NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Yauna

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Condemn Yauna

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

The Security Council,

RECALLING the intent and provisions of SC RES. #29, 'Liberate Greece', which summarized and sought action against the seizure of the region of Greece by a non-native nation, Yauna,

RECOGNIZING that in July-August of 2009, Yauna utilized dishonest and malevolent tactics to refound and usurp control of Greece on behalf of the Persian Empire, a region that initiated and sponsored an invasion of Greece,

NOTING that the original natives of Greece, including Tetrapolis, Iasonia, and Nikolaos The Great, among other nations, have since attempted several refounds during the period of Persian occupation,

APPALLED BY the nation of Yauna's continued destructive and reprehensible practices in Greece, including but not limited to:
1. Extensive and long-term region-griefing, achieved by allowing itself to cease to exist, but returning at irregular intervals to impede refound attempts by original natives,
2. Utilizing defamatory and derogatory language to denigrate the original natives of Greece and their defenders on numerous occasions,
3. Ejecting and banning numerous Greek-affiliated nations without providing due process and without justification, thus depriving residents of Greece of fundamental rights,

DENOUNCING the ongoing Persian occupation of Greece, facilitated by Yauna and its supporters,

HEREBY CONDEMNS The Disputed Territories of Yauna


All comments are welcome.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 18 times in total.

User avatar
Tzarsgrad
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1420
Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tzarsgrad » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:31 pm

I heavily support the proposal for the reason's listed. This needs to be recognized, and something done about it.
"And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains..."
Are you a fan of pen and paper games? Then check out Tortured Earth! Addictive yet simple gameplay, with modules that range from an afternoon to several sessions! Although we're only in the developmental stages, keep in touch for details!

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1731
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby SkyDip » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:33 pm

You're trying to Condemn this nation for something that happened...four years ago? Good luck with that. That being said, one invasion of one region is not something the SC needs to give attention to.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:39 pm

SkyDip wrote:You're trying to Condemn this nation for something that happened...four years ago? Good luck with that. That being said, one invasion of one region is not something the SC needs to give attention to.


The invasion of one region by another region is, in fact, addressed by nearly every 'Liberation' resolution the SC has enacted.
This was not a single event; rather, it is an ongoing crisis. The seizure of Greece four years ago precipitated a long and tedious struggle by the original natives to regain control of their region. Yauna allows itself to CTE, and returns just before a re-found by the Greek natives is possible. This has occurred in multiple instances.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1731
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby SkyDip » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
SkyDip wrote:You're trying to Condemn this nation for something that happened...four years ago? Good luck with that. That being said, one invasion of one region is not something the SC needs to give attention to.


The invasion of one region by another region is, in fact, addressed by nearly every Liberation proposal the SC has enacted.
This was not a single event; the seizure of Greece four years ago precipitated a long and tedious effort by the original natives to regain control of their region. Yauna allows itself to CTE, and returns just before a re-found by the Greek natives is possible. This has already occurred 7 times.

Sounds like something multiple Founder nations across the game do. This one isn't special.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:44 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:
The invasion of one region by another region is, in fact, addressed by nearly every Liberation proposal the SC has enacted.
This was not a single event; the seizure of Greece four years ago precipitated a long and tedious effort by the original natives to regain control of their region. Yauna allows itself to CTE, and returns just before a re-found by the Greek natives is possible. This has already occurred 7 times.

Sounds like something multiple Founder nations across the game do. This one isn't special.


If you believe this is not an issue that should at least be considered by the SC, review SC Resolution #29, enacted in 2010, which lays out in greater detail Yauna's precise tactics. If it was worthy of consideration then, it is certainly worthy now, especially in light of Yauna's most recent activities.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1731
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby SkyDip » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:49 pm

You seem to think that the reasons behind a Liberation in 2010 are equivalent and still valid for a Condemnation three years later. They aren't. What you have here is a case of the douchebag founder. It's not special, it's not rare, and it certainly doesn't warrant an SC Condemnation.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:56 pm

SkyDip wrote:You seem to think that the reasons behind a Liberation in 2010 are equivalent and still valid for a Condemnation three years later. They aren't. What you have here is a case of the douchebag founder. It's not special, it's not rare, and it certainly doesn't warrant an SC Condemnation.


It seems to me you don't have a complete understanding of this issue. Yauna's most recent activities, which occurred as a direct result of its actions three years ago, warrant an SC Condemnation. Furthermore, this is greater than just a "Founder" being a despotic jerk, but rather a foreign seizure of a region through dishonest and despicable means.

If there are any constructive comments on the proposed resolution, I would be more than willing to entertain them.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Mariopolis
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mariopolis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:02 pm

I agree with Tzarsgrad, and I heartily support this proposal.

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1731
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby SkyDip » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
SkyDip wrote:You seem to think that the reasons behind a Liberation in 2010 are equivalent and still valid for a Condemnation three years later. They aren't. What you have here is a case of the douchebag founder. It's not special, it's not rare, and it certainly doesn't warrant an SC Condemnation.


It seems to me you don't have a complete understanding of this issue. Yauna's most recent activities, which occurred as a direct result of its actions three years ago, warrant an SC Condemnation. Furthermore, this is greater than just a Founder being a despotic jerk, but rather a foreign seizure of a region through dishonest and despicable means.

If there are any constructive comments on the proposed resolution, I would be more than willing to entertain them.

Constructive comment - the SC regulars and majority of (sensible) WA members are not going to see a Founder of 2+ years kicking nations out of their region as something worthy of Condemnation. The region belongs, first and foremost, to the Founder.

EDIT: Especially coming from a nation that was in Greece a whole three months.
Last edited by SkyDip on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:08 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:
It seems to me you don't have a complete understanding of this issue. Yauna's most recent activities, which occurred as a direct result of its actions three years ago, warrant an SC Condemnation. Furthermore, this is greater than just a Founder being a despotic jerk, but rather a foreign seizure of a region through dishonest and despicable means.

If there are any constructive comments on the proposed resolution, I would be more than willing to entertain them.

Constructive comment - the SC regulars and majority of (sensible) WA members are not going to see a Founder of 2+ years kicking nations out of their region as something worthy of Condemnation. The region belongs, first and foremost, to the Founder.


Why don't we let the other SC members speak for themselves on this issue? If they raise more legitimate complaints than you have, I will gladly take their advice.

I feel you still missed the significance of this nation re-founding Greece before the original natives were able to do so, and then holding the region as nothing more than a hollow trophy for an invading region, all the while toying with the natives trying to regain control. In this regard, the nation in question is not the legitimate founder.

As for the amount of time I have spent in Greece, this resolution has been authored with the support of Greek natives (as per the original proposal).
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Mariopolis
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mariopolis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:08 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:
It seems to me you don't have a complete understanding of this issue. Yauna's most recent activities, which occurred as a direct result of its actions three years ago, warrant an SC Condemnation. Furthermore, this is greater than just a Founder being a despotic jerk, but rather a foreign seizure of a region through dishonest and despicable means.

If there are any constructive comments on the proposed resolution, I would be more than willing to entertain them.

Constructive comment - the SC regulars and majority of (sensible) WA members are not going to see a Founder of 2+ years kicking nations out of their region as something worthy of Condemnation. The region belongs, first and foremost, to the Founder.

You seem to give no regard whatsoever to the significance of the region's name and its historical animosity with the "founder's" Persian allies, to whom the "founder" has expressed notable sympathy.

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1731
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby SkyDip » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:Why don't we let the other SC members speak for themselves on this issue? If they raise more legitimate complaints than you have, I will gladly take their advice.

I feel you still missed the significance of this nation re-founding Greece before the original natives were able to do so, and then holding the region as nothing more than a hollow trophy for an invading region, all the while toying with the natives trying to regain control. In this regard, the nation in question is not the legitimate founder.

Doesn't look (by the WFE or RMB) that the Founder nation is suppressing you, gloating a trophy region, etc. There is no link to the "capturing" region or anything of the sort. This is a four-year-old issue that is now being brought up because the Founder ejected some nations.

Mariopolis wrote:You seem to give no regard whatsoever to the significance of the region's name and its historical animosity with the "founder's" Persian allies, to whom the "founder" has expressed notable sympathy.

Expressing sympathy ≠ taking forceful control of region, believe it or not.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:24 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:Why don't we let the other SC members speak for themselves on this issue? If they raise more legitimate complaints than you have, I will gladly take their advice.

I feel you still missed the significance of this nation re-founding Greece before the original natives were able to do so, and then holding the region as nothing more than a hollow trophy for an invading region, all the while toying with the natives trying to regain control. In this regard, the nation in question is not the legitimate founder.

Doesn't look (by the WFE or RMB) that the Founder nation is suppressing you, gloating a trophy region, etc. There is no link to the "capturing" region or anything of the sort. This is a four-year-old issue that is now being brought up because the Founder ejected some nations.

Mariopolis wrote:You seem to give no regard whatsoever to the significance of the region's name and its historical animosity with the "founder's" Persian allies, to whom the "founder" has expressed notable sympathy.

Expressing sympathy ≠ taking forceful control of region, believe it or not.


Believe it or not, not only has the "founder" expressed "notable sympathy", but in fact has perpetuated what is very obviously (to all "sensible" nations) Persian control of Greece. You must only look to the earlier posts of the RMB to see what occurred during Yauna's previous revival. In regard to a link of the capturing of the region, visit the Persian Empire, it lists Greece as a "confederate region"; of course, Yauna has thrown out the Greek natives and their supporters so often that it is no longer remarkable. And the nations that remain in the region are primarily of Persian persuasion, or are puppets.

You seem to think I authored this proposal because I'm upset Yauna kicked me out as delegate today. This is blatantly untrue, and you should be more cautious in levying such accusations; Yauna's actions over a time frame of years have been destructive to the health of the region.

I think we've heard enough from SkyDip to know where it stands on this proposal, why don't we let some others voice their opinions?
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Elias Greyjoy
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elias Greyjoy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:27 pm

I will not be supporting for many of the above reasons.
The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Elias Greyjoy wrote:I will not be supporting for many of the above reasons.


Seeing as Elias Greyjoy is not a member of the WA, that is fine.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Elias Greyjoy
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elias Greyjoy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
Elias Greyjoy wrote:I will not be supporting for many of the above reasons.


Seeing as you're not a member of the WA, that is fine.

You assume I don't control a WA nation somewhere in the world.
The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Elias Greyjoy wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:
Seeing as you're not a member of the WA, that is fine.

You assume I don't control a WA nation somewhere in the world.


You may, but it's not my concern. You previously stated that you would not support the proposal for many of the reasons listed above; would you be so kind as to specify which? Thank you.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Aeken
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17135
Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:34 pm

I would like to support this resolution. I believe it fairly gives the evidence of the atrocities.

User avatar
Elias Greyjoy
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elias Greyjoy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
Elias Greyjoy wrote:You assume I don't control a WA nation somewhere in the world.


You may, but it's not my concern. You previously stated that you would not support the proposal for many of the reasons listed above; would you be so kind as to specify which? Thank you.

You said I didn't so I'm telling. Obviously, it is your concern.

The Founder of the region has supreme control. Even if you happen to think it was a hostile refound.
The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Elias Greyjoy wrote:
Neoconstantius wrote:
You may, but it's not my concern. You previously stated that you would not support the proposal for many of the reasons listed above; would you be so kind as to specify which? Thank you.

You said I didn't so I'm telling. Obviously, it is your concern.

The Founder of the region has supreme control. Even if you happen to think it was a hostile refound.


I am in complete agreement that the Founder has ultimate control of over a region; indeed, nearly everything that occurs in a region faces the discretion of the Founder. But does this mean the Founder is justified in its control? Does this mean a nation cannot be condemned for a "hostile refound"? Certainly not.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO ILLINI
........................
........................
........................
........................
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

User avatar
Feux
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1594
Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Elias Greyjoy wrote:I will not be supporting for many of the above reasons.

Using your puppet to agree with your own points? :P

Anyway, I agree with Mr. Greyjoy. However, proposal looks nice. I'd advise to keep writing, but with a different topic in mind.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

User avatar
Neoconstantius
Minister
 
Posts: 2056
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Feux wrote:
Elias Greyjoy wrote:I will not be supporting for many of the above reasons.

Using your puppet to agree with your own points? :P

Anyway, I agree with Mr. Greyjoy. However, proposal looks nice. I'd advise to keep writing, but with a different topic in mind.


I suspected it was a puppet nation :P. Thank you for your compliments, I'll keep at it.
Last edited by Neoconstantius on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
United Provinces of Atlantica
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1845
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United Provinces of Atlantica » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 pm

You should also state a part of having the recent invasion of Greece, which fell 10 hours ago. Other than that, it's good and I'll definitely support it.
Last edited by United Provinces of Atlantica on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citizen of Lazarus
The Most Serene Confederation of Vasturia: FactbookConstitutionReligionOther
Warden in The Grey Wardens - Join Today!

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1731
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby SkyDip » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
Feux wrote:Using your puppet to agree with your own points? :P

Anyway, I agree with Mr. Greyjoy. However, proposal looks nice. I'd advise to keep writing, but with a different topic in mind.


I suspected it was a puppet nation :P. Thank you for your compliments.

And yet you were so much more cordial to Mr. Greyjoy. The points still stand.

Thanks, Feux. >:(
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads