NATION

PASSWORD

Is NationStates Safe?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rufalia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Is NationStates Safe?

Postby Rufalia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 pm

That's my question. Do you guys think NationStates is safe as a website in general?

(Personal info) is it truly protected? :eyebrow:

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 pm

NationStates doesn't ask you for any personal information on signup, but it's a public forum that non-members can read and any personal information you share on it is at your discretion.

NS is as safe as you want it to be.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Nadkor wrote:NationStates doesn't ask you for any personal information on signup, but it's a public forum that non-members can read and any personal information you share on it is at your discretion.

NS is as safe as you want it to be.

Nailed it
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way" --General George S. Patton

If You're A Fellow Ham, TG me!!!
KF7LCE

Cosmopoles
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopoles » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Is it safe?

Melas
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 pm

NS is not safe.Its ruled by an evil overlord who does nothing all day than watch a bunch of people discussing important matters like their oppinions matter.He also sells books and shit
FLAG MADE BY: RYAANISTAN
Bralia wrote:
Melas wrote:no matter what,since tentacles are involved,I have already seen enough hentai to know where this is going

A legendary thousandth post, to be sure. :lol: Congrats.
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ottozum Empire wrote:He also likes his daughters to marry people

Melas is a sugar daddy. Spread the rumor.
Please Join This Awesome RP

Aleckandor
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aleckandor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Melas wrote:NS is not safe.Its ruled by an evil overlord who does nothing all day than watch a bunch of people discussing important matters like their oppinions matter.He also sells books and shit

A legit occupation, I may gather.
♜♞♝ ~ THE GLOBAL SOVEREIGN CONFEDERACY OF ALECKANDOR ~ ♝♞♜
The IC demonym is "Aleckandorean(s)". Just call me Aleck.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

New Dragonia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Dragonia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Does this look dangerous?

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 pm

New Dragonia wrote:(Image)

Does this look dangerous?

Not as dangerous as Wumbo.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Rufalia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rufalia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Why cant you foe admins and mods? Frisbeertia seems to like to correct everything I do......

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Rufalia wrote:That's my question. Do you guys think NationStates is safe as a website in general?

(Personal info) is it truly protected? :eyebrow:

Totally safe. You can choose how much info you give, you can choose what you do, and it's a trusted website.

It even has good hacker protection.

The only time this site isn't safe is when it scares you with its April Fools' jokes.
They do that every year. Last year, everyone's account got ''hacked'' (not really) and everybody got scared. So watch out.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Melas wrote:NS is not safe.Its ruled by an evil overlord who does nothing all day than watch a bunch of people discussing important matters like their oppinions matter.He also sells books and shit

This would be the case, if the overlord hadn't CTE'd years ago.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Rufalia wrote:Why cant you foe admins and mods? Frisbeertia seems to like to correct everything I do......

It's a rule of the forum. If you don't like it, the mods don't like you.
I've experienced that first hand.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Hydronium
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydronium » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Sure! (as long as you use street sense)

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Nope. NS is highly carcinogenic. Using NS can also result in such side effects as mental impairment, fits of rage, and permanent insanity. Medical professionals highly recommend avoiding NS.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:49 pm

NS is not safe, it is literally a dictatorship without freedom of speech with a secret police that execute people if they resist in the name of a man with two first names

infact, the statsi will probably come into this thread and stop us. you watch. you watch and then look back at this post and realize i'm right.

but otherwise yeah it's pretty safe
Last edited by Souseiseki on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Miss Defied
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Defied » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Rufalia wrote:Why cant you foe admins and mods? Frisbeertia seems to like to correct everything I do......

Because foeing a nation causes you to not see that nation's posts and you have to be able to see Mods' posts.

If you are haing a problem with a Mod, there are avenues to rectify that.
Last edited by Miss Defied on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know you're like the A-bomb. Everybody's laughing, having a good time. Then you show up -BOOM- everything's dead." - Master Shake

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Souseiseki wrote:

NS is not safe, it is literally a dictatorship without freedom of speech with a secret police that execute people if they resist in the name of a man with two first names

infact, the statsi will probably come into this thread and stop us. you watch. you watch and then look back at this post and realize i'm right.

NS is all about free speech. You're not banned as long as you don't argue, say stupid things, spam, make your sig 78 pages long, or make posts like the one you just made.
Last edited by Horusland on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm

One time a mod found out where I lived and shot my dog. What did I do wrong? I said Jennifer Government was pretty good. Protip: the only correct answer is J.G. is the greatest book in the history of the written word. Anything short of this will result in the mods making your life a living hell. They also put sugar in my gas tank. Those bastards.
RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm

No, and that is why you only have hours to live. Spend them wisely.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Benomia wrote:

This would be the case, if the overlord hadn't CTE'd years ago.

He admits that he still plays, just with a secret nation.

And also, all joking aside, yes, it is safe, so long as YOU don't give out personal info.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 pm

i want to ignore every mod except euroslavia and the archguy (sorry)

NERVUN was on there too but well hmph

violet please make this possible
Last edited by Souseiseki on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Olthar wrote:Nope. NS is highly carcinogenic. Using NS can also result in such side effects as mental impairment, fits of rage, and permanent insanity. Medical professionals highly recommend avoiding NS.

It's an addiction.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Rufalia. If you are being serious, and want a serious answer, then that's exactly what these people won't give you. They're all using this thread as a joke/spam thread now.

Yes, it's safe. As long as you don't give people your personal info.

Oogium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Olthar wrote:Nope. NS is highly carcinogenic. Using NS can also result in such side effects as mental impairment, fits of rage, and permanent insanity. Medical professionals highly recommend avoiding NS.

Very true. :lol2:

But in all seriousness, NS is fairly safe. It can be frustrating as hell, but it's pretty safe.
My entire nation is being revamped, which gives me more room for

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Just try and find a seat without getting your bollocks stuck in a light socket.

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Mom! I found a space krill! Can we keep it? Pleeeaaase?

Miss Defied
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Defied » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Also a cursory glace at your posting history tells me you have a tendency to spam a lot. The mods are rightly doing their job by correcting you.
"You know you're like the A-bomb. Everybody's laughing, having a good time. Then you show up -BOOM- everything's dead." - Master Shake

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General