 78th Assault Tracker Fleet, nicknamed the 'Doombringer', raced into unconfirmed space - twenty-one ships cruising through space in about eighty times faster than the speed of light. Led by the legendary Admiral Martin Hawthorne, the 78th Assault Tracker Fleet was a branch of the Second Fleet, assigned to track down and destroy various targets, ranging from a swarm of pirate ships to an entire well-armed fleet.
They were originally supposed to become one of the forces that defended Atlantica's colony at the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy: however, due to orders from Valkyrie Prime that they had to participate in the attack against the pirates, the 78th Assault Tracker Fleet was now assigned to take down and destroy the pirates that have invaded Eden Prime.

Aboard the A.C.S. White Eagle, Admiral Martin Hawthorne tried to make a connection with Captain Mitchell Lauderdale, the leader of the 86th Escort Fleet, which was also under the Second Fleet. Admiral Martin Hawthorne's system connected onto that of the A.C.S. Eagle Eye, the ship of Captain Lauderdale.
When the screen showed that the connection was on, Admiral Hawthorne said,

Captain Mitchell Lauderdale, we are now approaching the 86th Escort Fleet to assist your mission to bring back justice against the vile pirates upon Eden Prime, assisting some of our allies. We believe that you have cleared access for our fleet, without any attacks from the System Alliances of Earth.

Immediately, the server said that the message was sent. About ten seconds later, the voice of Captain Lauderdale was heard upon the A.C.S. White Eagle:

The positions have been cleared, Admiral Hawthorne. I really appreciate your effort on joining us in this fight. Now, as the Official Governmental Commands state, we will now rename the combined fleet as the 'Maelstrom' Assault Fleet.

Admiral Hawthorne said, "Now I am the commander of thirty ships... and an entire assault fleet that is supposed to either start a horrifying war against pirates and a powerful nation, or stop the pirates and intruders from messing more things up."
Admiral Hawthorne stared at the Interstellar Anti-Target Radar System: a new radar system that had been installed to all ships within the Atlantican Navy. On the radar screen, Admiral Hawthorne noticed nine blue dots ahead... about a billion miles away. That was the 86th Escort Fleet: an escort fleet that would later form the formidable 'Maelstrom' Assault Fleet.
"The war would begin soon," Admiral Hawthorne said, as the fleet's warp drives were on. "We gotta enter the battlefields earlier to get the upper hand."

zeusdefense.com
kronosinc.com

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:25 am

Eden Prime Surface, onboard Shuttle 03

The marine shuttles began landing. 2 landed right where the Captain's squad was while the other 3 began searching for other hostiles such as the Argonians as they call themselves. As the Marines exited their shuttles they did not give the unknowns any sort of kind treatment. If the unknowns resisted, they died.

"Sergeant, we are getting reports that the argonians just shot down one of our shuttles, sir." Said the Corporal flying the shuttle.

"Oh did they?" Said the Sergeant with 2 other Marines.

"Did that shuttle activate barriers?"

"From what i'm reading....no, sir. They didn't." Said the Corporal.

"Goddamn rookies. Alright, let's go get these bastards. And Corporal, Barriers up!" Said the Sergeant.

"Roger, sir." Said the Corporal while pressing a sequence of buttons.

On the outside of the shuttle, a blue tint enveloped the shuttle, meaning that the high strength barrier technology was indeed active.

Eden Prime Orbit
"Sir, the Scout Fleet is arming up, apparently." Said the Flight Lieutenant of the Makalu.

"What the hell...get me a comm line over there." Said the Admiral.

"Aye aye." Said the Lieutenant.

The big yellow screen popped up in front of the Admiral, signalling that the comm line was ready.

Code: Select all
"This is Admiral Keith Torres of the SSV Makalu. As our...alliance is new, i do say on behalf of the Alliance to not launch troops to Eden Prime. Our Marines on the surface are handling it. And we heard that the argonians shot down one of our shuttles. Please repay them in full, hopefully directed towards their corvettes. Thank you. Admiral Torres out."
Last edited by The Systems Alliance of Earth on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Captain Kerrich, lone Argonian ship-captain on Eden Prime and commanding officer of the rouge trading vessel 'Torpedo Blues', keyed up his salvage crew as the Alliance dock-workers began to shoot him some rather odd looks...

"Maddox... Come in..."

The gunner took a pause from his scanning to answer his comm-bead...

"Aye, captain..."

"How's the op going? You did kill any friendlies, did you?"

Maddox made a quick double-check of the smoldering remains in his field of fire and shook his head, not that did him much good as his commanding officer was a good fifty kilometers away...

