NATION

PASSWORD

Kingdoms and Colonies - Age of Enlightenment [OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Kingdoms and Colonies - Age of Enlightenment [OOC/OPEN]

Postby Nova Imperius » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Kingdoms and Colonies - Age of Enlightenment

Over half a century has passed and the year is now 1880. The past 50 years has seen mass industrialisation across the wealthy world and the harnessing of the worlds resources by the major Empires. The seas now rage with vast steampowered vessels and the lands beat with the drums of the largest armies that have ever been seen in history. A cold war now exists between the League of Imperial Nations (LIN) and the Joint Asiantic League (JAL) and a number of very minor conflicts have been seen between the two forces. Now negotiations are taking place to rebuild the relationship between the east and west yet political advisors are doubtful. The major powers of both the east and west have continued to spread across the world and the apple in everyones eye is the vast continent of South America. The Paranoid leaders of Europe have successfully fortified the continent through a number of Naval and land blockades wereas Asias waters are patrolled by a number of highly trained coast guard units. Now the world is on the brink as it struggles to choose between the paths of peace or of war.

Blue - Republic of Francia - 3.25 million troops - Chairman Jean Dumont(Cirema)
Grey - Empire of Norden - 0.75 million troops - Queen Viktoria (Ralnis)
Red - Kingdom of Anhk-Durnik - 7.8 million troops - King Alexander XVI - Pop. 295 million (Nova Imperius)
Light Green - Sicilian Empire - 5 million - Emperor Niccolo - Pop. 135 million (Acroticus)
Yellow - The Kingdom of Espaniata(Euchamus)
Orange - The Tsardom of Fortograd - 1 million troops - Tsar Cyril I - Pop. 85 Million (Ublia)
Green - Mideonan Empire - 4.5 million troops - King Josef V - Pop. 90 Million (Vergenskia)
Brown - Gregantine Sultanate - 3 million troops - Sultan Raja - 90 million (United Federation of the World)
Light Blue - Kingdom of Dambria - 0.003 million troops (Britcan)
Burgandy - Ming Song Shotan Dynasty - 3 million troops (Mishmahig)
Dark Pink - Kingdom of Australia - 2.5 million troops (Lenciland)
Light Pink - The Kingdom of Madagascar - 1.25 million troops (Kengsburg)
Black - The Zulu Empire - 0.25 million troops
Purple - Empire of Japan - 2 million troops - Emperor Masaru I (Kherkov)
Gold - The Mexican Empire - 1 milion troops(Zakiristan)
Dark Green - Republic of Midonia - President Tilios Caesar(Halleon)
Grey - Imperial States of Ayra - RajKrishna IV - 2.4 million (Britanania)

(POPULATIONS TO BE ADDED. THE MILITARY NUMBERS HERE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCURATE)

LIN

The Kingdom of Anhk-Durnik
The Tsardom of Fortograd
The Empire of Sicily

JAL

The Ming Song Shotan Dynasty
The Empire of Japan
The Kingdom of Australia
The Kingdom of Dambria
The Mexican Empire

APP

Nation Name:
Capital City:
Nation Leader:
Form of Rule:
Population:
Military Population (no more than 5% in times of peace. Percentage will effect economy):
Basic History of Nation:
Basic Summery of Current Situation:
Basic Plans for RP:

Just to inform new comers this is the 3rd chapter in the Kingdoms and Colonies saga after

1 - Kingdoms and Colonies - Age of WarOOC IC

2 - Kingdoms and Colonies - Age of Empires OOC IC

King Alexander XVI of Anhk-Durnik (Abdicated until point of return)

Czar Theoden I of Anhk-Durnik (Ruler until return of King Alexander XVI)

Modedit: image linked to potential malware site removed

Emperor Niccolo of Sicily

Emperor Masaru I of Japan

Tsar Cyril I of Fortograd

President Tilios of Midonia

Queen Viktoria of Norden

Emperor Alexander I of Mexico

King Josef IV of Mideonan(died)

Emperor James V of Australia

Raj Krishna IV of Ayra

King Konstantin I of Dambria

Chairman Jean Durmont of Francia

Anhk-Durnik

Czar Theoden Turnovarious I
Queen Anastasia Turnovarious
Crown Prince Alexander Turnovarious

