NATION

PASSWORD

Right to Life News: Statement on Lazarus Released!

Talk about nation management, regional politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
User avatar
Pro-Life
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Right to Life News: Statement on Lazarus Released!

Postby Pro-Life » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:57 pm


Established on June 1, 2011, Right to Life is the premier region for the pro-life movement on NationStates. Right to Life is a community of nations that recognizes and promotes defense of the unalienable rights of the unborn. The nations of the region, believing in prenatal equality, oppose induced abortion in all or most cases. Below are copies of Right to Life newsletters, which are published regularly by the Regional News Bureau.

Last edited by Pro-Life on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:10 am, edited 24 times in total.

User avatar
Pro-Life
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pro-Life » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:57 pm

RIGHT TO LIFE NEWSLETTER

Image

Published June 23, 2013
Regional Main Page | Offsite Regional Forums

To view a copy of this newsletter with images, click here.

On June 1, RTL celebrated the second anniversary of its establishment as a region.

Senate Elections (By Aawia)

Senate elections took place this month with almost all political parties represented as well as one independent. Elections began on June 1st, right on schedule. When the smoke had cleared and the dust had settled on June 4th, the votes rested at: three for Prussia of the Conservative Federalist Party (elected), three for the independent candidate Lordiguard (elected), three for none of the above, two for Toshmartin8 (Togo Togo) of the Morals of Liberty Party (not elected), and two for Aawia of the Conservative Federalist Party (not elected). Total voter turnout was 57 percent, with 13 out of 23 eligible voters casting ballots. There was a surprisingly high vote for none of the above, but it was excellent to see a good spread of votes. We wish all the best to Prussia and Lordiguard as they strive to improve and preserve this great region while serving in the Senate.

Controversial Repeal Proposal Passes (By Aawia)

The proposal Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act" has passed in the World Assembly, stinging the feelings of many, especially players in Right to Life. The bill understandably was viewed with suspicion by many on our forums. Right before it reached the floor, the Senate, acting in its role as the highest court in the region, issued a ruling reluctantly permitting region members to vote as they wished but encouraging them to vote against the repeal. That this bill passed the General Assembly irks many in the NationStates pro-life movement. Hopefully, it will be possible to get a more solid resolution enacted soon to reduce national abortion rates and to ensure that all women have access to the reproductive care they need.

Military Succeeds in Unexpectedly Lengthy Campaign (By Aawia)

The Right to Life Army was deployed for many days in NATO Resistance Movement. This mission against the pro-Gaddafi and pro-communist region was defined by much waiting and a touch of controversy and not much progress. Early in the campaign the Army did succumb to defenders (FRA and UDL); but, coming back from this, the Army soon retook the region and held it for the rest of the campaign. For more than a week, the Army anxiously waited to gain the right amount of influence and was elated when the hidden password finally was implemented. During the mission, the Army, at various times, received assistance from a number of players acting of their own accord, including members of Church Militant, Freedom and Justice Alliance, the Black Hawks, and the Black Riders.


Right to Life Decides Not to Join the Founderless Regions Alliance (By Aawia)

Culture of Life (Christian Democrats), the founder of Right to Life, initiated negotiations to join the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) at the request of the regional Senate. The idea was made public, and FRA diplomats joined the Right to Life forums. The idea was not initially shot down; many questions were fielded, perhaps showing some apprehension. Eventually, after the question period had ended, a private survey of region members was held; and the proposal to join the FRA was rejected by a majority. Adhering to the result of the regionwide survey, the Senate decided not to apply for FRA membership by a vote of 3 to 0. With the recent raiding activities of the Right to Life Army, which is independent from the elected government, it appears that the decision against FRA membership might have been better for the region. Not being an FRA member region has allowed our military to enjoy a period of heightened raiding activity, as seen in the article above. It remains unclear at the moment what the status of relations is between the FRA and RTL; but the parting words after RTL decided not to join the FRA were nothing but friendly.

Promotions in the Right to Life Army (By Culture of Life)

Three players have been elevated in rank for their participation in two recent missions: the mission in NATO Resistance Movement mentioned above and the earlier mission to liberate the South Pacific from its communist dictator Chairman Milo. Prussia has been promoted from captain to colonel, and Aawia and Dallas Unit 9 have been promoted from private to captain.

Right to Life is currently looking from players to help with recruiting new members to the region. If you are interested in helping Right to Life grow its population, please visit the Office of Recruitment on the Right to Life regional forums.