"Negative, captain. Got lucky and downed one pirate shuttle, ugly frakker. Looked like a flying clam..."

After hearing this news, Kerrich began to return the odd looks the dock-workers were shooting his way...

"You're sure it didn't match the profile of a Kodiak?"

The gunner seemed a bit puzzled, but responded truthfully...

"Nah, those are boxy and fly Alliance colors. This thing was all curves. Anyway, it shot first. Self-defense and all that. Besides, we're here on a trading run. What's wrong?"

Kerrich fished the hard-copy trade permits out of his cargo pocket, giving them the once-over just to be sure...

"That's what I thought. At least, that's what the permits say. Anyway, I get the feeling there might be some friendlies with the wrong idea headed your way. Try not to kill any of them. It'll make getting back to the 'Blues' that much harder. Kolto's reporting that he might have to take her out a bit, there's a ton of activity up there. What's the status on that cargo?"

Maddox wasn't in any position to respond, and any sudden motions by the observation team might give away their position...

"No clue, boss. Selous had us park and pull OP duty, waiting on the bad guys to land so we stand a better chance..."

Kerrich nodded to himself. Selous was a scout par-excel-lance, and he knew what he was doing. Typically he handled things on the ground, and his first officer, Ravvik Kolto, kept things on the ship running smoothly so Kerrich himself could focus on interesting ports of call and hammering out the finer details of trade deals, like their little deal on Eden Prime, trading some goods from the home planet for some currency and more edible food-stuffs. Finally, Kerrich had had enough of the stares. He spread his arms wide, trade permits in his right hand..

"THE LIZARDS AREN'T SHOOTING AT YOU! I HAVE PERMITS TO TRADE HERE! CAN YOU NOT READ?"

His shouted response got more than a few more odd looks in return from the human dock-workers, but most looked away sharply. There would be Nine Hells to pay if one of his people got hurt without a justifiable reason, and thus far, there wasn't one. Hells, they'd downed an enemy vessel. People usually had to pay for this sort of help. While plundering ancient anthropology-worthy locations wasn't the most honest of jobs, his crew wasn't interested in piracy. Too much trouble without justifiable reward. Better to take things from folks long dead, at least they didn't come back and try to kill you. Well, most of the time. There was that one operation of Grastavia III...

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Systems Alliance of Earth » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Eden Prime Surface, Shuttle 03

Shuttle 03 was on approach to the location of the downed shuttle. The team inside was getting anxious. They hoped the people responsible would be at the crash site, so they could rain fiery death upon them from the Kodiak's door.

"Sergeant David, we're 3 mikes away from the crash site. Picking up some weird signatures from the shuttle, though." Said the Corporal.

"What kind of signatures?" Said the Sergeant while behind the Corporal, looking down at the yellow lighted radar screen with one single red, blinking dot.

"They aren't registering on Kodiak's V.I. Usually a crashed Kodiak would be accepted, but this isn't picking it up. It might be completely totaled or it's not Alliance." Said the Corporal with a concerned pitch to his voice.

The Sergeant began wiping sweat from his head. Not from the heat of the shuttle, but from the heat of nervousness.

"Jesus. Who told us about the report of it being Alliance?" Said the Sergeant with a bit of impatience.

"Uhh....it was passed down from EPMC (Eden Prime Marine Command) to this Shuttle." Said the Corporal.

The Sergeant looked down and shook his head. After a few seconds of this same motion, he quietly slipped on his combat helmet.

"I swear, if i get strapped with tons of paperwork because of a false...just, get us down to that shuttle." Said the Sergeant with a slight mechanized voice as he walked back to the two Marines.

"What's the word, Sergeant?" Said Private Gyllenhall.

"There's a big chance that this crashed shuttle is not Alliance, like Command said it was. Either way, we were given orders to check it out and secure the crashsite, and that's what we are going to do, Marines. Helmets on and weapons check, we hit ground in 1 mike!" Said the Sergeant as he pulled back the cocking mechanism for his M-23 Katana shotgun.

Both Marines, seeming somewhat disappointed as common sense told them that there was to be no action on this mission, slowly pulled on their helmets and secured them.
Last edited by The Systems Alliance of Earth on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Atlantica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantica » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:35 pm

A.C.S. White Eagle

Admiral Martin Hawthorne oversaw the process of the ships forming the 'Maelstrom' Assault Fleet: thirty ships now in formations, with the A.C.S. White Eagle at the very center of the formation, and the Atlantis-Class Carrier, the A.C.C. Striker behind, about a mile away (that looks like it has a distance, but compared to the lengths of the ships and the size, this is appropriate for the 'Maelstrom' Assault Fleet).
Admiral Hawthorne was about to command the sending of ground troops into Eden Prime, until there was an incoming message, which everyone in the ship clearly heard. The voice of Admiral Keith Torres said,

"This is Admiral Keith Torres of the SSV Makalu. As our...alliance is new, i do say on behalf of the Alliance to not launch troops to Eden Prime. Our Marines on the surface are handling it. And we heard that the Argonians shot down one of our shuttles. Please repay them in full, hopefully directed towards their corvettes. Thank you. Admiral Torres out."