Head of Army Archduke General Maximillian Kitchner III
Head of Navy Archduke Admiral Cornelious Peyton
Head of Air Force Archduke Airmarshal Anthony Rolnov

Grand Visier Count Hugh Salcov
Deputy Grand Visier Lord Cornelious Putak
CEO of EAC Mr. James Durnstein
Minister of Defense Corporal Sebastian Heimmer II
Minister of Trade Count Herbert Von Goldstein
Minister of Colonial Affairs Mr. George D Hunt
Minister of Homeland Affairs HRH Prince Royal Alfred Turnovarious
Minister of War Duke Robert Fanshaw IV

Arch-GG of AD Africa Lord Vincent Drole II
GG of AD Middle-East Baron Alexander Wotavitch
GG of AD Indonesia Mr. Stewart Moriati
GG of AD India Captain Charles Montbatton
GG of AD South America Sir Rudolf Gelbert
GG of AD Oversea Territories Admiral Edward Gorbavitch
GG of AD Norden Mr. Olaf Englestein

Governor of Kovdor Lord-Ambassador Henry Drole
Governor of Volvograd Lord-Ambassador Marcus Reinny
Governor of Petrovlad Lord-Ambassador David Soloman

OOC RULES

Just a quick reminder...

- No Godmodding!
- No flaming, trolling etc etc
- Keep OOC posts to the OOC thread, please!

IC

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=211298

Update Forum

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=212142&p=11933478#p11933478

Map for Editing

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?39r8mji6sdu76fs
Last edited by Nova Imperius on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:10 am, edited 76 times in total.

Kherkov
Senator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm here.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... mperor.jpg - My new Emperor, actually the same guy as before, but a different picture :P

EDIT: or this guy... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... %C5%8D.jpg

EDIT (again): Taisho it is
Last edited by Kherkov on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
+ England expects that every man will do his duty +

Co-Founder of the RP Region The Commonwealth Society
Regional Factbook | Join our Discord | Kherkov Factbook
Nation is RP - not equal to RL views

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:37 pm

App edited as to adjust for extra land.

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Dambria
Capital City: Petropavlovsk
Nation Leader: Konstantin I
Form of Rule: Absolute Monarchy
Population: 1,500,000 but increasing rapidly.
Military Population: 15,000
Basic History of Nation: As late as the 1860s Damiria was little more than a number of small states surrounded by lawless lands. It was a popular destination for more unsavoury people intent on avoiding the reach of Japanese law. Japan had often considered using force to stop this however the amount it would cost to take the entire area was considered to great. This changed in 1868 when Konstantin Vasilyev a young member of Damiria's small educated class began speaking of uniting the land. He soon gained a significant following in his home of Petropavlovsk. News of this man soon caught the attention of the Japanese government. The young man was offered Japanese backing if he pledged to return several important criminals to Japan. He agreed and with Japan's backing. Within a few years Konstantin was the ruler of all of Damiria. He had put his Japanese backing to good use, working to modernise the country. Damiria is now on the rise.
Basic Summery of Current Situation: Damiria has experienced rapid industrialisation and population growth thanks to both Japanese investment and the ambitious rule of it's leader. While the country is still far from being a great power it's certainly on the rise. However, the country's inhospitable nature means that it's people will soon require more land if they are to advance further. Damiria is yet to join one of the great alliances and Japan's help in it's rise won't stop them from being tempted by 'gifts' from the CEA.
Basic Plans for RP: Join one of the alliances, expand territory without annoying any major powers, continue to modernise.
Last edited by Britcan on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Imperius » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Kherkov wrote:I'm here.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... mperor.jpg - My new Emperor, actually the same guy as before, but a different picture :P

EDIT: or this guy... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... %C5%8D.jpg

id go for 2nd guy

Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Imperius » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Britcan wrote:App edited as to adjust for extra land.

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Damiria
Capital City: Petropavlovsk
Nation Leader: Konstantin I
Form of Rule: Absolute Monarchy
Population: 1,500,000 but increasing rapidly.
Military Population: 15,000
Basic History of Nation: As late as the 1860s Damiria was little more than a number of small states surrounded by lawless lands. It was a popular destination for more unsavoury people intent on avoiding the reach of Japanese law. Japan had often considered using force to stop this however the amount it would cost to take the entire area was considered to great. This changed in 1868 when Konstantin Vasilyev a young member of Damiria's small educated class began speaking of uniting the land. He soon gained a significant following in his home of Petropavlovsk. News of this man soon caught the attention of the Japanese government. The young man was offered Japanese backing if he pledged to return several important criminals to Japan. He agreed and with Japan's backing. Within a few years Konstantin was the ruler of all of Damiria. He had put his Japanese backing to good use, working to modernise the country. Damiria is now on the rise.
Basic Summery of Current Situation: Damiria has experienced rapid industrialisation and population growth thanks to both Japanese investment and the ambitious rule of it's leader. While the country is still far from being a great power it's certainly on the rise. However, the country's inhospitable nature means that it's people will soon require more land if they are to advance further. Damiria is yet to join one of the great alliances and Japan's help in it's rise won't stop them from being tempted by 'gifts' from the CEA.
Basic Plans for RP: Join one of the alliances, expand territory without annoying any major powers, continue to modernise.

Accepted :D

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Getting updated app up.
Last edited by Kherkov on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Federation of the World
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of the World » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm

No way Fortograd should be so big. They just went through a huge war. I say we cut them down a bit. They must be on steriods otherwise.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Changed a few things from the 1830 one.

Nation Name: The Empire Of Japan

Capital City: Kyoto

Nation Leader: Emperor Masaru I

Form of Rule: Absolute Monarchy, with a heavy authoritarian element (as in Metsuke, the secret police, lots of propaganda, etc)

Population: (Whole Empire) 137.5 mil.

Military Population (no more than 5% in times of peace): 6.875 mil (5%)

Basic History of Nation: The Boshin War occurred much earlier than usual, lasting from 1814-1816. European technology and culture have influenced Japan. However, even though the cities are filled with chimneys belching with smog, and the military wears pristine western uniform, Japan has kept some of its tradition. The Samurai are still present in the military. Sake dens produce Ninja, Metsuke (A secret policeman of sorts) from the Tokugawa era still patrol, watching for anyone to slip up.

But factories are everywhere. Ironclads are docked. Gatling guns are plentiful. Japan is not what it once was; it could be seen as the industrial equal of one of its European counterparts. Militarily it is very strong also, it needs to be. The Emperor, and indeed the nation, have strong Imperial feelings and ambitions. Heavily fortified outposts already exist in North America and Indochina. A huge, sprawling colony lies in South America.

Kyou started Japan's dream. He led the Imperials to victory against the Shogun, formed the Joint Asiatic League with Emperor Yongyan, and laid the foundations for Empire. Now it is left to his son, Masaru, to lead Japan to prosperity. He was even named so; Masaru means victory.

Basic Summary of Current Situation: In 1830, Japan was a rising power. But now, it is a mighty dragon, one of the main nations of the world. It's economy is doing well from the long trade partnerships with the Ming Song, the Australians, the Mayans, and the Sultanate. The Imperial Navy has grown and is much stronger; A lot of Japan's empire consists of islands and thus it needs to be. The army is large, and enforces iron discipline. The populace live under an almost psychotic Emperor. His father had started taking steps to control the populace and Masaru has completed those steps. Metsuke watch the populace, newspapers and the like are heavily monitored by the government, and propaganda is to be seen everywhere.

Basic Plans for RP: Colonise a lot of South America before the Europeans take most of it. India and the Indochina areas are also targets. Reinforce the JAL structurally, militarily, and economically. To become an Imperial superpower.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 pm

United Federation of the World wrote:No way Fortograd should be so big. They just went through a huge war. I say we cut them down a bit. They must be on steriods otherwise.

I think the war was over 60 years ago, in 1815ish.
And they could have fixed themselves up in the 1830 RP.

Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Imperius » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:31 pm

United Federation of the World wrote:No way Fortograd should be so big. They just went through a huge war. I say we cut them down a bit. They must be on steriods otherwise.

no its 60 years since the war. its all wilderness anyway. in valuable land they are the size of austria

The Keystone Federation
Senator

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Keystone Federation » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:42 pm

I have a few questions about this saga. A, how does map claiming work? B, am I creating my own nation, or selecting from the list?

The Keystone Federation
"Virtue, Liberty, and Independence"
Population: 236.594 Million

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
When I participate in a roleplay in ii I expect realism, if you attack me with a flying aircraft carrier or a giant robot, I'm probably going to leave.
Currently at War with: Kamchastkia, Bydo

Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Imperius » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 pm

The Keystone Federation wrote:I have a few questions about this saga. A, how does map claiming work? B, am I creating my own nation, or selecting from the list?

A - use detailed posts and use strategy to take the land. consider were you are trying to take and also that it may anger people. currently taking parts of Asia is pretty dodgy due to JAL. u must do a few detailed posts and have planning also. B - select from the list. id suggest norden

Ublia
Senator

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ublia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 pm

I'm back!!!! I'll have the APP up in a jiffy.
Last edited by Ublia on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Canadian Green Tory and Nationalist, who loves History, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and is always down to RP

"'Whither is God?' He cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him- you and I.'"- F. Neitzsche, The Gay Science
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51
Canada, Green and or Red Toryism, Environmentalism, Canadian Nationalism, Neo-Classical Realism
Neutral: Eggplants and Switzerland
Against: Communism, Separatism in Canada, Social Conservatism, Critical Theory (the last few years have been harsh), DESCARTES (don't blame me blame the Meditations)

Ublia
Senator

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ublia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:58 pm

APP

Nation Name: Tsardom of Fortograd
Capital City: Astrakhan
Nation Leader: Tsar Cyril I Rovachov-Uble-Hublevitch
Form of Rule: Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 80 million+
Military Population (no more than 5% in times of peace. Percentage will effect economy): 3.7 million regulars (plus a large reserve).
Basic History of Nation: Since 1829 the Empire of Fortograd has once more emerged a leading power in the world. A vast Eurasian state made up of many peoples and religions it has come a long way since the reign of the restored Tsardom under Tsar Nikolai III Rovachov the Restorer (r.1828-1847).Under his reign the Empire quickly expanded. With Moscow firmly restored thanks to his negotiations with Anhk-Durnik and entry into the CEA. As well under him we’d achieved our first colony the Viceroyalty of Patagonia in South America a further boast to the monarchy.

Applauded by all his far reaching polices have led to the beginnings of socialized medicine in the empire a rebuilt road system and the introduction of educational/social reforms. Upon his death in 1847 after nineteen years on the throne at the age of 69 his son Dmitry V (r.1847-1849) followed him onto the throne. Like his father he was interested in Imperial and colonial expansion however he was staunchly anti-reform and soon attempted to abolish the Imperial Council and instead replace it with a diet of his own cronies.

This however was stopped by the ill-fated Summer Movement when in 1848 a group of liberal officers attempted to overthrow the Tsar and replace him with his nephew the liberal Grand Duke Nikolai Rovachov. The coup was a brief one which ended with the Golden Guard defeating the uprising and the death of the conspirators save the grand Duke whom was exiled to the colonies. However soon after the unpopular Tsar was murdered by a bomb during a military parade along with his heir and only son Tsarevitch Grigori.

Their deaths sparked a burning question of succession and soon the exiled Grand Duke swooped in as he was recalled by the ‘Iron Baron’ Prime Minister Baron Conrad von Uble-Hublevitch whom had held the position since 1829. The Grand Duke was soon married to the Barons granddaughter Victoria whom would dominate her husband’s reign as the chief proponent for her father’s policies until his death in office in 1851. With the Barons death his successors proved mere shadows of his glory. Nikolai IV meanwhile appointed numerous liberals to the ranks of his cabinet. As well he as a naval enthusiast attempted to become the new naval superpower despite Fortograds landlocked borders save the Black Sea port of Rostov-na-Donau.

The Tsar frivolously commissioned ship after ship creating a rather large naval force which drained the defense budget. On the brink of bankruptcy the unthinkable, the Tsar died supposedly of tuberculosis. With his death and his four children all underage his wife Tsarina Victoria rules not as Regent but Tsar with the backing of her lover the head of the army War Minister Field Marshal Vladimir Semenov. Under her the Empire trimmed the fat starting with the navy.

Victoria I the Great (r.1851-1876) was she would become known was a cultured woman’s who focused on maintaining a very militarist state and was herself known to have a uniform. She supported further expeditions into eastern Russia by the Empire and was able to subjugate numerous tribes. Victoria also formally changed the Imperial name after selecting suitable brides from amongst her family the House of Uble-Hublevitch for Rovachov Princes, to Rovachov-Uble-Hublevitch.