User avatar
PrussianEmpire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 906
Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks for the update!
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

User avatar
Vazdania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19448
Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 am

Pro-Life wrote:
RIGHT TO LIFE NEWSLETTER

(Image)

Published June 23, 2013
Regional Main Page | Offsite Regional Forums

To view a copy of this newsletter with images, click here.

On June 1, RTL celebrated the second anniversary of its establishment as a region.

Senate Elections (By Aawia)

Senate elections took place this month with almost all political parties represented as well as one independent. Elections began on June 1st, right on schedule. When the smoke had cleared and the dust had settled on June 4th, the votes rested at: three for Prussia of the Conservative Federalist Party (elected), three for the independent candidate Lordiguard (elected), three for none of the above, two for Toshmartin8 (Togo Togo) of the Morals of Liberty Party (not elected), and two for Aawia of the Conservative Federalist Party (not elected). Total voter turnout was 57 percent, with 13 out of 23 eligible voters casting ballots. There was a surprisingly high vote for none of the above, but it was excellent to see a good spread of votes. We wish all the best to Prussia and Lordiguard as they strive to improve and preserve this great region while serving in the Senate.

Controversial Repeal Proposal Passes (By Aawia)

The proposal Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act" has passed in the World Assembly, stinging the feelings of many, especially players in Right to Life. The bill understandably was viewed with suspicion by many on our forums. Right before it reached the floor, the Senate, acting in its role as the highest court in the region, issued a ruling reluctantly permitting region members to vote as they wished but encouraging them to vote against the repeal. That this bill passed the General Assembly irks many in the NationStates pro-life movement. Hopefully, it will be possible to get a more solid resolution enacted soon to reduce national abortion rates and to ensure that all women have access to the reproductive care they need.

Military Succeeds in Unexpectedly Lengthy Campaign (By Aawia)

The Right to Life Army was deployed for many days in NATO Resistance Movement. This mission against the pro-Gaddafi and pro-communist region was defined by much waiting and a touch of controversy and not much progress. Early in the campaign the Army did succumb to defenders (FRA and UDL); but, coming back from this, the Army soon retook the region and held it for the rest of the campaign. For more than a week, the Army anxiously waited to gain the right amount of influence and was elated when the hidden password finally was implemented. During the mission, the Army, at various times, received assistance from a number of players acting of their own accord, including members of Church Militant, Freedom and Justice Alliance, the Black Hawks, and the Black Riders.


Right to Life Decides Not to Join the Founderless Regions Alliance (By Aawia)

Culture of Life (Christian Democrats), the founder of Right to Life, initiated negotiations to join the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) at the request of the regional Senate. The idea was made public, and FRA diplomats joined the Right to Life forums. The idea was not initially shot down; many questions were fielded, perhaps showing some apprehension. Eventually, after the question period had ended, a private survey of region members was held; and the proposal to join the FRA was rejected by a majority. Adhering to the result of the regionwide survey, the Senate decided not to apply for FRA membership by a vote of 3 to 0. With the recent raiding activities of the Right to Life Army, which is independent from the elected government, it appears that the decision against FRA membership might have been better for the region. Not being an FRA member region has allowed our military to enjoy a period of heightened raiding activity, as seen in the article above. It remains unclear at the moment what the status of relations is between the FRA and RTL; but the parting words after RTL decided not to join the FRA were nothing but friendly.

Promotions in the Right to Life Army (By Culture of Life)

Three players have been elevated in rank for their participation in two recent missions: the mission in NATO Resistance Movement mentioned above and the earlier mission to liberate the South Pacific from its communist dictator Chairman Milo. Prussia has been promoted from captain to colonel, and Aawia and Dallas Unit 9 have been promoted from private to captain.

Right to Life is currently looking from players to help with recruiting new members to the region. If you are interested in helping Right to Life grow its population, please visit the Office of Recruitment on the Right to Life regional forums.

I'd like a copy of this newsletter sent to my telegram anytime a new one comes out....Can you make that happen?
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

User avatar
Albul
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1234
Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Albul » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:30 am

Pretty sure NATO Resistance Movement was anti-Gaddafi
Impeach Pompey. Legalize Monarchy. Assassination is Theft. Julius Caesar 44 B.C.E.
Straight 17 year old male
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
Welcome to the Internet
A specter is haunting 'Merika. It is the specter of communism.
NSG Summertime
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire
Mall should redesign

User avatar
Christian Democrats
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:47 am

Vazdania wrote:I'd like a copy of this newsletter sent to my telegram anytime a new one comes out....Can you make that happen?

