NATION

PASSWORD

Golden Dawn in Greece

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you like them?

Yes,I wish my nation had such a party
8%
Yes,I wish they win elections in Greece
8%
Yes,I support their cause
4%
No,I do not support them
17%
No,and they should be illegal
3%
No,they are a bunch of xenophobic,fascist,nazi,hitlerlike,racist scum
48%
I AM THE ONE AND TRUE GOLDEN DAWN,FOOLISH MORTALS!!!
12%

Total votes : 132

Dokuritsu Nippon
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dokuritsu Nippon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:18 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:So you're unwilling to endorse violence even against a group themselves actively using/endorsing violence? 0_o

Might as well roll over and die with such 'ethics'.

There's a point of taking the high road so that you do not become the violent sons of bitches that you're fighting.

So Bonhoeffer was just as bad as Hitler? Your opinion is duly noted.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:So you're unwilling to endorse violence even against a group themselves actively using/endorsing violence? 0_o

Just endorsing it? No, absolutely not. I fully support combating those who use violence, though even in those cases, I would support only what is necessary to subdue them, nothing more.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Dokuritsu Nippon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dokuritsu Nippon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Threlizdun wrote:

Just endorsing it? No, absolutely not. I fully support combating those who use violence, though even in those cases, I would support only what is necessary to subdue them, nothing more.

I see. I suppose I'm a much stricter advocate of the necessity of armed struggle against oppression, because historically, it seems to be the only valid method when the enemy is more than willing to employ the same.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:There's a point of taking the high road so that you do not become the violent sons of bitches that you're fighting.

:roll: Oh great. Since when were we talking about Hitler? Nope.

Most of the time, violence is not the answer. If you want to become the same people you're fighting because you're opposed to them, you're doing the same thing that violent group is doing. Instead, fight them with words and information. Let the police and the government do the physical suppression.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Ralkovia wrote:
Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:
Ralkovia wrote:[quote="TomKirk";p="12888368]
It would indeed take a genius to infer that you were as old as 23 from your postings thus far.[/quote]
Here you go Doku[/quote][/quote]

Back under the bridge. No food for you.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Kind of like most of North Korea.[/quote]

Fucking buuuurrrrrrrnnnnnn

Yanitza
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yanitza » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 pm

House Korlov wrote:
North Stradia wrote:Greeks are not Slavs.

No, I mean the party opposes Macedonians, who are Slavs.

They aren't Macedonian in the sense that they claim to be, and a lot of Greek parties oppose the state trying to claim Macedonian heritage.

But yes anyway the Golden Dawn no doubt show the Slavophobic sentiments as many historical right wing groups have shown in Greece's history, unfortunately

Dokuritsu Nippon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dokuritsu Nippon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:

:roll: Oh great. Since when were we talking about Hitler? Nope.

Most of the time, violence is not the answer. If you want to become the same people you're fighting because you're opposed to them, you're doing the same thing that violent group is doing.

Last I checked, killing Nazis (those actively holding a particularly repressive political ideology) is quite a different matter from killing Jews (those who happened to be born with a certain characteristic). The former is in response to a repressive, antisocial action, the latter to a mere characteristic beyond anyone's control. Thus they are not ethically equivalent.

Instead, fight them with words and information.

And when that said violent group has such a presence that they effectively drown out such in the superstructure of society...?

Let the police and the government do the physical suppression.

Hah. More oft than not, they act in line with the interests of the regressives.
Last edited by Dokuritsu Nippon on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in me being banned for openly expressing the logical conclusions of my own Fanonian/Marxist-Leninist theory, and you seeming to have more fault with that than an openly militantly fascist party.

It's not hypocritical. And how is it logical to wish for the death of thousands of people?
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Dokuritsu Nippon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dokuritsu Nippon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
Ralkovia wrote:
Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:
It would indeed take a genius to infer that you were as old as 23 from your postings thus far.[/quote]

Kind of like most of North Korea.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Fucking buuuurrrrrrrnnnnnn[/quote]

And if I said I were Black, I suppose you'd accuse me of stealing a bike or TV or ask if I wanted to eat a watermelon? Go back to 4chan. This is just juvenile...

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
Ralkovia wrote:
Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:

Fucking buuuurrrrrrrnnnnnn[/quote]

High five!
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

Dokuritsu Nippon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dokuritsu Nippon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in me being banned for openly expressing the logical conclusions of my own Fanonian/Marxist-Leninist theory, and you seeming to have more fault with that than an openly militantly fascist party.

It's not hypocritical. And how is it logical to wish for the death of thousands of people?

It's the logical conclusion of the premises my ideology entails.

Would you have wished Hitler/Himmler/Goebels/etc. to have died before taking power? I think most reasonable people would. I simply see the capitalist system as similarly repressive, and wish the same for its advocates. And I agree with Fanon's criticisms of the theory of nonviolent 'revolution'. That's all. But that's neither here nor there for this.

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:

the civil rights movement was a peaceful protest for the eradication of segregation and it worked. It didn't get rid of racism but you can never truly eradicat something of the face of the earth.
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Ralkovia wrote:
Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:

Fucking buuuurrrrrrrnnnnnn[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

And if I said I were Black, I suppose you'd accuse me of stealing a bike or TV or ask if I wanted to eat a watermelon? Go back to 4chan. This is just juvenile...[/quote]

Wait, your not a twenty three year old white kid hiding in his parents basement?
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:It's the logical conclusion of the premises my ideology entails.

Bullshit. Marxism doesn't call for the deaths of people who oppose it. You're only using it as a very thin facade to express your wishes to see people dead.

Would you have wished Hitler/Himmler/Goebels/etc. to have died before taking power?

No. Because no one would have predicted that they'd rise to power.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Dokuritsu Nippon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dokuritsu Nippon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Sedikal wrote:
Dokuritsu Nippon wrote:

the civil rights movement was a peaceful protest for the eradication of segregation and it worked. It didn't get rid of racism but you can never truly eradicat something of the face of the earth.

I'm sure Malcolm X would be most bemused to hear you equating his position with one of dogmatic nonviolence.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 am

Sysrly guys?

Alright, guys, this is such a train wreck that I can't even begin to untangle it. We've got trollnaming, threadjacking, flamebaiting, massive amounts of QQing, and general asshatery coming out of every orphus. I am not pleased.

Rather than addressing the myriad offenses in this thread, I'm going to declare a mulligan and just leave the thread locked. Don't start this up again, or I'll pull out both the old and the new and start passing out warnings like jellybeans. You've all been put on notice. Redouble your efforts and being civil to one another, or use the ignore function, or you will find that, next time, I will not be so forgiving.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General