She also was renowned for her lovers of which she had many after her husband’s death. They included Marshal Semenov whom was followed by Prince Igor Lepyev her Foreign and Colonial Minister whom helped in the grand expansion of Fortograds South American possessions. She even was rumored to have held carnal relations with her half-brother Prince Frederick von Uble-Hublevitch the man whom was appointed lucrative post of Head of the Assembly of Houses (A gathering of the heads of the nation’s noble families). Another rumor includes her in the arms of the Uzbek Emir Hamid al-Qaesh the head of her Turkic bodyguards.
Under however the Empire prospered and the economy flourished. She would also be known for her cultural achievements especially at the Imperial capital which she commissioned seven new palaces the so called Temple of Apollo Museum to House Fortogradian archeological finds based on the Parthenon of ancient Greece. Asides this she built St. Helena Basilica and the stunning Zolotoy dom Palace or Golden House styled on Versailles.

By the end of her reign the nation had an enormous army and navy, a filled treasury and some of the finest cultural achievements in Europe. When she did die in 1876 the crown swiftly passed to her son the ultra-conservative Tsar Nikolai V (r.1876-1878) whom was a paranoid despot. His condition never stabilised and while he and his megalomania was confined to the Zolotoy dom Palace were he played soldier his studious brother Cyril ruled as Regent. Eventually it was decided the crown would be forfeited to Cyril whom kept the empire on a stable course despite its ruler’s insanity.
Nikolai soon retired to a palace on the Caspian Sea and the liberal and scholarly Cyril I was crowned Tsar and Autocrat. Cyril himself has since followed his mother’s course however he is an imperialist minded individual whom hopes to further increase Fortograds ever rising prestige in the world.

Basic Summery of Current Situation: Empire is in a time of utter prosperity. The people are content and the empire now holds stretches over Eurasia and South America. As well the new Tsar is beloved by all.

Basic Plans for RP: Expand colonially in South America. As well investigate the possibility to purchase colonies in Africa or establish new ones in India. The Tsardom of Fortograd remains ever loyal to the CEA and its old ally Anhk-Durnik.

ImageTsar and Autocrat Cyril I Rovachov-Uble-Hublevitch of Fortograd
Last edited by Ublia on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
A Canadian Green Tory and Nationalist, who loves History, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and is always down to RP

"'Whither is God?' He cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him- you and I.'"- F. Neitzsche, The Gay Science
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51
Canada, Green and or Red Toryism, Environmentalism, Canadian Nationalism, Neo-Classical Realism
Neutral: Eggplants and Switzerland
Against: Communism, Separatism in Canada, Social Conservatism, Critical Theory (the last few years have been harsh), DESCARTES (don't blame me blame the Meditations)

Acroticus
Senator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Acroticus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Nation Name: Sicilian Empire (again)

Capital City:Palermo

Nation Leader:Emperor Niccolo (Just took over from his father)

Form of Rule: Got quite a bit in common with the Feudal System

Population: 135,000,000

Military Population (no more than 5% in times of peace): 6,500,000

Basic History of Nation: The Kingdom of Sicily flourished in the middle ages, the mix of Norman and Arabic cultures thrived alongside one another, allowing unique combinations of technologies used to create things for both war and peaceful uses. Whilst maintaining a Christian face so as not to upset the papacy Muslims were still allowed to worship in their own ways. Sicily provided troops for all the crusades, and their units who used a mix of Muslim and Christian weaponry providing several wins for the crusading armies. As the crusades were beaten back, and the Knights of St John were given care of Tripoli and the surrounding areas the Knights merged with the Kingdom against Ottoman attacks, beating back many of the raids against both Tripoli and the Scilian homeland. Even being able to push back and claim much Ottoman land as their own. As the papacy weakennd their grip on Italy and Sicily remained a beacon of hope in beating back the Muslims the two merged, giving Sicily control of the majority of Italy, (though it lost Northern Italy during the renaissance to Francia). Sicily also expanded west in Africa, into the territory of the Moors, uniting quite a bit of northern Africa under their control.

In the past couple decades, Sicily was focused on expanding through the status quo. For several decades, the Sicilian Empire focused on the completion of a complex railroad system. The Sicilians completed it's conquest of central Africa by reaching the Atlantic Ocean. New ports have appeared on the Ivory Coast, part of a busy trade route with the new world. The Emperor did eventually fulfill his ambition of expanding into South America, but the small settlement is dwarfed by many of the other influences in the region. The South American settlement has yielded strong economic rewards, but many of the Lords of Sicily had become uneasy with the Emperor's agenda, among these Prince Niccolo. Niccolo had a much more aggressive agenda. The blank edges of the map were being filled in, and just four years ago the Emperor died. The young Prince Niccolo came into power. His focus has been on creating a modern steel navy,keeping the Sicilian Empire's reputation for its powerful navy and delighting the Lords. The fear of war has only given the Emperor more support for increased funding to the navy.

There have been some changes in the government recently. The feudal system is slowly being wrought out of the culture, and a more centralized government being created. With infrastructure growing rapidly, the need for feudal lords is fading, and the Lords are losing their power.

Basic Summery of Current Situation: Being one of the oldest members of the CEA, the Sicilian Empire is crucial in the talks with the JAL. However, many people in the Empire simply do not like the Westerners. The disappointment of the land grab in the New World is pushing the nation to look to steal some land from another nation. The Sicilian economy just underwent a rapid growth due to industrialization, and the capital has become a bustling center for factories. Still, many corners of the Empire are not industrialized, particularly the far Eastern parts.

Basic Plans for RP: As the map is becoming filled in, the young Emperor will certainly be getting aggressive in conquering new land. He is particularly eager to fight some of the JAL.
Last edited by Acroticus on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Nation name: Empire of Australia(title change)

Leader:Emperor James V age:87 his heir son to be Emperor Ahu

Population:135,000,000

Military Population:6,000,000(sorry if off in a rush)

Basic History:The empire is running smoothly. Ironclads fill the docks, newly invented blimps fly overhead, the people are wealthy or middle class, and support for the Emperor prevails. In the early 1800's the future of the then kingdom was shaky. A marriage had occurred between the Anhk princess and the Australian prince which had made the future king of Anhk-Durnik a cousin of the soon to be Emperor of the Australian Empire. The Australian Kingdom then fell in with the JAL after the Fortogradian war.
The JAL, created by the late Emperors Kyou and Yongyan of the Japanese and Chinese Empires, helped the economy of the Australians which is now swelled by the great factories hemorrhaging products to be sold in other parts of the world. The JAL has helped them build their economy while on their own the Australians built a great navy to patrol the islands it controls the fleets include ironclads bristling with cannons and small fast ships powered by powerful petroleum engines.
The Empire is in a rare and uncertain position to join either side the JAL or the CEA which one will they choose.
Basic outline of current situation: The Empire has become a superpower of the Southern Hemisphere thanks to help from the JAL. The military is focused on securing more of North America before it is claimed by others and possibly look to expand it's claims into Antartica to secure this land. The economy is very good but continueing to grow at a brisk pace.
Plans for RP: Expand into North America and Antartica, support the JAL, survive as an empire, and keep peace in the world.
Last edited by Lenciland on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Tag for post.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 am

> 5% of 90 million: 4.5 million.

> I think blimps only arrived in the 1910s.

Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Imperius » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 am

Kherkov wrote:> 5% of 90 million: 4.5 million.

> I think blimps only arrived in the 1910s.

Thanks for spotting. Thoses involved with the above fix. everyone accepted

Forward Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Forward Islands » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

Nation Name:The Republic of Iberia (The Kingdom of Spaniata)
Capital City:Toledo
Nation Leader:President of Iberia
Form of Rule:Democracy
Population:70 million
Military Population (no more than 5% in times of peace. Percentage will effect economy):2%
Basic History of Nation:Ye Olde Spanish Empire
Basic Summery of Current Situation:The President have cast a new wave of explorers to discover Terra Australis, a mithical continent, but instead he found the other nation. Seeing that he couldn´t fight against them, he tried to ally with them with trade and diplomacy. Also we are trying some experimental naval tech.
Basic Plans for RP: We will try to trade and have diplomatic relationship with other nations. With the money we´ll spread our dominion to some islands of the Pacific and invest in naval tech. We are also thinking in south america , africa and India.
Last edited by Forward Islands on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Imperius » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 am

