NATION

PASSWORD

[CURE] Versutian Federation: Zero infected!

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!
Astracarn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

[CURE] Versutian Federation: Zero infected!

Postby Astracarn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Our government is ready. Our citizens are ready.

After the April Fool's Day zombie apocalypse earlier this year, the Versutian Federation came in 11th for the most survivor nations in the entire world, and one of the best if not the best region that took on refugees for the entire time, despite being only a week old and starting with only about 30 nations. We ended the apocalypse with over 250. This year, we intend to do it again. Heeding the warning of Max, we started drafting a Z-day policy immediately, and the policy was passed on May 21st, and has been being polished and refined since that date. We’ve been researching what worked best, testing different strategies throughout the apocalypse, and making ourselves the best possible refugee region in NationStates. Our Zombie Protocol Act has been polished to perfection, our banhammers primed and ready, and our knowledge made secure.

So what makes us the superior region for sheltering yourself from the coming storm?

• A record that speaks for itself. We came in 11th for the most survivors in the world the first time, and that was when the region was only weeks old and not nearly as active. This time, we have an even more active government and the knowledge to make this time around even more successful.

• A zero-tolerance policy towards embracing zombies. Unlike other regions, we know we can enforce this policy 100%. Why? We’ve created a script that captures nations embracing zombies within minutes of their fateful decision, spitting the information right towards our Delegate and Founder, who wait with freshly shined banhammers. Unlike other regions, we can say with absolute certainty that no zombies will be embraced within our region.

• A dedicated group of staff and an open-door policy. We’ll have knowledgeable people on the entire time ready to spread information, eject offenders, and offer a helping hand to any refugee in need. Everyone is welcome to share in the VF’s cure, except those embracing. Though we highly encourage research towards a cure, even those militarily exterminating zombies are welcome to come in.

So if your region is having trouble weathering the storm of Zombies, come on over to the Versutian Federation. It's hard to argue with such impressive results:

Testimonials from refugees of the last apocalypse:

Ostroeuropa:
In two hours 5 billion have been cured in my nation.
I expect by hour four the crisis will be over.

Quloran:
My nation is getting great help from the federation, and I have now started to take part in the cure and it's being distributed to my people. We can indeed do this together, and on behalf of all citizens of Quloran, I thank you all.

Vorshka:
I JUST WANT TO SAY,THANKS VERSUTIA!

I lost 1 billion zombies in an hour!

Kranstentistan:
my nation is finally zombie free :D

G-Tech Corporation:
I blame Obama for this zombie atrocity.

Paddy O Fernature:
Over the course of the night, my brave men and women of my armed forces in conjunction with the new cure provided by this stellar region have effectively reduced my zombie population to zero. I would like to thank everyone for their support, and am now starting to rebuild and render assistance to others during this continued global pandemic.

In other words, thank you. ;)

Carena:
Carena has successfully cured ALL the zombies with not 1 single person or zombie dead. We will continue to research to help other nations of this zombie plague.

Rutannia:
And that's why I came back here, I might stay this time, you have yourselves in a good position.
Last edited by Astracarn on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:51 pm

All nations are welcome to move to the region for safety.

ErasmoGnome
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ErasmoGnome » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Our infection status is literally negative! That's better than any other region I've seen.
Former President of the Versutian Federation
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.
Unless otherwise specified, any posts I make are not representative of the VF

Haedong
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedong » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Congratulations on your success! This proves that individual regions are capable of handling the outbreak on their own.

Unless a region is highly contagious, I think it is better for nations to remain in the region they are in and to handle the virus there.

You may want to rethink your refugee policy; all it will take is one or two zombie exporters to raise the infection rate. If you lock the region, you will ensure that no further infection is possible once the zombie virus has been cured.

Please keep us updated on the Versutian Federation's status.
Last edited by Haedong on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:53 pm

Haedong wrote:Congratulations on your success! This proves that individual regions are capable of handling the outbreak on their own.

Unless a region is highly contagious, I think it is better for nations to remain in the region they are in and to handle the virus there.

You may want to rethink your refugee policy; all it will take is one or two zombie exporters to raise the infection rate. If you lock the region, you will ensure that no further infection is possible once the zombie virus has been cured.