"Wow, good thing we didn't send our marines yet," Admiral Hawthorne said. "That would've been VERY dangerous for our... alliance."
Admiral Hawthorne was about to dismiss the message, until he noticed their request: instead of directly sending ground troops to Eden Prime, they wanted the 'Maelstrom' Assault Fleet to avenge the destruction of their shuttle... against the Argonian corvettes.
"That's not even a job for the famous Atlantican orbital sharpshooters," Admiral Hawthorne said. "Or we can just launch a high-precision strike against both the ships and for the troops, in order to provide the Alliance troops down there aerial support (like an AC-130 does)."
Then, Admiral Hawthorne started to activate his very own Inter-Fleet Communications System and said with confidence,

We'll see how their puny pirates turn out against the powerful Atlantican Navy and Marines. With the two of our powers together, these puny Argonians would be nothing but ashes by the end of the day.

Then, the AI Server confirmed that the message was sent instantly to Admiral Torres of The Systems Alliance of Earth.
Admiral Hawthorne turned toward the crew and Marines of the 'Maelstrom' Assault Fleet: all bold and proud, standing as the living symbol of freedom, justice and prowess of the Atlantican Navy. Now the prowess of the Atlantican Navy was put to testing again, but this time, at the ability to effectively deploy ground troops into Eden Prime.
Last edited by Atlantica on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zeusdefense.com
kronosinc.com

Astoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:24 pm

OOC:
This thread is now closed. Here is a list of participants who, barring a change in circumstances dictated by myself, will be allowed to continue posting:

Myself (duh)
Wandering Argonians
Atlantica (depending on what sort of results I see on the matters they have been contacted about)

No one else may post in this thread, and any existing posts by nations other than the ones listed above are to be ignored.

In addition, my thoughts have been sent regarding the state of this RP, but let me restate: the focus is supposed to be on the action on the ground regarding the crashed ship and my crew. Please everyone refrain from making this a massive fleet pileup. The total ship commitment before the arrival of Atlantica was two corvettes from me, one from Wandering Argonians and one Systems Alliance ship. I'd like everyone who has an orbital presence to please find ways to tone it down.

IC:
At the site of the crashed pirate shuttle
The shuttle had plowed into the dirt nose first at a bit of an angle, and as a result was about half there. The other half, the half nearest the planet when push had come to shove and the planet won, was mangled and strewn for a good distance back, a trail indicating where the craft had first met dirt and where it had finally come to a stop. Fires raged from ignited fuel and ammunition, the power converter for the starboard blaster cannon going up in a small but incredibly bright explosion as the Kodiak touched down.

Most of the crew were, unsurprisingly, dead. But with some searching, the Marines would find a lone Blood Carver, leaning against the ruins of the troop compartment. His face was covered in small cuts and scrapes, one arm was bent at a hellish-looking angle and a nasty-looking scrap of the shuttle's floor was stabbing into his abdomen.

The being saw the Marines and managed to rasp out something in a native tongue before descending into unconsciousness and shock.

At the crashed cargo hold of the Uncharted Desires
"That's not the local constabulary," the Duro said when the pirate shuttle approached them, weapons swiveling to bear as it lowered itself towards the ground. Logan was already reaching for his pistol.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

The shuttle's engines cut out and with a muffled whump it touched down. The rear ramp descended and half a dozen different alien species poured out under the cover of the renewed fire from the blaster cannons. Logan fell back on instinct, snapping his pistol into a firing positing and burning down a Klatoonian who had taken point. The Duro unslung his blaster rifle and also began to fire. One blaster cannon turned slightly and cut him down before he could empty a power pack. It was around now that Logan decided that cover might be a good idea.

It became a battle of back-and-forth; five bodies were all the pirates had to show for their initial charge and so far only the Duro had died. Logan and the others sheltered behind pieces of the strong metal hold, taking shots when they could and ducking back whenever the shuttle's cannons decided to remind their of their existence.

"So what happened to playing it cool?!" Another human shouted from across a gap in the cover. Logan sighed angrily.

"Looks like not everyone got the memo!"
Last edited by Astoria on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents