NATION

PASSWORD

@@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ Workers Strike!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Atlantica
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

@@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ Workers Strike!

Postby Atlantica » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 pm

The Issue
Workers across the nation have gone out on indefinite strike over what they claim are substandard wages in the @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ industry.

The Debate
1. "We are the backbone of this country, and we demand a fair wage rise!" says union leader @@RANDOMNAME@@. "I don't think a 20% increase over two years is too much to ask. Unless the government forces employers to give us our due, we'll shut this whole industry down! Let's see how well @@NAME@@'s economy manages without any @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@, huh?"

2. "We pay our employees very generous wages," says employer representative @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Especially when you consider that without us, they'd be OUT ON THE STREET. Hear that, you scumbags? OUT ON THE STREET! Anyway, my point is, if you cave in, you make our entire industry uncompetitive. You can't do that in the global marketplace. It'll hurt the whole country. The best solution, economically speaking, would be to relax industrial laws and allow us to fire troublemakers on the spot."

Since I'm a Capitalist country, I would really like to pick Option Two. However, looking at my nation, I see that I have extensively large funds at Commerce (almost 50%). Does picking Option Two affect my finds at Commerce?
Also, does choosing Option Two lower civil rights or political freedoms, or increase unemployment rates? Please help...
Proudly a Member of the International Northwestern Union

MT, PMT: The Greater Eastern Union of Zhenia
FT: The Continuum of Atlantica

zeusdefense.com
kronosinc.com

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 am

Option 2 is what you are looking for here. A capitalists dream.
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

Return to Got Issues?