NATION

PASSWORD

Gama OOC [Open] Episode Two in progress

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How are we going to deal with the Ghost Ops' last man?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Camping is a legitimate strategy!
56%
LEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY-!
44%

Total votes : 9

Towers
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Towers » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:51 am

Monfrox wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:And from this failure called "not posting" I, and maybe the rest of you, have learned to post something. Post coming later tonight.

Xing and I both have some IRL stuff going on.

My enlistment processing got pushed back...again

To Froxy's continued frustration the Air Force was proving more "treacherous as the sea" the "free as a bird".
Every day until you like it.

Fear our mighty Tower-based society!

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:17 am

Monfrox wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:And from this failure called "not posting" I, and maybe the rest of you, have learned to post something. Post coming later tonight.

Xing and I both have some IRL stuff going on.

My enlistment processing got pushed back...again

Damn. Getting a taste of the "hurry up and wait" life before you're even in the military. :P
By the by, my little brother just got posted to Edmonton.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:14 pm

Here it is, sorry if it looks a bit weird, consider the first person narrative an experiment in increasing how much detail I have in my apps.
Nationstates Name: United Kingdom of Poland
Character Name: Katerina Zaitsev, but can call be by my nickname "Katyusha"
Character Age: 16
Character Image: http://safebooru.donmai.us/posts/216762 ... s_vintorez
Character Nationality: Russian
Character Skills: Bomb and trap making, hand to hand combat, wilderness survival.
Character VALK (describe it if you can't find a pic): see below
Character Short Bio (at least a paragraph): I was born and raised in the woods around the Tolyatti military base. My father Nikolai, he what you Americans would refer to as a bit of a badass. I suppose that kind of comes with the territory when your a member of a GRU Spetznaz Brigade. Him and my mother, a local doctor, were among a group of 100 or so survivors from the military base who fled into surrounding countryside when things went from bad to cataclysmic.

You have to understand one thing about me. I was raised fighting Proteus forces. Yes my mother spent time with me teaching me the basics like math and science, along with reading and writing (both in Cyrillic and English), but the majority of my time was spent with my dad and the other soldiers. At the age of four I learned every dirty trick to making IED's and other traps. Adding rat poison to increase blood loss (Coumalin, the active ingredient of rat poison, acts as an anticoagulant. It prevents your blood from clotting, leading to excessive blood loss from even minor wounds.), Using magnesium shavings from the abandoned auto plant for incendiary grenades, stuff like that. Some it... ok a lot of it... wasn't exactly in the spirit of the Geneva convention, but considering the fact that we were fighting something that was effectively the fourth Reich I highly doubt the history books will down upon us. Around this time I also learned how to shoot my dads rifle, an AS Val model 1946 silenced assault rifle. At the age of six he started teaching me Samoz, a version of the Russian martial art of Sambo designed to accommodate smaller individuals like myself.

By the age of eight I was allowed to go off and patrol. At the beginning I was paired with my dad, but as time within a year I was mostly working on my own. There, out in the field, that's were I perfected my hunting techniques. Sure there were some mistakes made, but that's to be expected when you give a kid explosives. it's also probably the best explanation for some of my fighting "habits." As my experience with bombs may have hinted, we didn't always use the most righteous tactics in our fight against Proteus. Using high tensile strength wire as an impromptu garrote or hangman's noose, intentionally wounding people in order to draw more of their comrades into the blast radius of one of my IED's, chemical weapons, it was all common place for me. Here's the thing though, it worked. By the time Gama found our group I had god knows how many infantry kills to my unofficial credit.

My group was found in July of 2074. A group of Special forces soldiers accidentally stumbled into me. Well I more or less stumbled into to them...I suppose fell on would be the most accurate term. Stupid active camo bullshit. I guess no one knew about us because the next thing I know I have four guys aiming rifle at me debating wither to take me prisoner or shoot me for being "Proteus scum." it took me five minutes and a trip to our base for them to realize I wasn't. a couple of months after we were extracted. It was there I found out I had something special about me. My blood type allowed me to receive an augmentation to pilot one of those giant robots. given the chance to keep fighting of course I jumped at it.

The past two years haven't exactly been all that well for me. See I'm not use to hanging around with people my own age, Especially ones who grew up as differently from me a humanly possible. I get it. To them I'm the weird girl who can't sleep unless she's ten feet off the ground, uses questionable tactics, and is as easily separated from her rifle as a German Shepherd is from a steak. I probably don't help things by complaining about how much downtime we have but I was use to 24/7 365 day operations. Hopefully things a different with my new team in Germany.

RP Sample (a link to one of your posts in another RP):sound familiar
Theme Song (entirely optional): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

align=center]--VALK Specs--[/align]
VALK Picture/Description: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/500884789777390441/
VALK Model Name: BBY-2500 Drioma
VALK Nickname: охотник or "hunter"
Height: 10 meters
Width: 5 meters at the shoulders
Weight: 65 metric tons
Equipment:
Weaponry:
1x 150mm cannon on the right shoulder. Ammo is either APFSDS, HEAT, or Canister rounds
2x 30mm cannons in the right arm for ant personnel use.
1x 1 meter long combat knife mounted in a scabbard on the Valks back.
Defensive: limited active camouflage(can only choose between Jungle, Desert, Arctic, Urban, and Night camouflage patterns)
Other: The Drioma is a light weight VALK designed more for hit and run attacks then a stand up fight. Sacrificing armor for speed and firepower it is capable of hitting speed close to 90 kmph but is unable to withstand more then return fire larger the 50mm cannon shells. With the exception of a few pilots it is universally hated by its crews. Katerina is one of the few pilots to have found success with it.
Last edited by United Kingdom of Poland on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:29 am

Well, Gama tied in the winner for best Horror/Thriller RP of the year, with both your's truly for best RPer of said genre.

Thanks, Vancon. It means a lot.

That said, enlistment is taking time. Xing is also still out...finding himself and whatnot. I'm not going to call this dead, but the consensus among you is that some of you, having been in from the beginning (and we love you for it), aren't satisfied with your character designs. So, instead, it looks like this will be put on hold unless otherwise stated by Xing. Dead? No. A reboot will be in the works, definitely. I've poured a lot of time and effort to just let this universe die off. It'll be back. And when it is, I'll hope we're all in a place to participate once again alongside some fresh faces. For now, we'll keep this wrapped up. Who knows, I may end up buying a copyright on this universe so I can sue Treyarch for theft of intellectual property for using about 90% of our story for Black Ops 3's Nightmare mode.

Or maybe they'll offer me a job as a writer.

One can dream.

So this is not a farewell forever. This is "until we meet again".
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:34 am

Monfrox wrote:Well, Gama tied in the winner for best Horror/Thriller RP of the year, with both your's truly for best RPer of said genre.

That said, enlistment is taking time. Xing is also still out...finding himself and whatnot. I'm not going to call this dead, but the consensus among you is that some of you, having been in from the beginning (and we love you for it), aren't satisfied with your character designs. So, instead, it looks like this will be put on hold unless otherwise stated by Xing. Dead? No. A reboot will be in the works, definitely. I've poured a lot of time and effort to just let this universe die off. It'll be back. And when it is, I'll hope we're all in a place to participate once again alongside some fresh faces. For now, we'll keep this wrapped up. Who knows, I may end up buying a copyright on this universe so I can sue Treyarch for theft of intellectual property for using about 90% of our story for Black Ops 3's Nightmare mode.

One can dream.

I'll be watching. And when everything comes together, I'll be there.

Congrats, by the way. Well deserved.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:37 am

Monfrox wrote:Well, Gama tied in the winner for best Horror/Thriller RP of the year, with both your's truly for best RPer of said genre.

One can dream.

Good luck to the both of you. I appreciate what you've all done here, seeing as this was my first real RP. I remember signing up here almost 2 years ago, with 759 posts. Nothing but improvement has come from this.

And so, the song has came to an end. The crescendo has played, and now we wait for the next overture.

Until next time, See you, Space Cowboy.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:02 am

*begins crying*

No, but seriously guys, when are we starting again...

Guys?
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:06 pm

*continues to lurk*
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:45 pm

It was great fun while it was up. I wasn't satisfied all the time with my character work, but everyone put a lot of work and love into it and we had a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next rendition of this.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Quavv
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:40 pm

The Carlisle wrote:It was great fun while it was up. I wasn't satisfied all the time with my character work, but everyone put a lot of work and love into it and we had a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next rendition of this.

It's cool to see how far this went. Glad everyone had a good time.
Join us in this awesome adventure -------------------------------> World of Gods

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Quavv wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:It was great fun while it was up. I wasn't satisfied all the time with my character work, but everyone put a lot of work and love into it and we had a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next rendition of this.

I hope that you too will be able to join us in the next installment.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Quavv wrote:

I hope that you too will be able to join us in the next installment.

I'm excited by that prospect.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Mon May 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Tag for the Tag LOLZ

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon May 30, 2016 8:47 pm

The United Equstrian Front wrote:Tag for the Tag LOLZ

a) tagging threads is spam
b) posting in threads that have been inactive for four months is gravedigging

Both are against the forum rules. I would advise against doing so in the future, if you don't want to be warned by the Moderators.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse