NATION

PASSWORD

The Occult In Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
User avatar
The Multiversal Species Alliance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Dec 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Occult In Your Nation

Postby The Multiversal Species Alliance » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:02 pm

What's the status of the occult in your nation?
The occult is widely studied by priests and laypersons alike.
In regards to RP,see my factbook:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_ ... l=factbook
My nation absolutely DOES represent my beliefs.
my author avatar: Garious, who's based on the author of this nation

Telegrams welcome.

User avatar
Savolica
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 117
Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Savolica » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Studying of the occult is considered blasphemy and will result in capital punishment.
IRL, I am Agnostic, Pro-Gay, Pro-Gun, Pro-lite Capitalism, and Pro-Union.

User avatar
Aurvian
Attaché
 
Posts: 90
Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurvian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 pm

What you call occult is widely accepted and practised as well in Aurvian.
Last edited by Aurvian on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation was supposed to be something entirely else, so until I managed to fix what I answered wrong before I changed the concept this is not really what it's supposed to be. It's also not necessarily representing my own views.

User avatar
Olwe
Senator
 
Posts: 4692
Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Considering we're a magic-using nation, the occult is a part of many citizens' daily lives, and in fact considered rather mundane here with certain extreme exceptions (eldritch abominations and the like).
Founded: 2480
Current year: 4998
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 19 billion

User avatar
Hircus
Diplomat
 
Posts: 685
Founded: Dec 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hircus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Not to much. However, we have a scientific away team studying paranormal activity among the gracious citizens of Olwe.
Alliances: The Mind Empire of Lotrabme,
Accordance of Free Worlds
Civilization Index: Class R7: Tier 2, Type IV, Interstellar power
We are an alien (FT) species. We do things a little different...
Hircus Factbook - Hircus Embassy Starport- Planetary Lexicon- Hircus Military OoB
- Project Sanctuary

RL: Farming, My Shop ,Table Top RPGs with friends, Sharing the Fruits of my labor (Literally)
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to GARDEN and the whole neighborhood gets tomatoes"

User avatar
Luciferius
Attaché
 
Posts: 68
Founded: Feb 21, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Luciferius » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 pm

The study and practice of the occult is very much apart of history and cultural fabric of Luciferius. Theistic Luciferianism is our official state religion.

User avatar
Rocopurr
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12772
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Occult is considered a minor practice or religion, and the majority of it is legal.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

User avatar
United Timelines Outpost Number 99999999
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1252
Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Timelines Outpost Number 99999999 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 pm

What is considered occult by others is reality in the colony. Or more accurately, a lack thereof. For us, the occult refers to a fundamental failure in reality allowing various glitches to exist. In most cases, events identified as occult are dangerous in nature. However, our most powerful weapon, the Recursion bomb, uses a self-generated glitch in reality as its main weapon.
Nazi Punks Fuck Off

User avatar
New Laurencia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Dec 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Laurencia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:31 pm

About as common as breathing is to un-evolved humans.

User avatar
New Vudnia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1621
Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Vudnia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Dismissed as utter rubbish.

User avatar
Urmanian
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8899
Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Urmanian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Olwe wrote:Considering we're a magic-using nation, the occult is a part of many citizens' daily lives, and in fact considered rather mundane here with certain extreme exceptions (eldritch abominations and the like).

^This

User avatar
Roumelia
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roumelia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Not many people are really interested in the Occult.

User avatar
Cevalo Nacio
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1295
Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cevalo Nacio » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Chaos Magic is a very popular tthing to study amongst the countries elite along with Cabbalism. Cults Of Discord have also become very poular throughout the country

User avatar
Penguin Union Nation
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1025
Founded: Feb 14, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Penguin Union Nation » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Just the same small group of rebellious youth with a lot of black and purple makeup, as you'll see anywhere else.

It's all rubbish, though.
Which penguin(s) should be elected to the Penguin Council? VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES!
My new review video: Otaku Evolution Episode 166 - Serial Experiments Lain
Contribute to my Otaku Evolution Patreon!

User avatar
Catnauria
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Catnauria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:56 pm

It's tolerated, however it is frowned upon by the goverment.

User avatar
Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8292
Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 pm

It is viewed as being too unpredictable for regular use, but many of us have tried a variety of things that can be considered occultic. The Bureau of Paranormal Research takes a more scientific view, and is testing various occult practices while rigorously documenting the results. The Bureau also retests to ensure repeatability.

So far, most of our tests have yielded no results - but the Bureau did manage to draw some "shadow people" into our world. These were quickly - and secretly - recruited by Intelligence to go spy on and bother biological officials in other nations. In exchange, they are allowed to feed off of the fear of those who are about to be melted down alive - something that happens regularly in foundries near the slums.

One thing we aren't into is summoning demons. We've heard enough to know that they not trustworthy. Worse, they're a bunch of lousy hackers. There's only one place that's good for a hacker, and that's the smelting pit. We may be a bunch of crooks, but at least when we deal with each other, it doesn't come with possession attempts.

Surprisingly, all of this activity has seemed to lead some kind of occultic beings to try to summon US! Strange chants of "Decepticon, arise" have been heard in the halls of the Bureau of Paranormal Research recently. This began to occur right after the Bureau did some workings to try to open a portal to another dimension. Apparently, someone over there caught a glimpse of us and decided - foolishly - that it'd be a good idea to have such a powerful being in their world.

Needless to say, the Bureau scientists have been trying hard to both fully open that breach and put it entirely under our control. If we can ever get through, the being calling for one of us will probably think of whoever comes as their version of a demon. After all, a Decepticon is not exactly going to do someone's bidding.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.


The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

User avatar
Kaito Corporation
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1953
Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaito Corporation » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:02 pm

All religions are heavily restricted. The occult however, is one of the main things keeping this corporation alive.
The only absolute is the inevitable destruction of all

User avatar
Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27701
Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Auzkhia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Olwe wrote:Considering we're a magic-using nation, the occult is a part of many citizens' daily lives, and in fact considered rather mundane here with certain extreme exceptions (eldritch abominations and the like).

^This
Unless it is dealing with God or Satan as we are Mostly Catholic.

User avatar
Phocidaea
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5316
Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Phocidaea » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:10 pm

There is no such thing as the occult. Some studies typically considered "occult" can be explained through pure science, while others are just bunk.

So, yes, Phocidaea actively studies the former, but has no regard for the latter.
Call me Phoca.
Senator [Unknown] of the Liberal Democrats in NSG Senate.
Je suis Charlie: Because your feels don't justify murder.

User avatar
Juite
Diplomat
 
Posts: 719
Founded: Dec 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Juite » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 pm

As we have multiple folk religions we would be considered as an "Occult Nation"
Juite is an environmental safe haven with no military.
Basically a hippie shopaholic nation.... Yep.
Oneracon wrote:Hippies with guns :p
Hey... I am a hippie shopaholic :3
Environmentalist, Free-Marketeer, Liberal, Pro-Gun, Anti-Social Conservatives

User avatar
Rastynhaven
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Oct 13, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Rastynhaven » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Olwe wrote:Considering we're a magic-using nation, the occult is a part of many citizens' daily lives, and in fact considered rather mundane here with certain extreme exceptions (eldritch abominations and the like).
I'm Female.
19 Years Old, Chinese American, Devout Buddhist, Biochemistry Student

PRO: Nordic Model, Secular Government, LGBTQ+ Rights, Gender Equality & Feminism, Environmental Conservation, Renewable Energy, GMOs, Vastly increased funding for scientific research in academia, Buddhist Nuns everywhere, FOR THE HORDE!

ANTI: Donald Trump, Social conservatism, Christian and Islamic fundamentalism, Anti-Choicers, Homophobia, Transphobia, Biphobia, Anti-intellectualism, Young Earth Creationists, "Alternative Medicine", the Qing Dynasty, Chipotle.

User avatar
Radiatia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7856
Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Radiatia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Weirdly enough for a nation which is officially state atheist, occultism is actually quite popular.

While it seldom has any official standing, every now and again it makes an appearance in society, particularly in the more traditional northern states.

Most Radiatians don't believe in the occult, but occasionally rituals will be performed for entertainment or the sake of tradition.
Last edited by Radiatia on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry
 
Posts: 15007
Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Minoan authorities have no regulation over the occult in general other than a restriction on fortune telling for profit.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Lohan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 107
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lohan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 am

We have complete freedom of religion and beliefs. There is currently a growing interest in the occult & paranormal.
A tropical paradise for LGBT peoples, and leading exporter of pineapples & mangos.

User avatar
Cameroi
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15580
Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Cameroi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 am

occult means hidden, and in cameroi we try to hid very little.

individuals are encouraged to form their own beliefs and sense of spirituality.

cameroi culture does not generally see the unseen as anything dark or threatening however, but rather, unseen things, like all things, as something to be considerate and friendly towards.
(not out of fear, but on general moral principals)
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ponerus, Springmont

Advertisement

Remove ads