Probably not. Regional updates are usually posted in this forum and in offsite forum embassies. If you were to move to Right to Life or if you were to create a new nation to put in Right to Life, you would receive periodic regionwide telegrams, including notifications that new regional newsletters had been published.

Albul wrote:Pretty sure NATO Resistance Movement was anti-Gaddafi

What makes you think that?
Last edited by Christian Democrats on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Minister
 
Posts: 3255
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:02 am

Christian Democrats wrote:
Albul wrote:Pretty sure NATO Resistance Movement was anti-Gaddafi

What makes you think that?

I'm pretty sure that NATO Resistance Movement was founded by the same person that founded The Communist Region, which Albul is a member of, so he would know to some degree, the founder's political leanings.
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!
Author of SC #137

User avatar
Christian Democrats
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:47 am

The North Polish Union wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:
What makes you think that?

I'm pretty sure that NATO Resistance Movement was founded by the same person that founded The Communist Region, which Albul is a member of, so he would know to some degree, the founder's political leanings.

NATO Resistance Movement had been flying the flag of the Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya.

Image

And the regional message board had pro-Gaddafi propaganda.

http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=2789851
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=2791444 (regional founder)
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=2992013
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
PrussianEmpire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 906
Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:45 pm

World Conference for Life
Opening on August 4th

Starting August 4th and running until August 11th, Right to Life is proudly hosting NationStates' first ever pro-life conference. Topics covered will range from promoting the pro-life cause within NationStates to discussing the possibility of setting up a permanent multiregional organization to help advance prenatal rights. Human life is invaluable; and it is up to us, as citizens of the world, to defend those who are most innocent. Unborn children, at present, are among the most vulnerable members of the human community. As children cannot protect themselves, we have a duty to protect them: to stand up for their most basic rights. Regardless of circumstance, everyone's dignity ought to be recognized; and everybody should be treated with respect. All nations and regions that are pro-life are invited and encouraged to join us. Remember that your voice and your opinions count. Together, we can work for progress toward a society liberated from abortion. Players who wish to participate independently of regions also may attend the conference. As long as the dialogue remains civil, all players, even people who are questioning their beliefs or do not yet believe in life and equality, are welcome to take part in the debates. This worldwide event will be held on Right to Life's offsite forums.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/NS_Right_to_Life/forum/3792942/

We hope to see you there!

If you have any questions or even comments about the approaching conference, please do not hesitate to post them below. We will try to answer any questions you might have as soon as we can.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

User avatar
Communist Eraser
Diplomat
 
Posts: 545
Founded: Dec 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Eraser » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Are you making a R/D and/or WA bloc?

Speak to me in Gameplayspeak
Last edited by Communist Eraser on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EASTERN EUROPE: The MELTING POT OF IDEOLOGIES
An Libertarian Socialist Peacezone. Four Principles of Peacezone Theory


User avatar
The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1547
Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:27 pm

nope
Last edited by The Dourian Embassy on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

User avatar
Christian Democrats
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:46 am

Communist Eraser wrote:Are you making a R/D and/or WA bloc?

The possibility of creating an R/D alliance will be discussed at the conference.

It is also possible that a purely diplomatic organization might be founded (no military component), mainly to facilitate interregional cultural exchange and to offer advice on regional management (setting up a government, maintaining offsite forums, and so forth).

The formation of a WA bloc is unlikely since we are focused on only one issue.

At present, eight regions have registered to be cosponsors of the conference:

  • 3 Catholic regions
  • 3 secular regions (including Right to Life)
  • 2 Protestant regions
Islamic regions were sent invitations, but none have accepted yet.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Alyekra
Minister
 
Posts: 2815
Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
Communist Eraser wrote:Are you making a R/D and/or WA bloc?

The possibility of creating an R/D alliance will be discussed at the conference.

It is also possible that a purely diplomatic organization might be founded (no military component), mainly to facilitate interregional cultural exchange and to offer advice on regional management (setting up a government, maintaining offsite forums, and so forth).

The formation of a WA bloc is unlikely since we are focused on only one issue.

At present, eight regions have registered to be cosponsors of the conference:

  • 3 Catholic regions
  • 3 secular regions (including Right to Life)
  • 2 Protestant regions
Islamic regions were sent invitations, but none have accepted yet.


What is expected from a cosponsor?
---Christian Voluntaryist---
---.-Citizen of Yggdrasil--.-
Pro:
Mark 12:31
Philosophy
Idealism*
Property Rights
Moral Objectivism
G.K. Chesterton
Anti:
Authoritarianism
Unexamined lives
Materialism*
Relativism
Postmodernism
Apathy
"Do not act as if you were going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over you.
While you live, while it is in your power, be good.
"
― Marcus Aurelius
Feel free to send me a telegram for any reason.
---
- -

User avatar
Christian Democrats
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Alyekra wrote:What is expected from a cosponsor?

1. The region must be pro-life or have a large pro-life population.

2. The region must pledge to be active at the conference.

3. The region will be allowed to advertise its community at the conference.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Pro-Life
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pro-Life » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:38 pm

RIGHT TO LIFE NEWSLETTER

Image

Published July 29, 2013
Regional Main Page | Offsite Regional Forums

To view a copy of this newsletter with images, click here.

From August 1 to August 4, Right to Life will be holding a presidential election.

Coup in Osiris; Its Leader Joins RTL Forums (By Aawia and Culture of Life)

The Right to Life Army (RTLA) recently was deployed in Osiris to help the forum government retake the region from a rogue delegate. Osiris held offsite elections, in which the sitting delegate, the Dourian Embassy, lost. Upon losing, he turned his nation over to Gatesville Inc. After a week of trying to help, the RTLA decided to pull out. In recent days, a month after the coup began, Gatesville and its allies (Usiris) reached an agreement with Osiris. The original forum government (the Kemetic Republic) soon will be restored to power.

On a related note, Durkadurkiranistan, the leader of the Osiris coup (the Usiris government), has joined the Right to Life forums. He plans to participate in the upcoming World Conference for Life (August 4-11), and we couldn't be more glad to have him despite us having been on opposite sides of the Osiris affair.

Constitutional Amendment (By Aawia)

A proposal was put forward and discussed this month to amend the Constitution. The amendment clarifies that the president is not permitted to transfer the regional delegacy to another nation or player without the approval of all senators and the founder. The idea was put forward by Aawia in response to the situation in Osiris; and, although we have a founder who could prevent a coup, the purpose of the proposal was to clear things up for the unforeseeable future. The bill wasdiscussed here and voted on here. The proposed amendment passed quickly, gaining the force of law on July 13th. The Senate has remained mostly quiet since then; however, things will hopefully pick back up after the August presidential election.

WA Buzzes with Abortion Debates (By Aawia)

A proposal to repeal the General Assembly resolution On Abortion recently failed, disappointing many in Right to Life; although, there is still hope for the NationStates pro-life movement. A well written and thought out abortion proposal (the Family Planning Initiative) has been drafted in the General Assembly. Our region, which regulates the way the president (WA delegate) votes on certain matters in the GA regarding abortion, has been discussing if the president will be constitutionally required to vote for this planned proposal (written by Krioval), which would create an international fund "to assist with [the] medical and living expenses of pregnant women, infant children, and their families based on demonstrable financial hardship."

Real World: Texas Passes Abortion Bill (By Culture of Life)

In the United States, Texas has passed a new law banning abortion after the 20th week of pregnancy, the point after which a fetus is capable of feeling pain. The law also contains two women's health provisions. The first requires that abortion clinics be held to the same minimum standards as other surgical centers, and the second requires that each abortion clinic be located within 30 miles of a hospital so that emergency care can be provided to the woman in a timely manner in the case of a botched abortion.

Between 12.5 and 22 percent of Americans obtaining abortions suffer cervical lacerations, and between 25 and 50 percent of women develop post-abortion infections. Two percent suffer major post-abortion complications, and 3 to 5 percent of women are left sterile by the procedure. A poll conducted in June shows that Americans overwhelmingly support 20-week abortion bans 59 to 30 percent. In addition, only a minority of Americans, 46 percent, now believes that abortions should be generally available, whereas 47 percent think abortion should always or generally be unlawful.

Abortion proponents say they plan to challenge the new law in court.

New Global Moderator Appointed (By Culture of Life)

Ahead of the World Conference for Life (August 4-11), in which eight regions have pledged to participate so far, the regional founder Culture of Life (Christian Democrats) has decided to appoint a new global moderator to help him and Devoted Decons police the Right to Life forums. On Sunday, July 28, Prussia became a global moderator. Prussia joined the region in 2011; and, since then, he has been one of its most active members. He currently serves as a senator and the minister of internal affairs, and he previously served as president and World Assembly delegate of the region for a record 291 days. His assistance in keeping the peace and maintaining law and order will be needed as the upcoming global conference is expected to bring a number of visitors and maybe even some unwanted guests to Right to Life's offsite board.

User avatar
PrussianEmpire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 906
Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:30 am

One of the best updates yet! Keep up the good work!
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

User avatar
Christian Democrats
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:12 pm

PrussianEmpire wrote:One of the best updates yet!

Lol. I would definitely place it in my top two.

:lol:
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Christian Democrats
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:06 am

PrussianEmpire wrote:World Conference for Life
Opening on August 4th

Starting August 4th and running until August 11th, Right to Life is proudly hosting NationStates' first ever pro-life conference. Topics covered will range from promoting the pro-life cause within NationStates to discussing the possibility of setting up a permanent multiregional organization to help advance prenatal rights. Human life is invaluable; and it is up to us, as citizens of the world, to defend those who are most innocent. Unborn children, at present, are among the most vulnerable members of the human community. As children cannot protect themselves, we have a duty to protect them: to stand up for their most basic rights. Regardless of circumstance, everyone's dignity ought to be recognized; and everybody should be treated with respect. All nations and regions that are pro-life are invited and encouraged to join us. Remember that your voice and your opinions count. Together, we can work for progress toward a society liberated from abortion. Players who wish to participate independently of regions also may attend the conference. As long as the dialogue remains civil, all players, even people who are questioning their beliefs or do not yet believe in life and equality, are welcome to take part in the debates. This worldwide event will be held on Right to Life's offsite forums.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/NS_Right_to_Life/forum/3792942/

We hope to see you there!

If you have any questions or even comments about the approaching conference, please do not hesitate to post them below. We will try to answer any questions you might have as soon as we can.

The 2013 World Conference for Life is now open. Anyone, pro-life or not, may attend.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/NS_Right_to_Life/forum/3792942/

This event is being sponsored by the following nine regions:

Church Militant
Coalition of Catholic States
Distributism
Federation of Free States
International Christian Union
League of Christian Nations
The Republic Nations
Right to Life (host region)
The Unified Christians Alliance

The Conference will be open for seven days. Please stop by. :)
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5090
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:34 am

I'm curious, what exactly are you hoping to achieve, or what goals are you hoping to attain at your Anti-Choice conference?
You throw around alliances and stuff, but is there a set plan that you're going to branch debate off of? Or is this the conference where you figure out the plan? :P
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Author of SC#74, SC #203 and SC #222 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Pharaoh of Osiris
The Grey Wardens
[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
Christian Democrats
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:03 pm

This is a figure-out-the-plan conference.

Is everybody satisfied with the status quo, or do the pro-life regions of NationStates wish to branch out somehow?

Another part of the conference is interregional cultural exchange. Think NationStates World Expo (last year) with only pro-life regions.

:p

As I have said, individuals (not regions) who are not pro-life are permitted to take part in the event (its discussions and debates).
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Solorni
Minister
 
Posts: 2495
Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Solorni » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:34 pm

If the conference is not successful, will this initiative be aborted? :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Minister
 
Posts: 3255
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:08 pm

A truly terrible pun. :p
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!
Author of SC #137

User avatar
Cormac A Stark
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1034
Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm pro-choice, personally, but I'll be attending the conference in hopes of discussing areas of common ground that we may be able to address in the WA General Assembly (e.g., family planning, coerced abortion, sex-selective or other forms of discriminatory abortion, etc.)

Best of luck with the conference and thank you, again, for your support during Osiris' recent coup.

User avatar
Christian Democrats
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 9500
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Best of luck with the conference and thank you, again, for your support during Osiris' recent coup.

Thank you for wishing us luck, and you're welcome. :)
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
Cerian Quilor
Senator
 
Posts: 3841
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:I'm pro-choice, personally, but I'll be attending the conference in hopes of discussing areas of common ground that we may be able to address in the WA General Assembly (e.g., family planning, coerced abortion, sex-selective or other forms of discriminatory abortion, etc.)

Best of luck with the conference and thank you, again, for your support during Osiris' recent coup.

:palm:
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

Next

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: North East Somerset, United States of Vietnam

Remove ads