We feel that our combined research and military capabilities, along with strict observation of all newcomers, will prove effective in negating any potential troublemakers.

ErasmoGnome
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ErasmoGnome » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:57 pm

As Secretary of Defense for the region, I can fully endorse our policy. We have no one, as of my last sweep, exporting zombies. Additionally, our Delegate has just been given the power to kick any exporting refugees. He was given the power by the cabinet.

Opening our region up to refugees is our best option to benefit NationStates as a whole as well as ourselves. Come on in for safety from the zombies!
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:02 pm

Along with the SECDEF, I'm monitoring all newcomers. While I won't stay up all night, I don't believe that any saboteurs will be able to stay in the region long enough to do any significant damage.
Last edited by The Black Hat Guy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:04 pm

39 nations are now coordinating research and defensive measures. We invite all those in need to join us.

Astracarn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Astracarn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Our nation count is now up to 40. Many nations are adding their research effort to our own region's.

Betulla
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Betulla » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Betulla is contributing soldiers/scientists to the efforts within the federation
Yes. Yes more sigs.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Astracarn wrote:Our nation count is now up to 40. Many nations are adding their research effort to our own region's.

Make that 42.

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm

I doubt that new nations will help the research/defense effort much if at all. Max Barry is intelligent enough to realize that people will attempt to spam new nations to get more research, and he'll have implemented something to prevent it. I may be wrong, but I don' think that adding a bunch of tiny little nations that are destined to die within a month will help.

ErasmoGnome
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ErasmoGnome » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Just finished a full sweep of all nations. We have exactly 0 nations exporting zombies, while among active nations an almost unanimous majority is researching a cure.

=== ATTENTION FROM THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE ===
Our cure is fully developed being distributed as we speak. This is not roleplay, this is real. Our safe population is skyrocketing and our contagion level is -12.6. We fully expect to be totally safe within hours.
Last edited by ErasmoGnome on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:25 pm

For any regions who wish to cooperate to end this catastrophe, feel free to contact us to discuss the construction of embassies.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:27 pm

We are receiving reports of distribution issues in the proliferation of the cure. Stay tuned.

Severisen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Severisen » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 pm

We, too, received these reports.

We are at a -17.2. Awaiting further updates.
<mcmasterdonia> Ex-TBH dudes get all the NS girls.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Should I be worried that Mall said he wanted to invade my region?
Member of the Cult of the Overgoat.

Married to my best friends Xoriet and Astarial
Father to Ramaeus, Sylvia, Greyghost, Bachtendekuppen, Liliarchy, Jar, Cookie. (And Guy)
Former: Everything
Current: Nowhere man.
Past, Present, and Future: Nobody.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:32 pm

We're succeeding so far, but we are encountering some issues.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 pm

Divair wrote:
Astracarn wrote:Our nation count is now up to 40. Many nations are adding their research effort to our own region's.

Make that 42.

We're up to 44 nations collaborating now and we've begun construction of an additional embassy.

ErasmoGnome
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ErasmoGnome » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:59 pm

We just got a new member with billions of people working on a cure. That's progress.

Additionally, the World Factbook Entry got edited to say that we are accepting refugees.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:00 pm

Too few cure producers, too many small nations having a hard time with infrastructure. We'll get it in the end though. Twenty million of my own citizens have already been cured.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Oceara
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oceara » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:02 pm

Congratulations, Right now our Supreme commander is holding the line while other nations research in ISSU.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:04 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Too few cure producers, too many small nations having a hard time with infrastructure. We'll get it in the end though. Twenty million of my own citizens have already been cured.

Thirty million have been cured in Divair.

Astracarn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Astracarn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:10 pm

The number of Astracani people who have been infected is beginning to go down. This is good progress.
Last edited by Astracarn on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:11 pm

Divair wrote:
Divair wrote:Make that 42.

We're up to 44 nations collaborating now and we've begun construction of an additional embassy.

Two more nations have joined, bringing the total up to 46.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Our infection rate has stabilized..somewhat anyways. We managed to keep about 5 mil cured from this disease. We thank the region for accepting us as refugees despite the madness from our previous home.
#NSTransparency

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center