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Anhk-Durnik
Capital City: Durnovaria
Nation Leader: King Alexander XVI (hes on the edge of death, 100th birthday and 70th anniversary of reign soon)
Arch-Duke General Prestatin VI (Controller of armed forces)
Grand Visier Hubert Von Englestein (head of house of nobles)
Form of Rule: Absolute (but fair) monarchy with a semi-democratic mainly aristrocratic government
Population: Kingdom - 145 million
Empire - 130 million
Total - 275 million (was 260 million in previous)
Military Population: 3.25% (8.94 million) mainly stationed as peacekeepers (police) over the empire.
Basic History of Nation: Just over 600 years ago the monstorous maurader, Gengis Khan, invaded europe. The two fairly small nations of Anhk and Durnik struggled to hold off the attacks. Then "from the sea" came the legendary Anhk-Durnik icon Alexander (King Alexander I) along with his trusted friend Vincent (St. Vincent). Together they united the two nations and warded off the deadly foe. Over the centuries the nation grew larger holding some of the largest and most beautiful cities in the world, especially the Neo-Classical spectacular metropolis of Durnovaria, currently the largest city in the world holding the largest museums, unique Zoos, first class resteraunts, and the spectacular Imperial centre of the city. In 1820 on King Alexander XVIs 10th year on the throne war broke out between Fortograd and themselves. Through this an african and asian empire was built and vast railways were built. The King had been sure to educate the entire nation to grow an empire of hard-core imperialists. This was a success and now industry, invention, innovation rules the Empire. The King is nearing his 100th birthday and 70th year on the throne. Mass celebrations have been planned though the question looms whether the King shall live the next few months to see the celebrations. The scientists and doctors of the nation now tend to his every need trying to keep the oldest monarch in the world alive.
Basic Summery of Current Situation: Industry is still booming as the nation is the prime producer of Gold, Tin, Mahogany, Diamonds, Mechanical machines, boats, foods, Textiles, Iron, ivory, but that is very little compared to the money made from the Suez canal, Gibraltar, Gates of the red sea, Kovdor(chinese city), Petrovlad (madagascan city), Volvograd (australian city), aswell as the booming Central Empire Trading Company. The nation holds some of the largest and greatest education establishments in the world and is considered by many nations to have the most democratic system in the world. The people all over the Empire live luxurious lives and the people feel exited to have such opertunity to make money.
Basic Plans for RP: Expand, Improve, Detail the Empire.

Nova Imperius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Imperius » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 am

Forward Islands wrote:Nation Name:The Kingdom of Spaniata
Capital City:Argopolis
Nation Leader:President of Spaniata
Military Population (no more than 5% in times of peace. Percentage will effect economy):2%
Basic History of Nation:We are basically a former spanish colony
Basic Summery of Current Situation:The President have cast a new wave of explorers to discover Terra Australis, a mithical continent, but instead he found the other nation. Seeing that he couldn´t fight against them, he tried to ally with them with trade and diplomacy. Also we are trying some experimental naval tech.
Basic Plans for RP: We will try to trade and have diplomatic relationship with other nations. With the money we´ll spread our dominion to some islands of the Pacific and invest in naval tech. We are also thinking in south america

do u have any RP experience??

Crolacia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crolacia » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:17 am

Hi guys, could I sign up with a totally new country or do I have to choose Norden 'cause it's only one available?

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 am

Crolacia wrote:Hi guys, could I sign up with a totally new country or do I have to choose Norden 'cause it's only one available?

Hey Crolacia :) Remember me from Survivor International?

Anyway, some people have gone inactive, so it's not just Norden. Alternitavely, pick one of the white areas from the first map here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=204197 , and Nova might let you in.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:59 am

Forward Islands wrote:Nation Name:The Republic of Iberia (The Kingdom of Spaniata)
Capital City:Toledo
Nation Leader:President of Iberia
Basic History of Nation:Ye Olde Spanish Empire
Basic Plans for RP: We will try to trade and have diplomatic relationship with other nations. With the money we´ll spread our dominion to some islands of the Pacific and invest in naval tech. We are also thinking in south america , africa and India.

I think you should flesh this out a bit more, show us your creative writing skills.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse